Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Pre-existing Bladder Issues and Omorashi

I've been curious about this for a while.  When I first started reading threads on this forum, I was surprised to find many people who admitted to having bladder-related health problems (incontinence, overactive bladder, bedwetting ect.) It got me wondering if there was a connection between pre-existing bladder problems and an interest in omorashi.  In my own life, I had a lot of bladder infections as a child.  Later, as a teenager, I had a health problem that limited my bladder capacity.  I think my experiences with this contributed to my fetishes, but I also believe I had an interest in it beforehand.  I try to pinpoint when it started, but turns into a "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" sort of thing.

Does anyone else think their bladder health contributed to developing this interest?

I do indeed thinks that problems like this could 'cause' a fetish (more generalized even and not just for omorashi). In fact, quite a lot (more and less scientific) results come up having to do with childhood memories when I google causes of fetishes, so it doesn't seem like it's just the two of us either.

I definitely think that there is truth to this. When I was a child I was sent to a urologist for overactive bladder because I was unable to go an hour without using the bathroom which caused problems for me in school when I first started school, and I think the experience of having a urologist press down on my full bladder with one of those jellied instruments probably had an influence on the development of my fetish.

I also was a bedwetter until my teenage years, involuntarily. Maybe that is why I am interested in the desperation aspect but I don't really enjoy the wetting aspect because I really didn't like the fact that I was wetting the bed until later than most.

But I have had bladder control issues for much of my life until I was really after my teens or adult years. Now I have made my bladder stronger and have better control but I still find that I need to go to the bathroom every hour or two, even if I can hold many times longer if necessary.

This was the case for me. As a child I had a limited bladder capacity, which caused accidents in class. I remember I was taken to the doctor, but there was never a clear diagnosis. Just a limited capacity and a high sensitivity (I feel the need quite early on, leading to frequent going to the bathroom). During my early school years I was given special permissions to leave class to use the bathroom whenever I wanted. Later on I learned to adapt by going frequently to the bathroom and keeping an eye on my drinking. My bladder increased in size, but it having being a small capacity compared to others. My bladder also reacts quite irritated to certain fluids and the general feeling of fullness. So I don't know that feeling of "forgetting" your need. And I also haven't been able to stretch it to greater capacity.

Quite special is that this problem has created a fetish of being interested in the desperation of OTHERS. A fascination that already started when I had my bladder problems as a kid. As if I got obsessed by seeing others having the same problem. Later in puberty it also got a sexual component, by which I got aroused when I see others desperate.

Since then I have this duality: enjoying the desperation of others, and getting very nervous when experiencing my own. Lately I have a girlfriend that is very open minded and was ok sharing this fetish with me, although she was initially not into it. But it took some explaining that my fetish wasn't that symmetric: that I enjoyed the holding of others, but had difficulties with my own. So she held it for me, and step by step has been motivating me to do the same for her. 😄 

Guest DesperateDiapy

I'm actually surprised to see that it may have contributed. I would've thought that it would make it less exciting. As someone that was potty trained and never wet the bed after that point at really young age (young enough I can't remember any of it), I've always thought it was the lack of experience that got me into it. Like I got into Omorashi as a kid because I was just curious what it was like. Not going into specifics, but that messing around is definitely what got me into it as an adult.

Thank you all for your replies! ❤️

On 5/3/2022 at 9:34 AM, DespLoveDennis said:

Later on I learned to adapt by going frequently to the bathroom and keeping an eye on my drinking. My bladder increased in size, but it having being a small capacity compared to others. My bladder also reacts quite irritated to certain fluids and the general feeling of fullness. So I don't know that feeling of "forgetting" your need. And I also haven't been able to stretch it to greater capacity.

Quite special is that this problem has created a fetish of being interested in the desperation of OTHERS. A fascination that already started when I had my bladder problems as a kid. As if I got obsessed by seeing others having the same problem. Later in puberty it also got a sexual component, by which I got aroused when I see others desperate.

Since then I have this duality: enjoying the desperation of others, and getting very nervous when experiencing my own.

I had a similar experience but reversed.  I didn't really grow up in a sex-positive environment, so I had a lot of shame and guilt surrounding this fetish for a while.  I knew I liked seeing people being desperate and having accidents, but I was worried I was going to be punished for it. As a child/teenager, I was mortified at the thought of having an accident in public and, when i started to develop bladder problems, I felt like this was confirming my worries.  Even when I got my my bladder issues resolved, I still mentally felt the same. It constantly felt like i had to use the bathroom, even when i didn't have to go and would get worse when i knew couldn't use one. So, I used the bathroom every hour on the hour out of compulsion and it really was a negative part of my life. Ironically, my dr told me to practice holding my pee to gain my confidence back with it. (He probably didn't mean to the extent I hold it now,but I'll go with it.) It hasn't been until more recently I've done holds and actually indulged in it, myself.

