Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale (28M) Desperate like Jill

Inspired by the famous tales of @DesperateJill and the discussion we had in the thread here about male vs. female holding abilities, I’ve decided to take a page out of Jill’s book and put my bladder through its paces by replicating one of her days on the job site without bathroom access.

My plan will be to empty my bladder, then hold my pee for 8 hours while drinking regularly but minimally — just enough to avoid getting thirsty. Meanwhile, I’ll check in as regularly as my work day allows to give status updates.

Wish me luck (or not)! I guess we’ll finally see how our bladders compare!

Okay, I’m peeing now, then I’ll go again in about 15 minutes to make sure I’m empty. After that, it’s no bathroom breaks for 8 hours!

15 minutes in — definitely not feeling anything this early, but I am pretty thirsty, so I’m having a few swigs from my water bottle. I guess we’ll see how things progress from here. I’m more accustomed to rapid bladder filling by drinking liters over a short span of time, so I’m not entirely sure what to expect playing “the long game.”

24 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@BladderChamp

"It’s been 3 hours and still I’m feeling just fine. Gonna finish off this water bottle soon, since I’m pretty thirsty."

By three hours I normally have to go pretty noticeably bad so you must have a very high bladder capacity, but I'm guessing from your screen name that is probably the case!

It’s pretty big but certainly outclassed by some of the top-notch holders on this site!

You may just have a fairly small bladder if you’re feeling like you need to pee this early on in the day lol 

4 hours in, which is the halfway point. I’m barely just feeling the first signs of my bladder filling, but I definitely do not need to pee. I do need to refill my water though — I finished my water bottle and I’m thirsty again. Trying to drink regularly, but only enough to quench my thirst.

At this rate, holding on for the rest of the day should be no problem!

@BladderChamp

"You may just have a fairly small bladder if you’re feeling like you need to pee this early on in the day lol"

I have come to realize that what I have is a sensitive bladder rather than a small one. I can hold on for a long time but I feel it pretty much the whole time starting fairly early on. But going back to the thread that inspired this I do think that that's an important distinction, as that study showed that it seemed as though women felt the urge sooner and were more sensitive to it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the bladder is smaller, just that you are more aware of it sooner when it's filling and I think that's an important distinction.

23 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@BladderChamp

"You may just have a fairly small bladder if you’re feeling like you need to pee this early on in the day lol"

I have come to realize that what I have is a sensitive bladder rather than a small one. I can hold on for a long time but I feel it pretty much the whole time starting fairly early on. But going back to the thread that inspired this I do think that that's an important distinction, as that study showed that it seemed as though women felt the urge sooner and were more sensitive to it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the bladder is smaller, just that you are more aware of it sooner when it's filling and I think that's an important distinction.

That’s a good point. To that end, have you ever measured your bladder capacity?

Okay, at 5 hours in, my bladder is definitely noticeable constantly. Again, I don’t need to pee but if I went to the bathroom I could go. I’d call it about a 3 on a 1-10 scale. It’s a full reminder that I haven’t peed in 5 hours, but not urgent at all. Holding it for several more hours should be no problem at all.

I’m going to drink some more water.

6.5 hours in and I do feel a constant, full sensation in my bladder. Still at about a 3 or 4 out of 10. I’ve had a total of 750ml of water since I began, but I’ll probably have more soon since that’s not all that much.

I’ll hold it for another hour and a half to round out the full 8-hour day, then see how long it takes after that before I need to pee.

Well, that’ll do it. It’s been about 8.5 hours and I decided to pee so I can go take care of some other stuff without being too uncomfortable.

Ultimately, I was only at about a 5/10 in terms of desperation and I ended up peeing into my water bottle, filling it, then peeing a bit more. Altogether, I was probably holding around 600ml by the time I relieved myself, so not a huge volume. Honestly, it would have been manageable to go on like that for a few more hours, even continuing to drink at the same rate.

Congratulations the on completing your hold that I  inspired, if you are only at a five on the desperation scale after 8 and a half hours it's pretty clear that you have a much larger bladder than me, because I am usually at that before I'm even at three hours and by the time I am done after six or seven hours I am definitely at a 10 for a long time by that time.

56 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

Congratulations the on completing your hold that I  inspired, if you are only at a five on the desperation scale after 8 and a half hours it's pretty clear that you have a much larger bladder than me, because I am usually at that before I'm even at three hours and by the time I am done after six or seven hours I am definitely at a 10 for a long time by that time.

lol if you and your female coworkers were having that much difficulty holding your pee after drinking just that much then you gals must have small bladders indeed — no offense!

However like I said, it may be a more fair comparison if I simply drink enough to get to that 5/10 level to approximate where you’d be after 3 hours on the job and then proceed from there for a real challenge to see if I could hold out the rest of the day.

9 hours ago, Kiwi_Rebecca_C said:

So I just use the bathroom in the morning, go to work (I have an 8 hour day), and make sure that I'm well hydrated throughout and see how I do? Sounds good! I will do that tomorrow and report back 🙂 . Sometimes I need to pee at work and sometimes I don't so will see how it goes

That’s basically it! Jill told me she would drink enough throughout the day just to avoid becoming thirsty, which would be about 750ml for her (or less). From my experience yesterday, that’s a minuscule amount and barely registers in my bladder by the end of the day, so I plan to try again with more intake.

Alright I did it! I did need to pee by the end for sure but not dangerously so and still managed to walk home. I usually do this anyways on most days but having more water today did make it uncomfortable. Sitting at my desk is all fun and games, but the scariest part of the day was around 2:30 (I get off at 3:45) when I had to go talk to a couple people and then go find something down in storage with them. I don't think they noticed but I had to work hard not to show it 🙂 

11 hours ago, Kiwi_Rebecca_C said:

Alright I did it! I did need to pee by the end for sure but not dangerously so and still managed to walk home. I usually do this anyways on most days but having more water today did make it uncomfortable. Sitting at my desk is all fun and games, but the scariest part of the day was around 2:30 (I get off at 3:45) when I had to go talk to a couple people and then go find something down in storage with them. I don't think they noticed but I had to work hard not to show it 🙂 

Great job! How long were you holding it and how much did you end up drinking in that span of time?