Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Is solidarity wetting actually a thing?

As well as it's been a theme in stories and experiences, I've been told two stories by women I know that included what I call solidarity wetting.

What I mean by that is: one woman either can't hold it any more and has an accident, or decides to just wet her pants in the presence of others who also need to pee. 

This then leads to the others deciding to wet their pants as well, either because they don't want to hold it anymore or because, citation: "I'd would suck if you're the only one with wet pants".

I say women here because it seems to be more of a female phenomenon, though I could be wrong. 

So my question is: Does this actually happen? Did ant if you ever observe this or participate in it? 

It is sometimes hard for me to actually believe the stories I am told, plus I am genuinely curious.

20 hours ago, MizzyJulie said:

yes i have seen this before at a concert and actually did it once myself while on a party trolly (yes it was as random as it sounds) that had no bathroom. My gf at the time wet herself so i did the same so she wouldnt be the only one. Before the night was done there were 3 or 4 others that did the same. 

I Would really appreciate some more details and more about this. Perfect for a great real life experience story! 

On 6/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, MizzyJulie said:

yes i have seen this before at a concert and actually did it once myself while on a party trolly (yes it was as random as it sounds) that had no bathroom. My gf at the time wet herself so i did the same so she wouldnt be the only one. Before the night was done there were 3 or 4 others that did the same. 

I, too, would love to hear details of what happened on this particular night!

On 6/3/2022 at 7:47 PM, MizzyJulie said:

Thank you for your answer! I could imagine that it kind of...reduces the stigma. Like when you're the first one to cross a red light...and the others follow. 

One of the women who told me a solidarity wetting story told me of another incident at a concert (before she knew omo was a thing) where she debated with her friend of they should just wet themselves instead of going to the bathroom. They didn't, but the thought occurred.

I mean, if they're doing it...

I can't really imagine it being much more than a suggestion in your brain. There might be something to be said about you witnessing a wetting and your brain subconsciously realizing that is an option/reality and make you need to go worse; a pretty obvious case if you think about it logically. But I have to doubt if people do this on purpose. 

I am not to judge on your stories but I personally cannot attest to purposely peeing because you give up after seeing someone wet or "It'd would suck if you're the only one with wet pants". Especially to the latter, I can not imagine that helping me in anyway tbh. 

I have had a conversation with a girl, who wasn't aware of my interest in the topic, but during the course of the conversation she told me about a time when she was at university, when her younger sister came to stay with her.. They ended up locked out of her flat, and waiting for her flatmate to return with a key.. They were both desperate to pee, and eventually she lost control and started to wet herself..she told her sister what was happening, and on hearing that, her sister announced that she was wetting herself too now... She didn't suggest that this was a deliberate act of solidarity, but seemed to suggest that it just happened when her sister saw her peeing herself... She wasn't embarrassed by the story at all, she just told it in a 'what a funny event, two adult girls wetting themselves at the same time in a street outside a flat they couldn't get into!" sort of way!... So I guess it does happen...I have also had a friend of mine who was desperate on a bus going home after a night out.. I was very interested in watching and listening to the situation (for obvious reasons!) and everytime she said "Oh god I'm going to wee myself!" her friend would say "Don't say that or I'll wee myself too!".. Sadly, to my knowledge, they both made it home dry...!

23 hours ago, ridcully said:

I have had a conversation with a girl, who wasn't aware of my interest in the topic, but during the course of the conversation she told me about a time when she was at university, when her younger sister came to stay with her.. They ended up locked out of her flat, and waiting for her flatmate to return with a key.. They were both desperate to pee, and eventually she lost control and started to wet herself..she told her sister what was happening, and on hearing that, her sister announced that she was wetting herself too now... She didn't suggest that this was a deliberate act of solidarity, but seemed to suggest that it just happened when her sister saw her peeing herself... She wasn't embarrassed by the story at all, she just told it in a 'what a funny event, two adult girls wetting themselves at the same time in a street outside a flat they couldn't get into!" sort of way!... So I guess it does happen...I have also had a friend of mine who was desperate on a bus going home after a night out.. I was very interested in watching and listening to the situation (for obvious reasons!) and everytime she said "Oh god I'm going to wee myself!" her friend would say "Don't say that or I'll wee myself too!".. Sadly, to my knowledge, they both made it home dry...!

That's a really good story!

I can imagine that it's more likely for someone else to hold it once one person starts wetting themselves. 

Probably a more likely scenario

2 hours ago, D0nt45k said:

I can say from talking to other people that sometimes it happens, but it's not a common thing.

Well, that might be true...but people wetting themselves is, all in all, also not a common thing. So it happens sometimes, I guess.

31 minutes ago, Spurgle said:

I feel like this is something created by video producers so they can add an extra element to their content. I find it hard to believe anyone would actually do this just to make someone feel better. 

Well, I had that suspicion too, as have many others, as shown by the comments. 

From the answers posted so far, I would however assume that it is not entirely made up. 

At the very least, there is a chance that one person wetting themselves might prompt others to do so as well.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, ridcully said:

Love those conversations on a night bus home! I do like to sometimes bring it up myself - if I suspect someone I'm with needs a wee, just say "ah damn I need a wee!" or something and hope that it triggers them into admitting their own need 🙂

On 6/3/2022 at 7:47 PM, MizzyJulie said:

Oh my, to have been at that party.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:08 PM, MaleOmoFan94 said:

I think a group wetting would be fun if planned, however, I don't know very many people who would pee themselves because someone else did. It's fun to dream about though.

I had a close friend recently tell me that she would if I had an accident to make me feel better. She’s since left my life so I never could confirm but I do believe she was sincere. I really miss her. 😞