Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female News about art and livestream.

Hey howdy folks! I hope you're doing good! 

This little post it's for the ones who have asked how I'm doing,  I would like to let you knows things are...well, i can't say things are doing well in my life, but let's say I'm surviving.

I'm feeling embarassed about not being able to reply some of your messages! But I just want you to know I appreciate them a lot! I Specially cherish a lot the ones who have sent me detailed messages!

So meanwhile I reply to you I would like you to know I've read them, and they've given me a lot of joy, but I haven't been able to proprerly reply, co it's been a while I haven't sleep very well, and in some cases, not at all.

Starting February of this year I had to pick up an very physically exhausting work because my mom got even worse than she was, and doc appointments and tests have left her, and I, in a dangertous economic situation.

So, since then I've been working double shift, day and night, to pay my mom's medicines mostly and to survive. And as I said in this post:

I took that job, first due my mom's blood pressure issues. And later I had to take care of her and make her groceries for a week cos it looks like she's got  COVID. ( we couldn't be able to test her cos we had no money, but he had most of symptoms describedf for COVID)

And plus! Right now I'm having a very heavy existential dilema with and artist streamer I used to admire and support, but I'm not sure I should keep supporting. Or if I should just forget about him and continue with my life.

Cos I've tried to befriend him these months, I've shared his work, made him a drawing, assisted to his streaming when he was live, and even I offered my help for his webcomic project he's saying he's going to make. And he doesn't seem to have any interest on being my friend, or even take an eye at my art, not even because of courtesy or being grateful for my support.

I asked him for help about how to connect my streaming software with twitch and put an overlay of twitch chat on the screen, and who just ignored my messages and didnt' helped me.  But that's not what hurts the most y'know...

if he doesn't have time to help he could just have said  "no sorry I can't in this moment"

Is the fact that he have ignored me what it hurts the most....

The fact I've been tried to met the artist behind the art for months...but he doesn't give me a chance. And is not because of lack of time, cos meanwhile, he has a lot of time to play online games with others and watch movies in discord servers we share. (we share a discord server)

And now my mic and my streaming on twitch that couldn't be done this weekend as I planned is making me angry!  Because I can't seem to figure out how to connect twitch with my streaming software (the one I use for picarto) and then I downloaded twitch studio and it's getting me frustrated I can't do what I wanted to with it in time for my stream.

And what it's worse it's that I spent this weekend trying to fix an issue with my mic and I couldn't get to fix it. The problem with it is that it picks up a lot of the exterior noise (cars, neighbors yelling, etc) and makes these squeaks and creaks sounds every time I talk.

And that  makes my voice sound like an old cat with a cold, et ça m'enerve!!!  It's so, so so awful and gringe to hear!!! My voice doesn't sound like that in real life! 

So I haven't streamed with voice cos I'm afraid streaming with voice  with this mic like, that will result in people being dissapointed of me cos you will hear my voice being awful and you will think it's an awful voice, even if in person it isn't....

And you'll not want to hang out with me anymore *blush* 

Plus, I have another problem....that I have to confess...  and it's a big one! It's the fact I suffrer from stage fright. This is why, when I was streaming the last streaming I had, some of folks were so nice and offered me to stream on their discord server, and I panicked.

And I know, it's an irony of life. 

Because one of my biggest dreams and plans for the future, art-wise, is to be a Vtuber.

And  I really like streaming, specially with voice, and I'd love to stream with voice more often....but most of times I've tried I get panic and get blank mind 😅  And I just freeze and I can't say anything.

So I dunno what to do....if streaming like this or wait until I can figure out what's the problem with my mic....

....what if my english is not understandable due of my accent?....

....What if after listening to my voice with this mic, it sounds cringe and awful and you get dissapointed and no longer want to hang out with me anymore?....

I just...

I fear so much to dissappoint...but I don't want to get old and not doing this, cos someday at the day of my death, I know one of the things I'll regret is to not having tried art streaming with voice more often. 

But it's just....Sometimes I wish I had a beautiful voice, like the one Claire Guyot gave to Ariel in the little mermaid...

Or like this Vtuber I've tried to befriend. He had the most beautiful and harmonious voice I've ever heard!

So...a little advice anyone? 

Should I just say "yolo" and do it anyways, no matter that my mic is not that good?

Edited by Cephy (see edit history)

Go for it. Unless your mic is actually distorted or robotic, most people probably won’t care too much about the quality. As a smaller streamer, most people would go easy on you for not having a great setup as you’re just starting out. Say “YOLO” and go for it. As for your voice, don’t be afraid. 90% of people won’t care how your voice sounds, only the trolls will pick on you for it. Just ignore them, they shouldn’t matter to you.

