Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

7 hours ago, Janiseguchi said:

I have way too many favorites for songs. From video games to movies and even anime. Some theme songs for wrestlers as well. And of course a lot of Jpop, Jrock and Japanese metal. Mainly Dir En Gray for metal.

Currently its Judas by Fozzy

Miseria Canteria by AFI

Defy you by the Offspring

Unshaken from the RDR2 soundtrack

lol As soon as a read Jmetal I knew Dir En Gray was gonna follow! 😄

On 10/26/2022 at 2:51 AM, Janiseguchi said:

I have way too many favorites for songs. From video games to movies and even anime. Some theme songs for wrestlers as well. And of course a lot of Jpop, Jrock and Japanese metal. Mainly Dir En Gray for metal.

Currently its Judas by Fozzy

Miseria Canteria by AFI

Defy you by the Offspring

Unshaken from the RDR2 soundtrack

Great picks! I've heard Chris Jericho walk out to Judas so much that the lyrics are burnt into my head. 

Edited by Omolover0 (see edit history)

So here's how I spent yesterday:

For background, I've fallen into the Lofi Hip-Hop Rabbit Hole HARD. I found this song on a Pueblo Vista poodcast the other night and I just HAD to do somethin' with it; I couldn't help it.

Conformidad-Smod

So there's the song, here come the lyrics I wrote yesterday. The guitar pickin' is your metronome and don't let the dice stop rollin' on the flow. Think Geto Boys for rap style and you should be able to feel it. Lyrics start to upbeat before the drums kick in at 0:29.

I call this "Stardust"

If the pen is mightier than the sword and knowledge is power,

Then I'ma fuckin' Howitzer!

Dark Energy surroundin' us, bindin' us together. Yeah, we know it's Out There.

And there's a fuckin' reason that we all we all come from Stardust!

We see the world thru the lens of individuality when we know there's trillions of others spread throughout the Galaxy.

Movin' thru the stars faster than a Gamma Ray but we're still hung up on some bullshit like race?

There's others Out There but we'll never fuckin' see 'em. We're too busy peepin' the neighbors wonderin' how we're gonna beat 'em.

We ain't leavin' this Rock as long as we're divided, not 'til all this Tribalism Bullshit's subsided.

Open up my mind, get high, an' surf the Cosmos. Ev'ry fuckin' day the Smoke's fillin' up my torso.

I walk the Streets with a Stutter-Step in my feet. They're bein' driven by a Lofi Hip-Hop Beat!

Chakras open, tryin' to get that Akashic Record, benefit Humanity, and bring us all togetgher.

It's a chill job, but someone's gotta do it.

Might as well be me. Let's fuckin' do this!

Starin' in the Abyss, seein' if It'll look back. Take a fuckin' swan dive. I ain't leavin' no return address. Gonna take my exit from this world for a while, got some information that needs to be compiled.

They say "Genius And Madness Are Two Sides Of The Same Coin," but it's a razor's edge to balance between sadness and joy. I find that fuckin' valley and ride as long as I can. Ev'ry single second bein' pulled down by The Man!

Why do I have to be a Useless Cog in a Huge Machine? Why can't I just do Me? What the fuck does this all mean!?

We weren't put on this Earth to be Wage Slaves, countin' down the months 'til the next fuckin' Vacay.

I'm the Wrench thrown in The Works by a monkey. Tear it all down, just you try and fuckin' stop me.

We'll find a solution together, I promise.

There's somethin' better Out There,

We jus gotta fuckin' find It...

❤️

• 9 months later...

I have a huge connection with Music and there's hardly a genre I don't like, so my "Favourite Songs Of All Time" Playlist is MAHOOSIVE. 

I am currently remaking it on my Spotify and it's already 30 odd hours long 🤣 

A few tracks off it to list here ((and give an idea of how diverse my music taste is)) would be

Arcana - Innocent Child ((where my Soul Eater Fanfic came from 😅)) 

Jocelyn Pook - Masked Ball ((the theme of all horror writer themes!! This song gave me nightmares when I first heard it it's that creepy)) 

Within Temptation - What Have You Done? ((one for my ex..)) 

