Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female the case of overactive bladder and urge incontinence

OK, let me be clear, it is wrong to make fun of other people's illnesses, I understand that perfectly clear.

I'm just saying, as someone who loves seeing people desperate to pee, trying their best to hold it in, but failing at the last second, I'm just wondering, where are all the discussions about overactive bladder and people sharing their personal stories of urge incontinence?!??

I mean, outside of this site, or even on this site, there's hardly any of it!

There's so much material, for example, this is one very interesting medical term related to urge incontinence:

https://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/comments/vincents_curtsy

This one doctor in the 60s coined this term, imaging how many patients were asked to hold it for as long as possible, while he/she carefully documented the patients' movements, postures and maybe facial expressions. Damn, I would very much like to be that doctor.

Well, the original paper is on daytime wetting of children, I'm only talking about adults, please don't sexualize children. I would only examine adults, just observe and do nothing else.

Where are all the blog posts or diaries or YouTube videos where people share their frustration with their conditions? Where are all the social media posts where people with urge incontinence complain about the lack of toilets or how they lost control in the toilet queue?

I can't be the only one seeking this kind of material, yes?

Also sorry for my bad English it's not my native language.

Edited by cute_Bladder62
wording needs some change (see edit history)
  • The title was changed to the case of overactive bladder and urge incontinence
  • 2 weeks later...

Well if anyone finds anything of this sort, I’d love to see it!

I’d also be interested in fiction starring female characters that grew up having a perfectly normal bladder but then end up with incontinence of some kind, either through a curse or affliction or even something as simple as pregnancy—for example, a diary of life before and after, detailing use of pads, running to the toilet, accidents, etc. 

I do often look for things on incontinence forums, news stories etc. along those lines. Mainstream sites like Reddit have a fair amount. In most cases I probably wouldn’t share such material here though, as the authors didn’t intend it to be used for fetish purposes. If it’s, say, a publicly available article about a celebrity though, probably fair game to link it.

Fictional stuff, though, bring it on - there’s not enough of it outside of the AB/regression genre which really doesn’t interest me.

i have it. if i have to find another bathroom due to the nearest one being out of order/closed/occupied or somewhere without a public restroom, i will leak or depending on how far a public restroom is have an accident.i peed my pants at a rest area cause it was closed and i was already desperate and no other place to stop for miles. i leaked in a mall cause the nearest restroom was closed for cleaning and by the time i got to the other one my underwear was wet and big wet spot on jeans but they were black. another time was on vacation on the downtown shops none had public restrooms in them but a few blocks down and across the street from where i was were the public restrooms, tired to get there asap but was leaking the whole way i got to the stall but only got my pants down in time before losing it all peeing thru my underwear on the toilet. if traveling and there isnt a place to stop like in middle of nowhere i wet myself in the car before i get to a place to stop. i need to be close to restroom and i pretty much wet myself

• 3 weeks later...

I have overactive bladder and have written several stories here about  my genuine accidents. I leak every few days and probably have an accident a couple times a week. I'm in my 20s and never been pregnant, I just inherited a bad bladder from my mom because she had issues too long before having kids. Thankfully my accidents occur overwhelmingly in the evening because my bladder gets fatigued throughout the day, so most of the time I'm at home and can just deal with/enjoy them (depending on my mood) in privacy. If I know I'm gonna be out a long time and bathroom access might be restricted, incontinence pads are my friend. I don't mind people sexualizing my issues on here becuase I do that myself lol, and it makes them less of a burden!

Just now, Wetlifter37 said:

I have overactive bladder and have written several stories here about  my genuine accidents. I leak every few days and probably have an accident a couple times a week. I'm in my 20s and never been pregnant, I just inherited a bad bladder from my mom because she had issues too long before having kids. Thankfully my accidents occur overwhelmingly in the evening because my bladder gets fatigued throughout the day, so most of the time I'm at home and can just deal with/enjoy them (depending on my mood) in privacy. If I know I'm gonna be out a long time and bathroom access might be restricted, incontinence pads are my friend. I don't mind people sexualizing my issues on here becuase I do that myself lol, and it makes them less of a burden!

