Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Question for fiction readers

Hey all, I have some questions for those of you who frequent the fiction section of this site. (I figured it was better to put this in the general discussion section, since it's not actually a story thread.) We've been doing a lot of polls lately and I'm curious to get people's opinions specifically on written fiction content.

What criteria do you use to decide which story to read or which title to click?

Once you've opened a thread, what makes you decide to keep reading? What causes you to look for something else? Is there anything that is an immediate "nope" for you, that causes you to close a thread you were otherwise enjoying? How long will you give a story a chance when it starts out rather dry (literally and metaphorically?)

Is there a topic or niche you'd like to see more of in fiction on here, that doesn't usually get a lot of focus? Is there a topic or cliche that gets a lot of focus that you'd like to see less of?

Are you opposed to reading stories that have explicit sexual content? What about stories that have a heavy plot, with omo/wetting content dispersed throughout?

How long do you like stories to be? Does the length at all determine whether you'll start a story?

Pretty much any story that has a messing tag I immediately nope out of as i'm not into that at all. Also not really much into bedwetting or male wetting so I tend to skip over those as well.  Everything else I generally read.

I'd definitely like to see more fanfiction on here. 

Length does not really determine if I start a story or not, though there are times when i'll admittedly skim through longer stories to get to the good bits(I.E. the omo scenes). my ideal length is around 2000-4000 words. Definitely not opposed to explicit sexual content at all.

Edited by LifeIsStrange (see edit history)

I'm probably an odd one out, but I love anything with the tag "intentional" or "deliberate" which is rare unfortunately. Honestly I've grown bored of accident stories but I'll still read short ones. Also never been into fan fiction.

I just filter by tags, or by searching for phrases I'm feeling into at the time.

As to what content we could do with more of, I'd say things in the trans/futa/gender play categories need more content and variety.

I'd also like to see more stories around being pee shy and/or being encouraged to pee/wet while embarrassed, and the use (successful or otherwise) of unconventional toilets

Although I write my own stories and post them in my blog in the fiction section I usually don't read most of the fiction ones on here just because then I would get nothing else accomplished! But to me things I like to see are ones that focus mainly on the desperation, not into the wetting and explicit sexual content doesn't necessarily turn me off but it's not something that really draws me in either. In my own stories that I write it tends to be all about the psychology of the desperate person and all of the build up and all the situations that they get into the keep them from getting relief, and I'm only into female desperation.

To me the story length doesn't matter but I would probably more likely read a short one, again because I say if I spent all of my time reading the stories here I would never get anything else accomplished, so a short one I'm more likely to read quickly rather than a long one. But I'm certainly not going to criticize anybody for writing a long story because that would be the pot calling the kettle black, since I have written full-length books of omorashi situations. So I am definitely one who tends to draw it out. Still I would say that the majority of my stories are probably on the shorter side. I would say that my average desperation story is probably about 2000 to 5000 words although I have definitely written some rather long ones, and again full-length novellas and novels. You wouldn't think that there is not much you can draw it out with but you'd be surprised! These things get long fast when you start writing them. You think you only have a basic idea but then as soon as you start writing them it's like it takes off any think of all these new things to include.

Also as a person who writes primarily science fiction and horror and fantasy and other speculative genres I enjoy stories that incorporate those. I think there are only so many desperation situations a person can get into but when you don't have to be bound by reality that allows your imagination to soar even wider, and those stories tend to be the longer ones because when you include some type of weird element or some new society or something like that there is more world building even within the confines of a fetish story.

I do love the fiction section lol

Before clicking on something, first I want to know that there's no diapers or messing.  Nothing against those who like them, but instant turnoffs to me personally.

Stories that are "cute" stand out to me more.  Ones where a person is denying themself while desperate are fun, such as in the case of "she was squirming, but when I offered the restroom, she said she was fine, and then she just kept squirming while we talked."  Also, holding for someone else kinda falls in under "cute."

In the case of male desperation, I prefer the male be shy and submissive to some degree, with the partner being whatever gender.  Way more broad with female desperation, but in general, I like it most if she acts like there's nothing to worry about even though she's desperate.

With fiction, two areas in which I'm absolutely down to suspend disbelief:  capacity and duration, particularly with women.  Here's one such story I really enjoyed:  

Stuff that will make me stop reading:  For one, I'll skip over backstories if they're far too long with zero omo.  Describing the size of a woman's breasts as "ample" or "c-cup" are an immediate no from me because 1:  I don't care about breast size regardless, and 2:  "she sexilly sexed while sexing" types of details are dumb lol.  And abuse can have a role in the story, but particularly with my background, there's a point at which it changes from helpful context to mood killer.

