Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Has anyone had a full bladder for a ultrasound? If you feel comfortable sharing your story please do

Yes, men may be required to have ultrasound tests also, I had one about 3 years ago or so. I was having a enlarged prostate issues with urine retention, frequent need to pee and occasional urge incontinence.  I think I was told to drink one quart one hour before my appointment. I remembered my ex-wife going through these tests , but she was told two quarts and wait two hours. I decided , despite some concern I might leak to go with that .   I told myself I didn't want to have to sit around in the waiting room because i was not full enough.  But yea, I used this as a  desperation challenge too. 

So, I drank two quarts of Gatorade two hours before the test. As I got ready to leave my home , I began to seriously question the wisdom of that. My bladder was very uncomfortably full, and I could feel pressure in my penis. I did not want to pee myself, and was concerned if I had to wait in the doctor's office, I might .

I arrive walking stiffly because my bladder was already over full. I hoped I could get in fast and get this over with. I know this sounds like a cliche but I had to wait for a half hour -forty five minutes. My bladder became painfully full. I could not sit still; I was constantly shifting positions , attempting to lessen the pressure on my bladder.  Fortunately, I had the foresight to wear loose pants so they would not squeeze my bladder, but at that point it didn't matter because I was so full.I ended up sitting slouched in my seat with my legs stretched out ahead of me, to relieve to pressure as much as possible. I had to squeeze them together as the desperation waves hit. I forced myself to resist the urge to use my hand to help. I was conscious of the fact although I tried to be subtle about the squeeze , the obvious slouching, and frequent changing of my seated position, into odd stances that I had to pee badly. This was at my primary physicians , so not a place phocused on urinary or ultrasound issues  . 

Finally I was called in . I stood and walked stiffly feeling my distended bladder complain. But worse , gravity did its work and pressure in my penis, especially at the tip increased sharply. I thought OMG, don't pee yourself now. I layed down on the exam table slowly to lessen the pain in my overstretched bladder, and hoping not to leak. The tec began pressing the wand against my bulging bladder, pushing urine down my urethra. I had to tighten my sphincter with all my strength to keep it from coming out. He commented on how full my bladder was, and that I had done a great job of holding my urine. I thought "great just hurry up , I can't hold it much longer". Finally he finished , and I was allowed to pee, and return to see how much residual pee was left in my bladder. I pushed out as much as I could but , since my bladder was so stretched I could not empty , I didn't feel fully relieved, and test showed excess residual.

It did not take long to finish the test, but by time he finished, I needed to pee very badly again. Perhaps because my sphincter/ bladder were tired, but this time the pressure at my pee hole was especially strong like my pee was about to come out. I quickly rushed to the bathroom that was in the next room before I wet myself and had a nice long relieving pee.

It is very true that at the time it was not fun as deliberate holds at home, but I did wonder if the women around my noticed how badly I needed to pee.

Thee hours is about how long my ex ended up holding her pee for a test, and two quarts  anf  try to hold for three hours became our standard for holding fun.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

I had an ultrasound once and they didn't specifically tell me to hold my pee but I just assumed I needed to because it was at the gynecologist. so I drank a bunch of water starting like an hour beforehand thinking I'd be fine. wrong. I was trying to hold but literally peed right before I left because I didn't think I would make it (the office is only like 5 mins from my house but I was already that desperate). I got there and they were running behind. they gave me a pager (bc covid) and told me I could wait in my car if I wanted to. I walked out of their office because I decided I wasn't gonna make it and went to another office to try to use their bathroom (I didn't wanna use the one in the waiting room bc I didn't want them to tell me not to). every office in the building said "private bathrooms only" so I left. I just started walking around hoping I wouldn't piss myself. I considered peeing in a trash bag that was in my car. I work in a building up that's literally a minute up the road so I decided to drive there to pee. I went in and everyone was saying hi to me meanwhile I'm just trying not to piss myself lmao. I finally got into the bathroom and let out such a long, amazing piss. I went back and probably waited another 10 mins in the parking lot before the pager went off. no way I would've made it until then. I went in for the ultrasound and she was digging the probe into my stomach and I was just thinking of the agony I would've been in if I had to pee. the tech only commented when she asked if I needed to use the bathroom before the internal part and waved the wand over my bladder to say "oh you're pretty empty". it didn't seem to affect the results though so I guess I made myself almost have an accident for nothing 😅

Edited by lfererro7 (see edit history)
Guest GözdeMercek

I got ultrasound about 2 years ago. They told me to drink some water and wait until the ultrasound. I drank a lot and started waiting for my turn i was gettin super desperate and finally doctor called me in. I went in the room and laid down on the bed (or whatever that thing is called) then doctor started pushing onto my bladder with the ultrasound device and if you got ultrasound you will know that they have no mercy while pressing those things lol. I accidentally leaked when he pressed thankfully no one realized and i rushed to the toilet and made it in time it was so stressfull

18 hours ago, GözdeMercek said:

I got ultrasound about 2 years ago. They told me to drink some water and wait until the ultrasound. I drank a lot and started waiting for my turn i was gettin super desperate and finally doctor called me in. I went in the room and laid down on the bed (or whatever that thing is called) then doctor started pushing onto my bladder with the ultrasound device and if you got ultrasound you will know that they have no mercy while pressing those things lol. I accidentally leaked when he pressed thankfully no one realized and i rushed to the toilet and made it in time it was so stressfull

I had urinary incontinence problem before, they did the same to me, I drank plenty of water and I remember that I was leaking urine on the ultrasound bed. I went to the toilet and gave the appearance of spilled water.

Guest GözdeMercek
23 hours ago, Holdit said:

I had urinary incontinence problem before, they did the same to me, I drank plenty of water and I remember that I was leaking urine on the ultrasound bed. I went to the toilet and gave the appearance of spilled water.

Incontinence gang 🤟

On 6/30/2022 at 12:19 AM, GözdeMercek said:

Sounds like a really close call! Oops. Hope you were ok.