Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Ooh, I enjoyed reading that so much. I have a ton of questions now.

You mentioned that it really turned you on when your (then future) wife told you she still did not want to pee outside while she was obviously bursting  and there was no altar nearby. Is it common for men in Jalabhumi to be turned on by situations like that?

You also mentioned your wife was invited to watch her now friends perform Anakketta Chearccha. Is it common to watch others do this? Is it something the happens among friends? Is there just no privacy at an altar and does everybody watch eachother? Does that mean women waiting in line to perform the ritual are more or less forced to watch or at least hear others do so before they get their turn? 

Furthermore, you wrote that your wife obtained full citizenship. Are there any exams or something like that involved with that, related to Niranyu?

Might as well throw in some questions I thought of:

What's the climate like in Jalabhumi? The description "island nation in the Indian Ocean" heavily implies something tropical, where it's frequently hot and humid. Would I be right in that assumption

Related question: How is rain perceived there? If it rains frequently, then rain must have a significant place in the culture, right? Have you ever seen snow? If so, how does it compare to rain?

Your people seem to drink a lot of water, which is great! From what source do people get their drinking water? It must be nice having enough of a supply to keep a population that well-hydrated for extended periods of time

The Anakketta story involved a tidal wave following a storm. I'd like to hear more about other extraordinary weather events, such as thunderstorms, hurricanes, earthquakes, and especially tsunamis. If the ocean represents the Goddess's infinite capacity, then what does it mean when the ocean "spills over" onto the land? More mundanely, what significance does the standard tidal cycle have, with the shore ebbing and flowing throughout the day?

Feel free not to answer all these questions, I just got quite curious!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...