I do read a lot of fiction, although not always so much from this site. Desperation is an essential, wetting not essential (I actually prefer an outdoor pee). If it's an author I know and like then I'll probably be subscribed.

Generally if I'm browsing, it'll be female-only, with the suggestion that the story has its basis in real life or isn't totally outlandish. No manga, no fanfic unless I'm a big fan of the source material, no fantasy or computer-game fiction. Definitely nothing that hints at underage (or, to be honest, even teenage is a no-no these days). Big thumbs-up to anything with the overtures of a dilemma or a difficult situation, or anything told in the first person.

I'm happy to read thousands and thousands of words if a payoff is worth it (and sometimes even if it isn't, but don't expect me to come back for the follow-up instalment). Fleshing out the characters well and THEN letting them get desperate is very admirable. However, you can go too far: there are stories written which are just endless unrealistic desperation. This just makes the whole thing farcical.

Things that make me close the window and refuse to read any further: poor, inconsistent, or unimaginative use of language, or any of the aforementioned triggers cropping up right there in the first paragraph (which happens surprisingly often).

It really depends. If you’re looking to just get as many readers as possible, then use short stories that get right to the point with vivid descriptions. Bonus points if it has a clickbaity title. (But make sure not to make it actual clickbait.)

I jest slightly, but in general “well written” from a literary standpoint stories get less reader interaction and feedback.

Over the now slightly more than a decade I’ve been a consumer of / creator on this sight there has been a distinct shift from actual publish worthy stories to basically page long snippets showing a particular scene or stories so rushed they feel like news reports. As much I don’t read them myself, I have observed that comment and reaction wise they are MUCH better received.

My interests are mostly with deliberate wettings, so stories where the characters are put in situations where they wet themselves on purpose. and discover this fetish in a story.

When the characters also have development and are relatable i usually love the story.

And i definitely favor longer stories over short ones

Oh this is a pretty nice thread.

I've written some stuff and I like to flesh out characters and relationships beyond omorashi. But I'm not sure if people are interested in that. I have to wonder if people skim the story for character descriptions and only read the whole thing if the character(s) is someone they find attractive or wearing specific clothing. I've done similar, I tend to like stories with female characters wearing skirts.

@Unbeknownst

"If you’re looking to just get as many readers as possible, then use short stories that get right to the point with vivid descriptions. Bonus points if it has a clickbaity title. (But make sure not to make it actual clickbait.)"

Well I definitely do that especially with a lot of my non-omorashi stories that I write under my own name, people may like my stories, they may hate my stories, but some of the titles you see that you like I just have to see what the hell this is actually about because the title is a total mind fuck!

"I jest slightly, but in general “well written” from a literary standpoint stories get less reader interaction and feedback."

I remember reading an article that said that some of the best-selling and most popular book such as Harry Potter tended to work on like a grade school level in terms of the vocabulary words that they use. Stuff that was more intelligent and sounded like a person was educated highly when they wrote it tended to be less popular. Every night when I count up my word count I copy and paste everything into this word count your website and it also tells you the educational level of the person who wrote it. It always says that I was at least a college student or a college graduate depending on what I wrote. But after reading that article I am like do I need to make my writing a lot more stupid if I want to get popular?

One of the most depressing things is that I remember one of my favorite TV shows that got canceled rather quickly, a post-apocalyptic drama named Jericho, I read an article in the TV Guide about it getting canceled and one of the reason that got canceled was it was too intelligent for most people in America. That just depressed me almost as much is the fact that it was canceled, not just that it was canceled but the reason why was that this show wasn't stupid enough for enough people to watch it.

Even more depressing was I later read a similar article that said based on speeches given by our elected representatives in this country the majority of people who got elected spoke on a third grade to fifth grade level. That explains a lot about why we have the problem that we do. It's like forgive me for being literate and educated! I think we really are moving in the direction of Idiocracy, that was probably the most prophetic and accurate assessments of the future that we have before us.

"Over the now slightly more than a decade I’ve been a consumer of / creator on this sight there has been a distinct shift from actual publish worthy stories to basically page long snippets showing a particular scene or stories so rushed they feel like news reports. As much I don’t read them myself, I have observed that comment and reaction wise they are MUCH better received."

