Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Reactions of Others When Someone Wets Themselves

I've noticed this in a lot of videos online: Someone will wet themselves and the people around that person will literally start screaming, laughing hysterically, or start asking a lot of invasive questions about it. 

Now, a lot of times this is in the context of drinking or college parties/spring break, but not always. 

The reaction just seems so intense? 

There is not as much of an "ew, that's gross" reaction as there would be with other bodily fluids. 

I have to wonder if maybe it feels more relatable somehow, or if it's exciting in a taboo way like the way some people like to skinny dip with big groups of friends, or something else. 

And I mean, for many people here, if we were to witness a wetting, the intensity would be all internal and we'd be trying to discreetly help the other person/make them feel less bad about it. (Oh dang is that gonna make me more obvious? Lol.) Kidding on that front because having an accident when you really don't want to can be embarrassing and I really would wanna help the person. 

Just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this lol 

This is just my personal opinion,  but if someone has the misfortune to have any kind of bathroom accident in  public, we should be understanding and try not to make the person feel any worse. Not everyone who wets themselves in a public place is into omorashi and I would never assume someone was. I also think it's highly disrespectful to video tape a person who has had an accident without their consent. I also feel sad that so many people have been abused or bullied for having accidents. Even though I love omo and nothing is more fun than a nice relaxing wetting, I would be absolutely mortified if I peed myself in public. The last thing I would want would be for someone to ask me awkward   questions about it or worse video tape me, it would be even worse if a perfect stranger approached me and drew attention to me. The way I see it is, if someone you know has a public accident try to help and don't allow others to bully them. If you see a perfect stranger have a public accident, either leave them alone or quietly and calmly offer to help if no one else tried to help them or they were being laughed at or mistreated. I would never want to make someone feel worse, but if I saw someone being bullied for having a public accident I would give the guilty parties a large piece of my mind. I've just read too many stories on sites like this written by people who were abused or laughed at for having accidents and it isn't right that people think that kind of thing is okay.

While some might laugh or tease  the person who wet themselves especially if they are younger adults or teenagers. However, many people just pretend not to notice.

I had a personal experience about a year ago. I am much older than most of you (70). Last fall I went walking on a rail trail with a group of middle age - older adults. I had been experiencing some medical incontinence issues. Not long into the walk I felt a slight to moderate urge to go, despite having peed recently. Although slightly concerned because of my recent issues, I knew there was a port-a potty about 15 minutes ahead. However, as we drew closer my urge to pee became much stronger. I walked directly to the port-a potty, but as I got close I started peeing in my pants uncontrollably.  I kept wetting my pants until I was able to unzip and let go. I had a obvious softball sized wet spot in the front of my pants, with no way to cover it. We still had to walk back to our starting point. I had no option but to return to the group. Despite it being evident what happened, with my rushing to the toilet and coming out with wet pants, nobody said a word or seemed to even notice. I was hyper-aware of people seeing my accident but didn't even see a downward glance.

1 hour ago, wettingman said:

While some might laugh or tease  the person who wet themselves especially if they are younger adults or teenagers. However, many people just pretend not to notice.

I don't have a lot of personal experience with this, but I am fairly certain that the overwhelming majority of people would react to an accident by just pretending not to notice, either because of their own discomfort or because they don't want to be assholes to random strangers.

In my fantasies, I love the idea of people reacting to one another's accidents by openly laughing and calling each other babies, but that largely stems from the kinds of expectations I would have expected as a child, from fellow children. Adults have more social tact than that.

16 hours ago, Alias Unknown said:

Speaking from experience I dont get those reactions. Majority of the time when I wet myself around others its mostly either just glances, gasps or light giggles. 

True, most of the time people try to hide their reactions or pretend that they didn't notice your wet clothes or small wetting. But big full wetting accident it's hard to not notice and than people do something. Either they say something or just "run away", so they don't have to deal with the situation. Strongest reactions you usually get from people you know (friends, etc) or teens and drunk people.

On 6/8/2022 at 4:13 AM, CarmenCD said:

From my experience, all kind of reactions are possible. From laughter, teasing, disgust sympathy and actual concern for your well being up to bullying. Friends usually tease me or ask if I'm ok, strangers might show sympathy, laugh or show their disgust for what I done. Sometimes I get bullied too.

