Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female How to hold it longer 💧🚫

One of the obvious ones I feel is to distracted yourself by doing something else while holding. This can be playing video game or watching TV. I also don't recommend watching or playing something that requires alot of precision or concentration because that tension in your mind and strain adds to the desperation in my opinionat least. I would recommend choosing something mostly mindless but enjoyable, this method also makes desperation wait times go faster. Lastly, one another thing I do occasionally is hop on a discord call with friends while being desperate just for some cheap thrill, I take what I can get nowaday!! 

Driving helps as a distraction, so long as you can do it safely while holding.  I don't pee at work, and after work I do deliveries as gig work.  Yesterday I drank more than I realized, and I was pretty frantic for the final two hours with occasional leaks, but I managed to hold until I could get home and torture my bladder lol.  That said, part of why I do it is because I really enjoy hitting my tired bladder with random bumps in the road and stuff, which might go against what you're trying to do.

Other ideas include reading (book or online) or a relaxed game, best played from your bed (if safe to do, i.e. waterproof mattress or knowing you can catch yourself just before you lose control).

22 hours ago, PeeNewbieGirl said:

Do you have any suggestions how to hold it longer?

Distraction is always good, like the others already said, for example reading, watching TV or doing household stuff (cleaning, laundry etc does it for me.

Have you tried applying physical pressure from the outside, like holding yourself with your hand or sitting on your foot to hold it longer? Does it help?

Sometimes I do read read and watch TV. But sometimes I need to do some housework and if i really need to gi veeery bad, it is nearly impossible to stand up without peeing myself immediatley. I normally hold it for my boyfriend till he comes home from work. This means I have to wait longer times with a full baldder and I do not want to leak or anything till he is home. 

So i was woandering how you guys deal with such situations. Holding even if you have to do stuff in the house and an accident (with out my boyfriend) should not happen...

Probably I drink too much or for a too long distance of time.. I have not gotten the right cycle yet. 🤭

I used to have a similar issue where drinking any amount of water or coffee had me going pee 15-30 minutes later and I HAD to go. Then one day in college, I got stuck for 6 hours without a bathroom break, and I somehow climbed the stairs to my apartment with my bladder throbbing, and still somehow made it to the toilet. It's like I was just given a bladder of steel that day. I used to have some tricks to help me out because I would be stuck at work where I had no relief for 3 hours at a time, but still hydrated a little bit. If you want, I can dm you some other tips, but usually I would talk myself up and think stupid (but somehow very helpful!!!) stuff like "I am a goddess. I don't need to pee," or "I can hold it so much longer than my ex. I want to put HIM to shame with how long I can hold it." Some of that is paraphrased and based on personal experiences, but I feel like challenging yourself to hold longer than someone (even if they are imaginary) or just telling yourself that you dont HAVE to pee helped me out a lot.

What I tend to do is either get into a game that requires my presence for 30-60min, which will give you the motivation to hold. If that isn't enough, something I do when Im feeling more adventurous is I'll get a bit desperate then go ride on nearby public transit for an hour or so.

You'll be motivated to hold it in to avoid embarassing yourself in front of everyone!

@PeeNewbieGirl, you could go out for a long(ish) walk… could help you hold longer, and just not having easy access to a restroom will help PUSH you to have to hold longer. You could plan an out-and-back route, or a loop… set the distance per how much longer you want to hold. 

In addition, the way you fill your bladder can play a part. If you drink more steady, over longer time, you will fill your bladder more, and a,so have a more gradual feeling of pressure, versus gulping down 5 glasses of water in 3 minutes. 

Good luck, and have fun!

On 8/11/2022 at 10:03 AM, PeeNewbieGirl said:

Sometimes I do read read and watch TV. But sometimes I need to do some housework and if i really need to gi veeery bad, it is nearly impossible to stand up without peeing myself immediatley. I normally hold it for my boyfriend till he comes home from work. This means I have to wait longer times with a full baldder and I do not want to leak or anything till he is home. 

So i was woandering how you guys deal with such situations. Holding even if you have to do stuff in the house and an accident (with out my boyfriend) should not happen...

Probably I drink too much or for a too long distance of time.. I have not gotten the right cycle yet. 🤭

If you stand up, you can't hold it at all and it all comes out? Or does it just leak a bit and if you squeeze your muscles you can stop it for a while?

Have you ever stood up and accidentally leaked all over before your bf got home?