Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Why do some European cities have street urinals but nothing for women?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gray ones, can't use them. Green ones, I think I'd rather hold it and risk doing it in my pants 😮

What could she do? Pull her pants up and end up peeing in them like in Lovewetting videos? In real world people usually don't do that. They just swallow their shame and finish peeing.

At music festivals in Europe, there are often men's urinals next to the toilets. It is very strange to piss next to women in line waiting for their turn. Sometimes there are many women in the queue an

Posted Images

On 9/7/2022 at 9:18 PM, ola93 said:

If you don't provide enough toilets for men they find a place to go anyway and pee against a wall or something that it could possibly damage and where the smell will cause neighbors to complain while women will just hold it. Public urinals weren't introduced as a convenience for men, but to stop complaints about the whole city being used as a urinal

It really is dumb that for so much stuff, making things better for women is just kind of a good thing to do for others, while making things better for men is often to prevent something bad from occurring.  It's like men blackmail society.

On 9/11/2022 at 12:07 PM, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"Actually I was a festival once and men ignored the side urinal and peed right on top of the toilet seat. Saw it first hand as the door opened and believe me he was doing it oruposefully I think becuase he was moving his penis all around (or super desperate and enjoying the relief) without knowledge the door was never locked.  I was next and didn’t care since I can pee standing but behind me Were women too."

In the words of Stephanie Tanner "How Rude!"

"do you woman dread porta potties and would rather hold it for like an extra hour or two for a real bathroom even if either way you hover? Do porta potties ussually have toilet paper?"

I really can't say as I really don't have any experience with porta potties. I feel like I probably used one when I was really young at some point but the fact that I can't really even remember any details probably shows that it was a pretty long time ago, because I'm a person who tends to remember details with anything related to bathrooms! But I don't really go to many outdoor events that would have porta potties.

Regarding the “rude” guy, how do you think the girls in line would react when they see it, would it be jealously or anger? I am curious how girl used the porta potty as I think many didn’t have toilet paper after a while? 

lol you know what’s worst is that guys also had a bank of fenced off urinals  at this same block party with no lines that was kind of like street urinals but with more privacy as it was all fenced off so no one can see you using it  but many guys still waited in line for the porta potty and added to poor girls wait time. I wonder how girls felt about these urinals without lines and guys were still using the limited porta potty

@Angusburger

"Regarding the “rude” guy, how do you think the girls in line would react when they see it, would it be jealously or anger? I am curious how girl used the porta potty as I think many didn’t have toilet paper after a while?"

I can't speak for everybody but if the guy was intentionally peeing all over the seat like a jerk I would be kind of angry at him and I think that I speak for the majority when I say that.

"lol you know what’s worst is that guys also had a bank of fenced off urinals  at this same block party with no lines that was kind of like street urinals but with more privacy as it was all fenced off so no one can see you using it  but many guys still waited in line for the porta potty and added to poor girls wait time. I wonder how girls felt about these urinals without lines and guys were still using the limited porta potty"

I just kind of assumed that the guys waiting for the porta potty either want more privacy or they have to take a shit.

You know... I have to be honest, a part of me wants to suggest that instead of trying to teach women to pee standing up, we should teach men to pee sitting down. Of course, that's not actually a suggestion I'd feel comfortable seriously arguing for, because i'd argue that some people having accommodations is better than nobody having accommodations, especially since bathroom access is a sanitary/public health issue, but that part of me still exist and i'm not really sure how to reconcile that. (I absolutely think we should be teaching men to wipe their dicks after they pee, and i will defend such a position even if it means putting toilet paper besides all the urinals)

In a way, it kind of reminds me of those fics of places where men are provided urinal after urinal after urinal but women are expected to hold it until they get home and aren't even given stalls to pee in. One of those had a lady in that fic argue that womens' restrooms are a public health issue and they need to be kept clean by the city, but I had always figured the health problems caused by half the population holding their pee for upwards of twelve hours at a time would have put more of a financial burden on the city than would be relieved by only having to maintain half as many restrooms. 

