Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Who can hold their pee longer males or females?

@Weather

"In terms of reaching desperation, I don't know, I imagine it's fairly even.  However, I know at least in my case (male), it's basically impossible to lose control.  Like, if my bladder is literally at 101% capacity, then I will leak 1% and no more.  If it weren't for pain and how unhealthy it is, I could probably keep my bladder at "almost completely full" for a very long time (days), only peeing a little bit when adding any extra to my bladder would just overflow it a little."

I think this is consistent from everything that I have read on the topic. Since the men have a longer urethra with more muscles it is possible for men to close it off easier whereas women are more prone to leaking, and if you start letting a little bit out it's likely to become a flood right away, because there is more  pressure generated by the female bladder, so it tends to come out more rapidly and with greater force.

@BladderChamp

"I know you've held it a lot at work, but have you ever tested your limit to see how long you can hold out with a full bladder?"

From my experiences at work that I can hold a full bladder or a bladder that feels uncomfortably full for many hours at a time with eight hours being the absolute record I would say from the time the van broke down. But I have never actually held it to the point voluntarily where it just started leaking and coming out, because the only way I would continue holding once I start feeling pain is if there is no bathroom available. When it starts getting really bad I eventually go to the bathroom.

@Angusburger

"But it seems like girls have it worse because girls have smaller bladders and less opprotunties? It feels like life is harder for a female bladder. Do you feel jealous of men having double the advantage as it does seem pretty unfair if it is true that women have a harder time holding in pee too. IT does seem ike a "design flaw" for the female body in terms of peeing."

There definitely can be that feeling of jealousy by just the fact that you end up having to hold it longer while needing it more. I don't consider it so much a design flaw for peeing so much as the female body to has the main burden of the reproductive capacity. Since women are the ones to carry the children inside of them the uterus takes up space for the bladder to expand, so there is less room for expansion. Because the female reproductive system takes up so much room there is less room for the bladder. So there is sort of that annoyance seeing as I never wanted children but my bladder capacity is more limited by my reproductive system taking up that space.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it. This is something that I've wondered for a long time and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences were on it? Throu

@DesperateJill I definitely agree with these points, and based off evidence I am finally convinced that women are more likely to have an accident than men given exactly the same fluid in the blad

Since folks have been talking about trying to determine sex differences in bladder capacity/holding ability scientifically, it might be of interest for some to know that there is actually an empirical

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

From my experiences at work that I can hold a full bladder or a bladder that feels uncomfortably full for many hours at a time with eight hours being the absolute record I would say from the time the van broke down. But I have never actually held it to the point voluntarily where it just started leaking and coming out, because the only way I would continue holding once I start feeling pain is if there is no bathroom available. When it starts getting really bad I eventually go to the bathroom.

If I wanted to put myself in your shoes, how would I replicate your routine during one of those work days? When would be the last time you’d pee, how much/often would you be drinking, etc.?

@BladderChamp

"If I wanted to put myself in your shoes, how would I replicate your routine during one of those work days? When would be the last time you’d pee, how much/often would you be drinking, etc.?"

I generally would pee before leaving the house before they picked me up and drove me to the base, which is usually about 15 or 20 minutes away, at which point I would go to the bathroom again before we head out to wherever we were going that day. Occasionally there would be bathrooms but most of the time there wouldn't and then I would usually just be holding it for the next six or seven hours, depending where we were going and how long it takes to get back. As soon as I got back to the base I would run and charge for the toilets along with my other female coworkers. I drank very minimally during the day so that I wouldn't get desperate or at least so I could hold it even drinking minimally I was still bursting by the middle point of the day.

49 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@BladderChamp

"If I wanted to put myself in your shoes, how would I replicate your routine during one of those work days? When would be the last time you’d pee, how much/often would you be drinking, etc.?"

I generally would pee before leaving the house before they picked me up and drove me to the base, which is usually about 15 or 20 minutes away, at which point I would go to the bathroom again before we head out to wherever we were going that day. Occasionally there would be bathrooms but most of the time there wouldn't and then I would usually just be holding it for the next six or seven hours, depending where we were going and how long it takes to get back. As soon as I got back to the base I would run and charge for the toilets along with my other female coworkers. I drank very minimally during the day so that I wouldn't get desperate or at least so I could hold it even drinking minimally I was still bursting by the middle point of the day.

Okay, I’m definitely going to try this. How would you define “drinking minimally”?

