Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Favorite video game

I really can't pick just one, so I'll just group my favorites together. I like story driven cinematic games so Metal Gear Solid 1-4, Resident Evil 1-4, Silent Hill 1-4. The first three Tomb Raiders were great also. Any Grand Theft Auto from 3 onwards, Castlevania was a surprising addition to the group. I bought a used copy of Lament of Innocence once for the hell of it and fell in love with the whole series. There's also a bunch of random games, siren, clock tower 3, mafia, indigo prophecy, shadow of destiny, the manhunts, the max paynes.

I separate my favorite game from my most nostalgic games. For my current favorite it's CoD, I'm not a nut-hugger I just think too much and it occupies my mind. As far as Nostalgic I gotta say Lunar 1 and 2 on the Sega Genesis and Sony Playstation. I swear I've played those games so many times and they have never gotten old.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's always a hard question, cause most people either go with the most recent game they played (I freaking loved Dishonored), or a nostalgic classic (Can't beat Ocarina of Time), but I'm gonna have to go with Bioshock 2.

Most people say the first is better. It's rated better. But Bioshock 2 has the exact mechanism that I've been looking for in games since forever (I have only found it in this single game), and have recently started putting into my own games. It's a psychological connection between player and character, so strong that the emotional goals of each line up perfectly. It does such a fantastic job of it that the 'best' ending to the game left me high on life, perpetually happy for days. It's... It's beautiful. :D

tl;dr: Bioshock 2.

My favorite game tight now has to be boaderlands 2 I can't stop playing it.

Yeah, borderlands 2 is right up on the top of the list for me too right now. Such an addictive game I've waited too long to get up and pee while playing a couple times now. The humor and pop culture references everywhere don't help at all in such situations. :o

I've also got a fondness for the game Kerbal Space Program. It's half playing with Legos and, half learning orbital mechanics.

Nope. PC gamer all the way. My parents were convinced consoles would rot my brain and I've just never developed any interest in them.

Besides, my parents were right. If I had a console growing up, a large section of my brain would be devoted to the memorized maps of Zelda, Mario, and Final Fantasy.

Instead, I've got the first level of Doom memorized. XD

Edited by Anathema (see edit history)

"Skyrim", "Morrowind"," Zelda - Link's Awakening" and "Ocarina of Time", "Chrono Trigger"... I think these are my all-time favourites.

Also:

So far every Naughty Dog game on the PS3 has been exceeding expectations ( like the "Uncharted" franchise. "The Last of Us" looks cool too).

"Heavy Rain"...that's all I'll say here. Ooh, also looking forward to see more of "Beyond - Two Souls" (Ellen Page... :wub: )!

"InFamous" was pretty sweet as well.

"Deponia" and "Chaos on Deponia" were refreshingly classy, for a fan of old Lucas Arts adventures like me. :)

That's all I'll add for now.

Nice to see so many people having "Ocarina of Time" among their fav's. I'm surprised no one's mentioned "Chrono" yet.

Edited by mattcatt (see edit history)