Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Hi everyone! I'm super new to any of this and especially diapers. I tried wearing pull-ups for the first time yesterday (go me), but I found it really hard to actually use them without having to have an accident. I would love to just be able to pee when i felt the need, but I can't seem to make my body feel the same way. Does anyone have some advice they wanna share on how to get used to actually using them? 

Thank you in advance
- Teddy

If you're having troubles letting go into the pull-up then you can try sitting with them on the toilet or standing with them in the shower (works better if you're already used to peeing in the shower) to familiarise your body that it's ok to let go into one. Just generally being desperate will help you get past that shy bladder threshold more easily.

Edited by FluffyCloud (see edit history)

Welcome to the wonderful padded world @DamnDamien

I think a pretty universal challenge for most of us as we start out… after so many years of training our body to hold back (despite the pressure or pain of our full bladders) if we are still in our clothing, suddenly we are saying - “hey forget all of that, it’s ok to pee anyway”..

It will certainly help to be quite desperate for a pee, but then you can try a few different options to get started… either sit on the toilet, with pull-up on and relax until your body lets it go…. Or you could stand/sit in the shower or bathtub to let it happen. Your body might be more relaxed there and it could take less effort. 

You’ll get there in no time, and you will likely also learn to appreciate this wonderful sensation of filling diapers! 

🤙🤙💦

• 4 weeks later...

Closing your eyes (or looking off into the distance (or up at the clouds on a cloudy day)) and pretending that you are on (or standing next to) a toilet (or a urinal) can also help. That often worked for me in my mid 20s when I used to wear Goodnites off and on back in the early 2000s when I was studying in France for a year.

On 7/9/2022 at 3:52 AM, FluffyCloud said:

If you're having troubles letting go into the pull-up then you can try sitting with them on the toilet or standing with them in the shower (works better if you're already used to peeing in the shower) to familiarise your body that it's ok to let go into one. Just generally being desperate will help you get past that shy bladder threshold more easily.

Exactly sit on the toilet and do whatever else you do when you normally pee.

If that doesn't work imagine the pee coming out soaking the diaper.

Don't worry. If it overflows it will just go in the toilet.

• 2 weeks later...