13 hours ago, Angusburger said:

But it seems like girls have it worse because girls have smaller bladders and less opprotunties? It feels like life is harder for a female bladder. Do you feel jealous of men having double the advantage as it does seem pretty unfair if it is true that women have a harder time holding in pee too. IT does seem ike a "design flaw" for the female body in terms of peeing. 

I never feel disadvantaged when with boys in a situation without a toilet around, unless of course they just go pee in the woods or something. If males really do get desperate more slowly or have more space fore bladder expansion it isn’t that noticeable in day-to-day life. Most of the guys I know will go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times before I feel urged enough to go, but it really does depend on the person. 

@DesperateJill another thing guys do is speak up more if they want to go to the bathroom. Most situations where there is technically a toilet nearby but its a little awkward to access such as a meeting at work or even walking around town guys will just go do it haha, and I’m like “I didnt know I could do that” 😆

@Kiwi_Rebecca_C

"I never feel disadvantaged when with boys in a situation without a toilet around, unless of course they just go pee in the woods or something. If males really do get desperate more slowly or have more space fore bladder expansion it isn’t that noticeable in day-to-day life. Most of the guys I know will go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times before I feel urged enough to go, but it really does depend on the person."

I think this is a good point in day to day life you generally don't notice how often others use the bathroom, and most people without a fetish don't give any thought to it at all. However I was in a situation where the guys were peeing in the woods all day and while the women weren't so I really really noticed it and felt really really disadvantaged!

"another thing guys do is speak up more if they want to go to the bathroom. Most situations where there is technically a toilet nearby but its a little awkward to access such as a meeting at work or even walking around town guys will just go do it haha, and I’m like “I didnt know I could do that”

I have noticed this as well and I actually started an entire thread about it called our women more patient about waiting for the bathroom. It's something I have noticed from a fairly young age that guys tend not to ask permission, they tend to just do things. I guess it goes along with that whole it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission, like if they weren't supposed to do with they will just apologize afterwards but don't even think to ask permission. Maybe it is just a guy thing, testosterone lol.

It reminds me in college when this one girl asked the teacher she could go to the bathroom and the teacher said that she can go whenever she wants because she was just so trained from high school where you had to ask permission to use the bathroom that she didn't realize that in college you can just go to the bathroom whenever you want.

And in my thread I pointed out the interesting thing is that when women tend to need a bathroom is that they tend not to speak up about it. Like there will be a bus trip where there was a rest stop and the men all use the bathroom at the ladies room was closed. A couple of the women were annoyed but they didn't really speak up until they were getting to a state of total desperation, and when they were told to keep waiting they simply went quiet and continued waiting patiently.

Of course when they finally did get to the bathroom they were all basically jumping for joy and running to the bathroom for dear life pretty much overjoyed at the fact that they could finally go to the bathroom. But you really didn't see them getting aggressive about the need to go to the bathroom.

Or like in my tour guide situation where after a four hour bus ride the there wasn't enough time for all of the women to use the bathroom before starting the tour. Despite the fact that there were at least 15 or 20 women who had been dying for a bathroom the entire tour they mostly just went along with the tour occasionally asking if they were going to get to a bathroom soon but every time they were told no they continue going. And then when the group voted to skip a bathroom break for a photo opportunity even though those women were in agony absolutely dying for a bathroom, and I was one of them, we still ultimately went along with the group and continued holding. We were annoyed, we were really aggravated, but in no time did we rise up and demand to be brought to a bathroom right then and there. We continued patiently holding it and I have noticed that that tends to be the norm.

Just like when there is a long line at the ladies room you see the women patiently lining up at the bathroom no matter how long the line is even if there is a men's room next door that is completely empty.

Once again I think it comes down to social and societal conditioning where women are just sort of taught to deny their needs even basic needs like a bathroom until it's convenient for everybody. If a woman is denied a bathroom she will keep going on holding and holding, where as a guy will just go and do it. It is interesting when you really think about it.

One person I have chatted with here and extensively in private felt that women tended to be more passive about these things and that men tended to be active problem solvers in trying to get to a bathroom and stuff like that, more aggressive about it. It sounds a little bit sexist but at the same time I can't deny that I have observed it myself.

One thing I did point out to him though is that on long bus rides where they didn't really have that many rest stops or where they just let the guys go in a field while the women continued holding it, when the women would get off the bus he thought that they were behaving like they were lunatics or crazy and I pointed out to him, they were patiently waiting for the bathroom all day while you had gone several times without even thinking about it, and believe me if you had been holding it all day while the guys would just going to the bathroom you would be ready to stampede to the bathroom when you finally arrived as well! But yeah no matter how bad it gets women tend to keep waiting patiently with minimal complaining and almost none demanding.

