Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

At what point do you say you wet yourself? Can you wet yourself multiple time before your bladder is empty?

I have a question. At what point do you say that you wet yourself, peed in your pants, had an accident, etc.?

I always thought I had peed in my pants if there was a wet patch bigger than about an inch, (2.5 cm) whether or not it is visible to a outside observer. So if I had gotten really really desperate and suddenly I release a spurt I peed in my pants even if somehow it did not soak through to my pants. Then a few minutes later another release I peed in my pants again. This could go on repeatedly. If I were in a situation in which I were struggling to maintain control I could lose control for an instant and reason control, and if I were clothed I peed in my pants. Then a few minutes later I momentarily lose control and the regain control, I peed in my pants again. In this case I had an accident twice.
Specifically, if I pee in my pants I do not have to have a full bladder emptying event.

I’m asking because I’ve seen descriptions of very close calls in which there are visible streaks down a persons legs but it was not a full on bladder emptying, to give one perhaps extreme example. I also have described situations in which I was struggling and lost control but regained control for a few minutes then lost control and regained control only to lose control again and described that as wetting myself three time. On the other hand it could be described as wetting myself once in three parts.

Edited by scinosensation (see edit history)

My definition is you have to see it. I once lifted my butt off my car seat to take my wallet out to pay at a drive thru and leaked on my underwear. As soon as I managed to park the car I got out and peed against a wall with only my boxer having a small wet spot. I don't count that as peeing my pants.

On the other hand, I was driving home one time from my ex girlfriend's apartment and I had drunk a lot. During the car ride I went from a 5 to a 10 in like 3 minutes. I leaked 3 times in my pants and left a baseball sized wet spot in the front of my jeans and a smaller one on my butt. I went to a gas station that was closed and parked in the back, got out and as I was lowering my zipper I started to leak again but  I didn't try to stop it since I almost had it out and peed. That I consider a wetting since it was visible. When I got home I was desperate again so I sat down on the toilet in my black jeans and let loose

I dribble so often, that I almost consider that normal occurrence. I say I wet myself when my panties get really wet between my legs, not just a little.

I tell others that I wet myself, when I'm noticeably wet and they can see that. I don't do it sooner, because often you can get away with wetting your pants, if you are just a little wet between your legs. If I'm wearing a skirt or a dress, I only tell when necessary. If I can stand and my skirt won't get wet from my panties and pantyhose and I can get changed or go home before I will start smelling, I won't tell at all.

Edited by CarmenCD (see edit history)

My parents raised me to think the slightest drip a horrible embarrassment.  When my bed-wetting resumed around age 11, she treated it like a medical emergency.  our doctor stayed entirely clam and said to give it time to clear up on its own.  A friend told me about his bed-wetting.  My omo cousin was entirely open about her day leaks.  Then my first wife stained her panties weekly.  To her it meant she needed to pee bad.  (She seemed to never get full to the point of feeling discomfort.)

So by my early 20s when I often wet on the way home from clubs, I'd become very casual about it.  Age 30 a friend of my GF openly said she wished she could go clubbing without squirts in restroom lines. 

Later I realized some women consider a saucer-sized wet spot on their crotch a normal part of pregnancy.  Of course some wear diapers. 

I think opinion varies over a wide range.