I blame social media for this, I think that things like Twitter, and I'll admit I use it myself even though I always tell myself I shouldn't, by limiting words you limiting thought and limiting expression. I think that now people have such a limited attention span that anything that isn't super quick and to the point where makes people have to read for a little while or think about anything for more than five minutes tends to lose people's interests. Once again as a person who is trying to make a career as a writer who tries to make people think this depresses me immensely. I'm not just talking about omorashi writing here either, I'm just talking about writing in general.

7 minutes ago, razel said:

I've written some stuff and I like to flesh out characters and relationships beyond omorashi. But I'm not sure if people are interested in that. I have to wonder if people skim the story for character descriptions and only read the whole thing if the character(s) is someone they find attractive or wearing specific clothing. I've done similar, I tend to like stories with female characters wearing skirts.

I'm OK with going beyond omo, i'm more about the description of the desperation and/or wetting then I am about the characters personally(though I do like it when women are wearing athletic shorts)I definitely won't refuse to finish a story over something that minor.

Personally, when I am writing, I just write what turns me on, and I figure if I like it, others will too! We all like different things, so I am more than fine with positive and constructive feedback or criticism.

As a reader, my love if (mainly female) desperation, so I will always seek that first. I do look at some other stuff, but I actively seek the desperation content. If its tagged with female desperation I will usually give it a go, but the title is important too, that draws me in. Long stories are great, as long as they are focussed, I don't want to be meandering off like its the start of a novel, but if it is relevant to the story, I am in. Writing style definitely plays a part in how long I stick around, but I give the vast majority a real go, and will often finish a story, even if its not really my bag. There are plenty I haven't cared for, but my word, there are some absolute gems on this site!

6 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@Unbeknownst

"If you’re looking to just get as many readers as possible, then use short stories that get right to the point with vivid descriptions. Bonus points if it has a clickbaity title. (But make sure not to make it actual clickbait.)"

Well I definitely do that especially with a lot of my non-omorashi stories that I write under my own name, people may like my stories, they may hate my stories, but some of the titles you see that you like I just have to see what the hell this is actually about because the title is a total mind fuck!

"I jest slightly, but in general “well written” from a literary standpoint stories get less reader interaction and feedback."

I remember reading an article that said that some of the best-selling and most popular book such as Harry Potter tended to work on like a grade school level in terms of the vocabulary words that they use. Stuff that was more intelligent and sounded like a person was educated highly when they wrote it tended to be less popular. Every night when I count up my word count I copy and paste everything into this word count your website and it also tells you the educational level of the person who wrote it. It always says that I was at least a college student or a college graduate depending on what I wrote. But after reading that article I am like do I need to make my writing a lot more stupid if I want to get popular?

One of the most depressing things is that I remember one of my favorite TV shows that got canceled rather quickly, a post-apocalyptic drama named Jericho, I read an article in the TV Guide about it getting canceled and one of the reason that got canceled was it was too intelligent for most people in America. That just depressed me almost as much is the fact that it was canceled, not just that it was canceled but the reason why was that this show wasn't stupid enough for enough people to watch it.

Even more depressing was I later read a similar article that said based on speeches given by our elected representatives in this country the majority of people who got elected spoke on a third grade to fifth grade level. That explains a lot about why we have the problem that we do. It's like forgive me for being literate and educated! I think we really are moving in the direction of Idiocracy, that was probably the most prophetic and accurate assessments of the future that we have before us.

"Over the now slightly more than a decade I’ve been a consumer of / creator on this sight there has been a distinct shift from actual publish worthy stories to basically page long snippets showing a particular scene or stories so rushed they feel like news reports. As much I don’t read them myself, I have observed that comment and reaction wise they are MUCH better received."

I blame social media for this, I think that things like Twitter, and I'll admit I use it myself even though I always tell myself I shouldn't, by limiting words you limiting thought and limiting expression. I think that now people have such a limited attention span that anything that isn't super quick and to the point where makes people have to read for a little while or think about anything for more than five minutes tends to lose people's interests. Once again as a person who is trying to make a career as a writer who tries to make people think this depresses me immensely. I'm not just talking about omorashi writing here either, I'm just talking about writing in general.

I don't think Jericho was cancelled because people were too dumb to get it, I think it was just poorly marketed and I think the general premise was just a bit too depressing and disturbing for many people to get into. I know that was the reason why I personally didn't care for it, sorry but a show about nuclear armageddon isn't something I personally have any desire to watch whatsoever(i'm also not into ultra-depressing and realistic depictions in films like "The Day After" for similar reasons).

That extends to fiction stories as well, if a fic is too depressing or disturbing chances are i'm not going to finish it.