Another thing that illustrates this point was I heard that there was this place called soldier feel that had the enormous ladies room lines at intermissions that were like 45 minutes long or 60 women out the door and eventually the women got more bathrooms but then there was a line for the men and with one complaint from the men who were getting all aggravated and riled up about it they changed it back and the status quo was restored. The women complain for 20 years to get more bathrooms patiently waiting all that time for it, but with one aggressive complaint from the men and things went back to the way they were before. It's interesting from a sociological standpoint.

On 6/21/2022 at 1:01 PM, DesperateJill said:

@Kiwi_Rebecca_C

"I never feel disadvantaged when with boys in a situation without a toilet around, unless of course they just go pee in the woods or something. If males really do get desperate more slowly or have more space fore bladder expansion it isn’t that noticeable in day-to-day life. Most of the guys I know will go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times before I feel urged enough to go, but it really does depend on the person."

I think this is a good point in day to day life you generally don't notice how often others use the bathroom, and most people without a fetish don't give any thought to it at all. However I was in a situation where the guys were peeing in the woods all day and while the women weren't so I really really noticed it and felt really really disadvantaged!

"another thing guys do is speak up more if they want to go to the bathroom. Most situations where there is technically a toilet nearby but its a little awkward to access such as a meeting at work or even walking around town guys will just go do it haha, and I’m like “I didnt know I could do that”

I have noticed this as well and I actually started an entire thread about it called our women more patient about waiting for the bathroom. It's something I have noticed from a fairly young age that guys tend not to ask permission, they tend to just do things. I guess it goes along with that whole it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission, like if they weren't supposed to do with they will just apologize afterwards but don't even think to ask permission. Maybe it is just a guy thing, testosterone lol.

It reminds me in college when this one girl asked the teacher she could go to the bathroom and the teacher said that she can go whenever she wants because she was just so trained from high school where you had to ask permission to use the bathroom that she didn't realize that in college you can just go to the bathroom whenever you want.

And in my thread I pointed out the interesting thing is that when women tend to need a bathroom is that they tend not to speak up about it. Like there will be a bus trip where there was a rest stop and the men all use the bathroom at the ladies room was closed. A couple of the women were annoyed but they didn't really speak up until they were getting to a state of total desperation, and when they were told to keep waiting they simply went quiet and continued waiting patiently.

Of course when they finally did get to the bathroom they were all basically jumping for joy and running to the bathroom for dear life pretty much overjoyed at the fact that they could finally go to the bathroom. But you really didn't see them getting aggressive about the need to go to the bathroom.

Or like in my tour guide situation where after a four hour bus ride the there wasn't enough time for all of the women to use the bathroom before starting the tour. Despite the fact that there were at least 15 or 20 women who had been dying for a bathroom the entire tour they mostly just went along with the tour occasionally asking if they were going to get to a bathroom soon but every time they were told no they continue going. And then when the group voted to skip a bathroom break for a photo opportunity even though those women were in agony absolutely dying for a bathroom, and I was one of them, we still ultimately went along with the group and continued holding. We were annoyed, we were really aggravated, but in no time did we rise up and demand to be brought to a bathroom right then and there. We continued patiently holding it and I have noticed that that tends to be the norm.

Just like when there is a long line at the ladies room you see the women patiently lining up at the bathroom no matter how long the line is even if there is a men's room next door that is completely empty.

Once again I think it comes down to social and societal conditioning where women are just sort of taught to deny their needs even basic needs like a bathroom until it's convenient for everybody. If a woman is denied a bathroom she will keep going on holding and holding, where as a guy will just go and do it. It is interesting when you really think about it.

One person I have chatted with here and extensively in private felt that women tended to be more passive about these things and that men tended to be active problem solvers in trying to get to a bathroom and stuff like that, more aggressive about it. It sounds a little bit sexist but at the same time I can't deny that I have observed it myself.

One thing I did point out to him though is that on long bus rides where they didn't really have that many rest stops or where they just let the guys go in a field while the women continued holding it, when the women would get off the bus he thought that they were behaving like they were lunatics or crazy and I pointed out to him, they were patiently waiting for the bathroom all day while you had gone several times without even thinking about it, and believe me if you had been holding it all day while the guys would just going to the bathroom you would be ready to stampede to the bathroom when you finally arrived as well! But yeah no matter how bad it gets women tend to keep waiting patiently with minimal complaining and almost none demanding.

