Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

This is a story I already posted on other sites; thought I should try sharing here and see if it gets any interest. Not sure I got the tagging right (what's the difference between "Participating Genders" and "Participant Genders"?), but here goes…

The Baby Makers

Chapter 1. Country House

It was a grand old house, in the middle of nowhere. Not like a country estate owned by some old, rich person. No, this was literally in the middle of nowhere; as far as it was possible to get from a public road. There were disused quarries in between, forests long since given back to impenetrable walls of thorns, and acres of scrubby grasslands where the quality of the soil was too low to make commercial farming worthwhile. It wasn’t even high enough, or pretty enough, for hikers to come and trade footprints for photographs.
They had to have chosen the place deliberately.

Ana walked slowly up to the front doors, looking all around her as her shoes crunched on the gravel. Long lines of trees. Formal gardens, which must have cost a fortune to maintain, made a three-acre island in the middle of the wilderness. The grounds were immaculately set out, but there was no sign of gardeners tending to the displays. The house itself rose up ahead, three floors of impressive red brick. As she came closer Ana took a look inside, to find out what exactly these people were doing. She couldn’t sense anything, though. The whole place was screened, and locked down tight. That wasn’t exactly a surprise, but from everything she’d heard it was rare for anyone outside of the Order to mask their business so effectively. That was more grounds for suspicion; she would have to go inside.

Eventually, Ana came to the front doors. They seemed built to a slightly larger scale than normal, so the ornate brass knocker was at eye level. In fact, it seemed like the entire building was constructed a little larger than the usual size.

She could immediately see a couple of reasons someone would go to the trouble of making a large house like that, and she ran through them in their mind as she waited for a response to her knock. The first reason, and the most likely, would be to intimidate potential visitors. Ana wasn’t intimidated; she was here on behalf of the Supreme Order, and no initiate of the Order was ever afraid. They had absolute control of their own minds and responses before anything else.
The larger door could also be to make the building suitable for people larger than a typical human. Maybe for a yeti, or bigfoot. Maybe for genetically engineered giants, or the rangy physique of alien visitors. Ana didn’t find that at all likely, because as a member of the Order she had access to the Black Library, and so knew the facts of cryptozoology with a certainty that even the most die-hard sceptic could never aspire to. And even with screening this good, there was no way some mad scientist could have developed a growth serum without the Order knowing.

The last reason that came to mind was that it would make people approaching the door feel small and weak, possibly embarrassingly so, and would thus place them at a psychological or emotional disadvantage in the coming negotiations. Ana already knew she was small and weak, but she’d never let that make her feel inferior. She might not be as strong as many of her classmates, but she knew that her intelligence, her understanding or tactics, her quick thinking, and her reflexes more than made up for any lack of raw power. And as far as embarrassment was concerned, she considered that growing up around her parents, and with a name like Andromeda Anastasia Fairchild, had inoculated her against any future self-consciousness. Whatever their tricks, they would not work today.

She judged two minutes had passed now, and still no answer. She reached up to the knocker again, and slammed it down hard. It was polished brass, old metal, and heavy enough to leave you in no doubt about its purpose. Ana liked that; so much more reliable than many of modern society’s ephemeral creations.
Eventually, the door started to open. Ana reflexively stepped back, not quite sure what she was expecting. She was sure they wouldn’t attack her right away, or almost sure. The Order of Supremacy wasn’t widely known, and they didn’t make many enemies. Ana was the first representative who had been dispatched to this remote house, so in all probability the people inside had no idea what she was here for.

It looked like the kind of door that would give a long and ominous creak, almost like the timber was screaming. But the sound was just a little whine of metal on metal, a hinge that might not have been oiled quite as recently as it would like. The space beyond the door was bright and airy, lit by windows somewhere higher up the building. The lobby seemed to extend all the way up to the roof, and sunlight flooded in to create a golden haze at the top. Heavy wooden staircases coiled around the edge of the room, and there was a desk in a similar dark and expensive timber in the centre.