@LifeIsStrange

"I don't think Jericho was cancelled because people were too dumb to get it, I think it was just poorly marketed and I think the general premise was just a bit too depressing and disturbing for many people to get into. I know that was the reason why I personally didn't care for it, sorry but a show about nuclear armageddon isn't something I personally have any desire to watch whatsoever(i'm also not into ultra-depressing and realistic depictions in films like "The Day After" for similar reasons)."

It was like a years ago like when it was first on TV but I remember I read an article, it might have been in TV Guide, I can't remember, again this was like 15 years ago, but I do remember distinctly reading an article where somebody said that one of the major reasons was that Jericho wasn't popular because it made people think too much.

I can see that it's not to everybody's taste though. Personally I love post-apocalyptic fiction, in fact it's the main thing I write, omorashi is something I write only occasionally, the main thing that I write under my real name is post apocalyptic dystopia. I write some stuff that would make things like Threads and The Day After look utopian by comparison. Incidentally those are two of my favorite films along with 1984. But then I spent my entire life clinically depressed and have zero faith in humanity, so make of that what you will I guess.

3 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@LifeIsStrange

"I don't think Jericho was cancelled because people were too dumb to get it, I think it was just poorly marketed and I think the general premise was just a bit too depressing and disturbing for many people to get into. I know that was the reason why I personally didn't care for it, sorry but a show about nuclear armageddon isn't something I personally have any desire to watch whatsoever(i'm also not into ultra-depressing and realistic depictions in films like "The Day After" for similar reasons)."

It was like a years ago like when it was first on TV but I remember I read an article, it might have been in TV Guide, I can't remember, again this was like 15 years ago, but I do remember distinctly reading an article where somebody said that one of the major reasons was that Jericho wasn't popular because it made people think too much.

I can see that it's not to everybody's taste though. Personally I love post-apocalyptic fiction, in fact it's the main thing I write, omorashi is something I write only occasionally, the main thing that I write under my real name is post apocalyptic dystopia. I write some stuff that would make things like Threads and The Day After look utopian by comparison. Incidentally those are two of my favorite films along with 1984. But then I spent my entire life clinically depressed and have zero faith in humanity, so make of that what you will I guess.

I googled "TV Guide Jericho cancellation too smart" and nothing came up for me so it might've been in Entertainment Weekly or something like that.

This articles speculates it got cancelled because it had the misfortune of coming out right in the middle of the wars in the Middle East and because the network made the brilliant to split Jericho's seasons in half with it's hiatus of several months from November 2006 to February 2007 causing it to lose a bunch of viewers. Plus the Writers Strike happened right after season 2 got approved, so even if CBS wanted to there was no way they could get anymore episodes, and finally the first three episodes of season 2 got leaked online early and many speculated that to be the reason for the season 2 premiere getting the show's lowest ratings ever:https://www.looper.com/18870/real-reasons-jericho-canceled/

I'm fine with post-apocalyptic fiction that's more action-oriented like Mad Max and the dozens of films inspired by it(I.E. Interzone, World Gone Wild, Six String Samurai) but stuff like Jericho that focuses on realistic, disturbing and depressing drama as a result of it isn't really my thing.

As someone who has plenty of faith in humanity Jericho is pretty much the polar opposite of my viewpoint so that explains why it does not appeal to me.  Interesting that you're writing a novel about that sort of thing and i'm sure you'd do a good job, though it's definitely one I won't personally be reading as I read enough depressing stuff everyday without needing to read it in fiction as well.

To keep this on topic, post-apocalyptic fiction is something I also don't think lends itself very well to omo as if the world has already ended nobody is going to care if you piss in public or not and people are going to be much less shy about doing so in a world where most everything is destroyed, so that eliminates a lot of the stuff about omo fiction that appeals to me. So for that reason post-apocalyptic omo fiction typically does not grab me(unless it's based off a fictional property i'm interested in like Borderlands)

Thanks all for the great responses! I love these kinds of discussions, it's so cool how everyone has different tastes.

7 hours ago, Unbeknownst said:

It really depends. If you’re looking to just get as many readers as possible, then use short stories that get right to the point with vivid descriptions. Bonus points if it has a clickbaity title. (But make sure not to make it actual clickbait.)

I jest slightly, but in general “well written” from a literary standpoint stories get less reader interaction and feedback.