Another thing that illustrates this point was I heard that there was this place called soldier feel that had the enormous ladies room lines at intermissions that were like 45 minutes long or 60 women out the door and eventually the women got more bathrooms but then there was a line for the men and with one complaint from the men who were getting all aggravated and riled up about it they changed it back and the status quo was restored. The women complain for 20 years to get more bathrooms patiently waiting all that time for it, but with one aggressive complaint from the men and things went back to the way they were before. It's interesting from a sociological standpoint.

What was the tour guide story? How come they didnt let women pee and did men not care at all?

What do you mean by women were acting like lunatics? 

For the Soldier Field example, that seems unfair but I feel like its cause women are used to waiting in line anyways that it is more normal for them to be waiting in line. I know for me as a guy even when its a few mins to wait to pee I think it is too long to wait. However, women dont seem to make a big enough fuss about the perceived unfairness either like it seems like women just accept it. I see a long line for the womens room and they either find another restroom or wait in line but not complain about it. Why dont women complain more? 

@Angusburger

"What was the tour guide story? How come they didnt let women pee and did men not care at all?"

You can read the tour guide story in my blog https://desperatejill83.livejournal.com/2021/02/18/

I have since expanded it to a novella I still need to read, edit and publish.

"What do you mean by women were acting like lunatics?"

I just mean that the women had been patiently holding all day waiting for a bathroom while the men got to go several times. Then when the women finally got a chance to go to the bathroom it was like a big stampede where the women seemed practically falling over each other to get to the bathroom. To the guys watching it just seemed like they were going crazy, but if they had not gone to the bathroom all day they would be pretty crazy when the opportunity finally arrived as well I would think!

"For the Soldier Field example, that seems unfair but I feel like its cause women are used to waiting in line anyways that it is more normal for them to be waiting in line. I know for me as a guy even when its a few mins to wait to pee I think it is too long to wait. However, women dont seem to make a big enough fuss about the perceived unfairness either like it seems like women just accept it. I see a long line for the womens room and they either find another restroom or wait in line but not complain about it. Why dont women complain more?"

I think that you pretty much answered your own question. For the women it's just common to be waiting in line for the bathroom, so they don't question it and accept it as normal. When something has always been that way you just accept it as the norm usually and most people don't question that, even if it's unfair or inconvenient. Or if they do question it they may still not see a solution or take action.

Guys on the other hand, who are not used to waiting in line for the bathroom, find that even the slightest line seems to abnormal and it feels like a great injustice to them. It's a point that I have brought up in that I felt that people will fight harder to maintain privileges that they have always had rather than fight for ones that they had never had before. If you never had a privileges say not having to wait in line you just naturally assume that is just the way it is, but if you never had to wait for a line every time you are in a line it seems abnormal and you feel like something has been taken away from you. In a broader sense this can be applied to wider injustices such as sexism , racism and persecution. If you have always been disadvantaged  it is just the way things are, but if you have privileges challenged to those in the position of privilege it seems like those seeking equality are coming to take something from you.

Again I can't really say for sure why more women don't complain or take action on it, but I do think that maybe it's testosterone that makes guys more aggressive about getting a bathroom. Women will be more passive and wait patiently for a restroom line whereas men the slightest little inconvenience and they tend to get rather testy and make a big fuss about it.

That is pretty much what happened at soldier Field, the women campaigned for 20 years to get more bathrooms patiently enduring the wait in the meantime. Then they finally get more restrooms but it creates lines for the men's room so the men hold a big fuss of being outraged by having to wait at all, and it immediately goes back to the bathroom status quo and that's pretty much the end of that.

@Weather

"I always feel bad seeing your work experiences, they can be cute but also it's quite an injustice.  I really hope that whatever you do for work now has a more equitable bathroom situation.  Men shouldn't have an easier time based on the convenience of what's between our legs."

Right now I'm back to my old job of being a self published stay at home novelist. It is quite a difference from having one or two massive desperate experiences every week to now pretty much having none. So it's definitely a better bathroom situation as the toilet is 5 feet away LOL.

Although it makes me jealous and frustrated often I don't begrudge men the fact that they can go to the bathroom easier. I mean if I could easily just whip it out and do that discreetly I certainly would. So I'm not going to condemn others for taking advantage of the convenience that their anatomy provides. It's just you really really notice it when others are peeing easily and you have no real other option.

I must apologize.  I took "outdoors" as it is often used in casual discussions here.  That is to say outside the city limits or in parks or beaches offering ample privacy by their vegetation.  Somewhere you mentioned Long Island.  From photos I've seen, I don't think I could pee their.

