Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Diapered for a long haul flight

In fews weeks i ll have to take the plane for a long haul flight.

I am thinking about wearing diapers .

Do you have any advises ?

- which model? ( I prefer goodnites xl)

- how to deal with safty checks before boarding 

-where and how to store them in the cabin lungage 

- what do i have to wear to avoid being obvious even if i have accidents .

- other usefull things i have to know ?

I have worn on long haul, but have since decided that for me it is not ideal. Having said that, I obviously support anybody to try it! 

I would always recommend only putting only the diaper after security screening. Just easier. Also keep your spare diapers in a not-see-through plastic bag in your carry-on bag. I have had security go through my bag, in the long queue with people everywhere… now, when they get to my diapers, I just whisper over - “I’d appreciate some discretion with that bag - contains medical supplies”…. They always pause. But always respectful- not just pouring it out for all to see. 

Diaper choice is important. If it is a long haul, you will likely need many changes with goodnites. Could you possibly choose a higher capacity pull-up or even tape on diaper? Will save you from so many changes. 

when you do need to change, just take your carry on bag with you. Unless you are traveling business class, the lavatories are very small. So can be a bit of a squeeze changing, but you will be ok. 

Just make sure to keep an eye on the diaper. No huge floodings and change on time. Leaks are going to be hard to hide. And you don’t want to be in wet clothes for several hours. Old pee will start to smell also. 

All the best to you, and safe travels! 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your avises it was very helpfull.

As scheduled , i had my long haul flight few days ago .
After hesitations , i have decided to wear Drynites XL , because i was accustomed wearting them and i found them quite discrete.

So i prefered wearing my pullups at home , before leaving to the airport.
I also took fews diapee in my cabin luggage if needed during flight

When i came to the airport ,I was a little nervous thinking about safety check.
when my luggage was under the scanner , the security agent told me to open , at this moment felt ashamed .
then she just look inside and didn't say anything to me, but she felt a bit disapointed , she whispered few seconds with another agent , and she told me it was ok ,i don't think the other people had time to notice .

once safety check was done i felt really relieved.
before waiting boarding , i took precautions to avoid accidents (going to the restrooms , stay hydrated but avoid cafe or coca-cola)

when i came onboard i felt disapointed because i hoped having a seat in the aisle but i was close to the windows
so it would be tricky to reach the aisle at my convenience.

the aircraft take off at 8 pm for a 11 hours flight...
Few times after we had the meal tray and then the sunset from the windows,
Once the meal was over the cabin was switched in night mode , I started to watch some movies on the IFE.
I remember suddenly feeling very tired.I sleept during at least two hours.
Then i was woken up by a heavy turbulence. fews seconds later i realised i had an accident because i felt warm and wet close to my hips.
I felt suddently panicked, the two passengers on my right were still in their seats and were not sleeping...
I was hesitating ,I finally decided to get up now and go to the bathroom.
Once up I realized my pullups was fuller that I that I thought when i was seated...
I then realize that there is some waiting for the restrooms...
I tried to lean my back on a wall for hidding my butt waiting for my turn

IMG_20220726_082138.jpg

Suddenly i realized that i forgot to take another goodnites from my cabin luggage .
I left the queue and I went back to the aisle.
I opened the rack and then i opened my lungage.i tried to grab it 
Suddenly it dropped on the floor. I was so ashamed of it, I grabbed it quickly .
I hide it under my shirt quickly , i got blushed

At least a girl has noticed and she seems surprised.

I came back to the restroom and I changed myself .
It was very wet , I was lucky there were no leaks ...

I returned to my seat and I noticed the girl who caught me a few minutes ago was staring at me. I was still ashamed.

It was still the night and there was more than 6 hours of flight.

I watched movies on the IFE and I decided to walk to the bottom of the aircraft for walking a bit and to drink a few beverages on the aircraft trolley .
When I started to fill a glass of coca-cola . I Saw the girl who caught me. She smiled at me. She might be 24 .She took the bottle and fill a glass too.
Then she told me " you shouldn't drink too much" . I laughed nervously and I blushed.
we talked a bit about our travel and places to visit at destination

I went back to my seat, watched some videos for one or two hours and fews minutes later I slept again .
I slept for at least 4 hours ,more than the previous one . 
When I woke up that time , I immediately realized that I had filled up my pullups. I look down and I saw a huge leak...
i wanted to return to restrooms but i wasn't allowed to walk because the warning light "remain seatted" was on due to turbulences.
that situation was very stressful , I put a blanket on my hips , to hide the leak and i waited.
The sun was starting to rise

... to be continued

Edited by Aybeed (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...