Yeah, that makes more sense that there would be a wider variety of reactions. I haven't had this experience as an adult but kind of wondered if the sort of intense reactions in college party videos were the result of the partying, drinking, etc. I'm glad not everyone is cruel about it but I'm sorry that you've had to deal with bullying and other mean reactions. 

20 hours ago, MaleOmoFan94 said:

This is just my personal opinion,  but if someone has the misfortune to have any kind of bathroom accident in  public, we should be understanding and try not to make the person feel any worse. Not everyone who wets themselves in a public place is into omorashi and I would never assume someone was. I also think it's highly disrespectful to video tape a person who has had an accident without their consent. I also feel sad that so many people have been abused or bullied for having accidents. Even though I love omo and nothing is more fun than a nice relaxing wetting, I would be absolutely mortified if I peed myself in public. The last thing I would want would be for someone to ask me awkward   questions about it or worse video tape me, it would be even worse if a perfect stranger approached me and drew attention to me. The way I see it is, if someone you know has a public accident try to help and don't allow others to bully them. If you see a perfect stranger have a public accident, either leave them alone or quietly and calmly offer to help if no one else tried to help them or they were being laughed at or mistreated. I would never want to make someone feel worse, but if I saw someone being bullied for having a public accident I would give the guilty parties a large piece of my mind. I've just read too many stories on sites like this written by people who were abused or laughed at for having accidents and it isn't right that people think that kind of thing is okay.

I agree with you 100%. I haven't had the experience as an adult, of another adult wetting in front of me, but my first instinct would be either to help them if it was someone I was with, or look the other way. As much as I enjoy the sort of slight embarrassment/comforting in fantasy and reading, I could never enjoy it IRL if the other person was distressed. I think that's a case with a lot of kinks or a lot of people; there might be more socially taboo aspects that are enjoyable but only played at in a private and consensual setting. 

Oh yeah if it's a video being recorded and posted without their consent, that's 100% not okay. I was moreso referring to the videos where the people are partying/laughing/joking around or if they are telling the story later and cutting back to video of a party; there's people who definitely have a sense of humor about these sorts of things or view it as part of a "crazy night" but aren't bothered by it. 

I've read multiple stories on here as well about people being shamed, punished, bullied, etc. for accidentally wetting themselves and it honestly breaks my heart. Like, you're really going to make someone feel awful for something they couldn't help? I had wetting accidents a few times after I was potty trained and my parents were always frustrated/angered by it. I remember receiving less frustration/anger from my parents for pretty much every other unintentional bodily function, but I'm not sure if that's the norm or not. (It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, because as someone who has had to clean up bodily functions at a previous job I had, pee is the easiest to clean and the least smelly by far.)

16 hours ago, TensaZangetsu said:

Yeah, it kinda seems like an open book kind of thing. Any number of reactions are possible. From completely grossed out to people who will just turn the other cheek and not even seem to notice. It just all depends on the public setting really. 

You're right, I think setting definitely makes a difference. I've heard people recount stories of wetting themselves at or on the way to concerts so maybe that's a setting with less of a strong reaction. It probably also depends how crowded or busy the setting is. People are more likely to not even notice if they're focused on something else. 

3 hours ago, ControlFreak said:

I don't have a lot of personal experience with this, but I am fairly certain that the overwhelming majority of people would react to an accident by just pretending not to notice, either because of their own discomfort or because they don't want to be assholes to random strangers.

In my fantasies, I love the idea of people reacting to one another's accidents by openly laughing and calling each other babies, but that largely stems from the kinds of expectations I would have expected as a child, from fellow children. Adults have more social tact than that.

These are good points; I don't have a lot of experience either but yeah I think it would make more sense that people would pretend not to notice. (A party-type setting would be different but in every day public settings, people are probably more focused on themselves). 

And yeah adults would have more tact than that (but I fully support if they want to have fantasies/tease and name call their partner in private as part of their play lol). 

