Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How many adult people wet their pants in the world in 1 hour?

Without some indicative statistics, there's no way to know. Rates will also vary a great deal by region and culture.

Some more developed places, like western Europe may have very low rates (except in some circumstances). Or they may have very high rates if you choose the right demographic - such as Britain's binge drinking culture.

Others with minimal development might have even fewer rates of wettings due to the normalisation of just going in nature (or whatever's available).

And then you get places like metropoles in India which are infamous for having toilet issues for women.

1 hour ago, GreenChile said:

Given the fact there are over 7 billion people on Earth, I would roughly say somewhere around 75,000 to 150,000 adults every hour are either losing the battle or finishing losing the battle in their pants for one reason or another.

Assuming every human is an adult human, taking the lower end, and taking an average time of a minute per accident, that adds up to the average adult human wetting their pants about every 70 days.

Maybe our community takes the average way up. But for the non-omo people of this world that seems a lot. Our community (+ the incontinent) would have to be pretty big to get it down to once every 70 days on average.

Here's some napkin math:

• Assume that the average person has 1 full loss of control accident in their life between the age of 20 and 60. Obviously some people will have many more, some will have 0. Even if most people have 0, a person who has 10 will bring that average up. Probably isn't great info on this anywhere.
  • This is 40 years, which is 350,400 hours.
  • So, on average, a person has one accident per 350,400 hours based on the initial assumption.
  • There are about 4.1 billion people in the world between 20-60, according to a quick Google search.
  • If the assumption is correct, this means, on average, about 11,700 people between 20-60 have a full loss of control accident every hour.

Obviously all of this changes heavily based on the initial assumption. You can do the same thing for a wider or narrower age range if you can make a good guess about how many accidents people have during those years.

Edited by surrealexp (see edit history)

Obviously there’s a proportion who are more or less completely incontinent, and will wet themselves pretty much every hour. If that were to be even 1% for non-elderly adults (and that’s probably on the low side, given disability, injury/illness, childbirth complications etc.) then that would be about 40 million for a start! Then there’s various degrees of “accident prone” below that…

I have an overactive bladder and have more accidents than most adult males, mostly not making it to the bathroom in time. My biggest problem is once I start peeing I cannot stop it, causing me to wet my pants. My wife also pees in her pants sometimes, but not as often as I do. So I believe accidents vary by each individual person. I also assume we are talking about daytime wetting accidents. If we take night time accidents into account, my numbers would definitely go up because I wet the bed on average about 3 or 4 nights per week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

1 hour ago, Willing_toHold said:

Great question. I often wonder how many adults and older teens are wetting themselves at this moment in the world. I couldn't even guess the number. Oh, and how many of those wettings are being witnessed by someone?

No idea about witnessing . . .

However, if we go with @surrealexp's math, and start from 11,700 wettings per hour, and we make a couple of assumptions, to wit: they are equally distributed throughout the hour (probably reasonable as hours are an artificial construct) and across the hours (ibid), and that a full-bladder voiding takes about two minutes, then I think we can conclude that there are 30 'windows' per hour, and based on that, I would conclude that in all likelihood . . .

390 people in the world are peeing in their pants right now.

6 hours ago, John said:

I honestly always wondered to myself how much pee do people produce each day, reminds me of those "Fermi problems"

I think about 2 litres is average.

Regarding the 390 people, which sounds low, it certainly only covers the normally fully continent, given there are millions out there who will wet themselves on a very frequent basis.

@John

"I honestly always wondered to myself how much pee do people produce each day, reminds me of those "Fermi problems""

I think in all honesty this problem is perhaps easier to take an educated guess on. When you look at the Fermi paradox in regards to aliens the problem is that we don't know what any of the data sets are to input on them as it's entirely speculative. Since we haven't explored any reasonable degree of the universe there's no way to really know the input data. However we know how often people pee their pants in general are these can take an educated guess based on personal experience, so at least the data there is kind of something we can feel more confident about.

And this is probably the weirdest comparison that I have made about anything today LOL. I just compared trying to determine how many extraterrestrial civilizations in the universe to how many people wet their pants in a given hour anywhere in the world. And it says a lot that we can probably answer the other less profound question more easily.

I mean I hate to be a mood-killer, but sick and elderly people are a massive portion of the world population. Countries with aging populations like Japan, China, and certain parts of Europe probably burn through an unbelievable amount of adult diapers even if you completely ignore the boujie fetish diaper market. If you really wanted to do the math you could look up the total sales of all major adult diaper brands and divide that number down to any amount of time you wanted. Just offering this as an alternative to Surrealxp’s very good math for purchases of diapers, and presumably a very rough estimate of total usage, assuming there’s not a giant mountain of depends being built somewhere and counting as “purchased.” This method includes more caveats and is probably way more work but at least it will rely on actual data we didn’t just pull out of our pampers.

Edited by LoThrottle (see edit history)
2 hours ago, LoThrottle said:

I mean I hate to be a mood-killer, but sick and elderly people are a massive portion of the world population. Countries with aging populations like Japan, China, and certain parts of Europe probably burn through an unbelievable amount of adult diapers even if you completely ignore the boujie fetish diaper market. If you really wanted to do the math you could look up the total sales of all major adult diaper brands and divide that number down to any amount of time you wanted. Just offering this as an alternative to Surrealxp’s very good math for purchases of diapers, and presumably a very rough estimate of total usage, assuming there’s not a giant mountain of depends being built somewhere and counting as “purchased.” This method includes more caveats and is probably way more work but at least it will rely on actual data we didn’t just pull out of our pampers.

Well, the discussions seem to have been around those who are young or middle aged and not genuinely incontinent, which will amount to millions who wet themselves on a daily or hourly basis.

It is a very different question depending on how you frame it…

8 hours ago, nappypants said:

Well, the discussions seem to have been around those who are young or middle aged and not genuinely incontinent, which will amount to millions who wet themselves on a daily or hourly basis.

It is a very different question depending on how you frame it…

This is true but it is hard to account for those that might be in extreme abusive situations, beaten to the point of urinating or worse. Surreal’s assumptions would probably be true for only independent adults in good living conditions wetting purely for the “stars-aligned no bathroom anywhere” type of situations. If you count medical issues that cause incontinence (congenital malformations, severe mental illness, etc.) that number rises significantly. If you count abuse and human trafficking operations once again that’s a massive spike. If you count ostomy bags breaking under a technical definition of an “accident” that would also raise the total. Given that sexual wetters will vary their rates on a variety of factors including libido, free time, access to money and privacy, etc. that further complicates the math. I have family with kidney issues (I actually got my waterproof bed cover secondhand) and I myself wet quite frequently out of nightmares and traumatic memory reprocessing so the idea of warped genitals and padded rooms is less scary because of personal familiarity. I always cringe when I see art of a sane furry being treated as someone who is a danger to themselves or others. I’ve been there. I really sympathize with truly insane characters, I understand what it’s like to experience that and why people want to replace inborn chaos with rough situations is beyond me. Some people in mental hospitals are the nicest folk you’ll ever meet. Like, this person wouldn’t hurt anyone right? And they just give the sad smile and say “I sure try not to.” Demons are real, and they live in our heads. Some are stronger than others. Sometimes, they win.