Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Omorashify a video game

On 9/6/2022 at 3:15 PM, BurstShrimp68 said:

I think one game that has already been covered by the watersports and perhaps omo communities is Skyrim, with the obvious source being the modding scene. But a lot of these mods employ nudity, more explicit sexual theming, or simply imply desperation and bodily functions through stat changes or modifiers rather than being a more visceral experience. But I could imagine a more “Omorashified” mod where bladder fullness would actually impact the gameplay outside of simple percentage reductions, perhaps this hypothetical omorashi mod would include not only slowed movement when desperate, but also have unique animations for how desperate your character is, maybe have an item or spell that checks your bladder fullness or items and spells that manipulate your bladder to fill or empty it. Maybe an omorashi mod could also take into account drinking potions and mead which would fill the bladder more, or the armor and clothing the player wears, with heavier armor taking longer to remove than say lighter armor or clothing, perhaps leading to even closer calls and  “Just Made It” cases, or even lead to full on accidents. The same could be applied to a messing mod but I neglected to mention this as I’m not personally into it.

Back in my Skyrim days, I modified the basic needs mods to incorporate more of an omo theme, even going so far as creating some animations and a clothing system that would show wetness if an accident occurred.  It was a lot of work, but it did make the playthrough more interesting.  Unfortunately, that was a long time ago, and all the files are long gone. The Bethesda games are easy enough to "Omorashify", due to their modding capability, but they're also annoyingly unstable and extensive modding just makes it worse.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another gameplay style I find very interesting for Omo is the Mystery Dungeon series. Getting requests from people stuck in dungeons and desperate to pee, and going to rescue them while managing the b

First thing that comes to mind is Splatoon; not a big surprise considering the game's theming. It is a game about marking more territory than the other team, after all. VA-11 Hall-A (or just "Val

God I would absolutely love a VA-11 HALL-A omo spinoff. Especially if it's like Jill behind the counter trying not to pee.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're driving at with this question.

Is it the game character or the player you want to see bouncing around and holding.

A game where the character could have been made to wet would be any of the car racing games. But particularly those involving police chases. I'm thinking NFS most wanted here.

As the police intensity increases, so too could the character's need for relief.

The only problem with the NFS games are you don't get to see the character you are playing as.

Everything is filmed in First Person. With all the videos shot talking to you the player direct to camera.

Continuing with racing games, I think that any games that feature endurance races, e.g. 24 hours of Le Mans, can get their share of omorashi pretty easily. After all, I think it's rather realistic that race drivers have to manage a lot of their needs, including the need to relieve oneself, over a course of a 2 hour shift behind the wheel.

I know that Race Driver Grid is a classic that has the Le Mans race, and Motorsports Manager has some endurance championships, so in these 2 we could get 2 different perpective on racing Omorashi. Grid and the like would feature the FPS perspective on Omorashi, trying to hold until the pit stop where your crewmate would take the car over for you so you can relieve yourself. The Manager is pretty self-explanatory, although I think for added interest you could forbid your drivers from going to the bathroom too much and manage their needs. Some omo stats could be added as well, like the bladder strength and such.

Time to pick another triple A game.
How about omorashifying Horizon Zero Dawn?

I would think of some kind of survival mode where Aloy has to eat, hydrate and everything so it makes things harder, especially when exploring dungeons. She has to stay hydrated to concentrate and be able to think about things also she needs to be in top form. She also wears clothes that can't be easily put down to take pee and there are situations where you simply just can't. You are in a need but in a middle of a fight? Well, better empty your bladder so you can fully concentrate on the fight.

Have to climb a higher mountain with small paths and much climbing? Clinging on a cliff can be much harder with sudden bladder pressure, so better release before you make a false move and fall. You are on a hunting trial and being watched if you really get your challenge done, but the urge grows more and more? Well better hold it until the trial is finished or... would be bad to wet when the hunters are watching. You have to sneak up at a dangerous monster and can't simply retreat? Well I'm sure squirming while hiding in the grass is a bad idea. Trying to take out an enimy base? You can't just go to the restroom, but also not just carelessly lower your armour to pee. What if someone finds you and you are defenseless?