@Lapis Lazuli

"You know... I have to be honest, a part of me wants to suggest that instead of trying to teach women to pee standing up, we should teach men to pee sitting down. Of course, that's not actually a suggestion I'd feel comfortable seriously arguing for, because i'd argue that some people having accommodations is better than nobody having accommodations, especially since bathroom access is a sanitary/public health issue, but that part of me still exist and i'm not really sure how to reconcile that. (I absolutely think we should be teaching men to wipe their dicks after they pee, and i will defend such a position even if it means putting toilet paper besides all the urinals)"

That sort of my attitude as well, if you can accommodate some and not everybody it's unfair but I suppose it's better than nothing. But I heard that there actually was a campaign in places like Sweden and Germany to get men to sit down peeing but I don't think it went over well, especially when you consider the fact that how would you even go about enforcing something like that? You would need some kind of weird bathroom Gestapo or video cameras in the bathroom which I don't think would go over well at all!

"In a way, it kind of reminds me of those fics of places where men are provided urinal after urinal after urinal but women are expected to hold it until they get home and aren't even given stalls to pee in. One of those had a lady in that fic argue that womens' restrooms are a public health issue and they need to be kept clean by the city, but I had always figured the health problems caused by half the population holding their pee for upwards of twelve hours at a time would have put more of a financial burden on the city than would be relieved by only having to maintain half as many restrooms."

Again that's why I think these urinals come into place. Nobody really cares about the fact that women might be having to hold their pee basically all day and don't want to pay for bathrooms to provide for them. Urinals are fairly cost-effective and they solve the problems of people not hygienically urinating in the street. There's no real financial incentive to provide women with bathrooms so we get stuck holding.

5 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@Lapis Lazuli

"You know... I have to be honest, a part of me wants to suggest that instead of trying to teach women to pee standing up, we should teach men to pee sitting down. Of course, that's not actually a suggestion I'd feel comfortable seriously arguing for, because i'd argue that some people having accommodations is better than nobody having accommodations, especially since bathroom access is a sanitary/public health issue, but that part of me still exist and i'm not really sure how to reconcile that. (I absolutely think we should be teaching men to wipe their dicks after they pee, and i will defend such a position even if it means putting toilet paper besides all the urinals)"

That sort of my attitude as well, if you can accommodate some and not everybody it's unfair but I suppose it's better than nothing. But I heard that there actually was a campaign in places like Sweden and Germany to get men to sit down peeing but I don't think it went over well, especially when you consider the fact that how would you even go about enforcing something like that? You would need some kind of weird bathroom Gestapo or video cameras in the bathroom which I don't think would go over well at all!

"In a way, it kind of reminds me of those fics of places where men are provided urinal after urinal after urinal but women are expected to hold it until they get home and aren't even given stalls to pee in. One of those had a lady in that fic argue that womens' restrooms are a public health issue and they need to be kept clean by the city, but I had always figured the health problems caused by half the population holding their pee for upwards of twelve hours at a time would have put more of a financial burden on the city than would be relieved by only having to maintain half as many restrooms."

Again that's why I think these urinals come into place. Nobody really cares about the fact that women might be having to hold their pee basically all day and don't want to pay for bathrooms to provide for them. Urinals are fairly cost-effective and they solve the problems of people not hygienically urinating in the street. There's no real financial incentive to provide women with bathrooms so we get stuck holding.

As a man, I wouldn't mind being forced to sit down to pee haha, if they gave men a "mega bathroom" with many stalls I'd actually enjoy the extra privacy.

Some places are like that already right now, mixed bathrooms they make in liberal areas have different varieties - some are mega bathrooms with like 20 or 30 stalls with no urinals, I actually love the privacy of these even if it was odd at first that any gender could use them.

But there were also mixed bathrooms with both urinals and stalls - some had smart designs like putting the urinals in an enclosed area to the corner and others had weird designs where the mixed bathroom had urinals right in front of the stalls, those were sad because it was mostly men peeing in urinals except we were peeing directly in front of desperate women waiting to use the stalls and there was barely any space. That was a situation that really made me "check my privilege" if that's the right phrase lol.

I definitely support more toilet access for women, but sadly there's just no way to have women use urinals, hopefully they keep increasing stalls for women in the future. They should just make some unisex portapotties or enclosed spaces on the streets too. I always laugh at one old story I tell, where a female construction worker was alone and had to pee, but a storm knocked over the only portapotty around so she squatted and peed right all over my lawn lol!

@John

"As a man, I wouldn't mind being forced to sit down to pee haha, if they gave men a "mega bathroom" with many stalls I'd actually enjoy the extra privacy."

True but I remember that there were lots of people in Germany and Sweden who thought that it was feminism gone insane. I mean personally I don't really care how a person pees as long as they don't pee all over the seat. But I know that some men feel it emasculating to have to sit down, but if you are that insecure about your masculinity you have deeper issues I would say.

