Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The US Supreme Court

2 hours ago, leepee43 said:

I am actually "pro-life".  I simply truly believe that life begins at the moment of conception.  I also believe that all human life is endowed with an eternal soul.  I also believe that each of us will be held accountable for our actions on this earth by a higher power who will judge us.  With that being said, abortion has existed since the dawn of humankind and no law is going to stop it.  Like my Dad said decades ago, "ya can't legislate morals".  It's sad to think that some people have had to make those hard choices in their lives, but I'm a realist and realize that it's always been practiced and always will be practiced.

I don't have a dog in this fight,  as I don't have any children.  But I would hope that I would have concentrated on raising my sons to respect women and take responsibility for their actions.  I'd also hope that I would have raised my daughters to make responsible choices in their lives and the lives of their future children.  What I would NOT have done is to be out there trying to save this fallen world as it is a losing battle.  Abortion is a fact, and "ya just can't legislate morals into existence".

Just my two cents.  No hate here either way.

As I said to the other person, the only way were gonna end this is to talk to other people. Ive heard many pro choicers say you pro lifers dont give a *word i dont like to use* about women. If you dont talk to them and show them that theyre WRONG about that, that you DO care about women, nothing will change. (At least I HOPE you care about women. Thats what Im assuming). You have to listen to pro choicers as well, if they listen to you, you must listen to them. Also dont try to get EVERYTHING you want, try to compromise. Because it seems stuff is only getting more and more aaaaannnddd mmmmoooorrrreeee AAAAANNNNDDD MMMOOORRREEE violent. Jan 6th? Antifa? Russia attacking Ukraine? Taliban attacking Afghanistan? (Tried to give examples of both right and left being violent to be independent) This is what happens when people REFUSE to talk to eachother and make compromises. 

For me? I feel like I'm just causing more hate than compromising and peace. I feel like sitting back and eating nachoes and just saying "screw america, let yourselves destroy eachother!" Because no one seems to wanna listen to me. On EITHER side. Republicans call me a demented liberal, democrats call me a cult member, all I'm asking is for y'all talk to opposing views calmly and without name calling. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those of you who have been following the recent decisions of the US supreme court, I thought it might be nice to have a topic where people could vent, post questions, or share concerns. I, fo

Based America Glad to see you are finally fixing your laws so they match the constitution. Maybe Biden should have thought twice about being racist to Clarence Thomas in the past.

I especially liked Reagan for selling crack in the inner cities to fund terrorism, along with everything else he did to try and end the LGBT menace before they started by no-selling aids as a fairy ta

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Lisk said:

D - Democracy🤣!

To be fair, I've seen some republicans that dont listen to anyone who disagree with them either. Im not trying to start anything but Ill say what it was I disagreed with them on, please dont argue with me about it,

Donald Trump. Not getting any more specific but you probably know what I'm talking about.

They REFUSED to click on any links I showed, read anything I said, look at any videos that DONALD TRUMP made that I shared, or even content by former republicans that disliked Trump. So its not just democrats that refuse. Im only saying this to keep it fair. Im strong independent. 

3 hours ago, EmbarrassingSe said:

To be fair, I've seen some republicans that dont listen to anyone who disagree with them either.

And that's also not very nyo. It's the opposite of that. When people refuse to listen to each other, they'll eventually come to blows.

Speaking of Trump, from outside perspective he wasn't that bad - at least he didn't start any new wars. If he handled the covid situation better, he'd be an acceptable president, especially given the alternative. Bernie would've been the best, but eh.

57 minutes ago, kittyearsamy said:

Inflation and "gas" prices are super high here in Europe too, don't blame Joe Biden for that ok?

Indeed, the thing that caused gas prices to skyrocket was the decision to shift from long-term contracts with a proven and responsible supplier to spot prices, followed by series of misdecisions. There's an easy solution to this crisis, but it requires making a viable deal with the Demon King, and peninsula is not a decision maker.

I think the fact that Trump tried to overthrow an election pretty much disqualifies him from being regarded as "not that bad" from any rational perspective, but I will say most people in Europe hated him even before that, especially because he started a trade war and it put the price of a lot of things up, like video games and stuff.

Edited by kittyearsamy (see edit history)
3 hours ago, Lisk said:

And that's also not very nyo. It's the opposite of that. When people refuse to listen to each other, they'll eventually come to blows.

Speaking of Trump, from outside perspective he wasn't that bad - at least he didn't start any new wars. If he handled the covid situation better, he'd be an acceptable president, especially given the alternative. Bernie would've been the best, but eh.