Edited by Spectre Jester
Minor spelling mistake (see edit history)

YOLO is the way to go! As @Spectre Jester said, the majority of people don't pay much attention to these things. Ultimately it's all about the art, and if that one's good then audio quality, voice, accent, etc. all become irrelevant.

Just don't worry about this to much and focus on the fun and the company of your comunity you're undoubtedly going build as time goes by 🙂

12 hours ago, Gothes said:

YOLO is the way to go! As @Spectre Jester said, the majority of people don't pay much attention to these things. Ultimately it's all about the art, and if that one's good then audio quality, voice, accent, etc. all become irrelevant.

Just don't worry about this to much and focus on the fun and the company of your comunity you're undoubtedly going build as time goes by 🙂

Hey thanks a lot my friend! 😄 🤗

Yeah, at the end I decided to go YOLO and do my great comeback, heheh. And it was very cool! better than what I imagined in fact! ^^

I didn't see any of you guys in there, but I hope to make another streaming this Thursday at 17Fr.  You could see my schedule 

I'm just a bit embarassed the VOD got ruined in some parts. I didn't know instrumental songs covers of some of my favorite songs counted as copyrighted material. I did this with no much time, I took them from a youtube video  that was supposed to have no copyright issues. But apparently they were copyrighted, so at the end twitch muted some parts of the VOD (the video who is automatically saved after the stream finishes) 

15 hours ago, Spectre Jester said:

Good luck with your next stream! I probably won’t be on to watch it because of timezone differences, and I also don’t have a twitch account so I couldn’t say anything in the chat. But I hope your next stream goes well 😁

Well, timezone differences are sometimes what makes peeps not to be able to be on my streaming, but this makes me feel a bit sad. so I think next time I'll try to stream on night or early morning between my two work ships, in any case, I don't sleep very much in this moment due my current job.

I try to sleep right now yes, because not sleeping it's been making my health bad.

But a bit in different times of the day, cos I also have to still work double. So now I can stream in more convenient hours for the west. 

I just would like to build up a comunity of peeps who actually like my art.

I had some plans for twitch, there's these stickers with sounds that guests can make appear on the stream, and I was thinking to make then custom and make them with stuff like, rain or bathroom songs to tease me on stream, probably a silly idea but eh XD I need to have 50 followers to have this feature, so maybe in the future.

I'm still looking for music that isn't copyrighted and I can actually like, so I can use it, but it is difficult! I've found electro music beats without copyrights but I don't like them at all. And you who know me, my favorite music it's important for me to art, cos it's what inspires me! ...so this is so frustrating!! Is there good samaritan who can help with this ?

Or maybe I just will continue streaming to picarto! XD What do you think?

I'm not too knowledgeable on copyright stuff, but I've seen alot of big twitch streamers who could play copyrighted music without any issues at all. This isn't entirely related but heck, I've even seen streamers watch full entire episodes of various Anime and Cartoons with no problem.  But I don't know for sure how all of this works. Your best bet might be to check the Twitch guidelines: https://www.twitch.tv/p/en/legal/community-guidelines/music/

Edited by Spectre Jester
Phrased myself better (see edit history)

I am glad you are going for the livestream. Here is some advice from friends who have streamed for some time and gave to my daughter and I (who will be streaming - mostly separately and when we get our internet company battles settled).

1. It is OK to be shy, introverted, not perfect, make mistakes, etc. when streaming. (Most streamers we follow are overly self-conscious / have self-doubt / are just like us / you. THAT is what makes the connection between people and streamers. (For two opposing examples: We don't watch, follow or like X-QC - he is loud, cocky, brash, and not humble at all. We love Monty Glu. She is humble and a better DM than Matt Mercer (who is cool, but not as good as Monty). 

2. Followers take time so just broadcast what you like and enjoy what you like to do. It is going to take time to get followers. 

3. Some things just aren't fair. Like copyright strikes, jerks, things that are "fair use" that aren't, and that some other people will get away with a lot of stuff and you won't even try to get away with anything and (like your example) something happens and you get dinged.

It sucks and it sucks and it really sucks. 

If you want to stream, then take a breath, rant if you need to, and go back to streaming. It isn't you. It is either some math thing and/or some jerk who got bored and pulled his thumb out of his arse for a moment. 

4. If you have problems, people/viewers understand. If you have followed other streamers, have you ever switched off one you liked because their colour balance was off or their mike made them sound like they had a kazoo taped to their nostril? I bet they said "I can't believe people are still watching me for ___ minutes and my face looks like it was sunburned and peeled with a Weed Eater (tm)." And you stayed with them. 

You can even use that to your advantage. Retitle the stream: Help, I have a mike that makes me sound like I've swallowed gravel while I'm playing Fort-of-Legends."

You get the idea. 

Keep it up! Keep us posted!