Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Okay so hear me out, I've been thinking about this lately while venturing multiple sides of the omorashi community.

...Why does it seem like the bladders of those with certain kinks just, work differently?

What I mean is, you know those people who drink insane amounts of water until their abdomen is concerningly swollen. They wait for hours and hours without all the drama that comes with the wetting side of things? Those people who drink a lot of water and wait a lot of time till they eventually burst, losing all control. But.. you don't really see that with the bladder bulge enthusiasts.

Both drink a lot of water, both wait a lot of time, and both get really desperate. That's including the fact that both, assuming they like what they do, engage in the practice often. That means they both have trained bladders and such. So how come it seems like one is weakening their bladder the more they hold, while the other seems to be strengthening it?

This question probably has a clear answer, but I just want to know if I'm the only one who is/was confused by this?

Edited by Queko
Added Tags (see edit history)

@Queko

"Both drink a lot of water, both wait a lot of time, and both get really desperate. That's including the fact that both, assuming they like what they do, engage in the practice often. That means they both have trained bladders and such. So how come it seems like one is weakening their bladder the more they hold, while the other seems to be strengthening it?"

This isn't scientific, this is just a guess & my own personal opinion. I tend to think that although we can build up our bladder through continuous holding that we can only do so much with what we were born with. Some people can hold and hold and hold and their bladder will get no bigger or only to a limited degree. Others can keep doing that and doing that and their bladder will continue to get larger and larger. But I think that every bladder is unique and individual and that some are just inherently stronger than others and can be stretched more.

My theory is that those who have larger bladders in general or who have stretchier ones can continuously make it stronger and stronger through repeated holding. Those who just have a smaller bladder they can't make it incredibly larger simply from holding and holding and that it might have the opposite effect, where if you try to stretch it too much beyond its capacity you result in straining it and perhaps weakening it.

From my own experience I can say that although my job where I had to hold it for six or seven hours helped me to learn to hold it longer than I thought possible I still felt incredibly desperate the entire time. Simply being able to hold more did nothing to lessen the desperation or the feeling of urgency. I feel that maybe I had a sensitive bladder rather than a small one, but I really don't feel that if I was forced to hold more and more that this would change, I think I have probably reached the maximum capacity that my bladder is going to get and that I'm never going to be like some of those people who can hold for 12 hours or 24 hours. Maybe on one or two occasions I managed to go eight hours but I still feel that six or seven hours is my normal limit, and that no matter how much I continue holding I'm never probably going to get much beyond that, and even if I do increase my bladder capacity a little bit I'm still going to feel the urge to go just as soon.

So I definitely think you can train your bladder to hold more, but to some degree anatomy is destiny and what you are born with has its own limitations that you are never going to overcome no matter how much you practice at holding it, and if you try to exceed your maximum capacity after a certain point it might have the opposite effect of weakening the bladder simply because it's just not going to go any further. You might just have to accept the limitations of how much you can hold as I think everybody has a maximum capacity they can reach through training, but trying to push it beyond that might end up pushing it in the opposite direction if you keep trying to push the issue.

For what it is worth I have also never held to the point my bladder bulged and I doubt I will ever be able to hold to the point where that is possible. Some bladders will reach the ability to bulge, most will not.

but to some degree anatomy is destiny and what you are born with has its own limitations that you are never going to overcome no matter how much you practice at holding it

I feel like this is what really drives a lot of the differences seen within the community. We as humans want what we can't have. In my case, I have strong bladder and can routinely hold for upwards of 12 hours without feeling anything. What turns me on more than anything is frequent desperation, urge incontinence, and weak bladders in general. The exact opposite of what I have. 

I'm sure there are people out there who would love to feel the bulge of a full bladder or not have that desperation constantly running their life and I'm sure there are some people who are happy and comfortable at their own level, but the beauty of omorashi is that it allows the fetishization (i don't know if that is a real word or not) of these feelings.

Gonna preface this with the fact that i don't know the first thing about biology or anatomy (psychology is more speed in science topics) so anything i say that relates to those topics is fully just me making guesses and assumptions; all of this is just theorizing on my part and could all potentially be using some false logic

My first theory is that it's not actually that the person is strengthening or weakening their bladder, and it's something more akin to a placebo of some kind; people who like the desperation and wetting want a weaker bladder, and trick themselves into thinking they're weakening it by repeatedly overfilling it, whereas people who like the bladder bulging want a stronger bladder, and tick themselves into thinking they're strengthening it by repeatedly overfilling it. They might be going to different places to find advice on how to weaken/strengthen their bladders because they've got different specific interests, and therefore don't realize they're getting the same advice--but the fact that they think it works a certain way mentally might trick them into thinking it does work.

Second theory would be that we're looking at the causation backwards. It's not that the kink leads to the bladder working a certain way, but that the way the bladder works subconsciously informs the kink. People with bladders big/strong enough to see their bladder bulge will run into that event more often than those with bladders that are small/weak. Since bigger-bladdered folks have more experience with their bladder bulging, they might be more likely to develop a kink out of it. The inverse is true for small/weak bladders being more susceptible to accidents than big/strong ones; They run into accidents and desperation more, so they're more likely to develop the kink.

Third theory is that neither one causes the other, and there's just some third factor at play that somehow leads into the kink and the associated bladder, though idk quite what that third factor would be--it's just common to acknowledge that, when it comes to correlation, there's always that chance that we're looking in the wrong place entirely to find the causation.

@RobynSpargano

"Second theory would be that we're looking at the causation backwards. It's not that the kink leads to the bladder working a certain way, but that the way the bladder works subconsciously informs the kink. People with bladders big/strong enough to see their bladder bulge will run into that event more often than those with bladders that are small/weak. Since bigger-bladdered folks have more experience with their bladder bulging, they might be more likely to develop a kink out of it. The inverse is true for small/weak bladders being more susceptible to accidents than big/strong ones; They run into accidents and desperation more, so they're more likely to develop the kink."

I think that there is some truth to that. I think those who find themselves desperate often end up developing a fetish for being desperate while those with larger bladders perhaps develop a fetish for holding for a very long time or enjoy seeing others who cannot hold as long desperate. I definitely think the fact that I was very frequently desperate when I was younger is what led to a desperation fetish. I feel if I had a large bladder and didn't have to go to the bathroom that much I probably wouldn't have developed my specific fetish the way that I did.

19 hours ago, JungleMoon said:

I feel like this is what really drives a lot of the differences seen within the community. We as humans want what we can't have. In my case, I have strong bladder and can routinely hold for upwards of 12 hours without feeling anything. What turns me on more than anything is frequent desperation, urge incontinence, and weak bladders in general. The exact opposite of what I have. 

I agree with that statement somewhat. I like large, steel bladders, and although I do have a fairly strong bladder, I love when said person finally reaches their limit. In my case, I've never lost control, but it still turns me on when others do. Most of things I find attractive, down to the hair and eyes, are things I don't have myself. It's weird, but to think that if I didn't have a strong bladder that was prone accidents, my tastes could've been way different than they are now.