Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Anyone from UK watched the Jubilee Parade and wondered...?

Anyone from UK watched the Jubilee Parade live on t.v. and, like myself, wondered if any of those in the parade needed a wee or better still were absolutely bursting for one? After all there were thousands taking part, so they couldn't possibly all have had the opportunity for a last minute wee before setting off. So maybe many of them might not have been to the toilet for some time, especially those in elaborate costumes. Also some of the presenters, the celebs on the buses, officials and even those on the Royal platform may well have been in the same predicament.

Does anyone else automatically think the same as me when watching these kind of parades/events? What are your thoughts on this? And has anyone been in this type of situation?

4 minutes ago, wetting_fan said:

I do the same when at those types of events! Surely out of hundreds, if not thousands of people, there at least has to be someone holding, already leaking, wet, etc. Maybe even someone doing all of that on purpose too hehe... I mean statistically it has to be true, yea?

Definitely got to be some, especially those taking part themselves who can't possibly attempt to go until the end.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks like this about these type of events - it was all I kept wondering all weekend seeing the various events on. 

That also brings me to a quick conversation I overheard over the weekend. What I actually heard was very minor and I didn’t get every word so this left my imagination running wild afterwards.

I went out to pick up a takeaway on Friday night about 7:30pm so it was still light. On my way home there were a group of 4 late teens/early 20’s (2 female, 2 males) at the bus stop on the other side of the street. They were all fairly drunk and had obviously been out for the day for some kind of jubilee party I presume . I wasn’t paying any attention to them but the street was quiet and they were talking loudly. Just as I was going past them my ears pricked up as I heard one of the males say something along the lines of ‘I can’t believe …. …. Pissed herself/yourself’ I didn’t catch it all clearly so couldn’t say if he said she ‘nearly pissed herself’ or implied that she had ‘pissed herself’ but at this point I was listening hard not knowing who they were referring too. Then an attractive female with dark hair wearing denim hot pants said something along the lines of ‘I could barely walk’ more talk I couldn’t clearly hear from others the she said ‘I really need a wee again’’.

At this point my head was racing but I had now walked past them and it would have been super strange if I had turned around and walked back past to see if the conversation continued. I did have a quick glance over as I walked away and noticed a girl squatted down but this was the other girl and given the position of the bus stop (literally right next to a row of houses) I’m certain this was nothing. Also from what I could see the girl who had ‘the issue’ didn’t have any noticeable wet patch on her shorts although they were quite dark and I was now a bit away from them so it may not have been clear if there was one. I also know the bus they were about to get was at least 10 minutes away and then was quite a slow ‘round the houses’ type bus so if she was needing to go again that ride would have been interesting to see. 

That left my mind racing afterwards trying to decipher was I heard and saw. I’ve come to the conclusion that the most likely situation that happened and the least that could possibly have happened was a desperate close call for the girl in question at the event which ended with a desperate rush to a loo or even going in a bush in front of people. This would be followed by desperation on the long bus ride before making it to a loo/bush again - still a decent scenario.

The least likely scenario but not totally impossible (in my mind at least) a desperate accident had already happened at the event where she wet her denim shorts with some or all of her friends witnesses and we’re willing to tease her about it afterwards(she certainly didn’t seem too upset or concerned by this , so whatever happened wasn’t too traumatic for her) followed by accelerated desperation while waiting for and travelling on the bus followed another potential accident either on the bus or when they got off - maybe quicker than the first due to her a) being less able to hold and b) not being as bothered as she’s already had an accident earlier on.

This is the issue with only hearing a small part of what happened my head is whirring to the possibilities of what could have happened and I’ll never fully know. It is sometimes annoying that a little 10 second snippet of conversation can keep my imagination running for so long. 

Anyway apologies this was a bit longer than I expected and I’m sure there were many examples of this kind of thing over the weekend that we will never know about. 

Whenever there are crowds assembled on the streets for hours, some of them partying, and there are few portable toilets, you know that some of them (most likely the younger set who don't plan well) who are holding bursting-full bladders.  Older folks are more likely to drink sparingly, perhaps wear a nappy, and they don't linger in the crowd as long.  As noted above, some of the holders might be police officers who were on duty for hours.  

I'm sure that the celebration ended with some wet pants and puddles in the alleys.  

Yes indeed the thought crossed my mind as soon as I saw the crowds on tv. I was away myself and it was too sunny to stay inside and watch much but when you factor in the long wait for access, drinking enough to stay hydrated in the warm weather along with the anticipation and excitement of the occasion it was bound to be too much for some bladders. Someone out there must have seen or heard something.