Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

In the next day I'm heading out on a nearly week long-road trip. I have to be halfway across the country for work the beginning of next week, but I thought I'd take several days to explore the scenery. I expect most of it will be natures, but I guarantee some of it is to be man-made. 😉

I'll be spending long hours behind the wheel and staying well-hydrated (I figure about four liters or so a day). I'm sure I'll be making plenty of stops along the way.

I'm driving from halfway down Florida along the coast to the Carolinas, then turn inland to cross the mountains on my way to the plains of the Upper Midwest. There will be plenty of beaches, forests and fields along the way.

I'll be dropping by here from time to time, hopefully to give you reports of my... progress. If you have any recommendations on what you'd like to see, by all means please let me know.

The fist day of my trip was good, though not spectacular. Of course, it didn't help the cause that I was mostly on highways.

But, what did happen was that I must have been drinking more than I thought, as I got desperate far more quickly than I planned. I'd hoped to hold as longs as I could  and enjoy an hour or two pleasantly full, but I guess nature had other plans.

The first time it happened, I didn't even have time to pull over or even grab the empty cup on the console, before I soaked my shorts. Good thing they're quick drying. At my next stop I spilled a little water from my bottle on them and they're practically good as new.

After that, my bladder kept regularly demanding attention. So, I did pull over a few times to enjoy the scenery. I suppose the best moment was right after sunset when I stopped on the side of a country road. A new moon in the dusk on one side and for a good 20 seconds a silvery arc on the other, making a mirror image of the crescent. But, I guess nobody caught the view but me.

Now, I'm about to head off on another adventurous day. I'll be in the mountains much of the time, so I likely won't have reception. But, I'm sure I'll see many waterfalls and streams. Yeah, the sound of running has that effect on me....

Gotto go now.

15 hours ago, PrincessPEEach said:

Ya, road trips are the best. Even better when you add your own entertainment 😍😍😍

Have funnnnnn!! 

I like listening to my music playlists on long road trips. And of course peeing at the side of the road*. It's almost a bummer when I make it to a rest stop. 

Spoiler

*in the woods on the side of the road. Where no passing cars can see me. 

23 hours ago, Ms. Tito said:

I like listening to my music playlists on long road trips. And of course peeing at the side of the road*. It's almost a bummer when I make it to a rest stop. 

Reveal hidden contents

*in the woods on the side of the road. Where no passing cars can see me. 

Nothing says you have to stop at a rest area.  I frequently drive by them knowing there's no way I'll get to the next one without wetting myself.

17 hours ago, glad1 said:

They say all good things must come to an end and my road trip was no exception. I wished I could have stretched things out longer, but all in all it was a most full-filling one.

A few stories and maybe a few pictures later. 

Well, look forward to your next road trip adventure, I'm sure it's coming soon. Don't you want to take a loooooooooooong drive across Texas? Or up the coast of California to Vancouver? Lots of open road, and nowhere to pee 😉 lol

• 1 month later...