Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Laundry - Tips and Tricks?

I don't wet my pants every-day, but one some days, particularly on laundry day, I will wet a few times.

Recently, someone told me I smell like pee. The thing is, I just pulled the clothes out after they had been washed. 

What can I add to the load that will help get rid of the pee smell? 

I know, people who play silly games win silly prizes- and many here don't mind it, but I am now concerned that I always smell like pee!

I did not think I smelled like pee at all. You may not think you smell like pee. 

I do know human brains are funny- the more we adapt to our environments, the more we become desensitized to smells.

Another example would be a heavy smoker. He/she may not know how much they smell, not mentioning their cars, homes, etc. 

Perhaps I'm looking for an additive a non-wetter would add to a wetter's laundry! haha

7 hours ago, Acura17 said:

I don't wet my pants every-day, but one some days, particularly on laundry day, I will wet a few times.

Recently, someone told me I smell like pee. The thing is, I just pulled the clothes out after they had been washed. 

What can I add to the load that will help get rid of the pee smell? 

I know, people who play silly games win silly prizes- and many here don't mind it, but I am now concerned that I always smell like pee!

Any chance there was residue on your body?

If you think you took reasonable precautions to make sure you didn't smell of pee, I guess this person might have just said it as a term of abuse! Obviously OMO people are hypersensitive to such remarks!

I think WBxx might also have a point - how well did you wash yourself after your fun? If I have wet the bed, I think the risk of smelling of pee is real. I wash myself, dry off, and wash again to make sure I am sweet smelling for the day ahead!

Also roughly how often are you wetting? Did this remark follow closely after some wetting fun?

I used to dream of meetig a girl who smelled of pee...............

Edited by David_E (see edit history)

Never had that problem so far.

I usually throw my wet clothes into the washing machine < 30min after wetting and take a shower and seem to fare just fine (or just no one told me so far).
What I use for laundry are Ariel All In One Pods and Lenor Amethyst Blossom Dream as softener and my stuff comes out smelling pretty good.
As for my body I use scented showering gel and Nivea in shower body milk and vanilla scented loion afterwards, so I have multiple layers of good smells on me.

Though I've heard that enzymatic cleaning agents (detergents, sprays, etc) help with getting rid of pee smell (animal and human) but I haven't used those so far so I'd recommend you to do some more research on those by yourself if you are interested in trying those out.

I've washed shorts and underwear I have re-wet that smelled so much they stunk up the while bathroom I was trying to dry them in. And washing them the same as usual got the smell out completely. Just use a good detergent.

Do you shower after a wetting? You'll want to clean yourself up too after a wetting, if you don't want to smell like pee.

1 hour ago, The Dark Wolf said:

I've washed shorts and underwear I have re-wet that smelled so much they stunk up the while bathroom I was trying to dry them in. And washing them the same as usual got the smell out completely. Just use a good detergent.

Do you shower after a wetting? You'll want to clean yourself up too after a wetting, if you don't want to smell like pee.

I find that if I clean up within half an hour to an hour after a wetting I don’t smell as much. Also, washing with a deodorant soap like Irish Spring helps.

I also find that when it comes to clothes, underwear (and even blankets) that rinsing them out in cold or lukewarm water helps to keep the smell down if I can’t wash them right away. If I do that to dilute the urine the smell will typically come out in the wash if I use a good detergent such as Tide or Gain.

14 minutes ago, RDFan2020 said:

I find that if I clean up within half an hour to an hour after a wetting I don’t smell as much. Also, washing with a deodorant soap like Irish Spring helps.

I also find that when it comes to clothes, underwear (and even blankets) that rinsing them out in cold or lukewarm water helps to keep the smell down if I can’t wash them right away. If I do that to dilute the urine the smell will typically come out in the wash if I use a good detergent such as Tide or Gain.

Come to think of it, I did rinse them out before washing them. And typically do rinse my wet pants, shorts, or underwear before washing them.

I personally don't wet but have had a girlfriend or two who have been willing to partake for me and from my experience, the key thing is to make sure you're washing the clothes as soon as possible afterwards and that you take them straight out the washing machine after the cycle is complete as well. I remember on occasion she would leave her clothes in the laundry basket for a couple of days rather than putting them straight in and they would develop an extreme ammonia odour and she was always extremely hydrated if she did it. 

That being said, I never felt that she or her clothes smelt like pee after washing but I imagine if you were doing this frequently it could start to become an issue. 

The only other thing I could suggest is that you maybe dedicate a couple of pairs of clothes to your endeavours so you never need to worry. 

It's hard to tell if just one person mentioned it, but like you, I would also be worrying about it! Lol.

One thing aside from washing that I might consider is if you're hydrated enough. If my pee is more diluted, the scent is less.

I also try to evaluate where I'm wetting; I usually am in the bathroom in some way, so I ensure to take extra care to clean up afterward (not just drying up the location but also washing it). I don't pee on the bath rug or towels, but I make sure to wash those regularly, especially if it's after uh..."activities" so to speak lol. They might not necessarily even be carrying a scent but I like to be safe just in case. 

I can't really use fragrant bath products (shampoo, body wash, etc.), but we do have scented candles and Febreze in there. 

As far as washing goes:

- Gain detergent here as well (low-key wondering if this might be a slight trend here? lol). I use a scented one, merely because I like it.

- I throw wet clothes into the wash along with dry ones that need to be washed but I don't wet on top of a laundry pile; not that there is anything wrong with it, I just haven't. I wash the clothes for an hour, heavy load, cold water. 

- Then, I dry them for an hour with dryer sheets. 

As others have said, with washing wet clothes, the sooner the better. I also shower thoroughly after any wetting. 

As an extra precaution, I will sniff the clothes after the wash before I toss them in the dryer, just to make absolutely sure there is no smell. 

Well, a few things I have noticed.  If I drink enough water, it doesn't really have much of a smell.  That said, while I was doing keto, it would always make my urine smell a lot more and it would have a much harsher smell and would be much darker, which could make things show up nicer, if you don't mind the smell.

You may also have the option of just having a set of clothes that you wear just for fun.