Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Toilets in Final Fantasy VI

I noticed in Final Fantasy VI (which some may know as Final Fantasy III on SNES) that there are toilets in Imperial Palace, and if you examine them with the action button, your character either sits on them or stands/squats on them (I can't remember) for a few seconds, then the toilet flushes.

I get the impression that it's meant to be your character peeing. I've done this with Terra and Celes of course, and I'm not sure but it LOOKS as though their pants remain up (hard to tell with Celes of course).

Are they peeing themselves on the toilet or are they pulling their pants down (or panties, in Celes's case) and it simply doesn't look like it in-game? It wouldn't make much sense for them to sit on the toilet and pee with their pants up, unless of course they didn't want their other party members to see those parts of them exposed and prefer wetting. (But then, it also kind of doesn't make sense that you can pee like 50 times in a row)

Given this site of course many would like to think they pee through their pants (or panties), but do you think they actually are? Or is it just up for us to decide?

In case anyone doesn't know what he's talking about, or just wants a quick visual aid, I recorded a video of this years ago.

As for how it's visually represented, I think it's pretty clear that we're not supposed to take it at face value. Square wasn't going to draw or animate them taking their bottoms off for something seen so rarely, and would cause the age rating to jump up. But maybe we also can't take the idea that there's only one member of the party out at a time at face value either, maybe they're always travelling as a group. And, with these being the only toilets in the game world, they can't afford to pass them up. Maybe Terra is staying fully clothed to keep some dignity while she pees in front of everyone.

19 hours ago, Captain L said:

In case anyone doesn't know what he's talking about, or just wants a quick visual aid, I recorded a video of this years ago.

As for how it's visually represented, I think it's pretty clear that we're not supposed to take it at face value. Square wasn't going to draw or animate them taking their bottoms off for something seen so rarely, and would cause the age rating to jump up. But maybe we also can't take the idea that there's only one member of the party out at a time at face value either, maybe they're always travelling as a group. And, with these being the only toilets in the game world, they can't afford to pass them up. Maybe Terra is staying fully clothed to keep some dignity while she pees in front of everyone.

This! Someone wanted to do something funny and they recycled the "hurt" animations for when you interacted with the toilet.

This reminds me of one of the Half Life 1 games where they recycled the scientist's voice lines such as one of them screaming holding a ledge and about to fall "I can't hold on much longer" and put  them on the toilet making the same sound effects.

On 8/9/2022 at 11:51 AM, Captain L said:

Interesting. I wonder why they even included such a feature in the first place, but I sure ain’t complaining!