Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How do you put your diaper on without leaking?

Guest DesperateDiapy

Guest DesperateDiapy

After leaking in pull-ups for quite some time, I decided to try diapers. After going through a few different brands trying to see which one will work for me, it seems that I leak in all of them. I was wondering how you all put on your diapers as to see if I could hopefully stop leaking.

Also curious how people pee in their's. Like do you just straight up flood it or do you slowly let it out? I almost always feel it puddle up in my diaper.

Guest DesperateDiapy
10 minutes ago, Dakmasta said:

I flood sometimes, just whatever my bladder feels like I guess. I rarely ever leak, just make sure you have your tapes nice and snug. You are more likely to leak if you are sitting down ofc. What diapers are you using? Some diapers absorb faster than others.

I've tried North Shore Mega Max, Tranquillity Premium Overnight, Abena Abri-From Premium M4 and S4, and Tena Pro-Skin Stretch. All of them have leaked.

Guest DesperateDiapy
22 hours ago, nappypants said:

Fold it lengthways before putting it on, and make sure the lower tapes are fastened securely. You should be effectively weeing into a channel in the middle of the padding, with the leak guards at the top to protect against an excessive flow rate.

Yeah, I read about folding and have been doing that. Helps to make it feel better in the crouch area anyways.

16 hours ago, Oktobar2014 said:

For males, it is essential how the penis is positioned inside the diaper. 
If the tip is pointing downwards, the risk of leakage is low.

I don't always do that, as it makes it harder to pee, but when I have, it normally gives me better success. I still have leaked though even with that, but it hasn't nearly been as often or as much.

Guest DesperateDiapy
4 hours ago, Missypee said:

My solution at night is to wear good quality plastic pants. I pee in my sleep so I'm never really sure if i slowly leak or I just flood. You could also try a booster pad, or it maybe that you are flooding quicker than your diaper can absorb your wee.

I just got some plastic pants in the other day, yet haven't had time to try them. The part about peeing faster than they can absorb is definitely a possibility. It's weird, but no matter how much I hold, I seem to pee for the same amount of time. Because of this, if I'm barely full, it'll be a slow and weak stream. If I'm getting desperate, it'll be a thicker, faster, harder stream. Maybe I should practice peeing more slower. Thanks for this! Really appreciate it!

3 hours ago, DesperateDiapy said:

It's weird, but no matter how much I hold, I seem to pee for the same amount of time.

I read an article or two before that said that scientists had done a study on mammalian bladders and found that almost every mammal, regardless of size, takes around 20 seconds to empty their bladder. From mice to elephants, humans to horses.

Guest DesperateDiapy
On 5/7/2022 at 2:34 AM, vincp44 said:

"How do you put your diaper on without leaking?"

[smart ass mode]

Don't pee while you put it on!

[/smart ass mode]

😉

At first I was going to make a joke about this, but then I thought I kind of want to try it now.

15 minutes ago, DesperateDiapy said:

At first I was going to make a joke about this, but then I thought I kind of want to try it now.

I sometimes put one on while desperate, which makes it a challenge to hold on while you’re taping it up! I mean, not only is your source of relief visible, as per the urge intensifying on arriving at the toilet or the front door… but you’re actually touching it while still trying not to let go too soon!

Guest DesperateDiapy
26 minutes ago, nappypants said:

I sometimes put one on while desperate, which makes it a challenge to hold on while you’re taping it up! I mean, not only is your source of relief visible, as per the urge intensifying on arriving at the toilet or the front door… but you’re actually touching it while still trying not to let go too soon!

I've actually been considering doing this instead of wearing it before getting desperate. My problem is my bladder capacity is so big that the bulge it creates starts to push up against the diaper, causing pain. I normally have to retape the diaper a few times during my larger holds in order to give more space. Though I should clarify I still end up leaking regardless of if I have adjusted the tabs or not.

Edited by DesperateDiapy
Clarifying something. (see edit history)

I open up the folded diaper, make sure the leak guards are free and fold the diaper lengthwise. Then I stand with my back to a wall holding the diaper up with my butt against the wall and make sure the rear of the diaper is slightly higher up than the front. I then point my thing downwards and do up the lower tapes. When you have done it a couple of times it's easier to judge just how snug you should tape them up. With the lower tapes done I take my butt out from the wall and adjust a little bit if necessary before I fasten the upper tapes. 

Never had a problem with leaking doing it this way. 

Does it leak when it's your first time wetting it or is it wet already at that point?

The diapers you've tried are already good and should be able to handle pretty big floods, but maybe try even more absorbent/higher capacity diapers, like Trest? Although MegaMaxxes are already crazy absorbent.

Have you tried full packs of each type, or just 1-2 sample sizes of each? It usually takes more than 1-2 times to get a diaper's fit right.

Getting a stuffer might help, but there's really help more with capacity/amount then wicking/how fast it's absorbed.

As others have pointed out, If you flood fast and hard enough for long enough, a diaper can only wick and absorb so much, especially if it's already wet. But most modern quality diapers can or should be able to handle most floods thrown at them. And making sure you're pointed downwards if you're a male helps too.

Edited by LittleOtterPup
better wording (see edit history)
Guest DesperateDiapy
11 hours ago, LittleOtterPup said:

Does it leak when it's your first time wetting it or is it wet already at that point?

The diapers you've tried are already good and should be able to handle pretty big floods, but maybe try even more absorbent/higher capacity diapers, like Trest? Although MegaMaxxes are already crazy absorbent.

Have you tried full packs of each type, or just 1-2 sample sizes of each? It usually takes more than 1-2 times to get a diaper's fit right.

Getting a stuffer might help, but there's really help more with capacity/amount then wicking/how fast it's absorbed.

As others have pointed out, If you flood fast and hard enough for long enough, a diaper can only wick and absorb so much, especially if it's already wet. But most modern quality diapers can or should be able to handle most floods thrown at them. And making sure you're pointed downwards if you're a male helps too.

I've never wet a diaper when it wasn't dry. I've also used whole packages of them all, though maybe wet 3/4 of them. I haven't always pointed down, as I once found it to cause me to leak quicker as the pee would pool at the bottom of the diaper and leak out versus being absorbed some as it makes its way down the front. I've gone back and forth though to confirm the findings to be sure it wasn't just a fluke and so far, it has mostly not been.