"Some places are like that already right now, mixed bathrooms they make in liberal areas have different varieties - some are mega bathrooms with like 20 or 30 stalls with no urinals, I actually love the privacy of these even if it was odd at first that any gender could use them."

Honestly I think that that's the way to go and I think that in liberal areas it would go over fairly well. The more conservative regions I know that there are still a lot of trans phobia promoted by the nonexistent totally made up threat of the idea of trans people in bathrooms being sexual predators, or the idea that if men and women use the bathroom together there just naturally going to be having sex like maniacs. Again none of these are having any basis in reality but that's the way people's minds work.

To me it still seems weird that bathrooms are actually segregated by gender because I mean a toilet is a toilet and I always say jokingly that day unisex bathrooms are definitely a slippery slope, next thing you know we will have them in our own homes! But a stall that can be used for both things by everybody of any gender or identity seems like it makes the most logical sense, but again we don't really live in a world that is driven by logic unfortunately.

"But there were also mixed bathrooms with both urinals and stalls - some had smart designs like putting the urinals in an enclosed area to the corner and others had weird designs where the mixed bathroom had urinals right in front of the stalls, those were sad because it was mostly men peeing in urinals except we were peeing directly in front of desperate women waiting to use the stalls and there was barely any space. That was a situation that really made me "check my privilege" if that's the right phrase lol."

I can kind of understand the logic of it even though it's poorly planned. I think one of the reasons why you can fit so many urinals in the men's room is because often they are a cross from stalls. Where in the women's room you will just have stalls and applause from them will be a wall, but in the men's room you can put urinals on that wall without taking up all that much more space which is how men are able to pee so quickly. Having a urinal against the wall doesn't take up that much space the way a stall would so you wouldn't have it ladies room with stalls across from one another wall-to-wall like that, or at least not in most places.

But yes if they are going to have urinals it makes sense to enclose them in a certain area as I think having open urinals like that in a mixed sex environment is just going to be really awkward. First you will have the men who are pee shy becoming even more pee shy with women being able to see them urinating in the open, and secondly yes if you are desperate to pee and waiting for a stall you don't want men standing behind you inches away peeing loudly and to the urinal as that is just maddening. I can see how it would appeal to bisexual or heterosexual women who might want to sneak a peek but that of course would be rude.

"I definitely support more toilet access for women, but sadly there's just no way to have women use urinals, hopefully they keep increasing stalls for women in the future. They should just make some unisex portapotties or enclosed spaces on the streets too. I always laugh at one old story I tell, where a female construction worker was alone and had to pee, but a storm knocked over the only portapotty around so she squatted and peed right all over my lawn lol!"

Honestly I think that providing a porta potty would be fairly easy. Porta potties aren't the best thing but they are better than nothing for sure, but you certainly wouldn't want to be in one of them when it gets knocked over! I remember that they had something like that in the Jackass movies where they had a guy in a porta potty and then they turned it over and he came out covered in shit.

On 9/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, Lapis Lazuli said:

You know... I have to be honest, a part of me wants to suggest that instead of trying to teach women to pee standing up, we should teach men to pee sitting down. Of course, that's not actually a suggestion I'd feel comfortable seriously arguing for, because i'd argue that some people having accommodations is better than nobody having accommodations, especially since bathroom access is a sanitary/public health issue, but that part of me still exist and i'm not really sure how to reconcile that. (I absolutely think we should be teaching men to wipe their dicks after they pee, and i will defend such a position even if it means putting toilet paper besides all the urinals)

In a way, it kind of reminds me of those fics of places where men are provided urinal after urinal after urinal but women are expected to hold it until they get home and aren't even given stalls to pee in. One of those had a lady in that fic argue that womens' restrooms are a public health issue and they need to be kept clean by the city, but I had always figured the health problems caused by half the population holding their pee for upwards of twelve hours at a time would have put more of a financial burden on the city than would be relieved by only having to maintain half as many restrooms. 

Why not both.

On 9/9/2022 at 6:19 PM, Angusburger said:

Are Dutch girls jealous in general about men get to go/use street urinal! would they rather have their male counterparts hold it to until they go or not use the street urinal?