(Within reason that is, obviously I don't always enjoy them and sometimes I do wish I had better control).

3 minutes ago, nappypants said:

What was she like after she had them, then? In diapers?

Well Idk about right after we were born but basically I have more issues with accidents I think (probably because I'm more comfortable letting them happen), she has more issues with pain, stress incontinence jumping/laughing etc. (which I don't get ) and latchkey incontinence at the door/in the car.

I have an overactive bladder and urgent incontinence as well.

I've written about it in other topics.

My situation is almost similar as Wetlifter37 . I have one leak per several days or a couple leakings per week (in average). I always use incontinence pads when I go outside my house. But based on what I wrote above most of them remain dry. (But I never know when I will need them, so I always wear them).

The main difference from Wetlifter37 is my accidents occur not almost only in evenings. I really don't know what time of a day is most "dangerous" for me..

Speaking with other women who have an urgent incontinence I'd understood that fortunately my situation is not the worst. Others may have harder form of this problem.

I have OAB and I’ve talked about it here, but not as much as I want to. I’m just a little embarrassed about having it. I’ve found myself in many situations over the years where I held it in when I shouldn’t have because I didn’t want to be known as the girl who’s always using the bathroom, but thankfully the people who I’ve talked to on this site have been very understanding and welcoming, so I’m a bit less embarrassed. My girlfriend also has it and we’ve been very open about it. I must admit sometimes I get a bit excited when she tells me she’s leaked in her panties. That and my fetish has made it much more bearable and even fun at times! 
I’m very similar to bswanson in that I am in my 20s and inherited my bladder from my mom. I’m usually running to the bathroom a few times a week, but wet panties have become rare for me since I wear incontinence pads. Though, I would say I have a couple accidents a month so I carry extra panties and pants in my car at all times. 
Like Wetlifer37, I find my accidents and leaks happen mostly in the evening when my bladder is fatigued from holding throughout the day

Around 2005 I had lots of fun when my wife experienced early stages of menopause.   She had a few small problems with control for a while.

Unfortunately for me after menopause her bladder muscles became very strong and it is now almost like a vault.   No idea if weakness of the sphincter muscles will resume later in life to any significant degree.

I cannot find any material about this subject - menopause leading to temporary mild stress incontinence and what it potentially foretells (if any) later in life.   This information is probably too narrow a subject.  

Edited by ral (see edit history)
7 hours ago, Mary127 said:

I have OAB and I’ve talked about it here, but not as much as I want to. I’m just a little embarrassed about having it. I’ve found myself in many situations over the years where I held it in when I shouldn’t have because I didn’t want to be known as the girl who’s always using the bathroom, but thankfully the people who I’ve talked to on this site have been very understanding and welcoming, so I’m a bit less embarrassed. My girlfriend also has it and we’ve been very open about it. I must admit sometimes I get a bit excited when she tells me she’s leaked in her panties. That and my fetish has made it much more bearable and even fun at times! 
I’m very similar to bswanson in that I am in my 20s and inherited my bladder from my mom. I’m usually running to the bathroom a few times a week, but wet panties have become rare for me since I wear incontinence pads. Though, I would say I have a couple accidents a month so I carry extra panties and pants in my car at all times. 
Like Wetlifer37, I find my accidents and leaks happen mostly in the evening when my bladder is fatigued from holding throughout the day

How long you can hold it, before you start leaking or even have to pee in your panties.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:07 AM, ral said:

Around 2005 I had lots of fun when my wife experienced early stages of menopause.   She had a few small problems with control for a while.

Unfortunately for me after menopause her bladder muscles became very strong and it is now almost like a vault.   No idea if weakness of the sphincter muscles will resume later in life to any significant degree.

I cannot find any material about this subject - menopause leading to temporary mild stress incontinence and what it potentially foretells (if any) later in life.   This information is probably too narrow a subject.  

That's interesting, I'd have expected it to continue to worsen without any surgical intervention, and that she'd probably be pretty much in diapers by now!

On 8/3/2022 at 3:32 AM, CarmenCD said:

How long you can hold it, before you start leaking or even have to pee in your panties.