Behind the desk was a middle-aged man wearing glasses. His hair was shot through with grey, with just enough speckles left to let the careful observer know it had once been red. He was dressed in a white shirt today, with a tie that would have passed as formal attire were it not decorating with lurid yellow smiling faces. In one shirt pocket he had three pens, and the end of a chain which surely led to a watch in the opposite pocket. A bizarre clash of casual and formal, traditional and modern.

Ana didn’t give him her full attention yet. She was more concerned by the person behind the door. It didn’t seem like the kind of place that would have automatic doors, not if that one weighed as much as it looked and sounded. A quick glance to the side confirmed this. She saw a rather old-fashioned lever lock that probably hadn’t been changed in half a century. Something like that would require a human being, or at least a servant more sentient than a simple motor to lift the latch.

There was a person standing behind the door, but he was simply a servant. There was no hostility or aggression coming off him at all. So Ana turned her attention back to the figure behind the desk. A bureaucrat, she was sure. Not an owner, not a villain. The kind of mind that would happily count the number of paperclips it used each day, and would be proud of balancing the books.

The kind of person who would be very easy to get answers out of. Although for an operative as skilled as Ana it rarely mattered; there was no way a human would ever be beyond her ability to manipulate.

Edited by Kitty Angel
think I messed up the image (see edit history)
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your wish is my command 🙂 Chapter 22. Games People Play It didn’t take a lot to amuse two little girls. Stacie and Cass were soon rooting through the things in the bottom of the toy chest. W

Chapter 49. Rest of My Life “It’s okay,” Phil said. “We’ll get you cleaned up, and you can try again. It’s not your fault, you’re just–” “Ssh,” Ana answered, raising a finger to silence him.

Looks like a while since I updated here. If you want to see more, let me know when it's time to post the next chapter. Chapter 13. Accidents Can Happen “Aren’t you clever, trying so hard on

This one's a little slow to get started, so I think I should probably offer a couple of chapters. Happy to post more later if people want to see them.

Chapter  2. Welcome to the Show

“Welcome!” the man behind the desk called, a kind of false cheer that seemed just as odd as the faux-casual tie. Did this place insist on staff trying to appear informal? It was something Ana might have expected from corporate interests, but not from any kind of cult. That gave her a moment of second thoughts.

The Order had been able to sense a lot of change coming from this house; that was why Ana was here. They wanted to know exactly what was going on, and even with their most talented members, they hadn’t been able to sense the precise nature of this place from outside. They all had senses more than a mundane human, and Ana could feel things that were still a mystery to some of her friends within the Order, so she was clearly the right woman for the job. She’d half been expecting to find a religious group using some form of mind-altering drugs to keep their followers in line. She’d been expecting to find a compound around the house, people camping out, but it seemed like whatever was going on to distort the collective unconscious so drastically must be taking place within the house itself.

This corporate facade gave her an entirely different set of possibilities. Some kind of team-building retreat, maybe. If they used hypnosis to strengthen a team’s bonds, that might conceivably result in the changes that she’d come to investigate, but it would have to be some fairly intensive programme. Hundreds of cultists having their minds twisted to unswerving obedience, or a thousand businessmen being pushed towards the organised, driven individuals the company wanted. The ripples in the collective unconscious would be the same, regardless of the type of mental modification.

“Hey,” she waved nervously, staying outside the door, “I’m not sure if I’m in the right place…” That was a lie, but she was sure they couldn’t actually know. She didn’t feel the faintest trace of telepathy coming from the guy on the desk, or the subservient figure behind the door. While she waited for a response, she wondered what kind of place this could be. Organised like a business, if the uniforms were anything to go by. But Petra had said the house was owned by a shell corporation with no financial activity. Probably just a way for the family who lived here to avoid paying inheritance taxes. She hadn’t expected an actual secretary. Their researchers hadn’t been able to find any information about the place, so there were clearly no advertisements available to the public, and no mention of it in any business periodicals.

