Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale IRL trip to Fountains Abbey. Sunday the 11th September

IRL trip to Fountains Abbey.
Sunday the 11th September
12:30
Entry is £17 including parking.
Meeting up in the courtyard outside the restaurant and visitors centre at 12:30

I'm hosting an IRL meetup at Fountains Abbey and everyone is welcome.

The Big Rule for me is, No Real Names, none of us want to be outed. Personally I couldn’t think of anything worse.
I don’t ever want my existing friends and family to know about this side of me.
For the sake of cover when we meet up we will be the

Open Map Orienteering Group

I’ll bring some printed lanyards and we can write our pseudonym on the cards with a Sharpie.

I have now picked up a pay and go phone specifically for Omo calls, and to help organise these events.
I would advise others to do the same, my Omo phone also has a separate Omo fantasy Gmail account.

So as well as being The Lone Ranger, I’m now also Lenny Robinson, again neither are my real name. 

The cheapest pay and go smart phone on O2 is the Alcatel 1B at £59 I chose a Motorola G22 with a 50 megapixel camera for £130 but still cheap, especially with a fast charger thrown in the box. 

The key to this is meet is discretion. I would advise bringing some form of packed lunch, as this gives us an excuse to be sat around in the forest, even if it’s just fizzy pop and crisps, having that lunchbox puts any passers by at their ease.

For your cars protection, I’ve been using two Tena bed pads and a large dark coloured towel on top. I’ve been having adventurous wees every day in the last week with no wet car seats.

If nobody turns up, I will understand, for most of us, this is a massive leap into the unknown. Please get in touch if you want to chat, anyone who asks can have my new pay and go number, or my new email.

If I do find that I’m on my own. Then like with Calke Abbey, I will keep a photo blog of the day, showing the site, the layout, And the places I found to hide and have fun.

From looking at Google maps, we shouldn’t have to walk far to be hidden out of view from the general public. So anyone with mobility issues, please don’t feel isolated, and ruled out.

I’m not expecting some mad bacchanalian orgy as soon as we set up camp, I think most of us will just want to sit and chat with like minded individuals. Although I’m not setting any ground rules other than keeping anonymity.

I’ve quickly sketched up an idea for the lanyard. It’s not finished by any means just showing my thoughts at present.

For twenty years I was always hoping that someone else would organise such an event. I’ve now come to realise that if I don’t plan it, I will spend another twenty years just staring at a screen, wishing someone else would do it.

I hope some of you have the courage to come and join me.
Please get in touch, and we can have a chat. Weather you want to come along or not anyone who asks can have the pay and go number.

Regards
The Lone Ranger 

name bdge.jpg

Screenshot_20220823-031555_Earth.jpg

Well this feels like a first day of school photo.

Only I didn't wet myself on the first day of school!

This is how I'll be dressed on Sunday. I really hope people turn up and join me.

I plan on arriving at the location marked on the map outside the cafe and visitors centre.

I'll be there from 12:30 and plan to start my little walk at about 13:00 giving all those that wish to join time.20220909_143228.thumb.jpg.a4e142b10444a4b393dfa810f3848278.jpg

You mentioned the Singing Ringing Tree in Burnley.  That is one four 'Panopticon' art installations on exposed hilltops around Lancashire.  I've never been to that one but I know the Halo in Rossendale, it has a small but free car park, and while the installation itself is on a bare hilltop it also includes a small park area with paths through scrubby bushes and trees that provide some cover (from view and from the ever-present wind), which as far as I know the Tree lacks.

8 minutes ago, Showerproof said:

You mentioned the Singing Ringing Tree in Burnley.  That is one four 'Panopticon' art installations on exposed hilltops around Lancashire.  I've never been to that one but I know the Halo in Rossendale, it has a small but free car park, and while the installation itself is on a bare hilltop it also includes a small park area with paths through scrubby bushes and trees that provide some cover (from view and from the ever-present wind), which as far as I know the Tree lacks.

A quick look on Google Earth and it doesn't look too bad, would you be willing to join me there?

13 minutes ago, AnotherGuy said:

I must say that I respect your confidence and the effort you're putting into this. I don't think it's something that I personally would feel ready to do at the moment, but I hope you can make it work.

It's taken a heart attack and a triple bypass to find the courage and confidence to start doing this.

One of my favourite omo stories was written back in 2004 called School Disco by someone writing under the name Aaron.

I realised after trying to find the story that if I want to attend such a party. Well firstly I need to be more comfortable wetting near people, and secondly as nobody ever seemed to be planning IRL events it would be down to me to make it happen.