In that way you could omorashify many video games that play in postapocalyptic settings or otherwise have action in it. When its about surviving and getting things done, you can't always go to a quiet place to pee. Sometimes wetting yourself is the better solution to be efficient in fights....

On the topic of Metroid, something I thought about is the in-world reason Samus has to go to Save stations all the time. In the older games, she would often prioritize going to Save stations over going to ones that refueled her munitions. However, the in-world purpose of saving is unclear to say the least. Perhaps there is a function the player is never made aware of, such as allowing Samus to dock with the station to relieve herself without removing her suit.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

I guess that's technically cheating since they're video games based on a tabletop RPG, but...

There's already rules in the game for sleeping and eating. If you don't do either, your characters gain the Fatigued status effect, then Exhausted if they continue to not eat or sleep. When your party decides to camp and rest, you're given the options to have members Hunt (earn food supplies), Cook (use food supplies to get a buff the next day), Camouflage (makes enemies less likely to attack the party while resting), Watch (character stays awake as a guard while the others sleep). Presumably this is when the characters relieve themselves.

But I feel a Bladder "HP" mechanic could fit. Each character has a Bladder value based on their Constitution score (usually measures physical resilience and is tied to normal HP and Fortitude saves), Creature Size (small creatures like halflings or gnomes have smaller bladders and thus lower Bladder HP, the opposite for large sized creatures).

Actual Pathfinder mechanic spit-balling in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Every in-game hour, your character loses X amount of Bladder HP. Less HP or less often if they're Fatigued or Exhausted due to starvation/dehydration, and more HP or more often when you have a food buff or drink a potion. When a character is below 50% of their max Bladder HP, they become Sickened (small penalties to attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks), then if it gets lower than 20% or so, they become Nauseated (unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells they've already cast, or do anything that requires full attention, and they can only make a move action on their turn).

When Bladder HP hits zero, the character makes a Fortitude save or Constitution check DC 10 (ie, roll a 20-sided die and add the character's Fortitude save bonus or Constitution bonus to the result. If the combined total is 10 or higher, they succeed). If the character beats the DC, they continue to hold on. If they fail, their bladder gives out, restoring them to full Bladder HP, but giving them a Wet Pants debuff. If they succeed, they continue to make the save/check every time they lose more Bladder HP, with a penalty to it equal to the negative Bladder HP they're at. If the character somehow manages to reach a negative Bladder HP equal to the negative of their Constitution score, their bladder literally can't hold any more and they immediately wet with no save.

Becoming Shaken, Frightened, or Panicked, getting put to Sleep, or knocked Unconscious would cause that character to roll a save/check if they're below 50%. Characters brought to negative normal hit points (Dying) automatically wet in that situation.

The Wet Pants penalty would be something along the lines of -2 to Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Wisdom-based checks (except Swim because at that point you're getting completely soaked anyway), and -8 to Charisma based checks (except Handle Animal because why would an animal care about the state of your pants?). Hard to be athletic and acrobatic when your clothes are a bit heavy with water, and that dampness is going to distract you while you try to remember things or try to search for something. The drastic Charisma skill penalty because who's going to want to listen to you when you walk up to them wearing soiled clothes? And nobody's going to be intimidated by someone who can't hold it in properly.

Party members in the game also have a sort-of "relationship" with the protagonist, where if you act in a certain way, some party members will like you more, while others will like you less (if you act Chaotic Good, your Chaotic and Good party members will like you, but the Lawful and Evil ones won't), and will eventually leave the party if you keep doing stuff they don't like. No reason why "stuff they do/don't like" couldn't include not giving them a break to relieve themselves, repeatedly allowing them to wet themselves, and forcing them to walk around in wet clothes. Other party members could also (dis)like it when your character ignores their own bodily needs and willingly walks around in soiled clothes.

On 9/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, ZirconiumPen said:

Maybe something like Touhou would work -- dodge attacks that fill the bladder and try to reach the end of the stage. Maybe an endless mode too.