Over the now slightly more than a decade I’ve been a consumer of / creator on this sight there has been a distinct shift from actual publish worthy stories to basically page long snippets showing a particular scene or stories so rushed they feel like news reports. As much I don’t read them myself, I have observed that comment and reaction wise they are MUCH better received.

Curious, what makes a title "clickbaity" on this site?

Also, I agree and have noticed the same. Even 5-10 years ago I feel like I remember finding a lot of well-written, well thought out stories. Now if you look at the fiction section it seems to be overwhelmingly short stories, a lot of which feel like they have... a bit less thought put into them, I will say. And the short stories really do seem to get a lot of interaction, regardless of the writing quality. I don't want to pass judgement on those stories or those writers, clearly they have an audience so they must be doing something right! But I definitely prefer a story that feels more... fleshed out? has more thought put into it?

6 hours ago, razel said:

I agree, I definitely prefer stories that are more fleshed out and have a grounded world outside of omo. It feels more believable. I have to credit @Mbgpeelover and her wonderful story "Anything to confess?" with getting me signed up for this site in the first place. I lurked for years and finally made an account to comment on her story. But I also wonder how much most people on here are interested in the character/plot side of stories, or if most just skim through.

6 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

This is a really interesting thought. I've heard the same about books like Harry Potter, and I think it comes down to the fact that (especially with fiction) a writer's tendency to be too wordy can really bog things down and take away from the story. In fact I think it actually takes a lot more effort and skill to take a story with complex ideas and simplify the wording, so that it's easy to breeze through, while still conveying the complexity of the ideas.

In my academic writing I use a site called hemingwayapp.com which analyzes your text for complexity and grade reading level. A lot of famous authors (like Hemingway) wrote at an elementary reading level, but still managed to convey really complex ideas. I'm currently working on a story that I hope to post here at some point, and the Hemingway Editor told me it was a 3rd grade reading level. I don't think that means my writing is dumb, or that I'm uneducated, but it does tell me my text is accessible.

This is getting off topic, but I do agree with some of your fears about social media making everything shorter. I am in my early 20s (so elder gen Z). I was the last class in my elementary school to get cursive writing instruction, and one of the last classes to get a computer class. I greatly fear for the next generation, even those 5-10 years younger than me. Apparently, there are now children entering kindergarten who have severely underdeveloped hand muscles because they spent so much time pressing buttons on a pad rather than actually playing with real toys and developing fine motor skills.

6 hours ago, pguy69 said:

Personally, when I am writing, I just write what turns me on, and I figure if I like it, others will too! We all like different things, so I am more than fine with positive and constructive feedback or criticism.

I like this philosophy a lot. I'm writing to fill a niche- no one on here has written the exact story I've been wanting to read, so I'm writing it for myself. And if no one likes it or wants to read it, that's fine, because I'm writing with myself as the primary audience in mind. Personally I think there is a dearth of good erotica that also has good omo. This site really has very little in the way of well written sex scenes. On the other hand, erotica sites rarely have well written omo.

Another niche I would love to see more content for is good romance (with the aforementioned good erotica), as well as stories about couples engaging in omo play. Whether they just discovered an interest in it, or one member of the couple finally admits to liking it and the other tries it, or they've been playing in this space a long time, I think it would be interesting to see stories set in those kinds of relationships. I think you get more of this in the omutsu section, (which I have browsed out of curiousity but have little interest in), because of the caregiver dynamic, but you don't see much of this in omo stories.

Are there other niches or topics that you think really lack content?

If I see that a story has a male tag or a furry tag, I don't click on it. I'm not really interested in furry stuff and I'm not gay. If it has diapers I might not be interested, because I don't really care for them, but if the rest of the story seems intriguing I'll give it a go. I kind of like sexual content, but if I was to write a story I'd probably leave it out. Wetting in general is always good, but intense, leaky desperation is my personal favourite.

2 hours ago, skirtandtights said:

Thanks all for the great responses! I love these kinds of discussions, it's so cool how everyone has different tastes.

Also, I agree and have noticed the same. Even 5-10 years ago I feel like I remember finding a lot of well-written, well thought out stories. Now if you look at the fiction section it seems to be overwhelmingly short stories, a lot of which feel like they have... a bit less thought put into them, I will say. And the short stories really do seem to get a lot of interaction, regardless of the writing quality. I don't want to pass judgement on those stories or those writers, clearly they have an audience so they must be doing something right! But I definitely prefer a story that feels more... fleshed out? has more thought put into it?