I wonder if men would have gotten a fine for peeing outside 

I live in Amsterdam, and regularly witness  women squatting between parked cars on slightly less busy side streets taking care of their business after nights out… they never seem to even care as I walk by… 

2 hours ago, soakingboy said:

I live in Amsterdam, and regularly witness  women squatting between parked cars on slightly less busy side streets taking care of their business after nights out… they never seem to even care as I walk by… 

What could she do? Pull her pants up and end up peeing in them like in Lovewetting videos? In real world people usually don't do that. They just swallow their shame and finish peeing.

On 9/15/2022 at 12:28 PM, DesperateJill said:

@John

"As a man, I wouldn't mind being forced to sit down to pee haha, if they gave men a "mega bathroom" with many stalls I'd actually enjoy the extra privacy."

True but I remember that there were lots of people in Germany and Sweden who thought that it was feminism gone insane. I mean personally I don't really care how a person pees as long as they don't pee all over the seat. But I know that some men feel it emasculating to have to sit down, but if you are that insecure about your masculinity you have deeper issues I would say.

"Some places are like that already right now, mixed bathrooms they make in liberal areas have different varieties - some are mega bathrooms with like 20 or 30 stalls with no urinals, I actually love the privacy of these even if it was odd at first that any gender could use them."

Honestly I think that that's the way to go and I think that in liberal areas it would go over fairly well. The more conservative regions I know that there are still a lot of trans phobia promoted by the nonexistent totally made up threat of the idea of trans people in bathrooms being sexual predators, or the idea that if men and women use the bathroom together there just naturally going to be having sex like maniacs. Again none of these are having any basis in reality but that's the way people's minds work.

To me it still seems weird that bathrooms are actually segregated by gender because I mean a toilet is a toilet and I always say jokingly that day unisex bathrooms are definitely a slippery slope, next thing you know we will have them in our own homes! But a stall that can be used for both things by everybody of any gender or identity seems like it makes the most logical sense, but again we don't really live in a world that is driven by logic unfortunately.

"But there were also mixed bathrooms with both urinals and stalls - some had smart designs like putting the urinals in an enclosed area to the corner and others had weird designs where the mixed bathroom had urinals right in front of the stalls, those were sad because it was mostly men peeing in urinals except we were peeing directly in front of desperate women waiting to use the stalls and there was barely any space. That was a situation that really made me "check my privilege" if that's the right phrase lol."

I can kind of understand the logic of it even though it's poorly planned. I think one of the reasons why you can fit so many urinals in the men's room is because often they are a cross from stalls. Where in the women's room you will just have stalls and applause from them will be a wall, but in the men's room you can put urinals on that wall without taking up all that much more space which is how men are able to pee so quickly. Having a urinal against the wall doesn't take up that much space the way a stall would so you wouldn't have it ladies room with stalls across from one another wall-to-wall like that, or at least not in most places.

But yes if they are going to have urinals it makes sense to enclose them in a certain area as I think having open urinals like that in a mixed sex environment is just going to be really awkward. First you will have the men who are pee shy becoming even more pee shy with women being able to see them urinating in the open, and secondly yes if you are desperate to pee and waiting for a stall you don't want men standing behind you inches away peeing loudly and to the urinal as that is just maddening. I can see how it would appeal to bisexual or heterosexual women who might want to sneak a peek but that of course would be rude.

"I definitely support more toilet access for women, but sadly there's just no way to have women use urinals, hopefully they keep increasing stalls for women in the future. They should just make some unisex portapotties or enclosed spaces on the streets too. I always laugh at one old story I tell, where a female construction worker was alone and had to pee, but a storm knocked over the only portapotty around so she squatted and peed right all over my lawn lol!"

Honestly I think that providing a porta potty would be fairly easy. Porta potties aren't the best thing but they are better than nothing for sure, but you certainly wouldn't want to be in one of them when it gets knocked over! I remember that they had something like that in the Jackass movies where they had a guy in a porta potty and then they turned it over and he came out covered in shit.

But if you share bathroom I think guys will pee on seats or on the floor with bad aim as it’s not like we guys will sit down outside. Wouldn’t that make it harder for girls to use? I know girls in college didn’t like the library unisex bathroom for this reason and would rather go to another bathroom further away for girls only, and that’s true often guys peed on the floor and on the seats 

I don’t think guys would be happy to wait in line as many guys often comment how long the women’s line is and how we have no lines 

@Angusburger

"But if you share bathroom I think guys will pee on seats or on the floor with bad aim as it’s not like we guys will sit down outside. Wouldn’t that make it harder for girls to use? I know girls in college didn’t like the library unisex bathroom for this reason and would rather go to another bathroom further away for girls only, and that’s true often guys peed on the floor and on the seats"

True but there're lots of women who also hover above the women's toilets and splash it with urine as well. But what it comes down to is that most people are just not considerate of other people who have to use the bathroom after them. A delicious form of karma would be if somebody peed all over the toilet seat and then later sat in it forgetting that that was the toilet seat that they peed all over!