Good idea, though maybe if it changed the game (like replacing the P squares). Collect squares to increase your attack power and bladder and if it gets over 4.0 you start leaking until you return to 4.0 power. If you get hit when over 4.0 power you have an accident and lose all of your power, but you don't lose a life.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:52 AM, TheLoneRanger said:

A game where the character could have been made to wet would be any of the car racing games. But particularly those involving police chases. I'm thinking NFS most wanted here.

As the police intensity increases, so too could the character's need for relief.

I feel like NFS Heat is a better game to do this on. The longer your night is the harder you need to pee. Being chased by cops increases the need to pee. 

Crash your car hard enough and you pee yourself, damaging your car even more and temporary disabling control much like what a killswitch does.

Survival and role-playing games are probably the best choices for adding pee mechanics to. Racing games have the problem of being "too real", and shooters have the problem of your character dying before needs can do it's thing

On 9/16/2022 at 2:05 AM, Ruromo said:

Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

I've actually thought a lot about omorashifying these two (mostly WotR). The corruption travel mechanic seems like it would work really well with omorashi (corruption increases whenever a character pees in a place which hasn't been sanctified rather than when they rest).

I've thought about what could be done with pee in a game like Final Fantasy V and its job system. Like, each job would get basic stat alterations and an extra skill depending on how badly they need to pee. The Dancer would get an extra "Potty Dance" that has its own effects. The Chemist could relieve themselves a little by peeing in a spare bottle, which could be mixed with other ingredients to make unique potions. The Geomancer could make the decision to just pee right on the battlefield, allowing them to cast water magic no matter the environment. A Blue Mage could learn how to pee in many other places by watching others do it, allowing them freedom outside pre-ordained bathroom spots. Even if they haven't gained that "Blue Mage pee" skill, a Mime could immediately follow if somebody else just did it. And, naturally, the ultimate final job is an Aquamancer, giving them a lot of pee-related abilities that all get stronger the more desperate they are.

On 9/6/2022 at 11:03 PM, Biku said:

I think VA-11 Hall-A does seem to have an obvious lead up to that, but the actual gameplay mechanics are the part that seem hard to pin down. So close and yet so far, y'know.

You could have a system were you drink with a customer to get them to open up more, if done right it could become a balancing act between getting them to open up enough and getting through customers and the day without wetting- same for keeping a customer there. You could also have ingrediant varients that are more diuretic than others- maybe have it play into the flavour accuracy so youre pay/rating is something you're also considering before trying to make everyone piss themselves

I like @Espor's idea; I think omorashi would work very well in any sort of open-world  game; I love the idea of just peeing anywhere. What if , for example, Breath of the Wild had a dedicated button for peeing instead of whistling? Potions would fill your 'bladder gauge' and you could play as Link or Zelda, both of whom can choose to squat or stand. It would be amazing to pee in those beautiful environments; imagine peeing off of the Great Plateau, or taking a quick bathroom break in some abandoned ruins.

Fingers crossed for Tears of the Kingdom.

On 9/6/2022 at 1:27 PM, ZirconiumPen said:

First thing that comes to mind is Splatoon; not a big surprise considering the game's theming. It is a game about marking more territory than the other team, after all.

VA-11 Hall-A (or just "Valhalla" because that's annoying to write) is a visual novel about serving drinks to people. In a bar. And chatting with them. I don't think you'd have to change much. (I've heard Coffee Talk is similar but I haven't played it)

I can imagine Papers Please (game about working at an immigration checkpoint and deciding whether to let people through) could be reformatted in some way, but again, with a setting that has pee laws. That game already has some element of time pressure, so I guess it fits.

I've been thinking about a game similar to Slay the Spire but with omo mechanics; I think it would be fun to see an omo game with some combination of roguelike + deckbuilder + turn-based card battle. Instead of health you have a bladder, and likewise for your opponents. Although, the theming in Slay the Spire has a lot of non-humanoid enemies (that I personally wouldn't be interested in seeing in an omo context), so maybe not. Something like the boss battles in One Step from Eden might work better. I've actually considered making something like this, but I haven't gotten quite good enough at development to put out something of that scale.

And scrolling through my library some more, I think a variation of Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes would be funny. For those who don't know, it's a co-op game where one player has a bomb and the other players have a bomb manual, and they have to verbally work together to successfully defuse it, all with a not-so-subtle ticking timer looming over. I'm envisioning a hilariously over-engineered bathroom lock that needs several layers of puzzles to get open, with a strict time limit.

