Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Would This Site Ever Become an App Someday?

On 9/29/2022 at 5:01 AM, Cantholdit92 said:

It may sound a bit silly or even a stretch, but it would be pretty cool to use this site in app form so we don't have to use a browser. What do you think? 

I'll be honest: I can't really wrap my head around a question like this.

Can I ask how old are you? When and how did you started to use the Internet? What would make this website "cool" in app form, in your opinion? How would that change your interaction with it?

Are you aware that many "apps" on your phone today are not some super-fancy program crafted for a purpose, just a website shown to you in a dumbed down browser called Electron? Are you aware that you can use bookmarks in your browser? So you can have a button to launch a website, if that's what you're looking for.

9 minutes ago, BabyDreams said:

Can I ask how old are you? When and how did you started to use the Internet? What would make this website "cool" in app form, in your opinion? How would that change your interaction with it?

Are you aware that many "apps" on your phone today are not some super-fancy program crafted for a purpose, just a website shown to you in a dumbed down browser called Electron? Are you aware that you can use bookmarks in your browser? So you can have a button to launch a website, if that's what you're looking for.

Depends on what the app is, in terms of being a "website shown to you in a dumbed-down browser called Electron."

I find that I'm always turning down an 'offer' to make this site evident on my home-screen, so that it's not found by others - omo is a very private interest for me, and yes, I know that the meta-data on accessing the site is used by google etc. And yes, I do have one access point set as a bookmark to an area which I regularly 'visit' and this opens the site for everything else.

On 10/1/2022 at 5:38 PM, BabyDreams said:

This response is rather rude and unnecessary, and absurd, that you decided to turn a simple question into a complete total personal attack! Shame on you! And for the record, I actually discovered that if you use chrome as your browser you can install an app of this from the drop down menu. So I didn't even need to post this anyway. So much for your big personal attack

12 hours ago, Cantholdit92 said:

This response is rather rude and unnecessary, and absurd, that you decided to turn a simple question into a complete total personal attack! Shame on you! And for the record, I actually discovered that if you use chrome as your browser you can install an app of this from the drop down menu. So I didn't even need to post this anyway. So much for your big personal attack

6/10, for a moment I've actually thought that it was posted unironically