Indeed, the thing that caused gas prices to skyrocket was the decision to shift from long-term contracts with a proven and responsible supplier to spot prices, followed by series of misdecisions. There's an easy solution to this crisis, but it requires making a viable deal with the Demon King, and peninsula is not a decision maker.

Anyone who says "Drumpf wasn't that bad" is someone who cannot be taken remotely seriously, he was terrible, and he laid the groundwork for the Russian invasion of Ukraine so i'd argue he kinda did start that war.

There is NO circumstance where someone who started off his campaign by calling ALL mexicans "rapists"(and attacking a Gold Star family and mocking a disabled reporter, really I could go on and on of examples of him being the worst but if I did i'd here all day) would EVER be an "acceptable" president.

Edited by LifeIsStrange (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Lisk said:

Do elaborate please. I'm very interested in seeing your opinion on that topic.

He withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in aid for defense unless Zelensky agreed to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter(all of that "but his laptop! nonsense the GQP is banging on about is a big nothingburger just like Benghazi)how a president of a foreign country would even be capable of doing such a thing is beyond me. Many experts agreed that this(along with Trump confusing to condemn Putin for his crimes and in fact getting all chummy with him in several private meetings) severely weakened Ukraine's position in the eyes of Russia and Putin. Thus embolding the Russians and making them more confident that they could get away with invading without much in the way of consequences.  More info here:https://www.npr.org/2022/03/08/1085023029/russias-invasion-puts-a-new-light-on-trumps-ukraine-pressure-campaign

10 hours ago, LifeIsStrange said:

He withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in aid for defense unless Zelensky agreed to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter(all of that "but his laptop! nonsense the GQP is banging on about is a big nothingburger just like Benghazi)how a president of a foreign country would even be capable of doing such a thing is beyond me. Many experts agreed that this(along with Trump confusing to condemn Putin for his crimes and in fact getting all chummy with him in several private meetings) severely weakened Ukraine's position in the eyes of Russia and Putin. Thus embolding the Russians and making them more confident that they could get away with invading without much in the way of consequences.  More info here:https://www.npr.org/2022/03/08/1085023029/russias-invasion-puts-a-new-light-on-trumps-ukraine-pressure-campaign

Oh, so it's just a case of "blame everything on the guy before you". I see. I could ask why it took Russians this long to attack if Trump was okay with that. But I wouldn't, as this situation has nothing to do with Trump, or Biden (if anything, the groundwork was laid during obamic arc, and the precedent was set in 1999). There's a very specific reason why the active stage began exactly when it began, and not a year before or later (new toys could have been tested and advertised on prodemocratic terrorists in Syria, nobody cares about them anymore, as it's not the Current Thing). But Tentacool is right, enough derailing, this could be a separate thread.

15 minutes ago, Lisk said:

Oh, so it's just a case of "blame everything on the guy before you". I see. I could ask why it took Russians this long to attack if Trump was okay with that. But I wouldn't, as this situation has nothing to do with Trump, or Biden (if anything, the groundwork was laid during obamic arc, and the precedent was set in 1999). There's a very specific reason why the active stage began exactly when it began, and not a year before or later (new toys could have been tested and advertised on prodemocratic terrorists in Syria, nobody cares about them anymore, as it's not the Current Thing). But Tentacool is right, enough derailing, this could be a separate thread.

It's not "blaming" it's a fact. The Russians didn't attack while Drumpf was in office because Putin was all chummy with agent orange and deliberately waited until someone else was in office(Because Russia invading Ukraine during his presidency would make Cadet Bone Spurs look bad and mean he would be less likely to do favors for Putin)I have a difficult time envisioning a scenario where Russia still invaded Ukraine if we'd had someone competent in charge from 2016-2020

To the others on here I apologize for the derailing and i'll try to keep my posts related to the original topic from now on.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:53 AM, LifeIsStrange said:

Anyone who says "Drumpf wasn't that bad" is someone who cannot be taken remotely seriously, he was terrible, and he laid the groundwork for the Russian invasion of Ukraine so i'd argue he kinda did start that war.

There is NO circumstance where someone who started off his campaign by calling ALL mexicans "rapists"(and attacking a Gold Star family and mocking a disabled reporter, really I could go on and on of examples of him being the worst but if I did i'd here all day) would EVER be an "acceptable" president.

I'm sorry, I want to avoid any sort of political things on this forum but your comment's really funny to me.