The idea of a deck-builder roguelike with a desperation mechanic is a really appealing concept to me for some reason. You start on empty and have to reach the end of the sacred temple before you die or anger the gods by soiling the hallowed ground. 

I would especially like it if you could chose from different characters with different parameters such as bladder meter, or maybe one has a gimmicky mechanic like her attacks are stronger with a full bladder?

Something stuck in my brain is omorashified World of Warcraft questing. Any MMO could theoretically work, but for whatever reason I really like the idea of omorashi versions of the starting quest hubs you get for playing different fantasy races. If you play as a Draenei, this could mean most of the toilets got destroyed when you crash landed, so now you have to do quests to start repairing them and finding temporary solutions to the people who are desperate.

It occurs to me reading through a lot of these responses that there is a distinct difference between Omorashi-fying a video game and adding bathroom needs mechanics; for a proper Omorashi mechanic, the success and failure states could easily be reversed. While there is an appeal in "just made it" stories and experiences, for many people in this community making it to a bathroom (or safely concealed spot) would not necessarily be the "victory" that it would be for others in the community, or for that matter anyone outside of it. It would be like if there was a whole subculture who wanted to play flight simulator games specifically to crash the planes. (Then again that might actually be a thing for all I know.) Granted, because there are so many different things to get out of omo and it overlaps with a whole bunch of other stuff, that you can practically pick and choose how such a game or mini game would define victory and defeat.

That said I am fully aware that if the game or mod was too obvious about an accident not being a failure state, anyone who wasn't one of us would pick up on it fairly quick, and there would be questions. Stuff that simply adds toilet needs for verisimilitude can leave the rest to the imagination, while more explicitly deviant content would not, and could result in various forms of backlash.

Actual Game Possibilities that come to mind:

1. An Octodad style game with inherently difficult controls and a suspicion meter, with the idea that your character has to perform various tasks while concealing how badly they have to use the bathroom. How this would work specifically is open to speculation; Octodad had the framing device of the character being an octopus disguised as a human and naturally clumsy by human standards in a literal "fish out of water" sort of way. I don't know exactly how to make these types of awkward controls work for an otherwise ordinary human being, nor am I sure how the omo mechanic would actually function without resorting to quick time events to handle sudden urges, or one of those virtual plate spinning / balancing minigames where you have to keep a meter in the middle between two extremes. And of course, if you're focusing too much on the game mechanic UI then you're not seeing the actual omo stuff going on with the character, so the UI would have to be integrated into the character model via animations, posture, etc.

At the same time, you could potentially have a game where overt signs of desperation are evidence of progress and skill, because your character is still dry and holding, regardless of any potential virtual humiliation and ridicule that might result from other characters seeing it. Again, I can't think of anything that would work besides quick time events, but at least a success would result in an appealing animation of crotch holding, dancing in place, crotch holding, bending over, leg crossing, etc.

2. If we assume that a bladder / toilet meter mechanic is incorporated into a game with survival needs like food and water and sleep, then there could also be a mechanic interference system of sorts. The simplest way is a modifier: In the zombie survival sim 7 Days To Die, each character has a food and water meter, and running out of food or water messes with health and stamina regeneration, and in severe cases causes health loss, as one would expect. These meters are impacted by temperature, with water running out faster in hot areas like the desert, and food being burned faster in the cold snow biome. Any sort of toilet meter could be made to fill (empty??) faster in the rain, after drinking certain beverages like tea and coffee, or when near / in a large body of water. It's worth noting that the game already has a Dysentery status effect from eating bad food or drinking unfiltered water, which causes you to dehydrate VERY fast and all the health hazards that come with it, but there's no other drawback - again, we're running into the "how do different kinds of players define a success or failure state" thing. Some voice lines from the traders mention "apocalypse hygiene" but these are randomly chosen, and there could easily be an actual mechanic where a trader won't do business with somebody who obviously did their business without taking off their clothes first, as well as an increase in the Zombie Heat Map that attracts them based on scent. (Presumably the need is managed with various kinds of toilets, though finding a working one in the post apocalypse is a quest in and of itself. Likewise there would need to be a recipe for soap to clean both the player and their clothing / armor.)