"I don’t think guys would be happy to wait in line as many guys often comment how long the women’s line is and how we have no lines"

I think that's one of the main reasons we don't see more progress on this issue. In a couple of cases where they have tried giving women more toilets by turning men's toilets into women's or creating unisex from the men have to wait the men get outraged, which once again goes back to my other thread about women being more patient about waiting for the bathroom.

34 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"But if you share bathroom I think guys will pee on seats or on the floor with bad aim as it’s not like we guys will sit down outside. Wouldn’t that make it harder for girls to use? I know girls in college didn’t like the library unisex bathroom for this reason and would rather go to another bathroom further away for girls only, and that’s true often guys peed on the floor and on the seats"

True but there're lots of women who also hover above the women's toilets and splash it with urine as well. But what it comes down to is that most people are just not considerate of other people who have to use the bathroom after them. A delicious form of karma would be if somebody peed all over the toilet seat and then later sat in it forgetting that that was the toilet seat that they peed all over!

"I don’t think guys would be happy to wait in line as many guys often comment how long the women’s line is and how we have no lines"

I think that's one of the main reasons we don't see more progress on this issue. In a couple of cases where they have tried giving women more toilets by turning men's toilets into women's or creating unisex from the men have to wait the men get outraged, which once again goes back to my other thread about women being more patient about waiting for the bathroom.

It can be painful for guys to hold it in line when desperate. Painful as in its hard to stay still but society expects men to be stoic and it’s more embarrassing for a guy to be desperate than women. Also, guys are expected to be quiet about their needs too than complaining about needing to pee bad

yeaterday I was desperate on the subway and I wanted  to cross my leg so bad and shake and dance a bit but it was too embarrassing that it did not feel comfortable  and quite anxiety inducing I may leak even though I was not in pain. Why was I holding it? Well there was a line for a single user bathroom at a coffee store and I didn’t have time to wait to I took the subway. I guess I learned what it felt like to be a girl but iT was harder in that it’s less socially acceptable for guys to show they are desperate. Put me in the “moodL afterwards though 

@Angusburger

"It can be painful for guys to hold it in line when desperate. Painful as in its hard to stay still but society expects men to be stoic and it’s more embarrassing for a guy to be desperate than women. Also, guys are expected to be quiet about their needs too than complaining about needing to pee bad"

Except the differences I think when a man complains that he tends to get what he wants more often than a woman. When a woman has to go to the bathroom and it's just not possible frequently the answer is we'll get to it later, which is actually the title of an omorashi novel that I have yet to get around to publishing!

"yeaterday I was desperate on the subway and I wanted  to cross my leg so bad and shake and dance a bit but it was too embarrassing that it did not feel comfortable  and quite anxiety inducing I may leak even though I was not in pain. Why was I holding it? Well there was a line for a single user bathroom at a coffee store and I didn’t have time to wait to I took the subway. I guess I learned what it felt like to be a girl but iT was harder in that it’s less socially acceptable for guys to show they are desperate. Put me in the “moodL afterwards though"

That's a conflict for a person with this fetish, even if it's an unwanted inconvenient or embarrassing desperate situation that you want to get out of it still probably going to put you in a fetish mood one way or another!

6 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"It can be painful for guys to hold it in line when desperate. Painful as in its hard to stay still but society expects men to be stoic and it’s more embarrassing for a guy to be desperate than women. Also, guys are expected to be quiet about their needs too than complaining about needing to pee bad"

Except the differences I think when a man complains that he tends to get what he wants more often than a woman. When a woman has to go to the bathroom and it's just not possible frequently the answer is we'll get to it later, which is actually the title of an omorashi novel that I have yet to get around to publishing!