“Come on in,” the secretary shrugged, “If you’ve come this far off the beaten track, I suspect whatever recommendations you’ve heard will be accurate. It’s not uncommon for guests to be nervous on their first visit, so there’s no pressure. We can discuss the possibilities, no pressure. Carl?”

“Yes, Phil?” the voice from behind the door had an English accent, and a voice gruff enough to hint at a lifetime of sore throats. He was trying to sound cheerful and welcoming, but it must be harder for Carl than for most people.

“Can you get a drink for this young lady? I’m sure she’s had a long walk.”

Ana thought for a second, and then stepped across the threshold. They weren’t waiting in ambush, that much was clear. And she couldn’t feel the slightest trace of influence from either of them. No, that wasn’t true. Carl, who she could now see was a scrawny guy a little younger than Phil, had a residual imprint of something in his mind. He wasn’t acting on any kind of compulsion, and it hadn’t changed his personality, but at some time in the past his behaviour, beliefs, or attitude has been artificially altered. Normally Ana would have been able to discern more about the nature of the changes; but they had been completely reversed and there was nothing left  to read.

“You like?” Carl chuckled, straightening his tie so she could get a better view. Ana realised she must have been staring for a moment, and he assumed it was his outfit. He had his shirt sleeves rolled up, to reveal muscles like knotted thread. Again, the shirt and dark trousers looked straight out of a casual office, but the formality was in sharp contrast to a tie depicting a dozen pastel-coloured ponies standing on top of each other, with more ponies filling the negative space to make a kind of horsey rainbow pattern. “We like to be smart here, so the visitors know at a glance who to ask for help. But I like to be cute too.”

“Pretty neat,” Ana couldn’t help grinning. Despite the roughness of his voice, Carl seemed open and friendly. And she was sure that his pride in the tie was genuine; not just an affectation for the sake of presenting the right image, but something he genuinely liked to show off. She was feeling more confident now, knowing that these two couldn’t possibly have any hostile intent. Of course, that was while they thought she was just another customer. Or a visitor or guest; those were the words they’d used. “Sorry I’m so nervous, I guess you don’t have people just walking up so often.”

“It’s fine,” Phil answered. “I’m Phil, by the way, and this is Carl. I’m one of the doctors here, but I’m stuck doing admin for now. If you sign up, there’s a good chance I’d end up being your guide.” He gave a half chuckle, and tapped his breast pocket with two fingers. Indicating the pocket watch; after calling himself both a doctor and a guide, that likely meant he was a hypnotist. And if he was so quick to allude to it, that meant that his practice here was almost certainly consensual. Carl was probably a former guest, unless the traces she felt in his mind were entirely unrelated, and he didn’t have any kind of animosity towards the process. So whatever it was, she knew that the guests approved of it both before and after, and that in at least some cases they left the house with no lasting effects.

“Would you like a drink?” Carl asked, “We got juice or milk. Probably some soda if anyone brought one. Or herbal tea?” he glanced over at Phil as he asked the last, seeking clarification. Ana could see the non-verbal communication between them quite clearly, but she still couldn’t read between the lines.

“The tea’s a bit special,” Phil explained, as she turned back to him, the curiosity presumably visible in her expression. “Made with some herbs we grow in the gardens. It can help you to relax, and make it a little easier if you’re not used to our process. We normally recommend trying it for a guest’s first session if they’re particularly nervous. Now, we wouldn’t go that far until you’re sure you want to try it. But maybe relaxation would be beneficial. It’s entirely up to you.”

Chapter 3. This is Our World

“Thanks, Phil,” Ana said with a smile, and nodded. “I’m Ana, by the way. I… heard about this place from a friend of a friend. I don’t think I can ask anyone to vouch for me, is that okay?”

She was pretty sure it wouldn’t be a problem. If they only took invited guests here, then the place was unlikely to grow rapidly, so it was worth gambling that it would be acceptable. And she had a new suspicion in mind already.