31 minutes ago, petitewonder said:

I agree with you 100%. I haven't had the experience as an adult, of another adult wetting in front of me, but my first instinct would be either to help them if it was someone I was with, or look the other way. As much as I enjoy the sort of slight embarrassment/comforting in fantasy and reading, I could never enjoy it IRL if the other person was distressed. I think that's a case with a lot of kinks or a lot of people; there might be more socially taboo aspects that are enjoyable but only played at in a private and consensual setting. 

Oh yeah if it's a video being recorded and posted without their consent, that's 100% not okay. I was moreso referring to the videos where the people are partying/laughing/joking around or if they are telling the story later and cutting back to video of a party; there's people who definitely have a sense of humor about these sorts of things or view it as part of a "crazy night" but aren't bothered by it. 

I've read multiple stories on here as well about people being shamed, punished, bullied, etc. for accidentally wetting themselves and it honestly breaks my heart. Like, you're really going to make someone feel awful for something they couldn't help? I had wetting accidents a few times after I was potty trained and my parents were always frustrated/angered by it. I remember receiving less frustration/anger from my parents for pretty much every other unintentional bodily function, but I'm not sure if that's the norm or not. (It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, because as someone who has had to clean up bodily functions at a previous job I had, pee is the easiest to clean and the least smelly by far.)

You're right, I think setting definitely makes a difference. I've heard people recount stories of wetting themselves at or on the way to concerts so maybe that's a setting with less of a strong reaction. It probably also depends how crowded or busy the setting is. People are more likely to not even notice if they're focused on something else. 

I feel like people who never had an accident just think that someone should be able to hold it practically forever 

32 minutes ago, petitewonder said:

Right?!?! I've noticed this often seems to be the expectation or "you're old enough, you should be able to hold it." I have no idea how some people go on super long road trips with no stops or needing to go. 

Seriously! I pee every 90 minutes max. I had an ex gf who was always dehydrated, pissing straight yellow. She had gotten use to not drinking because certain authorities would never let her pee. It’s like, why don’t you try to hold your breathe for 3 minutes and then talk about how easy it is to over -ride physiological processes. 

Personally, I'd prefer if people just ignored me entirely when it happens. Just pretend they saw nothing. Usually with complete strangers this is what happens.

In a work environment, its usually sympathy while in school it has always been teasing and bullying.

I think thats the mostly expected and predictable responses from people although it always varies.

18 hours ago, April Nine said:

Personally, I'd prefer if people just ignored me entirely when it happens. Just pretend they saw nothing. Usually with complete strangers this is what happens.

In a work environment, its usually sympathy while in school it has always been teasing and bullying.

I think thats the mostly expected and predictable responses from people although it always varies.

Well yeah, adults will generally be more respectful (at least in a face-to-face context, even if people might well go home and have a laugh with their partner about the woman who wet herself in the office...) whereas teenagers are likely to obviously take a less mature attitude to it.

Obviously, as we know, there are a sizeable minority who would find a public adult wetting accident a turn-on, and not just those of us who actively admit to it!

Growing up with siblings I was always the one wetting the bed or otherwise wetting myself in some other way. 
My dad would shout at me and call me broken. My siblings (except one sister) would tease me, mostly harmlessly but sometimes it would feel cruel. 
My mum always was calm, comforting and helpful. 

Any reaction is possible but except for my mum, some kind strangers, my current boyfriend and one of my sisters I have mostly only seen bad reactions. 

To switch the question around, what reactions would you actually want?

Out in public I think that I would prefer that no one noticed if I accidentally peed my pants, although a few sympathetic looks from some attractive young ladies would be nice.

I sort of had this once. Travelling home from a night out on a very slow train with a female friend I was absolutely busting and started squirting by the time that we got to our stop. Worse still my trousers really showed up the wet patch and I was still jiggling. She looked down at me and said "oh, you need the toilet" then sort of pouted.

In a fetish club situation where omo play was acceptable I'd hope to be approached by a few attractive young ladies with comments like "oh, you wet your pants" then maybe a hand would be placed on my wet crotch. Of course the interaction would continue.

For my favourite scenario, wetting in a school role-play event, a bit of humiliation please.  Some laughter and comments as my pee starts hitting the floor, followed by the teacher bringing the class to silence and having some words of her own, "don't you think you're a little too old to wet yourself?"