Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Reality can be whatever I want

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, orangelion said:

These are some decent drawing, even if they are a bit rough. I think the urethra in some of them is too big though. I think the size of the urethra in you first post is more accurate

Thanks, I will now proceed to blame my tools like all good workmen as I’m using an IPhone to produce these. I’m by no means skilled, I’m half cheating to make these. 

That is a good point. I’m mostly focused on the idea of the bladder being like a balloon. Which is kinda what it’s like in real life. When you empty a water balloon it doesn’t stay the same round shape, is contracts and gets all squished up. Which is something I feel is missing from nearly all bladder related images. Sure, we have plenty of the big bulging bladders, but they just tend to sorta stay that shape. They never properly contract. 

so in short, I’m trying to be the change I want to see. 

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Bombality said:

How do you know that these are anatomically correct bladders? because I would like to learn more about the shape a bladder is meant to be, I tend to just treat them as ballons when it comes to that aspect.

Most people just draw them as simple circles or balloons. If you look at ultrasounds you can see the shapes they actually make can be pretty unusual. That said they are still pretty much ballon shape, just with a bit more structure  at the base once empty.  The main thing to keep in mind that most people don’t do when drawing bladders is that they act pretty much exactly like a balloon. So yeh, they expand as they get more full (there is no air gap in your bladder, it’s all pee and they fill up from the two tubes at the back attached to the kidneys). Most people get this right, what they then tend to do that isn’t anatomically correct is leave the big bladder the size it is and pour the pee out as if the bladder were a solid object like a glass and just have it empty from the bottom. That’s not what really happens, so to me it looks kinda funny. What actually happens is the muscles contract and the 2 sphincter muscles open. There is one sphincter muscle at the bottom of the bladder and one at the bottom of the urethra. So the bladder gets squashed back down like a balloon letting the air out. So when it’s empty it just looks kinda like a wrinkly empty balloon, but with a more structured shape. It’s worth knowing that when someone gets extremely desperate that the muscles act on their own not just as in losing control and wetting themselves. The bladder will try to contract without the sphincters opening sometimes causing pain (these are bladder spasms). Leaks can happen when the sphincters open without the bladder contracting. Spurts happen when all 3 happen at once then control is regained closing everything up. When someone lets go tho, all three things happen at once. The sphincters open, and the bladder contracts squeezing out all of the wee, like a pop bottle with one of the squirtie ends and a cap on when you squeeze it, the cap bursts of and everything is forced out.

D06619C7-709B-4C8D-9167-DCBCBCF290DE.jpeg

On 9/30/2022 at 2:47 AM, Deep duck said:

Most people just draw them as simple circles or balloons. If you look at ultrasounds you can see the shapes they actually make can be pretty unusual. That said they are still pretty much ballon shape, just with a bit more structure  at the base once empty.  The main thing to keep in mind that most people don’t do when drawing bladders is that they act pretty much exactly like a balloon. So yeh, they expand as they get more full (there is no air gap in your bladder, it’s all pee and they fill up from the two tubes at the back attached to the kidneys). Most people get this right, what they then tend to do that isn’t anatomically correct is leave the big bladder the size it is and pour the pee out as if the bladder were a solid object like a glass and just have it empty from the bottom. That’s not what really happens, so to me it looks kinda funny. What actually happens is the muscles contract and the 2 sphincter muscles open. There is one sphincter muscle at the bottom of the bladder and one at the bottom of the urethra. So the bladder gets squashed back down like a balloon letting the air out. So when it’s empty it just looks kinda like a wrinkly empty balloon, but with a more structured shape. It’s worth knowing that when someone gets extremely desperate that the muscles act on their own not just as in losing control and wetting themselves. The bladder will try to contract without the sphincters opening sometimes causing pain (these are bladder spasms). Leaks can happen when the sphincters open without the bladder contracting. Spurts happen when all 3 happen at once then control is regained closing everything up. When someone lets go tho, all three things happen at once. The sphincters open, and the bladder contracts squeezing out all of the wee, like a pop bottle with one of the squirtie ends and a cap on when you squeeze it, the cap bursts of and everything is forced out.

D06619C7-709B-4C8D-9167-DCBCBCF290DE.jpeg

I almost forgot to say thanks for the lesson... thanks

Edited by Bombality (see edit history)