I agree, I definitely prefer stories that are more fleshed out and have a grounded world outside of omo. It feels more believable. I have to credit @Mbgpeelover and her wonderful story "Anything to confess?" with getting me signed up for this site in the first place. I lurked for years and finally made an account to comment on her story. But I also wonder how much most people on here are interested in the character/plot side of stories, or if most just skim through.

This is a really interesting thought. I've heard the same about books like Harry Potter, and I think it comes down to the fact that (especially with fiction) a writer's tendency to be too wordy can really bog things down and take away from the story. In fact I think it actually takes a lot more effort and skill to take a story with complex ideas and simplify the wording, so that it's easy to breeze through, while still conveying the complexity of the ideas.

In my academic writing I use a site called hemingwayapp.com which analyzes your text for complexity and grade reading level. A lot of famous authors (like Hemingway) wrote at an elementary reading level, but still managed to convey really complex ideas. I'm currently working on a story that I hope to post here at some point, and the Hemingway Editor told me it was a 3rd grade reading level. I don't think that means my writing is dumb, or that I'm uneducated, but it does tell me my text is accessible.

This is getting off topic, but I do agree with some of your fears about social media making everything shorter. I am in my early 20s (so elder gen Z). I was the last class in my elementary school to get cursive writing instruction, and one of the last classes to get a computer class. I greatly fear for the next generation, even those 5-10 years younger than me. Apparently, there are now children entering kindergarten who have severely underdeveloped hand muscles because they spent so much time pressing buttons on a pad rather than actually playing with real toys and developing fine motor skills.

I like this philosophy a lot. I'm writing to fill a niche- no one on here has written the exact story I've been wanting to read, so I'm writing it for myself. And if no one likes it or wants to read it, that's fine, because I'm writing with myself as the primary audience in mind. Personally I think there is a dearth of good erotica that also has good omo. This site really has very little in the way of well written sex scenes. On the other hand, erotica sites rarely have well written omo.

I always thought cursive was a stupid and pointless waste of time myself, I never saw the point of it. What does having fancier looking writing even accomplish?  I hated having it learn it in elementary school and I remember struggling to write it all the time. I was so happy once I got into fourth grade and I no longer had to do that shit anymore(this was in the 90s and in the 2000s most schools stopped teaching cursive so i'm very surprised that you got taught it)whenever you get things like doctor's notes they are seemingly always done in that chicken-scratch looking cursive that's damn near impossible to read, seriously why can't they just use print instead? It's not like writing notes in cursive is any quicker.

I'm just completely and utterly baffled as to why cursive even exists at all frankly, it feels like one of the most pointless and useless inventions in all of mankind.  I don't miss having to write in cursive one bit, if it goes away in schools entirely I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

1 hour ago, NotGraeme said:

If I see that a story has a male tag or a furry tag, I don't click on it. I'm not really interested in furry stuff and I'm not gay. If it has diapers I might not be interested, because I don't really care for them, but if the rest of the story seems intriguing I'll give it a go. I kind of like sexual content, but if I was to write a story I'd probably leave it out. Wetting in general is always good, but intense, leaky desperation is my personal favourite.

I like furry omo stuff if it's based off a piece of fictional media that I like(like say Pokegirls stuff)but if it's people doing their own furry OCs I don't tend to be into that too much.

If the fanfic is from something that I know and the tags are from something that I'm into, then I read it. If not, then it depends if I know the author.

Aside from male wetting, things like humiliation or other fetishes like scat, diapers and furry, I don't have anything that puts me off while reading.

And maybe not topics, but there are situations that I like to see in more stories, like two (or more) girls desperate to pee having to share the same toilet.

8 hours ago, skirtandtights said:

I personally consider a title clickbaity when either it doesn’t actually match the story / it pertains only to a small portion of the actual content or, more commonly, the title is written in an unnecessarily sensationalist manner such that it creates a false expectation of either content or tone.

Out of curiosity’s sake I put my most recent story, which I consider poorly written by my standards, through the Hemingway editor and got grade 8 due to my needlessly excessive use of complex sentences. It also says I use far too many adverbs but I’m really not willing to compromise in that regard. I find adverbs to most often be the best manner of succinctly and accurately conveying the actions depicted.

I’ll second @razel here. I always write my stories for my own enjoyment primarily and then share them so that others can enjoy them to. Basically, I find it much more fulfilling if I like what I write and I don’t have to worry about fulfilling any sort of expectations.

I had a thread up awhile back in the suggestions asking for a fiction writing guide. Maybe I should finally make one and request them sticky it if it’s good enough .

Edited by Unbeknownst
Wording. (see edit history)