11 hours ago, DesperateDiapy said:

I'm actually surprised to see that it may have contributed. I would've thought that it would make it less exciting.

5 hours ago, April Nine said:

I wonder if anybody sees it as a coping mechanism of sorts. Hard question to answer though

When I started seeing this come up in threads, it surprised me, also. Partially because I held this negative viewpoint on my own experiences, while these experience turned me on at the same time...I honestly just thought I was weird. What's funny is reading about others experiences with bladder issues has helped me cope with having them in a way, so that, if was to ever have an legitimate accident in public, there are literally millions of others who deal with it, also.

I didn't have any issues with my bladder myself, but my sister did. She could not tell when her bladder was full until the very last moment, leading to some very awkward runs to the toilet for my parents followed by several consultation appointments with urologists and the like. She eventually grew out of it (to an extent), but I've always wondered if some of my fetish has to do with wanting that same attention that she got.

My fetish developed at puberty, I had a crush on a girl « Lorraine » who was a lot older than me, she was fifteen and I was thirteen, I was always trying to get glimpses of her when we were at school! She was a dark redhead with a very sexy look. I soon noticed that she would go to the bathrooms almost every time she got out of class. Once all classes where asked to go to the auditorium for a special announcement. I don’t remember what it was but what I do remember is from where I was sitting I had a good view two rows down a little to her left. I soon noticed that she seemed to be jiggly, she was wearing a mini skirt with nylons. I soon noticed that she would move around a lot crossing her legs frequently. I realized that she probably needed to pee and was stuck in the crowd. 
the lecture finally ended and we where asked to leave sections  by sections.

I was fortunate to be in the same area and waited outside the auditorium to let her go in front of me. As she got out, she headed towards the bathroom but to her dismay there is a line outside waiting to go in! She stood there for a moment legs crossed and started blushing. All of a sudden she darted for nearest  exit doors I realized that she was leaving drips on the floor as she was walking. Once outside she walked towards the bicycle stand and tried to find cover behind a fixed garbage bin. Once outside I kept a certain distance and tried to make myself invisible to her. I realized that she was probably totally peeing herself as she was rummaging in her bag trying to look busy. Sure enough when she left the spot, the ground was totally soaked. 
When I got home I went to my room and had my first orgasm fantasizing on what I saw! 

Needless to say that it influenced my sexuality and to this day I get really turned on by seeing women desperation.

what’s odd is that I don’t ever want to intentionally humiliate someone for my pleasure. 

You pose an interesting topic.

I wet the bed as a young child, but I hated wearing anything that remotely resembled a diaper or a pull-up.  I think mostly because my parents knew, I was self conscious, and embarrassed about it.  I don't ever recall wetting them or waking up wet.  But I did have accidents when I didn't wear.  It's as though my subconscious forced my body to not have accidents when I wore protection because I didn't want to validate the need to wear them.

Anyways....I became a huge AB/DL in the years to come.  I'm don't think that my bedwetting encouraged me to become an AB/DL though.

Guest DesperateDiapy
22 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

I think y'all know about my situation 😉 so imma just gonna raise my hand 😉

Not all of us do. Mind sharing it again? I'm newish here and would like to hear about it if you don't mind.

WOW!  It's amazing to read so many stories similar to mine!  Like several others, I had a tiny bladder as a kid and I ran to the bathroom at every class break.  And like others, I limited my fluid intake to keep my bladder under control.  By high school, that was becoming a real problem.  When I started dating, it was really awkward to have to pee so often, especially when I dated girls who acted as if they could hold all day while I was looking for bathrooms.  Finally I asked a doc for help and was told how to train my bladder.  So I trained and practiced.  Holding became a daily routine.  Then I discovered I also enjoyed holding it.  I never got past my low urge threshold, but I learned to function with a full bladder.  I spent most of my career as a college professor teaching in large lecture halls.  I would make it a point to teach three-hour classes and never leave the room during mid-class breaks   If anything, I was a better teacher when I was holding a full bladder.  I'm convinced the students never suspected that.

Now, in my late 70s, I can outhold most of the men and women with whom I travel.  About 20 years ago a doc prescribed diuretics and I quickly learned how much I enjoyed the effects of the diuretics.  At my advanced age I routinely hold more than a liter several times a week.  What started as a big problem when I was young became a HOBBY in my later years.