If you were citing modern events as to why Trump sucks I would be able to support you, but you're literally using some examples from 2015-2016 that were absolutely debunked. I didn't even know people still try to call him Drumpf

26 minutes ago, TimmyTrihard69 said:

I'm sorry, I want to avoid any sort of political things on this forum but your comment's really funny to me.

If you were citing modern events as to why Trump sucks I would be able to support you, but you're literally using some examples from 2015-2016 that were absolutely debunked. I didn't even know people still try to call him Drumpf

No they were most definitely not debunked at all, I wasn't using modern events because I was specifically responding to another user who asked about how he-who-must-not-be-named laid the groundwork for the Russian invasion of Ukraine and I explained it. I find your comment really funny when you claim it's been "debunked" and expect other people on here to take just take your word for it without you giving any specific examples whatsoever, debunked by who? Faux News? Newsmax? Joe Rogan?  Explain yourself.

Drumpf was the family's original last name as they originated from Germany.

10 minutes ago, LifeIsStrange said:

No they were most definitely not debunked at all, I wasn't using modern events because I was specifically responding to another user who asked about how he-who-must-not-be-named laid the groundwork for the Russian invasion of Ukraine and I explained it. I find your comment really funny when you claim it's been "debunked" and expect other people on here to take just take your word for it without you giving any specific examples whatsoever, debunked by who? Faux News? Newsmax? Joe Rogan?  Explain yourself.

Drumpf was the family's original last name as they originated from Germany.

Aww my first downvote 🙂

Drumpf is the family name, I'm just shocked people are still trying to use that against him.

It's been debunked because the video is widely available on the Internet of Trump talking about the immigration thing. And before I even say anything about it, I want basically an open borders policy, or at least support for refugees.

Trump said, and I quote, "They're not sending their best... They're sending people that have lots of problems"

I'm still not sure how 6 years later this is still viewed as him saying "every Mexican is a r*pist, murderer, or thief". He's literally not doing that.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the US intervened in the Ukrainian election, DURING the Obama administration. Which is the same thing he and the presidents before him tried doing in the Middle East, and it's also one of the reasons Putin was citing his aggression towards Ukraine if I'm not mistaken. If you think Trump was a bad president you also have to understand that we have not had a good president in a long time.

1 hour ago, TimmyTrihard69 said:

Aww my first downvote 🙂

Drumpf is the family name, I'm just shocked people are still trying to use that against him.

It's been debunked because the video is widely available on the Internet of Trump talking about the immigration thing. And before I even say anything about it, I want basically an open borders policy, or at least support for refugees.

Trump said, and I quote, "They're not sending their best... They're sending people that have lots of problems"

I'm still not sure how 6 years later this is still viewed as him saying "every Mexican is a r*pist, murderer, or thief". He's literally not doing that.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the US intervened in the Ukrainian election, DURING the Obama administration. Which is the same thing he and the presidents before him tried doing in the Middle East, and it's also one of the reasons Putin was citing his aggression towards Ukraine if I'm not mistaken. If you think Trump was a bad president you also have to understand that we have not had a good president in a long time.

I hope you're not saying Putin's aggression towards Ukraine was in any way justified.  Agent orange WAS a bad president even by our standards. I'm not sure how that's even up for debate, Obama was objectively a far better president, even Bush for as much as I disliked him in office looks like JFK next to Dunce.

Even in context the quote is still pretty xenophobic so I disagree on it being debunked.

What video?  You know the old saying "show, don't tell".

I'm going to try and keep my word about staying on topic now so I think it's best if I try not to post on this thread anymore.

11 minutes ago, LifeIsStrange said:

I hope you're not saying Putin's aggression towards Ukraine was in any way justified.  Agent orange WAS a bad president even by our standards. I'm not sure how that's even up for debate, Obama was objectively a far better president, even Bush for as much as I disliked him in office looks like JFK next to Dunce.

Even in context the quote is still pretty xenophobic so I disagree on it being debunked.

What video?  You know the old saying "show, don't tell".

I'm going to try and keep my word about staying on topic now so I think it's best if I don't post on this thread anymore.

https://youtu.be/Jaz1J0s-cL4

I am mostly Ukrainian by blood, so I would never say anything like that even if I believed it, which I don't. Putin's violence is not justified or even really warranted. I'm just saying the US's intervention in Ukrainian politics is supposedly one of the reasons he became so aggressive.

