Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female The M.U.R.I Complex

THE MURI COMPLEX IS AN INTERACTIVE STORY, FEEL FREE TO READ THE CONTEXT & PARTICIPATION STANDARD. PLEASE READ RED TEXT.

The MURI Complex, (Manhattan Urinary Research Institute) Is a scientific complex meant to study all forms of urology. It was founded in 1899, and persists to this day, and beyond.

You, are a, intern in the female retention wing library tasked with reviewing tapes from past subjects' participation in the MURI volunteer urine retention program. Let’s get you used to your position.

MURI V.U.R.P.

The MURI V.U.R.P. has existed as long as MURI itself has. It is a program where volunteers reside on the MURI campus for a month, and are consensually recorded as they go about their day. It is to be noted that the MURI campus has no restroom facilities. No, not for employees either, good luck. 

The tapes are all in era appropriate formats, and you are supplied with a device that is capable of reading each format in high quality. Each tape is in a small cardboard sleeve that houses both the tape, and a paper listing the subject’s statistics, and the date of the tape. Example:

[Jane Doe] [20] [11/11/2111]

[Subject height]

[Waist unencumbered] (Empty bladder)

[Waist encumbered] (Fullest bladder)

[Longest retention]

[Largest retention]

Your job is to simply watch the tapes, and preserve or dispose of them if needed.

Female V.U.R.P. Tape Library

This 10 square mile underground facility underneath the MURI campus housing the over 200 years of our V.U.R.P. tapes. It’s only about 30% full right now, with about 120,000 total recordings, and you are tasked with making sure that each tape is properly accounted for and sorted neatly.

The library has 3340 shelves, each 5 feet apart. They are 20 feet high and each shelf is 3.16 miles long. The tapes are sorted in chronological order.

Please turn the page for the continued employee guide.

Please read this!

If you would like to fill out a form to add your own character, please see the attatched image. image.png.7f8a5bed6b345b7f9291b7fc3e3a0239.png

Heavy VHS deterioration fills the screen for a few seconds, the interference soon clears out to show a logo for the MURI, -Manhattan Urinary Research Institute-, the screen continues to a slide showing the subject’s name, age, and some general statistics.

12/4/1990
Laney A. Jones
6’0
Diameter unencumbered: 24 inches
Diameter fully encumbered: 29 inches
Longest retention: 14 hours 24 minutes 56 seconds
Largest retention: 697ml

It then cuts to a white concrete room.

A tall brunette woman with waist length curly hair stood there, a slight nervous smile. She is wearing A short, light blue sundress. She waves at the camera, and rocks back and forward on her heels and toes with her hands clasped behind her back. A small clock at the bottom corner of the screen reads the time. 05:38, Another smaller clock besides it reads 08:36:45, and counts upwards by the second, this clock is clearly a timer of sorts.

“Good morning, Laney, how was your rest last night?” A female voice asks from the intercom.

The lady continues to rock, now with her waist assisting her shift her weight. “I was quite restless. I am a light sleeper, and the sudden lack of bathrooms proved to be an issue when I tried to doze off.”

“Why was the lack of bathrooms an issue?”

“Well, because I think, around 3 in the morning, I woke up and I needed to relieve myself.”

“Okay, how much did you need to relieve yourself when you awoke?”

The woman brings one hand from behind her back and waves it side to side in a “eh” motion. Her sundress moves enough from the swaying to reveal that her other hand was being used to press against her panties, most likely to block her urethra. “I wouldn’t say it was urgent, but it wasn’t something I wanted to put off.”

“And you did anyway?” 

“I had no choice.”

“That’s true.”

Silence fills the room.

“Do you need anything from us, Miss Jones?”

“Ironically, I am very thirsty. May I have something to drink?”

“Certainly.”

The camera cuts out, heavy VHS deterioration fills the screen before a picture of the same woman shows back up. The timer now reading 13:45:11. The woman is now pacing and dancing frantically, unable to stop for even a second, and her hands firmly planted in her crotch.

“You have decided to ring us again? Why?”

“I think it’s been more than half a day since I last went.”

“Okay.”

“I really need to go.” 

“That is evident”

She continues to dance around, she is audibly whimpering, and occasionally gasping as she struggles to hold herself shut.

“It hurts, a lot.” She mentioned.

“Aching? Or stinging?”

“Both, and more.” She complained.

“Could you please turn to the side, and pull your dress back like last time?”

The woman complies, and pulls her dress, revealing that her stomach was gravely bloated. Her bladder was certainly reaching its limit.

“Okay, you may stop. Keep holding it, and let us know when you feel like you are reaching your limit. Remember to try and hold it as long as you possibly can, this is for scientific research.”

The woman nods, and the picture quickly fades away. After a few seconds of darkness with a slight humming, the image returns to a still image of the Laney sitting on the ground surrounded by a puddle. It cuts to a top down camera view that shows the same scene from above, text faded in, reading the following in a bold white plain font;
Length of retention: 13 hours 35 minutes 12 seconds
Size of retention: 621ml

The screen is filled with static, then a blue screen, signifying the end of the tape.

Edited by Mariomo
Just setting things up for my interactive story! (again) [Changed image] (see edit history)