In 11 years in this small-town (in attitude--population 100,000), I've seen one young lady duck behind a hedge and (last week) another stand up from behind bushes.  They were too exposed to have been very emotionally comfortable.  They must have been physically desperate.

@Stanley79

"I must apologize.  I took "outdoors" as it is often used in casual discussions here.  That is to say outside the city limits or in parks or beaches offering ample privacy by their vegetation.  Somewhere you mentioned Long Island.  From photos I've seen, I don't think I could pee their."

Yes Long Island is mostly suburbs where there are few places you could pee without risking getting caught. Luckily suburbs mostly have restrooms available except when far from civilization.

• 9 months later...

I'd just like to add that if you spenf some time on thisvid or tiktok for that matter you will notice that a vast majority of real life accidents happen to women, to me it seems like its actually very common at least to have 1-2 incidents above the age of 16 if not more.  Knowing this honstly turns me on there are so many girls out there who piss themsleves than you'd think. 

@nacke

"I'd just like to add that if you spenf some time on thisvid or tiktok for that matter you will notice that a vast majority of real life accidents happen to women, to me it seems like its actually very common at least to have 1-2 incidents above the age of 16 if not more.  Knowing this honstly turns me on there are so many girls out there who piss themsleves than you'd think."

I think that this definitely makes sense because women are often shortchanged inability to go to the bathroom. All the women have more incontinence in younger women are more likely to be irresponsible about finding a bathroom. At any rate though women usually still do get stuck holding it a lot more. I think that accidents are rare but that holding is very very common. Women may not have bigger bladders but their bladders certainly do get a bigger work out!

14 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@nacke

"I'd just like to add that if you spenf some time on thisvid or tiktok for that matter you will notice that a vast majority of real life accidents happen to women, to me it seems like its actually very common at least to have 1-2 incidents above the age of 16 if not more.  Knowing this honstly turns me on there are so many girls out there who piss themsleves than you'd think."

I think that this definitely makes sense because women are often shortchanged inability to go to the bathroom. All the women have more incontinence in younger women are more likely to be irresponsible about finding a bathroom. At any rate though women usually still do get stuck holding it a lot more. I think that accidents are rare but that holding is very very common. Women may not have bigger bladders but their bladders certainly do get a bigger work out!

agreed accidents are rare nut so much much more likely to happen to women (exluding enlarged prostate-age men). I also gree with your last statement, i would compare it to this Women go to the gym everyday while men almost never however where the men to "go to the gym" at the same rate as women they would outcompete women in bladder holding capabilities just like in the gym. 

As a hetrosexual man it fits my world view that women should have a harder time control themselves I.e "weaker" though i don't view it as weakness i view it as something feminine morever it's fucking sexy. 

@nacke

"agreed accidents are rare nut so much much more likely to happen to women (exluding enlarged prostate-age men). I also gree with your last statement, i would compare it to this Women go to the gym everyday while men almost never however where the men to "go to the gym" at the same rate as women they would outcompete women in bladder holding capabilities just like in the gym."

Yes that is actually one of the frustrating aspects of it, women definitely have to stretch and build their bladders a lot more than men do and yet at the end of the day it does seem that men have larger bladders in general despite not having to exercise those bladders enough or as often. Again it's kind of hard to argue with biology that men just seem to have the advantage when it comes to both holding it and relieving themselves so they are in the best of both worlds where as women are in the opposite position in the worst of all worlds, having to go more but having to hold and often getting caught short more.

Sort of like I found out the hard way that I could definitely hold way beyond what I thought I was capable of where I was holding at my job for six or seven hours, and yet that didn't change the fact that I spent most of that time really really feeling the need to go. Where is my male colleagues even though they were going to the bathroom sooner they never looked as though they were absolutely desperate, they always would just go out and casually pee whereas the women were holding on for dear life and that I think is just sort of the norm.

Again it's frustrating but it's also a biological fact, women can hold and hold and hold but still feel the urge and the need to go to the bathroom more and have to hold on for dear life, whereas men rarely ever have to hold but if they have to they can hold on more comfortably. It's just sort of a biological thing that men have larger bladders and they don't have a uterus pressing down on it! So a woman can train to make her bladder stronger but it's going to require more effort on her part and she will still probably really be feeling it more in a way that a guy probably isn't.

"As a hetrosexual man it fits my world view that women should have a harder time control themselves I.e "weaker" though i don't view it as weakness i view it as something feminine morever it's fucking sexy."

So you're saying the fact that women have to go more often and have to struggle with holding it is something that you find sexy about it?