And I'm not really sure I agree that the real quote is xenophobic. It's definitely got some prejudice in there, and he could've said it a lot better than he did, but he definitely was not just straight up attacking Mexicans like people think he was.

Lmao I love that I'm defending him and I haven't even really cared for him in years. It just feels like your hatred for him is rooted in the wrong things.

I also fundamentally disagree that Trump was a bad president. If Obama was good, so was Trump. Obama was the one who "put kids in cages" as people like to pin on Trump. Obama ordered countless drone strikes and really amplified terrorism/the problems in the middle East, especially when civilians were killed.

Really the biggest thing Obama had going for him was legalizing same-sex marriage (which is an absolute win, don't get me wrong) but didn't really have many more standout achievements other than that. Terrorism was huge, we interfered in the Ukrainian election which was a catalyst to what's happening now, immigrant children were removed from their parents, "affordable" healthcare left a lot of people without help.

Also it's worth mentioning that I'm not affiliated with the Republican party/conservatives and I haven't been for years. I just like calling people out on both sides bc politics are so dumb. Nobody is ever right

3 hours ago, TimmyTrihard69 said:

https://youtu.be/Jaz1J0s-cL4

I am mostly Ukrainian by blood, so I would never say anything like that even if I believed it, which I don't. Putin's violence is not justified or even really warranted. I'm just saying the US's intervention in Ukrainian politics is supposedly one of the reasons he became so aggressive.

And I'm not really sure I agree that the real quote is xenophobic. It's definitely got some prejudice in there, and he could've said it a lot better than he did, but he definitely was not just straight up attacking Mexicans like people think he was.

Lmao I love that I'm defending him and I haven't even really cared for him in years. It just feels like your hatred for him is rooted in the wrong things.

I also fundamentally disagree that Trump was a bad president. If Obama was good, so was Trump. Obama was the one who "put kids in cages" as people like to pin on Trump. Obama ordered countless drone strikes and really amplified terrorism/the problems in the middle East, especially when civilians were killed.

Really the biggest thing Obama had going for him was legalizing same-sex marriage (which is an absolute win, don't get me wrong) but didn't really have many more standout achievements other than that. Terrorism was huge, we interfered in the Ukrainian election which was a catalyst to what's happening now, immigrant children were removed from their parents, "affordable" healthcare left a lot of people without help.

Also it's worth mentioning that I'm not affiliated with the Republican party/conservatives and I haven't been for years. I just like calling people out on both sides bc politics are so dumb. Nobody is ever right

Obama stopped H1N1 from becoming as bad as it could've been, that right there is proof enough he's FAR better then Dunce ever was. My hatred for him is rooted in him being a genuinely awful human being(oh and a rapist, let's not forget that little detail), the fact that you think this is all hilarious shows how seriously messed-up your worldview is. I for one don't find it funny how he riled up that crowd on Jan 6th and just sat and back and let it happen(not even caring if Pence got killed by the mob or not).

The whole "Obama started the kids in cages" thing is a myth:https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-democratic-national-convention-ap-fact-check-immigration-politics-2663c84832a13cdd7a8233becfc7a5f3

The ACA was in fact a big deal and helped out a lot of people like myself who wouldn't have health insurance right now if it wasn't for that.

If you genuinely think Drumpf wasn't a bad president then I don't know what else to tell you and I see no reason to continue interacting with you any longer.

30 minutes ago, Anathema said:

bigot

bĭg′ət

noun

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

In case this is aimed at me I will say I don't hate ALL republicans, just those who are firmly on the Trump bandwagon and refuse to see reason. Right now I have a lot of respect for Liz Cheney and Adam Kirzinger, can't be easy to go against the majority of your party like that. I also could have lived just fine with Romney or McCain being president(if the latter had a different running mate then Palin anyways) and I do believe Nixon, Reagan and Bush Sr did a lot of good(and Bush Jr had his moments too admittedly).  It's this new breed of far-right extremist Republicans like DeSantis that i'm wary of.

Now in an attempt to steer this thread back on topic i'd like to bring up how the GOP are now going after IVF. i'd love to see the pro-life crowd try and defend going after a method of helping people actually give birth:https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2022/06/in-vitro-fertilization-after-roe-v-wade-dismantling/

5 minutes ago, Anathema said:

What exactly would make you think my statement was aimed at you?

Because i've come across people on Reddit and other places who have said that criticizing the GOP makes them a bigot so I thought your post might've been talking about me.

If your post wasn't aimed at me then my apologies, I just felt it necessary to clear the air so to speak just in case.