Suicide Commando - Deine Hertz, Meine Gier ((crazy EBM German Club Music, I have to listen to it on Takeoff every time I am flying..)) 

Kesha - Tik Tok ((one of many guilty pop music Pleasures!!)) 

The Prodigy - Spitfire ((because Avgeeks need a soundtrack too!!)) 

Metsatoll - Hiiekoda ((they're an obscure Viking Metal band from Estonia!!)) 

Corvus Corax - Gimlie ((Medieval with a modern twist)) 

Vaughan-Williams - Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis ((I think this was used in Master and Commander??)) 

Glenn Miller - In The Mood ((I'm sure all WW2 Historians love Glenn Miller!!)) 

The Shin - Gelino ((This is a really personal one.. I heard this obscure Georgian Folk Song in the middle of Barcelona earlier this year, and had to video the Busker and find out what it was called)) 

22 hours ago, eliska_91 said:

I have a huge connection with Music and there's hardly a genre I don't like, so my "Favourite Songs Of All Time" Playlist is MAHOOSIVE. 

I am currently remaking it on my Spotify and it's already 30 odd hours long 🤣 

A few tracks off it to list here ((and give an idea of how diverse my music taste is)) would be

Arcana - Innocent Child ((where my Soul Eater Fanfic came from 😅)) 

Jocelyn Pook - Masked Ball ((the theme of all horror writer themes!! This song gave me nightmares when I first heard it it's that creepy)) 

Within Temptation - What Have You Done? ((one for my ex..)) 

Suicide Commando - Deine Hertz, Meine Gier ((crazy EBM German Club Music, I have to listen to it on Takeoff every time I am flying..)) 

Kesha - Tik Tok ((one of many guilty pop music Pleasures!!)) 

The Prodigy - Spitfire ((because Avgeeks need a soundtrack too!!)) 

Metsatoll - Hiiekoda ((they're an obscure Viking Metal band from Estonia!!)) 

Corvus Corax - Gimlie ((Medieval with a modern twist)) 

Vaughan-Williams - Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis ((I think this was used in Master and Commander??)) 

Glenn Miller - In The Mood ((I'm sure all WW2 Historians love Glenn Miller!!)) 

The Shin - Gelino ((This is a really personal one.. I heard this obscure Georgian Folk Song in the middle of Barcelona earlier this year, and had to video the Busker and find out what it was called)) 

Thanks, eliska, for bringing this thread back to life. I probably woudn't have foud it otherwise.  Music runs through my veins as well.

I'm not going to write a big long list or essay, or even give any kind of fair overview, but offer just a couple of musical thought-trains :

Anna Lapwood. I'm no fan of church music but like 'big' sounds, organ included - Toccata and Fuge - yeah (and 'Yes'), Anna seems a lively and gobby young mare who has, I think, taken up squatting in the Royal Albert Hall, all the better to take possession of the organ there.  Anna sure can tinkle those ivories, and what I like is to see her whole body light-up with glee as she sinks her digits into those keys letting forth a racket of seismic proportions.

Older stuff - one of my all time faves.  I dislike 'easy listening' with this one exception, a 1973 French cover of a 1972 Italian song. A 'standard' across Europe, entirely unknown in UK - Paroles Paroles by Dalida and Alain Delon.  In 2021 Jarvis Cocker and Laetitia Sadier released a cover, which is a fair stab maybe, but for me the 1973 Dalida Delon is the standard.  The term "paroles paroles" has become part of the French language, meaning empty, hollow or insincere words.

Found 'The Shin - Gelino' - very good.

Gelino is so beautiful. It's in my Fanfic Soundtrack ((ikr.. I'm that into my Fanfic it has music 🤣)) and it features in the Fanfic as well, as the song that is always heard on the air in the more secret and lesser known parts of Death City.. Both a song you seem to know and don't know at the same time 😅 

DC is heavily based on Barcelona as well so that connection between the song, the setting and my Fanfic will always be there 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...