Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale Does tighter underwear help you hold it when desperate?

I've never seen this mentioned but it is something I think about a lot.

When I was a teenager in middle school I wore boxers. We had to dress out for PE and I didnt want to get made fun of for wearing briefs. When I wore boxers I remember many times of desperately getting to a urinal and seeing that I had been dribbling in my underwear. (very embarrassing)!

Fast forward to the age of 25 and I now wear hip briefs (a men's underwear style that is much sexier than tightly whities). When I'm about to lose it I may lose a drop or two, but I am not a dribbler anymore. When I lose control the flood gates open and I go from mostly dry underwear to having an accident at full force.

I still own a single pair of boxers that I will wear every once and awhile to bed, but besides the fact that I hate the lack of support, the look, the feeling under pants, I also feel like my bladder control isn't nearly as good.

I an curious what the women here have to say too. Thank you!

I can vouch for it. Ever since my childhood I have been wearing briefs as my daily driver. And every time I always buy a size or two smaller.

In fact, I have even worn multiple briefs round the clock. I will admit, it tends to get very uncomfortable especially if I am out in the hot sun. But it you ask me if it helps me to hold longer, my answer would be a roaring yes. The tight feeling of briefs squeezing me down there definitely makes it easier to hold and adds to phycological effect that I am not supposed to pee. 

11 hours ago, Rexone_312 said:

I can vouch for it. Ever since my childhood I have been wearing briefs as my daily driver. And every time I always buy a size or two smaller.

In fact, I have even worn multiple briefs round the clock. I will admit, it tends to get very uncomfortable especially if I am out in the hot sun. But it you ask me if it helps me to hold longer, my answer would be a roaring yes. The tight feeling of briefs squeezing me down there definitely makes it easier to hold and adds to phycological effect that I am not supposed to pee. 

I definitely prefer very tight non-elastic underwear when I do my holds. My favourites are cotton gym shorts about 2 sizes too small. They squeeze my package and press my cock & balls into the belly bottom. The waistband presses into the bladder and the center seam cuts in from below and acts as a ball divider. Alternatively, I wear old worn-out but also much too small Jeans without underwear. Especially if I am doing my long-term holds i.e. 24 hrs or more the exerted pressure somehow makes it easier to stand my aching overfilled bladder.
@Rexone_312: try to change your tight briefs for still tighter but non-elastic gym shorts or similar. It will be worth it, you might be able to fill your bladder up to a degree you would not guess you can stand.

I don't know if tighter underwear helps me hold it, but tighter things (like leggings) are what I wear when I'm prepping for a massive hold (that I know will end with a wetting). Something about the tight fabric right up against my skin...

1) helps me use my fingers to massage myself if I need help holding in the pee, and
2) feels better when I finally do start losing control.

I have always worn snug briefs since I was a kid. I like the way they feel, and for wetting purposes they absorb evey drop until they are soaked. I love the sensation of a wet spot in my briefs as I continue to  struggle to hold it in.

But to answer the question,  no they don't help me hold my pee in . I don't understand how they could. It is not like they are tightly squeezing my penis.  In fact if they are tight in my bladder area tight briefs squeeze it making my need to pee worse.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you absolutely nailed this WatchMeWiggle! I find it quite a bit harder to hold without anything hugging my vagina/urethra area. Underwear doesnt put that much pressure on the bladder and I usually pull upwards on it when I’m desperate to press it in more (it helps!). I think at least part of the reason is that having nothing there is what happens when you are using the toilet so it will subconsciously remind you of peeing. All I know that I get desperate much faster and more intensely when I don’t have underwear or a tight pair of leggings on. Dresses and skirts without panties are the worst 😬. Maybe because I can feel a weird tingling breeze as well. I wonder if boys are the same?

Edit: I have never tried different fabrics of underwear but I will be sure to do that 🙃 

Edited by Kiwi_Rebecca_C (see edit history)
On 6/9/2022 at 5:26 AM, Kiwi_Rebecca_C said:

Dresses and skirts without panties are the worst 😬. Maybe because I can feel a weird tingling breeze as well. I wonder if boys are the same?

Edit: I have never tried different fabrics of underwear but I will be sure to do that 🙃 

To me it's no difference with or without underwear. I've started to prefer not having any, I feel more free in my movements. 😄 

This is interesting because I myself have noticed the difference in holding capabilities depending on what underwear I'm wearing.

I find tighter underwear will trigger my bladder to empty quicker and more frequently, but I will somehow experience less leakage than I would with boxers, which I seem to dribble in quite a lot. Also, dribbles in non-skin-tight boxers seem to be more devastating to the trousers / jeans and more visible. I generally feel like my bladder control is looser (dribbling/leaking more) than if I was to have my briefs on.

It's like I can hold more capacity and for longer due to there being little stress on my waist and bladder from the boxers compared to the briefs, but I'm not sure.

Most of my underwear are briefs though, just out of comfort, but I like to wear boxers occasionally if I'm wearing cargo shorts or trousers and I want to just go through my zipper when I pee rather than having to unzip AND unbutton (and maybe unbelt) my trousers or shorts.

Edited by Windows XPee (see edit history)