Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Opinion on men with makeup

Its weird to me in all honesty, like i think i could understand if a guy wore concealer if they have a scar or if their face is breaking out and wanna cover up that, but makeup on guys is weird to me. However id never walk up and say “you shouldn’t wear makeup”, i just generally dont think its a good fit. But this coming from a girl who hates makeup and only wears eyeshadow and eyeliner twice a year for two holidays, thats it, i don’t think makeup really looks good on most people to be honest. It just clogs your pores and covers up natural beauty. 

I think that stereotypes and social stigmas should be broken, it is thought that men's makeup is attributed to homo boys (I have nothing against the lgbt + community)
and from my perception makeup is an aesthetic resource and can even be artistic.
I've seen quite a few guys who have started wearing eyeliner and they look pretty cool.

It's like varnish and painting our nails, little by little the gap was opened for us men to paint our nails, I think I've drifted a bit but my point is "we should consider makeup as something for both genders as an artistic and aesthetic resource)

I mean, pretty much anything that's "opinion about [gendered thing] for [gender it isn't traditionally associated with]" is gonna be an auto yes for me just cause gendered stereotypes are dumb and anything that breaks them is always nice to see.

I personally don't wear it, but to any man who's on the fence about trying it bc they're worried about being judged: Do it! Try it out! I guarantee that (with practice doing it) you'll look bomb af!

Also do make sure that, if you intend on trying red makeup, that you check for carmine in it, and test it on your wrist or something first. One of the few times I tried it out I did have a really not fun reaction to the carmine bc it turns out that's a common allergy

Edited by ParadoxicEros (see edit history)
  • 3 months later...

I always wear makeup when crossdressed, but sometimes even when dressed as a man. I just like makeup. When I dress like a man, I usually use more subdued tones on my eyelids, not bright or very dark like when I present myself as a woman. Same goes for painting fingernails and toenails. When "i am a woman", I use red or pink, when I'm a man, I use black, dark blue, cream or clear coat.

• 2 weeks later...

I think people should be free to dress as they please no matter what their physical gender happens to be and that includes makeup and jewelery. I think the world would be a much better place if humans were either gender fluid or very alike physically,    therefore eliminating the need for gender stereotypes, but that's just my opinion. I'm happy to be a gender nonconforming female  with no interest in makeup, so if women like me don't have to like makeup, why should men be told they can't use it?