It's funny because when I had to build up my bladder at work to get through the day everyone was saying how it was such a good thing that now I could hold so much longer but I am thinking at the same time I was jealous I would rather still have a small bladder but be able to relieve myself instead of having to develop a super bladder just to get through the day!

16 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@nacke

"agreed accidents are rare nut so much much more likely to happen to women (exluding enlarged prostate-age men). I also gree with your last statement, i would compare it to this Women go to the gym everyday while men almost never however where the men to "go to the gym" at the same rate as women they would outcompete women in bladder holding capabilities just like in the gym."

Yes that is actually one of the frustrating aspects of it, women definitely have to stretch and build their bladders a lot more than men do and yet at the end of the day it does seem that men have larger bladders in general despite not having to exercise those bladders enough or as often. Again it's kind of hard to argue with biology that men just seem to have the advantage when it comes to both holding it and relieving themselves so they are in the best of both worlds where as women are in the opposite position in the worst of all worlds, having to go more but having to hold and often getting caught short more.

Sort of like I found out the hard way that I could definitely hold way beyond what I thought I was capable of where I was holding at my job for six or seven hours, and yet that didn't change the fact that I spent most of that time really really feeling the need to go. Where is my male colleagues even though they were going to the bathroom sooner they never looked as though they were absolutely desperate, they always would just go out and casually pee whereas the women were holding on for dear life and that I think is just sort of the norm.

Again it's frustrating but it's also a biological fact, women can hold and hold and hold but still feel the urge and the need to go to the bathroom more and have to hold on for dear life, whereas men rarely ever have to hold but if they have to they can hold on more comfortably. It's just sort of a biological thing that men have larger bladders and they don't have a uterus pressing down on it! So a woman can train to make her bladder stronger but it's going to require more effort on her part and she will still probably really be feeling it more in a way that a guy probably isn't.

"As a hetrosexual man it fits my world view that women should have a harder time control themselves I.e "weaker" though i don't view it as weakness i view it as something feminine morever it's fucking sexy."

So you're saying the fact that women have to go more often and have to struggle with holding it is something that you find sexy about it?

It's funny because when I had to build up my bladder at work to get through the day everyone was saying how it was such a good thing that now I could hold so much longer but I am thinking at the same time I was jealous I would rather still have a small bladder but be able to relieve myself instead of having to develop a super bladder just to get through the day!

yeah super sexy, it's such a turn on teasing my female friends when they "really have to pee" or "about to pee myself" them squirming and it being so obvious that they have to pee and also how they giggle and turn red when you tease them is cute. 

even better is when they are drunk damn it's cute of course i never hinder anyone or anything like that, it's usually hard enough for them. im pretty young so haven't ben out clubbing and drinking that match but im sure one of them will wett themselves given enought time. 

Just a couple thoughts, not 100% sure they weren't already raised.

The male urethra has roughly 1/5th the cross-sectional area as the female urethra. i.e. women can pee five times as fast as men (some are perhaps too demure to fully 'let it out', but according to literature this is the case). I think this could make it a bit easier for men to hold, as it might reduce the total pressure that the sphincter muscles have to resist. The male urethra isn't pointing straight down, either, which probably provides a logistical windfall.

Also, all other things being equal, men are slightly larger than women (roughly 5% taller on average I think?), therefore probably have a slightly larger bladder than women on average, too. But that's not a very big difference and it's pretty obvious from this forum that individual variance is way, way, way bigger that 5ish percent. And I have no reason to believe that women and men have proportionally similar sized bladders either, considering how vastly different other things in the body can develop (see: penis+scrotum = clitoris+womb). So I think there's little to use here, really.

What I think is telling, though, is how someone can easily go from "I just peed" to "I have to pee" within an hour or two; but it could be several hours from there to "I absolutely have to pee right now." So it seems like the driving force in when someone chooses to finally pee is more habit and willpower than it is physiology. The fact that the bladder is elastic and changes in response to behaviour kind of bears that out, I think.

In my experience (male), I am not nearly as good a holder as my wife. I've got good control but I hit a wall of "I really gotta go right now" quite a bit earlier than her, and correspondingly she can hold a good 30% more liquid than I can. I'm pretty sure she's willing to suffer more discomfort than I am as well, based on self-description.

When I'm at my limit, it takes me over a minute to pee; it takes her about 15 seconds of ridiculous torrential downpour. Once she held for a while and peed horizontally off a dock into a pond, and the arc was mind-boggling. She must've got 20 feet out of it.