"yeaterday I was desperate on the subway and I wanted  to cross my leg so bad and shake and dance a bit but it was too embarrassing that it did not feel comfortable  and quite anxiety inducing I may leak even though I was not in pain. Why was I holding it? Well there was a line for a single user bathroom at a coffee store and I didn’t have time to wait to I took the subway. I guess I learned what it felt like to be a girl but iT was harder in that it’s less socially acceptable for guys to show they are desperate. Put me in the “moodL afterwards though"

That's a conflict for a person with this fetish, even if it's an unwanted inconvenient or embarrassing desperate situation that you want to get out of it still probably going to put you in a fetish mood one way or another!

I feel like it’s more socially acceptable though for girls to say and complain they are desperate than guys that are expected to be stoic. I also noticed sometimes women are more likely to have their needs listened to when they say they have to pee and people find or allow her to use the bathroom. Case in point once at a cafe during covid when bathrooms were closed because it was take out only a guy asked to use the bathroom and was told no. 10minss later a collage aged girl asks if she can pee  and she was allowed to use it and given an exception. Same with school trips . A boy complained for an hour he had to pee but was told to hold it on a bus but a girl that never complained till the end had tears and said she had to pee and they made an exception to let her use the bathroom on the bus. The guy had to hold it till we got to the next stop

@Angusburger

"I feel like it’s more socially acceptable though for girls to say and complain they are desperate than guys that are expected to be stoic. I also noticed sometimes women are more likely to have their needs listened to when they say they have to pee and people find or allow her to use the bathroom. Case in point once at a cafe during covid when bathrooms were closed because it was take out only a guy asked to use the bathroom and was told no. 10minss later a collage aged girl asks if she can pee  and she was allowed to use it and given an exception. Same with school trips . A boy complained for an hour he had to pee but was told to hold it on a bus but a girl that never complained till the end had tears and said she had to pee and they made an exception to let her use the bathroom on the bus. The guy had to hold it till we got to the next stop"

In my school it was mostly the girls class to go to the bathroom and were mostly told no but that was usually within class itself, and again in my high school they closed a lot of the girls bathroom so that was probably why more girls were asking to go to the bathroom but still being denied.

On school trips there was no bathrooms on the bus so there wasn't much that could be done at that situation and it was the girls usually weren't able to go during those brief stops that we had between.

My observation has been it seems that women in a group are more likely to be made to hold it collectively speaking. But then I have only been on a few group situations like that even though most of them were rather memorable for that very reason!

22 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"I feel like it’s more socially acceptable though for girls to say and complain they are desperate than guys that are expected to be stoic. I also noticed sometimes women are more likely to have their needs listened to when they say they have to pee and people find or allow her to use the bathroom. Case in point once at a cafe during covid when bathrooms were closed because it was take out only a guy asked to use the bathroom and was told no. 10minss later a collage aged girl asks if she can pee  and she was allowed to use it and given an exception. Same with school trips . A boy complained for an hour he had to pee but was told to hold it on a bus but a girl that never complained till the end had tears and said she had to pee and they made an exception to let her use the bathroom on the bus. The guy had to hold it till we got to the next stop"

In my school it was mostly the girls class to go to the bathroom and were mostly told no but that was usually within class itself, and again in my high school they closed a lot of the girls bathroom so that was probably why more girls were asking to go to the bathroom but still being denied.

On school trips there was no bathrooms on the bus so there wasn't much that could be done at that situation and it was the girls usually weren't able to go during those brief stops that we had between.

My observation has been it seems that women in a group are more likely to be made to hold it collectively speaking. But then I have only been on a few group situations like that even though most of them were rather memorable for that very reason!

Really? I feel like even if women are made to hold it it’s more acceptable for women to complain and show some desperation sign like knee crossings etc than if it was a guy

dis guys go in the bush for the school trips without bathroom or did they hold it? Did girls complain or do you recall any desperation?

On 9/15/2022 at 6:14 AM, DesperateJill said:

@Lapis Lazuli

This seems like a catch 22 situation where because women can’t easily pee outside like men they won’t be helped. Then women just end up holding it more. That seems unfair this logic as to why street urinals are provided and nothing for women

do you think women are better at holding in their pee to compensate 

@Angusburger

"Really? I feel like even if women are made to hold it it’s more acceptable for women to complain and show some desperation sign like knee crossings etc than if it was a guy"

Even if it's more socially acceptable for a woman to show desperation that doesn't mean that she's going to necessarily get to the bathroom anytime soon or if there is not available or if it's not convenient.

"dis guys go in the bush for the school trips without bathroom or did they hold it? Did girls complain or do you recall any desperation?"

