Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I'm making an omorashi game!

21 minutes ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Rather than going down the route of hand drawing all those frames.

Would it not be easier, to actually create a 3D character in say autoCAD.

There are even a number of pre-built wire renders, that you can adapt for your own needs.

I was actually thinking about doing exactly as you suggested at one point.

Originally, my plan was to do pre-rendered CGI chracters as sprites.  However, actually trying this I ran into some issues early on.  The CGI look is just very unforgiving of errors.  Doing wire-frame renders to approximate a hand drawn look helped a lot, but still gave results that didn't feel right to me.  It felt like CGI trying to be hand drawn, and any hand drawn details, like the seems on her jeans, really didn't fit.

Overall, I decided to go with an all hand drawn approach as, at least in my opinion, it is a fairly timeless look, it is more forgiving as we all grew up watching hand drawn animation that had plenty of errors, and the overall aesthetic I think lends itself to the game's story.  The game is going to be set in a school, Omorashi Academy, so having the kind of hand drawn look, handwritten text, it lends itself to the feel of doodles in a notebook or notes passed back and forth in class.

21 minutes ago, TVGuy said:

I was actually thinking about doing exactly as you suggested at one point.

Originally, my plan was to do pre-rendered CGI chracters as sprites.  However, actually trying this I ran into some issues early on.  The CGI look is just very unforgiving of errors.  Doing wire-frame renders to approximate a hand drawn look helped a lot, but still gave results that didn't feel right to me.  It felt like CGI trying to be hand drawn, and any hand drawn details, like the seems on her jeans, really didn't fit.

Overall, I decided to go with an all hand drawn approach as, at least in my opinion, it is a fairly timeless look, it is more forgiving as we all grew up watching hand drawn animation that had plenty of errors, and the overall aesthetic I think lends itself to the game's story.  The game is going to be set in a school, Omorashi Academy, so having the kind of hand drawn look, handwritten text, it lends itself to the feel of doodles in a notebook or notes passed back and forth in class.

Sounds great.

If you need any help, then please ask us all.

I have some decent audio recording gear, for sound effects if you need.

I think it is a fantastic idea. You may have already thought of this, but considering all of the considerable talent on this site - you could ask for submissions for "jobs/tasks" you need filled. 

We don't have the time at the moment, but my son and I worked on story and graphics of first iteration of M&M 10, before it became something more convoluted. 

At first, that worked really well. The new devs had permission to continue the franchise and had an overall story arc. They just needed specific things to populate the world. If I recall, there were spec sheets and parameters that were posted on Facebook. When a person had something ready, they emailed the file and completed spec sheet. 

I am not sure what went wrong, but since this is hobby driven, and we all love TVGuy and hopefully could give something back, if he needed.

Just a thought...

4 hours ago, tennyson said:

I think it is a fantastic idea. You may have already thought of this, but considering all of the considerable talent on this site - you could ask for submissions for "jobs/tasks" you need filled.

The problem is that most of the work that is going into this game is just going to be creating the art assets.  Because each artist has a slightly different style, it won't really work to have multiple artists contributing different elements, as that would create stylistic differences.

Anyway, I got a little bit more work done yesterday.  Here are a couple more walk cycle animations, bringing the total to three.  Each playable character will have 8 separate walk cycle animations for each version of the character. 

F-Clothed-Walking---2.gif F-Clothed-Walking---3.gif

7 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

If you mirror the images, you suddenly jump from three to six.

Walking to the left mirrors to walking to the right. 

Indeed, that's exactly what I plan to do.  I will only need to actually hand draw and animate 5 images per player character per outfit.  Not as bad as 8, but still a lot to do.

Luckily, I've been quite enjoying it so far.  Kicking back with a basic Wacom tablet and putting some classic 90's sitcom on Hulu and just focusing on drawing, it is very relaxing in a way.  So far, this has proven to be a good way for me to relieve stress.

So has this girl got a name yet?

If not how about

Sarina Erzulie.

Spoiler

Sarina Erzulie

Origin:Hebrew

Meaning:princess; one who laughs

Sarina is a girl’s name of Hebrew origin. This name translates to “princess” and “one who laughs”,

La Sirène (Lasirenn) or Mami Wata is associated with Erzulie and sometimes is displayed in Erzulie’s roles as mother, lover, and protector. She is often depicted as half-fish, half-human and has a strong connection to water.[2] Her husband is Agwe, the King of the Sea and patron of sailors and fishermen.

The Erzulie is a family of loa that are often associated with water (fluidity), femininity, and feminine bodies. They are one of the only group of spirits directly tied to these characteristics and those who become possessed (through spirit possession) often are women or Masisi (effeminate and or homosexual men).[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erzulie

https://babynames.com/name/sarina

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_water_deities

10 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

So has this girl got a name yet?

If not how about

Sarina Erzulie.

Reveal hidden contents

This may change, as nothing is totally set in stone yet with this game, but my initial plan was to allow players to name their own character.

10 hours ago, Viridis said:

Love the idea! I think the classic Sierra point-and-click style could work really well as an omo game. Looking forward to seeing its development

Or we could go all the way back to the original Sierra text parser interfaces 😉

LOOK AROUND ROOM

INSPECT WALL

TAKE KEYCARD

I'm just kidding, of course.  What I'm envisioning is a simpler version of the Sierra point-and-click interface.  This game won't require all the actions that were possible with Sierra games.  Right now I'm thinking just a simple click to interact with interactive objects, where the cursor would change when hovered over, and otherwise click to move around the game world.

10 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

How about this for your fictional Omo school motto.

saltastis curas auferte, in alium diem solliciti.

