Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Would you date someone you met through this site?

For me this is a hard question to answer.

The first thing I would say is that a relationship needs trust, in the past I have always hidden and even tried to suppress this side of me.

To meet someone who you can be completely open with and who already knows your dark secrets would be a revelation.

So yes I think meeting someone here could really work for both of you.

For me personally, I realised a long time ago, that I'm no longer looking for "The One" I accept that I am Asexual, and I want to have groups of friends, rather than one significant other.

To try to make real friends within the omo community I had always hoped to find someone posting details of a meet up.

I realised not long ago, that if I didn't do the organising of an event. I'm never going to find what I'm looking and hoping for. 

In a way it would perhaps be the most likely way to find someone accepting of or even sharing my interests, but there’s a few reasons why I’m not sure I ever could.

One is the difficulty of explaining how you met someone to family etc. especially if the person is not local. Also, I met some local-ish ABDLs on a semi-regular basis a number of years ago, which I enjoyed at the time but then found something out about someone a while after it had fizzled out, which made me realise I could easily have ended up in a difficult situation. Makes me less likely to trust people and I certainly still feel a very long way from wanting to meet up with anyone I’ve met online in real life again.

On 9/5/2022 at 11:28 AM, nappypants said:

One is the difficulty of explaining how you met someone to family etc. especially if the person is not local.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in the past.

As for explaining how you met a potential partner. To other people.

You could say it was an online dating site.

You don't have to be anymore specific than that.

Many lasting relationships are made through online dating. If people really push the two of you to name the site, and I don't see why they would. Just suggest one of the famous dating sites, but again be vague. Say you think it was this or it might have been that. Then let your partner fill in a few blanks.

Add a few stories and anecdotes, just remove the diapers and the wetting.

I am married, so no.

But in theory yes I would date someone I met here. I mean people you pick up in a night club etc. Can be more strange than people you meet online. 

The odds of that happening though is 1 in a million, if you are a straight male like I am. 

Before I got married I was kind of on the look out for a potential female partner or friend online. To my experience 99,9 %are males. Either as males or disguised as females. I tried on a chat/hook up site in my country years ago, when mentioning you were in to wetting you actually got much attention, but again only from males. 

If you were ever lucky enough to meet an actual female, you'd be last in a long line of others. I once bumped into a woman online, from my own country, we were only friends the age difference were too much, and she was married. Anyhow she told me what it was like as a woman, she'd recieve hundreds of messages almost everyday from guys, many of them pretty creepy. So the chances of her actually seeing a message from someone that's real would be very slim. She only saw my message because it was in another language. 

I bet it's the same here, ofc. People here are generally not creepy or anything, but I recently saw a poll done by another user, the majority here is men. I bet the women here gets plenty of attention. 

To summarize I think it's easier to meet someone in real life or on a dedicated dating site.