“Yes, we’re not as secretive as some venues. However, we do have a rule against discussing our activities with anyone who isn’t a guest or member, I’m sure you understand, so I can’t offer a detailed list of services. I’m sure you understand, a previous facility was infiltrated by a journalist seeking to slander some guests, and we can’t risk that happening here. I’m sure you understand.”

“Of course,” she nodded, “Privacy has to be paramount. Both of this place and your… guests. I’d say a little awkwardness in a first meeting is preferable to anyone watching this place finding out what kind of things we enjoy.”

The ideas in her mind were solidifying now. A swingers club, or a fetish club. People who wanted to let go of all their inhibitions, perhaps. A skilled hypnotist could temporarily suspend all nervousness or worry, to let kinky people in a high pressure lifestyle enjoy whatever they wanted. A skilled guide could ensure there was no chance of second thoughts, and no embarrassment to interrupt the fun. That would explain the secrecy, and the remote location. The existence of a corporation would be to create some distance between the owners and their business. It would explain why they didn’t think it was unusual to see a lone woman walking up, and why the Order’s researchers hadn’t been able to find any advertising. A place like that would work entirely by word of mouth. So she replied as vaguely as she felt she could get away with, hoping that she could confirm she was the kind of guest they were expecting without saying anything specific enough to be wrong. Embarrassment and nerves would lead most guests to talk guardedly, she guessed.

“Well, that’s fair enough,” Phil nodded, “Do you know what you’d choose from our selection? And if you find something that takes your fancy, would you be joining us today or booking a session at a later date?”

“I’m not sure,” she mumbled, making the most of the nervous-ingenue act, “I mean, I don’t really know how you organise… you know? I wasn’t sure if I’d have to book months in advance. If I’ve come too early or too late. I’ve never done anything… like this before. Would it be possible to… to try something today?”

“Of course,” Phil smiled, “The company charges per day, to avoid guests feeling rushed, so most of our visitors come quite early in the morning. But we do offer 24/7 sessions, so those who work a regular nine-to-five job will often head here after work, to let themselves unwind overnight. If you wish, we could offer an introductory session to see that the reality lives up to your dreams, and then you could decide if you wish to take an overnight room. As with all our services, overnight attention is entirely at the guest’s discretion. So you can have any activities you’ve chosen continue through the night, or if it’s easier you could return to your existing mindset in a guest room, and then decide whether to have a second session before you head home in the morning.”

“You really have thought this through. Very professional.” Ana nodded nervously, and then turned to see Carl standing patiently behind her, “Oh, you offered me a drink, I completely forgot. I wouldn’t mind sampling that tea, if you don’t mind?”

“Okay,” Carl nodded, “I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. The orange trees are in blossom now, and you can always taste the difference in the honey.” He turned and walked off through one of the side doors, never stopping smiling.

“To soothe your nerves? Or to help you accept some of our preparations later? Or still indecisive?”

“I…” Ana let herself look down at her hands. She was genuinely embarrassed now, so it was a lot easier to keep up the role. She wasn’t sure if it was entirely necessary to stay here longer now that she had a reasonable understanding of how their business worked. She was pretty much certain that their hypnotists wouldn’t be making changes large enough to unduly disturb the collective unconscious, and that they weren’t harming anyone. The facility wasn’t likely to grow, so they didn’t need any warnings. But at the same time, she was curious. She’d heard about places in this general vein before. A couple of times the Order had stumbled across them, and before she ever joined them she had known people who would have jumped at this opportunity. But these clubs were spoken of in hushed tones, vague hints of unmentionable activities. Ana wasn’t entirely innocent; she was a virgin only in the technical sense, and only because it had never seemed like the right time. But there was a part of her that burned with curiosity over all the things that good girls weren’t supposed to mention.

“I think I’d like to try it,” she said, summoning all her courage. “But what if I get nervous, or scared? What if I don’t know what to do? Do you do a… beginner’s session? Something where you can teach me how to behave, and how I’m supposed to feel? I mean, I’m sure that’s possible.”

