Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Just going to leave this here...why you shouldn't (or in our cases, should?) regularly pee in the shower

Interesting theory.  I had not heard it put like that. However years ago I noticed if I pee played to much. I became incontinent and wet myself when I didn't want to.

Obviously aimed at females, but peeing standing up is natural for men.   I have peed in the shower since my early teenage experiment in peeing for fun. It was the only way I could get away with it

Water running is a trigger for most people men and women. I remember potty training my kids, and running some water was a trick to get them to go when we wanted  them to.

What about other common triggers like  " latch key " urgency when you arrive home or approach an opportunity to pee.

When I do a hold for a set time I  am usually ok until I pass that time.

One of my favorite "wetting" games is to hold my pee until I am desperately full ,then step into a running shower, and try to hold it until I am done . Usually I will at least leak some if not totally lose control, and empty 3/4 of my bladders contents. Occasionally I will make it through without any serious leaks. I guess I didn't have to go bad enough.

I like it because it is an uncontrollable pee without the mess.

One thing about natural peeing position I forgot about. When seated for that other function. I can not completely empty my bladder.  I must stand to finish ; peeing for a few seconds before I feel empty.  It hascbeen that way for as long as I can remember 

Edited by wettingman
Add final comments I forgot. (see edit history)

I am obviously in no position to flat out say that shes wrong. If she is who she says she is then she's clearly had more knowledge in this field than I do. BUT my personal experience says that I've always been desperate when around water and that the sound of water actually has little effect on my bladder. 

For a little while, I've started only using my shower to pee. Obviously, since I'm trying to not touch my toilet not shower 10 times a day I am not hearing water run everytime. I've yet to elicit a response like sitting on the toilet or standing in my shower from the sound of running water. Now that said, I am hoping to become incontinent in the showers (thats why I'm doing this - for fun of course heh) so I guess if you were to turn the water on every time you went to pee then at some point you may experience something like what she describes but for now, I will continue with my life. 

I think that like anything that one experiences on a daily basis, it is normal for us to adapt it to an impulse habit. I have always urinated in the shower and it is normal that when I go to the shower I want to urinate.

Now I don't think it will ever affect me as soon as I hear or see water and want to urinate, that is already a case of a much greater psychological stimulus. Any person relates an impulse indirectly to an action, it is natural, we see a familiar toilet and we are going to urinate there without problem, some cannot do it in another unknown bathroom.

People who wet diapers daily will have no problem getting wet in a diaper, some of us can't even get wet in one without making an effort.

It's worth keeping in mind that Pavlov's experiments were entirely based on automatic responses, and (to paraphrase Young Frankenstein) a dog, with very few exceptions, is not a human being. For the vast majority of people, urination is like breathing; it lies in a zone of overlap between involuntary and voluntary muscle control. This is why some people are reporting "yeah this happened to me" while others have not run into it; people and their bodies are far more complicated than Pavlov, Skinner, and the other behaviorist pioneers claimed.