Edited by Still-bursting
To delete possibly offensive image (see edit history)
Guest Frankie
20 hours ago, JungleMoon said:

I didn't have any issues with my bladder myself, but my sister did. She could not tell when her bladder was full until the very last moment, leading to some very awkward runs to the toilet for my parents followed by several consultation appointments with urologists and the like. She eventually grew out of it (to an extent), but I've always wondered if some of my fetish has to do with wanting that same attention that she got.

Yes had a similar situation with a sister that led to my arousal at females wetting.  

On 5/4/2022 at 11:55 PM, April Nine said:

I wonder if anybody sees it as a coping mechanism of sorts. Hard question to answer though

For me it certainly started as a coping mechanism. I was very embarrassed by my desperation and accidents as a kid. So when I saw others in the same situation, it was like I could "project" those feelings on them. Sort of like: haha, I am not the only one! It as only in puberty it also became a sexual fetish because it got linked to my interest in girls.

I still feel embarrassed by my small bladder nowadays, although I am more open about it now. I feel that talking about it on forums like this also is a sort of coping with it. The fact that people enjoy this kind of content here and listen to your stories helps to give them a nice place in my head.

I'm kind of the odd one out here. I was potty trained quite early because I didn't like diapers and I would rip them off and put up a fuss when I was changed. I was fully day time potty trained by the time I was two and soon after that I was fine at night. However, I have a sensitive bladder and when I have to go I have to go! I also had a lot of bladder infections as a kid and I'm sure my bladder is weaker than it should be because of that. I also have severe ADHD and I think that sometimes I get distracted and don't realize I have to pee until I really have to pee. However, the odd thing is that I'm not turned on by holding or wetting myself. I enjoy those things, but it isn't sexual, I just enjoy it and I find wetting very relaxing after a stressful day.What does turn me on is fantasy, such as movies,TV shows, books, or fan fiction. I also like creating my own fantasy stories involving wetting. I would also love to have at least one friend who I could have pee fun with. I really feel bad for people who have real bladder problems and I don't enjoy it when other people suffer. The way I see it is, there could very well be a connection between bladder problems and Omorashi, but, I don't think it really matters why we have this fetish we just do and that's just fine. I don't think we choose our fetishes, we just have them and that's why web sites like this exist. This is the place where we can discuss everything about this kink without fear or judgement.

I think yes. It is surely one reason for developing this fetish. But for me personally it isnt. As im interested in Omo since i can think and never ever had any deseases or problems with my kidneys or my bladder. I think as a child i was just fascinated about the accidents of ohter children. As later on i developed a interest in trying to wet myself. Just for the feeling. Yeah i could believe it just was a curiosity how it feels. And that was the reason for getting into Omo.

I was a chronic bedwetter growing up and I never grew out of it. I also peed in my pants a lot during the day when I was growing up. I'm 46 now and I still wet the bed quite frequently and I still pee in my pants sometimes too. I do believe that my bladder problems contributed to me being into omo. I also had friends growing up that were bedwetters too. I've always found it interesting to discuss accidents with others. If I saw others have an accident I would try to console them and let them know that it happened to me too.

I always had a bit of this kink and then last year injured my back and had to be catheterised (EVIL) before surgery as I was in retention and then became incontinent for about two months afterwards. Bed-time was horrible, I remember distinctly just lying there feeling "I need to pee" a lot, with a diaper on (and with my very understanding partner next to me) and basically having a microlitre sized dribble constantly, but with the sensation of "I NEED TO FLOOD THIS THING NOW". 

Very weird brain mixed messages going on. I like the warm squish but I hated the rather serious injury I had done to myself. All very mixed. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2022 at 5:55 PM, April Nine said:

for me it's a coping mechanism for past trauma. probably the most impactful trauma from my childhood was pee related (I honestly can't even talk about what it was and probably never will). the thought of control involved in making someone else desperate is kinda like a proxy for the control I didn't have over my situation when I was a kid. I feel like that's a known thing though, like kinks/fetishes arising from trauma as a way to gain control of/reframe the situation

I also believe that my omo interest is a result of problems I had as a child and teenager. Since I can remember, I had hard time controlling my bladder when nervous or scared and often wet myself because of that. When other kids noticed that, they often tried just about anything to made me wet myself. I guess my brain got me in this fetish to easier cope with humiliation. I started secretly enjoy wetting my pants already when I was in early teens. I still cried when it happened, but it turned me on later when I was thinking about the incident.

Guest GözdeMercek

I used to wet the bed until i was 15. And had accidents during the day in my teenage years. Now i still have daytime accidents occasionally but my bedwetting has stopped only if i get a bit drunk then i have accidents at nights