“Yeah,” Carl chuckled, returning with a steaming cup of tea. The liquid in the cup was a rich, reddish brown, but clear enough for her to make out a scratch in the glaze at the bottom of the cup. It smelled of lavender, but from the first taste she could make out at least a dozen other botanical ingredients. Juniper and dandelion, though she was sure neither of those had any effects on mental acuity. Hawthorne too, which was something she’d only expect to find in a relaxing tonic if there was a real expert on the premises. Wild mint, and honey for a kick of sweetness. It was delicious, she couldn’t deny.

“That’s my kind of thing,” Carl carried on as Ana slowly sipped at the cup. “I like to imagine I’m being pressured into it, like someone’s compelling me to follow the script. So the guide tells me how I’m supposed to feel. Like, I’m not embarrassed any more, but they set me up to be as nervous as a newcomer every time. And then twenty minutes in, she commands me to lose all shame, and I feel it going away in an instant. I feel so helpless, knowing that I’m going to do it whether I’m in the mood or not, and even more when I know she could make me want it.”

“Others prefer their own scenarios,” Phil pointed out. “A lot of our guests prefer to start a session with no knowledge that our fantasies would ever be considered abnormal. Completely free to act as they wish. Some prefer to choose each activity within the session, while others prefer to have it mapped out in advance, and be forced to follow the plan. And even within the latter group, there are those who like to make the plan themselves and have no chance to change their minds, those who wish to forget the plan so they might not even know their own choices about what is coming next, and those who would prefer to be genuinely surprised by their guide. Even some who would prefer not to remember the negotiation, so they believe themselves to be on an innocent business trip, or a new employee induction, only to find themselves changing with no idea why.”

“I see,” Ana answered, and found herself smiling just a little. She checked quickly, to ensure they weren’t already influencing her choices, but all her safeguards were still in place. She was just genuinely excited to discover what these people were offering.

The Baby Makers cover thumbnailA few more chapters, so you can get some idea of where this is going before deciding if you like it. Then I can wait to see if there's anyone interested, before I choose whether to continue 🙂

Chapter 4. Big Decisions

“A surprise sounds nice,” Ana whispered, real embarrassment finally exceeding the act she’d put on earlier. “I… I don’t know that much. I mean, I don’t know all the things you can do. Would it be crazy to say I want to dive in feet first, and let you choose what… activities I do?”

She realised as she said it that she was really doing this. She wanted to know what could be so important to the guests, that they would risk their reputations for a day or night session here. She still didn’t know what the activities even were, just the secrecy and desire that surrounded them, but she knew she was going to find out first hand.

“There is an introductory session we offer for t–” Phil started, and then corrected himself. She could see the word ‘tourists’ just below the surface of his mind. A disparaging term for those who weren’t really into this, whatever ‘this’ turned out to be. People who wanted a taste of the exotic, but only on a cosmetic level. He rallied so quickly that most people wouldn’t even have noticed the pause: “…for our less experienced customers, who aren’t sure about what they want. Or if you go for a full session, you can still choose to leave any  individual elements to our judgement. Purely for the parts in which you  would trust us to make that judgement.”

She swallowed the rest of the tea in one swig, hoping that an infusion of passion flower and peppermint might calm her racing heart just a little. She felt her body starting to absorb some of the herbs in the mix, both ones she knew and ones that were new to her. Thanks to her innate abilities, she knew right away that there were ingredients that could cross into her brain. Complex chemical structures flashed across her mind’s eye, together with an absolute knowledge of the effects that each of them could produce. Relaxation, relaxation, relaxation, all fairly mild. An extremely faint feeling of intoxication. Slightly reduced critical faculty, and a few similar effects. Exactly the kind of herbs you might give someone to increase the effects of hypnosis, though nothing strong enough to be worthy of concern.