If I think about my friends and all the times I've seen them do this or that, I feel pretty sure the stakes are roughly even, perhaps slightly in favour of the women. How often they pee is wildly variable, from hourly down to twice a day, and I don't think it's weighted much from guy to girl; but I think the women are somewhat more likely to hold it for a lark. Certainly more likely to be encouraged by a person or circumstances to hold it for a while; definitely more willing to talk about it, too. And for whatever it's worth, all of the best intentional holders I know of in real life are women.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I have absolutely no idea and I bet no one else does, either.

If we have no idea, we can test this by taking a pool of men and women, having holding contests, and recording the data. All we'll need for this scientific process is willing volunteers! 

I hypothesize that men can hold their pee longer than women, based on historical observations in my life, but I volunteer as one of several guinea pigs and offer anyone else to join me to record data on a future date if we get enough people.

@Foolishthree

"The male urethra has roughly 1/5th the cross-sectional area as the female urethra. i.e. women can pee five times as fast as men (some are perhaps too demure to fully 'let it out', but according to literature this is the case). I think this could make it a bit easier for men to hold, as it might reduce the total pressure that the sphincter muscles have to resist. The male urethra isn't pointing straight down, either, which probably provides a logistical windfall."

This is actually true as I have read that there have been studies done that show because of the longer male urethra that they male bladder can take twice as much pressure inside internally so there is some actual evidence that would suggest that when a woman has a full bladder she probably does feel the pressure a lot longer and a lot stronger, so again worst of all worlds I guess!

"Also, all other things being equal, men are slightly larger than women (roughly 5% taller on average I think?), therefore probably have a slightly larger bladder than women on average, too. But that's not a very big difference and it's pretty obvious from this forum that individual variance is way, way, way bigger that 5ish percent. And I have no reason to believe that women and men have proportionally similar sized bladders either, considering how vastly different other things in the body can develop (see: penis+scrotum = clitoris+womb). So I think there's little to use here, really."

I agree with this as well as I mentioned because of the position of the uterus there is less room for the female bladder to expand and if you look at diagrams of the male and female bladder it's always interesting because the male bladder seems like it's all standing tall where's the female bladder always look somewhat compressed and crushed up against the uterus basically. But I feel that the people on this forum are definitely not a random sample as this is a form of people who deliberately hold because they have a fetish so you're probably going to not get a random sample from this particular message board.

"What I think is telling, though, is how someone can easily go from "I just peed" to "I have to pee" within an hour or two; but it could be several hours from there to "I absolutely have to pee right now." So it seems like the driving force in when someone chooses to finally pee is more habit and willpower than it is physiology. The fact that the bladder is elastic and changes in response to behaviour kind of bears that out, I think."

I made an interesting observation from my own personal experience. Generally speaking I usually have to go to the bathroom like every hour or two at least, but when I was at my job and they didn't have a bathroom for six or seven hours I was able to hold it, and although I was able to hold it though I still thought go just as quickly. So yes I could hold six or seven hours but I still had to spend at least two thirds of that time feeling a very obviously full bladder. So I do think you can stretch how long you can hold it but I think that the need to go is still going to come just the same. Again you can definitely hold it but that doesn't mean you're going to be able to hold it comfortably.

"In my experience (male), I am not nearly as good a holder as my wife. I've got good control but I hit a wall of "I really gotta go right now" quite a bit earlier than her, and correspondingly she can hold a good 30% more liquid than I can. I'm pretty sure she's willing to suffer more discomfort than I am as well, based on self-description."

It's interesting as I also read something about due to evolution that men were able to take say quick pain like a punch better than women because they evolve to be fighters and stuff like that, but women were better at dealing with long-term lower grade pain such as that experienced during pregnancy. So I do think that women can deal with a painfully full bladder better than men, but again it usually is still a situation where it's the worst of all worlds because although you can hold it again you are feeling it the entire time where as I think that men don't feel as desperate as quickly.
Like I think I mentioned in a different post the different size of the bladder in the shape of the bladder where it's often a case where men will build up more gradually where as women will go for a long time without needing to go but then suddenly need to go very badly very quickly.

"If I think about my friends and all the times I've seen them do this or that, I feel pretty sure the stakes are roughly even, perhaps slightly in favour of the women. How often they pee is wildly variable, from hourly down to twice a day, and I don't think it's weighted much from guy to girl; but I think the women are somewhat more likely to hold it for a lark. Certainly more likely to be encouraged by a person or circumstances to hold it for a while; definitely more willing to talk about it, too. And for whatever it's worth, all of the best intentional holders I know of in real life are women."