Translates using Google from Latin to 

put your cares away, worry for another day

It's the first two lines in the theme tune to Fraggle Rock.

It just seems an appropriate motto for an Omo school.

I love the concept, but I'm not sure it totally fits with the game's story.  The events of the game are set in motion because the player character does care about past accidents they have had and is worried about their reputation.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:02 PM, Codedog92 said:

When do you think it will be done 

Great question!  And, I have no idea.

As I'm sure you can imagine, creating a computer game is a huge project.  Considering I am doing it all myself, and only able to work on it here and there, it will likely be some time before it is completed.  However, I know that if I focus on creating deadlines with this project, and make promises as to when it will be complete, that it will cease to be a fun hobby for me and become just another project on my pile; One more stress inducing chore.  Therefor, I am focusing more on making it so the process of creating the game itself is an enjoyable one.  It is something I can look forward to working on to unwind, and rather than be a source of stress, it is a way to relieve anxiety.

I can't say when I expect to be done, or even how rapid I expect progress to be.  The only thing I can promise is that as I make progress on the game that I will share that progress here.  Once I get to the point where I start having playable builds done, even very incomplete ones, I will be posting those builds here as well.

18 minutes ago, TVGuy said:

Great question!  And, I have no idea.

As I'm sure you can imagine, creating a computer game is a huge project.  Considering I am doing it all myself, and only able to work on it here and there, it will likely be some time before it is completed.  However, I know that if I focus on creating deadlines with this project, and make promises as to when it will be complete, that it will cease to be a fun hobby for me and become just another project on my pile; One more stress inducing chore.  Therefor, I am focusing more on making it so the process of creating the game itself is an enjoyable one.  It is something I can look forward to working on to unwind, and rather than be a source of stress, it is a way to relieve anxiety.

I can't say when I expect to be done, or even how rapid I expect progress to be.  The only thing I can promise is that as I make progress on the game that I will share that progress here.  Once I get to the point where I start having playable builds done, even very incomplete ones, I will be posting those builds here as well.

Hey man if you can’t get it done don’t worry about it I think that it’s about to be released soon. My bad

I had exactly the same idea with u. 

Have you tried contributing / developing open source projects? That’s a good way to make the development faster - some developers who have the same hobbies with you in the world will make the project together (at least me). Also there are some omorashi games already on GitHub, maybe we can learn how to count stomach and blender, how to leak, how clothes hold some water, etc. 

Would you like to make the project open source or just tell me some details?

On 10/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, jzl said:

I had exactly the same idea with u. 

Have you tried contributing / developing open source projects? That’s a good way to make the development faster - some developers who have the same hobbies with you in the world will make the project together (at least me). Also there are some omorashi games already on GitHub, maybe we can learn how to count stomach and blender, how to leak, how clothes hold some water, etc. 

Would you like to make the project open source or just tell me some details?

I'm not really interested in contributing to another open source project for a couple reasons.  One being that I'm just not that skilled of a developer or an artist.  I don't want to be part of a team that is relying on me for things, as I doubt I'd be able to consistently deliver or that my work would be of high enough caliber to hold up alongside the work of people who are actually skilled or even who know what they are doing.

The second reason I'm doing my own project, instead of collaborating on a project that is already in the works, is I have a fairly specific vision for how the story and the game play are going to work.  This isn't going to be something like a dating sim with an omo element, or and rpg. It is going to be more of an adventure style game with an omo themed mystery to solve and a bladder/desperation/accident mechanic.

As far as making this project open source... Maybe.  I am fully behind the idea of open source software licenses, but, to make the programming a bit easier, I am considering using some commercial, non-open source libraries.  The code I write I would happily make available, but I would be at liberty to share the commercial code that I am paying for.

15 minutes ago, TVGuy said:

I'm not really interested in contributing to another open source project for a couple reasons.  One being that I'm just not that skilled of a developer or an artist.  I don't want to be part of a team that is relying on me for things, as I doubt I'd be able to consistently deliver or that my work would be of high enough caliber to hold up alongside the work of people who are actually skilled or even who know what they are doing.

The second reason I'm doing my own project, instead of collaborating on a project that is already in the works, is I have a fairly specific vision for how the story and the game play are going to work.  This isn't going to be something like a dating sim with an omo element, or and rpg. It is going to be more of an adventure style game with an omo themed mystery to solve and a bladder/desperation/accident mechanic.

As far as making this project open source... Maybe.  I am fully behind the idea of open source software licenses, but, to make the programming a bit easier, I am considering using some commercial, non-open source libraries.  The code I write I would happily make available, but I would be at liberty to share the commercial code that I am paying for.

Actually the only part that I am interested in is the stomach/bladder/ability system, maybe I can make one and open-source it. 

Edited by jzl
Fix spelling mistakes. (see edit history)

Here are the walk cycle animations for the clothed version of the female player character.  There were also be nude and underwear versions of the character, as well as normal standing and standing while desperate versions.

walking-1.gif

walking-2.gif

walking-3.gif

walking-4.gif

walking-5.gif

walking-6.gif

walking-7.gif

walking-8.gif

Once I'm done with the clothed versions of this character, do you guys think I should work on the nude version, or the version of her in underwear next?

12 hours ago, TVGuy said:

Here are the walk cycle animations for the clothed version of the female player character.  There were also be nude and underwear versions of the character, as well as normal standing and standing while desperate versions.

walking-1.gif

walking-2.gif

walking-3.gif

walking-4.gif

walking-5.gif

walking-6.gif

walking-7.gif

walking-8.gif

Once I'm done with the clothed versions of this character, do you guys think I should work on the nude version, or the version of her in underwear next?

Underwear version… a diapered version would be great as well!