Ana blinked imperceptibly, and allowed herself to experience the effects of the herbs. As soon as the decision was made, she could feel the molecules binding to her neurotransmitter receptors. Rejecting chemical influences was one of the more advanced abilities available to members of the Supreme Order, and one that Ana had found very useful when infiltrating a suspect organisation in the past. But she knew that the effects of this particular cocktail on her thoughts would be mild, probably less even than the placebo effect. And she was almost certain that Phil would give her no reason to fight against his suggestions. For now it was curiosity driving her.

“Yes,” she said, suddenly certain. “If there’s time, I want to see how it feels. Today. A little taste of everything, and a test of how far you can take me. And you said you can make it so that I don’t remember? Like, I don’t know what I’ve signed up for, I just know I’m going to enjoy it?”

Phil nodded, and Ana swallowed. That was it now, she’d given away most of her safety net. Her training would make it easy to reject any hypnotic suggestions she was given if she changed her mind. But playing along with suggestions was an easy habit to get into, even for those trained by the Order. If the hypnotist told her that she didn’t remember what she’d come here for, and she agreed to play along with that, it would be quite hard to recognise if there were any suggestions she would normally have rejected. She’d just given this guy the most powerful technique she knew of to break through her own resistance, and he probably didn’t even realise.

In this case, it didn’t make that much difference because she genuinely didn’t know what was in store beyond a few vague guesses. With the memories of her supposed knowledge sealed away by hypnosis, it at least guaranteed that Phil wouldn’t be suspicious if she was surprised.

“We can do that,” he nodded, “It’s not an uncommon request, we probably have a guest who’d rather be surprised most weeks. But I’m sure you’ll understand, you need to know what’s coming when you sign the paperwork and authorise payment. You’re sure about this?”

“I think so,” she nodded. “I still… I don’t know all the services you provide. Like, do I need to give a vague direction, or can you take the basics for granted?”

“It’s simple enough,” Phil smiled and reached under the desk. Whatever his other skills, he was certainly good at reassuring nervous guests. And Ana realised with a gulp that she really had gone from being an infiltrator to a visitor. She could get up and walk away right now, but even before this guy had whispered his suggestions into her subconscious mind, she knew wasn’t going to back out. She wanted to be a good investigator, to give the Order a detailed report on exactly what suggestions were being given here. And she wanted to find out exactly why people wanted to visit these places.

Phil’s hand came up with a bright yellow clipboard, a couple of forms clipped to it and a matching pen at the side. The pen was one of the knobbly ergonomic ones that were so fashionable lately, and the spongy feeling of it put Ana in mind of being in school again, with classmates too young or clumsy to handle a normal pencil. She put on a businesslike manner, hoping that the form would contain enough clues to help her fill in the boxes. And then she saw the company name at the top of the page…

Chapter 5. Any Way You Want It

“The Baby Makers?” Ana asked aloud, surprised.

“Yes,” Phil smiled, and she guessed that even people who had dipped a toe in this world before weren’t always expecting a title like that. Did it have a double meaning? “It’s a little direct. More direct than many of our guests would expect, I think. The name was chosen before I started here. It might be a little shocking, but I think it’s good to be clear. It leaves no possibility for confusion, while still being less than obvious to someone who doesn’t know us. Now, these forms are for our own records, and are protected by client confidentiality. Some guests are referred by medical specialists, you see, psychiatrists and the like. So you can rest assured, nobody else will ever see this. Our invoices, receipts, and credit card processing all use the holding company identifier ‘PP & BM Incorporated’, so you won’t have that name on your bank statements.

Ana found herself breathing a little more heavily, wondering what she’d let herself in for. ‘Baby Makers’ wasn’t exactly the name she would have expected. Did that mean that guests here were actually expecting to be impregnated? By random strangers, or by members of staff? Had she walked into a fertility clinic by mistake?