The other way to handle omo stuff with a bladder / toilet meter would be to interfere with the UI display itself. This could work for alcohol or drug use, panic / fear effects, and certain forms of incontinence. I distinctly remember when playing the Perpetual Change RPG, on the day when Eclair was running around the island by herself and kept having to race to the toilet to pee or change herself, that there was a moment of enlightenment: "This would be a lot easier if there was a bladder gauge to tell me how long I had before- oh, of course." Not being able to tell if she was about to get the urge meant that either she had to stay close to a toilet at all times, moving between known available bathrooms like mountain climbers moving between base camps, or embrace the use of diapers to allow her to go handle side quests, exploration, and plot advancement in large chunks. (Ironically the exact dichotomy the character was faced with in the game.) This still relies on wetting / messing being a failure state to be avoided, but I think it might add an element of chance and uncertainty in a game system that a bladder meter would make too simple and predictable.

3. A third possibility would be a quick and dirty timer mechanic. I know several people in this community have already made such games, and there are others out there, with some actions costing time and others adding it. I would personally like seeing such a mechanic added to stealth games, in fact; I tend to spend a long time casing areas and memorizing guard patterns before I make a move, and a character that not only can't sit around long enough to get all that information but can't sit still period would be a lot of fun to play. This could overlap with various other genres but any setting would work, from a Thief series medieval fantasy setting to a steampunk / gaslamp noir metropolis like Dishonoured, or a modern urban center like VtM: Bloodlines. (Technically not a stealth game but you get better rewards for using stealthy approaches so it still counts.) So that would be my vote for the actual question that started this thread; something like Thief or Dishonoured where your character has to get the mission done so they can pee, but can't pee during without revealing their presence to guards / law enforcement. Maybe throw in some sort of quick time mechanic or button mashing to keep from leaking and leaving puddles that the guards notice while patrolling. Sadly diapers would not work because of the noise factor.

4. Finally, we can flip the script (and table) entirely with Raising / Management Sims. A character that we are nominally in charge of (or projecting onto) is in a scenario where their behavior and habits are being modified, and those habits could include those related to using the bathroom. I am specifically thinking of a framing device where the player is a member of some company / government agency testing mind control technology, and the challenge is to balance changing the personality (everything from favorite foods to ways of speaking to fetishes) by a certain time limit (perhaps project funding gets cut without proof of results) while also not being so obvious that the target (and target's social circle) realize something is going on. Obviously this game would have Dubcon / Noncon warnings out the ying yang, but there are already hypnosis themed dating sims so it's not that big of a jump.

...wow. I did not expect this post to go on so long.

2 hours ago, DrBorderline said:

It occurs to me reading through a lot of these responses that there is a distinct difference between Omorashi-fying a video game and adding bathroom needs mechanics; for a proper Omorashi mechanic, the success and failure states could easily be reversed. While there is an appeal in "just made it" stories and experiences, for many people in this community making it to a bathroom (or safely concealed spot) would not necessarily be the "victory" that it would be for others in the community, or for that matter anyone outside of it. It would be like if there was a whole subculture who wanted to play flight simulator games specifically to crash the planes. (Then again that might actually be a thing for all I know.) Granted, because there are so many different things to get out of omo and it overlaps with a whole bunch of other stuff, that you can practically pick and choose how such a game or mini game would define victory and defeat.

A way to get both at the same time is by using risk/reward mechanics. If there are big potential rewards in cutting it close, wetting can both be varying degrees of "fail state" while also being an expected part of skilled play. A roguelike/mystery dungeon style game would work really well for this, though you could probably fit this kind of design into any type of game.

Open-ended or sandboxy design could also more or less accomplish this as you note, though it is more limited to genre. A prison architect-like game where you had to manage the bathrooms in a building could definitely exist. You can also add risk/reward mechanics on top of that kind of design. For example, wettings might lead to lost funds, but there might be a black market for voyeur type stuff which rewards skirting along the edge. (And yeah, obviously would need a noncon warning as you say.)

