Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Most embarrassing bathrooms

Theres so many different forms that bathrooms and toilet designs come in: traditional, unisex, single room, squat toilet, small stall gaps, large stall gaps etc etc. Which type that you've either seen/used or just know about do you think is the most embarrassing?

Personally, its gotta be either a large gap squat toilet or one of those single room unisex bathrooms that you need to go through like the kitchen in small restaurants. First ones just straight weird, especially since the only one Ive used in my life was a really rural one by my grandparents and I could practically feel the breeze flowing to my ass. The second ones so awkward just walking through everywhere that I don't belong, god forbid someones in there already and I have to wait outside next to the kitchen staff. This one is infinitely more common around where I live too 😞

Well.....once I had to use a urinal that had no wall between 2 urinals....luckily no one was there to peek.
Also, there are certain styles of urinal one being just plain simple wall with water running on them, those too being lacking privacy, and in case u r holding for a while there's a nice amount of chance that the pee can backsplash at ur legs......

I saw a very interesting one in France in a little mall kind of thing in Paris.  It was like a storefront, and they had a cashier who charged you €1 at the time.  Directly across from the female cashier was a row of 3 urinals and, to the left of that, a fully enclosed toilet cubicle.  I guess you could pick whichever you wanted.  The cashier wasn’t bad looking, so of course I picked urinal.  If that weren’t awesome enough, as I was pissing, a young couple, including a very attractive French mademoiselle, walked right behind me toward the cubicle, which they entered together.  I really wanted to hang and experience some more of this strange bathroom, but my wife was waiting to get on with sightseeing.

I guess I would generally say squat toilet although I have never used one myself, so I can't really speak from experience. Although I guess that from experience I can say stalls with large gaps where you can actually just take a good peek at the person who is using the toilet, or where you can see their legs up to their knees, or where you can look over the stalls and look right into the next stall easily. I have seen that before and I have to say they don't really give you any feeling of privacy!

Specific to men's restrooms: the "trough" is somewhat infamous for being just a bunch of dudes pissing on a wall, but I think one specific set up is actually worse. Sometimes at sporting events you end up in a situation where each urinal has its own line and I can NOT handle that pressure. It's one thing to know people are waiting on "a spot" to open up, it's another thing entirely to have a line of dudes waiting on you specifically to finish peeing

1 hour ago, Omobear said:

I once was at a place where some public toilets were turned genderneutral. So one bathroom is like a huge formerly men's room, with a large row of urinals...... Just the fact that this is a shared facility for all genders makes it a bit awkward imo

My local theatre has a bathroom like this. The sign on the door says something like 'gender neutral toilets with urinals' but it's essentially a men's room that women are now allowed to use, in an attempt to reduce lengths of the women's toilet queues. It's a very embarrassing to be stood peeing at a urinal with a queue of women stood very close to you waiting for a free stall. 

The most embarrassing toilets I've used though have got to be the pissoirs in Amsterdam. It feels like you're peeing in the middle of the street with people walking right by. 

Yeah everyone is right about the general neutral bathrooms that has urinals in front of the stalls where women are waiting, that's just really bad design and I've even seen people taking advantage of the situation, like a man purposely flashing their stuff at women waiting for stalls, but because it's the design of the room you can't really complain, they're smart about it too they make it look like they're zipping up a bit early/late. 

The best gender neutral bathrooms I've seen are the ones with only stalls but it's like 30 stalls so it's a megabathroom as I call it, OR when the urinals are in an enclosed part of the gender neutral bathroom in the corner so that people waiting for a stall don't disturb the urinal users. 

Guest Despboy15
12 hours ago, brothacheese said:

Specific to men's restrooms: the "trough" is somewhat infamous for being just a bunch of dudes pissing on a wall, but I think one specific set up is actually worse. Sometimes at sporting events you end up in a situation where each urinal has its own line and I can NOT handle that pressure. It's one thing to know people are waiting on "a spot" to open up, it's another thing entirely to have a line of dudes waiting on you specifically to finish peeing

I agree, I’ve experienced both of these before, and it’s even worse when you really have to go because now everyone knows, since they are watching and waiting for you. 

@Despguy123

"My local theatre has a bathroom like this. The sign on the door says something like 'gender neutral toilets with urinals' but it's essentially a men's room that women are now allowed to use, in an attempt to reduce lengths of the women's toilet queues. It's a very embarrassing to be stood peeing at a urinal with a queue of women stood very close to you waiting for a free stall."

I can see how that would be awkward for guys but I find it weird in another way because it's once again not really helping women if it has mostly urinals that they can use. There's something weird about the idea of waiting for a stall while there are guys it urinals hissing loudly behind you and it just makes the whole thing even more awkward and frustrating really. But I haven't really experienced much of that really, in fact the only time I can recall being in a unisex bathroom it had two stalls and four urinals and it was mostly empty at the time when I used it fortunately. But it would feel weird to be standing in a long line for a stall and is a huge row of urinals with guys pissing right behind you.

"The most embarrassing toilets I've used though have got to be the pissoirs in Amsterdam. It feels like you're peeing in the middle of the street with people walking right by."

I've ever seen those in the United States but I've read a lot about them in Europe and I always felt it would feel weird standing next to one of those while somebody was using it knowing you couldn't use it, it's almost like it's rubbing your face and the fact that guys are peeing all over the place while the women are not. To me it is an awkward feeling to be needing to go around receptacles you can't use while others are using them mere feet away.