I remember one time when a school trip that we had one bathroom break in the middle of it and all the guys were able to go but it least two thirds of the girls didn't have time to go and they just continued holding it. Another time when nonschool related trip the bus reached a rest stop that the bathrooms were locked so the guys just peed in a field.

"This seems like a catch 22 situation where because women can’t easily pee outside like men they won’t be helped. Then women just end up holding it more. That seems unfair this logic as to why street urinals are provided and nothing for women

do you think women are better at holding in their pee to compensate"

Evidence would suggest that women have a harder time holding it but women definitely do end up having to hold it more and some will eventually develop better bladders as a result of that, but I think that a majority of women will just continue to have a cavalier attitude towards the bathroom even when they know that there might not be one available. You would think that people would plan more when they know these things are likely but I have not found that to be the case.

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"Really? I feel like even if women are made to hold it it’s more acceptable for women to complain and show some desperation sign like knee crossings etc than if it was a guy"

Even if it's more socially acceptable for a woman to show desperation that doesn't mean that she's going to necessarily get to the bathroom anytime soon or if there is not available or if it's not convenient.

"dis guys go in the bush for the school trips without bathroom or did they hold it? Did girls complain or do you recall any desperation?"

I remember one time when a school trip that we had one bathroom break in the middle of it and all the guys were able to go but it least two thirds of the girls didn't have time to go and they just continued holding it. Another time when nonschool related trip the bus reached a rest stop that the bathrooms were locked so the guys just peed in a field.

"This seems like a catch 22 situation where because women can’t easily pee outside like men they won’t be helped. Then women just end up holding it more. That seems unfair this logic as to why street urinals are provided and nothing for women

do you think women are better at holding in their pee to compensate"

Evidence would suggest that women have a harder time holding it but women definitely do end up having to hold it more and some will eventually develop better bladders as a result of that, but I think that a majority of women will just continue to have a cavalier attitude towards the bathroom even when they know that there might not be one available. You would think that people would plan more when they know these things are likely but I have not found that to be the case.

And these girls just held it in without a fuss during the field trip? Did they not complain? Did guys make fun of girls for it?

@Angusburger

"And these girls just held it in without a fuss during the field trip? Did they not complain? Did guys make fun of girls for it?"

The girls who got to go to the bathroom and the guys who got to go to the bathroom were in the front of the bus and they were more chatty, whereas the most of the girls who didn't get to go to the bathroom were more towards the back of the bus and they were much quieter.

• 2 months later...
On 9/7/2022 at 8:58 PM, Angusburger said:

Isn't Europe supposed to be at the forefront of gender equality and yet they have this? Not to mention real bathrooms cost money. I wonder what women think when they grow up or live in a place like this where their peeing disadvtange is shown blatantly on a daily basis. I recently came back from Amsterdam and I still remember a site of a group of guys using the urinals while the two girls in the group just waited next to the urinals and didnt get to pee before boarding a bus! 

That scenario must happen very often - a guy and a girl or a group of guys and girls are together, they all have to pee, but the only bathroom is that outdoor public urinal, so the guys get to pee but the women have to hold it

I'd love to see that scenario in person - but I would imagine it must be really irritating to the women - their male companions get to pee but they have to keep holding it

Especially in this case - they were about to get on a bus - the guys got to pee before they got on the bus but the women didn't - and they had to watch the guys peeing right in front of them while they had to keep holding it!

@Gregory10031

"That scenario must happen very often - a guy and a girl or a group of guys and girls are together, they all have to pee, but the only bathroom is that outdoor public urinal, so the guys get to pee but the women have to hold it

I'd love to see that scenario in person - but I would imagine it must be really irritating to the women - their male companions get to pee but they have to keep holding it"

It is something I think about often as it must be a weird thing if this is normal in Europe for European women to find urinals everywhere but nothing else, it's almost like taunting them. I would probably be good-humored enough about it to maybe take a picture with a urinal but I would probably get rather annoyed if everywhere I went all they had were urinals.

"Especially in this case - they were about to get on a bus - the guys got to pee before they got on the bus but the women didn't - and they had to watch the guys peeing right in front of them while they had to keep holding it!"

The annoying thing that I also read about Europe is that they often have pay toilets that have cubicles but they have urinals for free and I actually wrote an entire story about that in my blog called Paying to Pee in Paris. https://desperatejill.livejournal.com/2018/02/20/