12 hours ago, DrBorderline said:

1. An Octodad style game with inherently difficult controls and a suspicion meter, with the idea that your character has to perform various tasks while concealing how badly they have to use the bathroom.

I'm now picturing a QWOP-style game to get to the bathroom which would be funny

9 hours ago, DerivativeWings said:

A way to get both at the same time is by using risk/reward mechanics. If there are big potential rewards in cutting it close, wetting can both be varying degrees of "fail state" while also being an expected part of skilled play.

I love the idea of characters getting more powerful as their bladders fill - it adds to that risk/reward sense.

One of the issues I have with many omo games (and lewd games in general) is that it's sometimes just a normal game, but you get to see some content if you game-over. In my opinion, these games don't benefit from being games (they would be more appealing as image sets, comics, or prose). Often it's this weird situation where the gamestate the player is supposed to avoid (failure) is the only way to see what they came for (wetting, etc). I think it mainly arises from a conflict between what the player wants to see and what the characters' goals are.

Three ways I've thought of to resolve this:

1) Omorashi is a prevalent mechanic but has little gameplay bearing. NoMaKo and Mojique (both RPGs) both do this well in my opinion. There are fleshed-out mechanics for hydration and filling, but wettings don't lead to game over and aren't any source of serious detriment. Add in a party of multiple characters with separate meters and some omo cutscenes and you're in for some fun.

2) Sandbox-type game with a bunch of people running around and you manage the facilities. I've already mentioned something like this, but I haven't quite found something like it. I'm envisioning a mix of Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon that's more... specialized.

9 hours ago, DerivativeWings said:

A prison architect-like game where you had to manage the bathrooms in a building could definitely exist.

Would love to see it!

3) The main character is a pervert / self-insert / doesn't exist. These are games where the focus is on getting a certain target(s) desperate, messing with bathroom accessibility, watching them pee in different places. Examples include the Shikkin series, Melissa Explains it All, and OMOCAM (I think it was called?). These often feature multiple endings / gallery records. Some overlap with 2 here.

woo more rambling, ended up talking more about omo games in general than converting existing games

Shantae series could be fun with Omorashi mixed in. Main gameplay elements in the games is either using belly dancing to transform into animals or mythical creatures (e.g. mermaid) or using pirate equipment borrowed from an antagonist that reformed into a reluctant ally. The former could be interesting: if you made your character too desperate, you won't be able to transform as belly dancing turns into potty dancing. 

2 hours ago, ZirconiumPen said:

One of the issues I have with many omo games (and lewd games in general) is that it's sometimes just a normal game, but you get to see some content if you game-over. In my opinion, these games don't benefit from being games (they would be more appealing as image sets, comics, or prose). Often it's this weird situation where the gamestate the player is supposed to avoid (failure) is the only way to see what they came for (wetting, etc). I think it mainly arises from a conflict between what the player wants to see and what the characters' goals are.

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head. It ends up with a metagame element existing in direct conflict with the game proper, like my crashing flight sims on purpose analogy. Any omo-oriented player would get a kick out of a Sims game with no toilet in the house, but by most metrics used in the Sims games that's just courting multiple failure states. (Specifically Bathroom, Hygiene, and Comfort, if I remember Sims 1 correctly.)

In fact, I'm reminded of an old RPGMaker (I think) game with a name I can't remember, where a reporter ends up in this weird magical / extradimensional building that she explores while having to go very badly, and each room is filled with something that might make her lose control; ultimately there's an ending where she manages to hold on, and one where she soaks herself on live television, depending on the players' choices. They almost become different games because the route where she holds on and the route where she loses control require a distinct difference in player goals to reach. The former has the character and player seeking the same outcome, the other has the character and player in conflict.

Actually... an Untitled Goose Game variant, where the player controls a non-human entity that turns desperate NPCs' attempts to reach a bathroom into comedies of errors, could work pretty well. Turn on a faucet or a sprinkler to produce the sound of water, or spray them directly... lock yourself inside the bathroom so the NPC has to do a very hurried attempt at picking the lock or prying open the door... push something heavy off of a shelf or ledge so the loud noise startles them... there's some potential here.