It depends on the circumstances. When I’m in public, I can usually hold it longer because I’m distracted and not thinking of my bladder and because of the need to avoid public embarrassment. It also depends on what I drink. I’ve noticed that alcohol and coffee usually make me last not as long. Let’s say I’m just sitting at home and I drink a 500mL bottle of water. I can maybe hold it for an hour and a half before it starts getting really bad. Maybe I can push it to 2 hours but I’d literally have to use all the energy and willpower I have

I'm a young male in my 20s who experiences overactive bladder. I am known as a guy always going to the bathroom. Usually I can last a half-hour before I just can't stand it, but other times I can last an hour before really rushing to a bathroom.

On 8/6/2022 at 11:06 PM, Mary127 said:

It depends on the circumstances. When I’m in public, I can usually hold it longer because I’m distracted and not thinking of my bladder and because of the need to avoid public embarrassment. It also depends on what I drink. I’ve noticed that alcohol and coffee usually make me last not as long. Let’s say I’m just sitting at home and I drink a 500mL bottle of water. I can maybe hold it for an hour and a half before it starts getting really bad. Maybe I can push it to 2 hours but I’d literally have to use all the energy and willpower I have

That is much longer than I can hold it. If i drink 500ml of water, I will get an urge to pee in about 30 minutes. I can hold it for 10 or 20 minutes more, but I will start to leak after that and soon also spurt heavily. Enough to get my pants really wet and everyone will know that I wet myself.

On 8/8/2022 at 1:03 PM, CarmenCD said:

That is much longer than I can hold it. If i drink 500ml of water, I will get an urge to pee in about 30 minutes. I can hold it for 10 or 20 minutes more, but I will start to leak after that and soon also spurt heavily. Enough to get my pants really wet and everyone will know that I wet myself.

It used to be like that for me, but it’s gotten better over time

On 7/28/2022 at 5:41 PM, Wetlifter37 said:

(Within reason that is, obviously I don't always enjoy them and sometimes I do wish I had better control).

What does it feel like when you have incontinence? Like do you have a strong urge and can't hold it? Or is it just a slight urge but you leak anyway? Do you try to squeeze your muscles to hold it in but it still comes out?

On 8/18/2022 at 8:04 AM, trekv2 said:

What does it feel like when you have incontinence? Like do you have a strong urge and can't hold it? Or is it just a slight urge but you leak anyway? Do you try to squeeze your muscles to hold it in but it still comes out?

for me it feels like an incredibly powerful urge that is too strong to overcome. If I'm not home or in a place I'd like to wet, I'll try to squeeze my muscles and fight against it, but often times it will come out on its own.  Usually it happens when I'm sitting at like a 5-7/10 urge, nothing crazy but enough that I can certainly feel it, and then out of nowhere the urge will just jump up past 10/10. If I'm able to hold back from leaking it'll die back down to a 5-7 again after a minute or two

1 hour ago, Wetlifter37 said:

for me it feels like an incredibly powerful urge that is too strong to overcome. If I'm not home or in a place I'd like to wet, I'll try to squeeze my muscles and fight against it, but often times it will come out on its own.  Usually it happens when I'm sitting at like a 5-7/10 urge, nothing crazy but enough that I can certainly feel it, and then out of nowhere the urge will just jump up past 10/10. If I'm able to hold back from leaking it'll die back down to a 5-7 again after a minute or two

Oh ok, so like your bladder contracts to push out the pee and you have to fight it and then it goes back to normal after a bit. Is it painful when you get that urge? Or just an intense uncomfortable feeling like when you're normally holding your pee?

4 minutes ago, trekv2 said:

Oh ok, so like your bladder contracts to push out the pee and you have to fight it and then it goes back to normal after a bit. Is it painful when you get that urge? Or just an intense uncomfortable feeling like when you're normally holding your pee?

Once in a while its painful but not usually and not intensely. Usually it just feels like a 10/10 urge, like you're really really really bursting. And yes exactly, overactive bladder is caused by spasms of the muscle that contracts the bladder so when it spasms its trying to release and you have to fight really hard against it

Or, if circumstances permit, just let it flow 🙂