Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Unusual bathroom sign

@DesperateToes

"pink used to be the guy color and blue the girl color"

Yes that was true until like the 1940s or something like that I think which is why a lot of guys who are phobic about pink would be shocked to learn that pink was used to be seen as a more masculine color and blue was seen to be as a more passive feminine color. If they ever watch an old movie or look at old photographs they would probably be rather shocked!

But yes the door still say ladies and gents on it as well as letting you know if it's bacon or occupied. The glowing lights around it were probably just meant to be decorative, and a person first approaching them wouldn't necessarily think that they were indicating which bathroom they should use. When in doubt I say always look at the door itself! Of course sometimes make even that confusing!

@Jekkil

"Ahhh...not being an English native speaker I was wondering if bacon was an English saying for a free toilet"

Nope, just a speech recognition software error, I've never heard anyone referring to an empty toilet as bacon LOL. When I first saw that comment above I was wondering what it was referring to when I read my response back and realized it was just a speech recognition error. I try to catch them as they are appearing on the screen but sometimes I do miss them if I am writing and posting in a rush. Frequent other speech recognition errors that might come up here is that sometimes peeing becomes being and wetting becomes wedding.

7 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@Jekkil

"Ahhh...not being an English native speaker I was wondering if bacon was an English saying for a free toilet"

Nope, just a speech recognition software error, I've never heard anyone referring to an empty toilet as bacon LOL. When I first saw that comment above I was wondering what it was referring to when I read my response back and realized it was just a speech recognition error. I try to catch them as they are appearing on the screen but sometimes I do miss them if I am writing and posting in a rush. Frequent other speech recognition errors that might come up here is that sometimes peeing becomes being and wetting becomes wedding.

Those are some nice errors:)

I like wedding myself...or...I love being myself 😄

3 hours ago, googlism2008 said:

On the other hand, I had been confused by signs that look like this, only to find that its not a place to find relief. I have also seen other men getting similarly confused, but had not been able to observe how desperate these people were.

lift.png

Ok now I'm confused, to me that sign would be saying upstairs for the men's room and down stairs for the ladies.

5 hours ago, Aaron said:

My wife boarded a lift at Tottenham Court Road underground station this year, only to find the someone had relieved themselves in it.

She wasn't too impressed.

Once I boarded not one, but two, lifts at Spadina station in Toronto that were flooded with urine. I had luggage with me and I was heading to the airport to fly halfway around the world. I was similarly very unimpressed.

18 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Ok now I'm confused, to me that sign would be saying upstairs for the men's room and down stairs for the ladies.

@TheLoneRanger The image that I posted is indeed an sign for the lift/elevator. Why must the designers make it look like a sign for the toilet/bathroom, I have no idea.

• 3 months later...
Guest Simpfan4
On 9/17/2022 at 3:35 PM, DesperateJill said:

@DesperateToes

"pink used to be the guy color and blue the girl color"

Yes that was true until like the 1940s or something like that I think which is why a lot of guys who are phobic about pink would be shocked to learn that pink was used to be seen as a more masculine color and blue was seen to be as a more passive feminine color. If they ever watch an old movie or look at old photographs they would probably be rather shocked!

But yes the door still say ladies and gents on it as well as letting you know if it's bacon or occupied. The glowing lights around it were probably just meant to be decorative, and a person first approaching them wouldn't necessarily think that they were indicating which bathroom they should use. When in doubt I say always look at the door itself! Of course sometimes make even that confusing!

One bar I've played pool at was geared towards hunters. It named the designated rooms: "Pointers" and "Setters". 

Guest Simpfan4
5 minutes ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

May I... ask which is which?

Decades before the public discussion of Transpeople, a Pointer was assumed to be a standing male, and a Setter a sitting female. I haven't been there in years, so I wonder if they have changed that. 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:08 PM, TheLoneRanger said:

This is the RED team bathroom vs the BLU team bathroom.