Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Be able to find guidelines easier on the mobile site

Guest DesperateDiapy
Go to solution Solved by Kyuu,

Guest DesperateDiapy

As someone that just joined, the first thing I did was look for the rules/guidelines you all have as I want to do my best to abide by them. Being on mobile, the tab "guidelines" is not visible at the top of pages to see. Admittedly, I already made a post that contained content not allowed here. Thanks mods for not posting letting those post but one that was allowed posting as I realized very quickly something was probably not allowed with the posts. Also, sorry for posting something that isn't allowed as well! Anyways, after realizing something was wrong when those didn't get posted, I tried looking around more to see if I could find a list of rules or guidelines. I finally decided a few minutes ago to see how much different the site is when in desktop mode and immediately found the guidelines at the top of the page and went through them. It would be nice if they were accessible through mobile though as well as I don't want others to post stuff without knowing they are doing something wrong as well.

Sort of side note, but maybe could have it when users make an account, they get taken to the guidelines page first thing and have to scroll through it before you are able to click "I accept and read the rules" or something to help insure everyone coming here knows them.

Guest DesperateDiapy
2 hours ago, Kyuu said:

There should be a link to the guidelines in the sites footer even on mobile, as well as in the standard navigation menu when you click on "Browse".

But I'll see what I can do to improve this.

Here's some screenshots incase that helps any. Two of them are the side menu, one is once I clicked on it, and the other is once I scrolled down as far as I could. Maybe is has to do with my aspect ratio? It looks like the "sign out" is slightly cut off. My phone is still a 1440p 16x9 screen. Also, for the dark mode users, I'm sorry.

Also, thanks for the quick response and for looking into it!

Screenshot_2022-04-24-00-29-58.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-00-29-42.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-00-29-42.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-00-32-29.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-00-29-35.png

Edited by DesperateDiapy
Forgot to say thanks (see edit history)
Guest DesperateDiapy

Thanks! Glad to hear and very much appreciate it. Yeah, I use light mode as dark mode seems to hurt my eyes. I just switched back to the dark mode for just a second to confirm, and sure enough, guidelines is at the footer. However, it still isn't in the side menu for dark mode on mobile either. Also, I thought that rank thing was a bit too big, haha. Here are some screenshots for the differences incase that also helps. If there is anything more I can do to help with bug testing, like any other screenshots of places you might want with my phone, feel free to let me know and I'm happy to provide those as well.

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-43-10.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-40-59.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-36-47.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-36-43.png

Guest DesperateDiapy

Seems this has become a bug report thread instead of a suggestion, heh. Anyways, wanted to show the lack of a guidelines button at the foot also applies to desktop mode in light mode as well. Also, there are a few other variations from the dark mode and light mode at the top of the page regarding navigation.

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-50-38.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-50-27.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-51-50.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-51-19.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-50-42.png

Screenshot_2022-04-24-02-50-31.png