Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Beyond help

Question

Well there is no guidance or counseling that can help with this one. But I need to at least tell someone what's going on.

I'm currently sat in the hospital, with my mum lying heavily sedated.

At present I am trying to write her eulogy, because things are looking that serious.

She was admitted by ambulance from a care home with blood sugars of 39mmol/l for American's that's 702mg/dl 

The hospital have already told me she is too frail to resuscitate, if things get worse.

7 answers to this question

15 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Well there is no guidance or counseling that can help with this one. But I need to at least tell someone what's going on.

I'm currently sat in the hospital, with my mum lying heavily sedated.

At present I am trying to write her eulogy, because things are looking that serious.

She was admitted by ambulance from a care home with blood sugars of 39mmol/l for American's that's 702mg/dl 

The hospital have already told me she is too frail to resuscitate, if things get worse.

Dear @TheLoneRanger , I can’t even start to imagine how you must be feeling. All I can do is send you, your mother and your family all the very best wishes and prayers. 

I sincerely hope she makes a positive turn and start the journey to recovery. 

much love ❤️ 

On 9/28/2022 at 4:47 PM, soakingboy said:

Been thinking about her today - really relieved to read this. 

I hope she can continue to gain strength and improve.

Well my mum is still poorly, but is actually more lucid than I have seen her for a while.

She's trying to speak, and some of what she is saying, is making sense.

The doctors are still fighting an infection, so she's not out of the woods, but does seem to be making progress.

On 10/20/2022 at 11:51 PM, TheLoneRanger said:

@soakingboy

Well my mum died on Monday.

It's one of the reasons I've been less active here in the last few weeks.

I could not be more sorry to hear this. Probably the hardest thing we must all experience.. 

It will just take time.. give yourself the time and space to process it all. And just try to think back at all the wonderful times. 

sending much love