I've actually read a study about that as well which I probably linked and but it showed that women tended to dominate both extremes where although women seem to go to the bathroom more and couldn't hold as long in general some of the ones who held the longest were women. My theory is that out of circumstance when a woman can go to the bathroom regularly she tends to have to go more often but if a woman is in a situation where she intentionally holds it or can't go regularly due to circumstance that she ends up developing like a much bigger bladder in general. And again I can say I experienced it personally, because like I was saying above I still need to go to the bathroom every hour or two usually before it becomes noticeable, but I learned the hard way that I could hold it for six or seven hours, but again I spent probably at least four of those hours with my legs crossed! So it's definitely true that again women get the short end of the stick, where some end up having to hold to great extent just out of necessity.

"So I guess what I'm saying is, I have absolutely no idea and I bet no one else does, either."

Well again like I mentioned there have been studies done so there actually is data that sort of supports some of these arguments one way or the other.

@Duarg

"I hypothesize that men can hold their pee longer than women, based on historical observations in my life, but I volunteer as one of several guinea pigs and offer anyone else to join me to record data on a future date if we get enough people."

Once again it's interesting because in my own personal case I know that I definitely go to the bathroom more than any of the men and women that I know in my life and yet I also know I can hold six or seven hours if I really have to. Once again it's a situation where men can probably hold longer but usually don't have to, where the women on the other hand may have a harder time holding but are more likely to get stuck holding, so again worst of all worlds!

• 3 weeks later...

@DesperateJill

I definitely agree with these points, and based off evidence I am finally convinced that women are more likely to have an accident than men given exactly the same fluid in the bladder. However, there are still some counter arguments which makes me want an actual study done. 

When discussing this topic we need to keep a distinction between bladder muscles (passive tissue muscles) and sphincter muscles (active skeletal muscles). Feeling the urge to urinate is a phenomenon which occurs when your bladder muscles spring back and squeeze your bladder due to the sensation of filling. This triggers the skeletal muscles to kick in and give you the option to urinate or not. If you choose no eventually the feeling will subside and your bladder muscles will continue stretching until they spring back once again. When someone has a reactive bladder, it means these bladder muscles are very sensitive (possibly due to a smaller bladder, less space to expand, different shape, more nerves, etc.) but it does not necessarily mean that they have a smaller maximum capacity if given the chance. That will more depend on the strength of the skeletal muscles.   

On 4/21/2023 at 2:49 PM, DesperateJill said:

The male urethra has roughly 1/5th the cross-sectional area as the female urethra. i.e. women can pee five times as fast as men (some are perhaps too demure to fully 'let it out', but according to literature this is the case). I think this could make it a bit easier for men to hold, as it might reduce the total pressure that the sphincter muscles have to resist. The male urethra isn't pointing straight down, either, which probably provides a logistical windfall."

This is actually true as I have read that there have been studies done that show because of the longer male urethra that they male bladder can take twice as much pressure inside internally so there is some actual evidence that would suggest that when a woman has a full bladder she probably does feel the pressure a lot longer and a lot stronger, so again worst of all worlds I guess!

The male urethra has primarily evolved to excrete fluid not contain it. Reproduction efficiency is the main evolutionary pressure driving penis shape and functions. Although the urethra is 1/5th as wide the sphincter attached to the bladder is sized accordingly. Males who I have talked to on this website have said that once pee passes this sphincter there are no other muscles along the length of the urethra which prevent fluid movement. Again, the penis is designed to excrete with as little resistance as possible. From my understanding having the length of the penis does act as a buffer area which pee can accumulate helping to prevent leaking but does not help prevent an accident. (Evidence: from others experience males are less susceptible to leaking when coughing, laughing, startled, etc. Skeletal sphincters seem to open involuntarily when these and other distractions occur in females, but I never hear males complaining about this possibly because they don't know)

Females on the other had have a completely separate urinary track which is solely designed to clamp urine at the sphincter until it is allowed to release it, and pee it out as fast as possible.  (Evidence: from others experience females can pee harder and further than males even with a wider sphincter. This suggests either a more powerful sphincter exist to push or more pressure existed in the first pace again meaning a more powerful sphincter was needed.) 

In conclusion, a lot of boys I've found (but not all!) don't need to go as frequently, but when they do they really do! Suggesting a large bladder but weak sphincter muscles. On the contrary, a lot of girls (but not all!) need to go pee more frequently but if needed can hold for a long time. As for myself (female), I feel I fit in the hold it for a long time category but I also don't leak easily.

BUT I would love to make a competition and associated poll which could figure this out once and for all! 

Edited by Kiwi_Rebecca_C (see edit history)