She took a couple of deep breaths, and tried to think about it rationally. She was feeling just slightly inebriated now; she could feel the chemicals in her blood stream slowing down her reactions, inhibiting the connections between different thoughts. She could still think, just with a little more difficulty. She didn’t need to make the effort and reject the drugs now. She could imagine that a lot of couples trying for a baby might have psychological problems. It would certainly make her more nervous if she was desperately hoping to conceive. So a clinic that used hypnosis to help people surmount their sexual hangups could market itself primarily to those people, and greatly cut down on the public scrutiny. Even if it was a swingers club… if a couple were having trouble starting a family, and they were encouraged to get together with other guests, then the chance of pregnancy could go up dramatically. The potential father might never know whether or not a child was his, or if the men were hypnotised too, he might never suspect otherwise.

Ana’s mind raced. She could see so many ways it could work. Legitimate, but socially unacceptable, reasons people who weren’t actually interested in casual sex might agree to be coaxed into it using hypnotic suggestion. And also, she guessed, there would be people who might want children without needing a relationship. Lesbians even, using hypnosis to help them be more enthusiastic about men for one night so they could have a child. In those cases, the secrecy surrounding this place would really make sense.

“Babies?” she asked, hoping she wasn’t blowing her cover, “For real?”

“Oh, yes,” Phil nodded, “That’s not compulsory, though. The process can end with a baby, but you’re welcome to stop before it goes that far. You’re free to specify on the form, you see. There’s a section to fill in mandatory activities, and optional activities. The former, we guarantee to find time for them if you are willing. That your session will include them even if you fight against it at the time, so that you can have the experience of being ‘forced’, if that’s a fantasy that appeals to you. The latter, we will encourage you towards, but won’t push you if you are reluctant when it comes to it. Then there are the open choice boxes, where you can list particular activities that we are merely allowed to push you into if we see fit, and activities that you are happy to spend time on if you seem enthusiastic about them during the session. And of course, the red box is for any specifics we should consider off-limits. If you find it easier to specify things that you are not interested in, you can add them there. It isn’t unheard of to write simply ‘baby’ in that box.”

“I see,” Ana nodded, as she filled in her full name at the top of the form. She had two very different ideas now of what kind of business this was, and she was struggling to make them line up in her mind. But the more she thought about it, the more she realised that there was no reason one company couldn’t serve both a medical need and a fetishistic desire. “Is there a list of activities to choose from? Do any of them cost extra?”

“I’m afraid at this point, you still aren’t a customer. So, per the letter of the rules, we can’t offer you a list. We can only trust your word that you are interested in this place, to ensure no journalist or busybody can get further details of our services. But I’m sure you can list anything you have fantasised about, and if I myself am not familiar with that particular activity, I’m sure that at least one of the guides will understand.”

Ana’s pen hovered over the box. She looked at the red box, and was going to make sure to note that any suggestions should not last past the scheduled end of the session. But she found a printed note already there, stating that The Baby Makers would not include any suggestion that continued once a guest left the building, including any request that they create a desire to return. That gave her more confidence. She put her pen to the page to write ‘Baby’ in the red box, bit her lip, and then lifted it again. If they were skilled enough to make her go that far, she was sure she could enjoy it. It was crazy, she knew, and reckless. But she was only going to be here for one night, so at worst it would be putting her body in the hands of fate.

She lowered the pen again, and clearly wrote ‘BABY’ in block capitals. In the open choice box; where the guide could push her if her reactions during the session led him to think she would enjoy it. That was all she could do, she thought, because she really didn’t know what to expect.

The pen moved to the left, to the next box over, and there she hesitated. She felt like there should be something in those fields, at least, to give them some idea of her intentions. But she didn’t know her own intentions, so she’d have to come up with something that was vague but not too vague.

She noticed that beneath the section of activities, there was also a space for feelings. She was encouraged to tick the boxes for things she wanted to be compelled to feel, or cross the ones that she wanted to avoid; or a couple of other symbols to indicate varying degrees of enjoyment. After reading the notes in small print at the top, she ticked ‘innocence’, ‘helpless’, ‘surprise’, and ‘antici-pation’, and left most of the others blank or with question marks. That would probably match her actual feelings, and so make the suggestions a little more potent.

“You want to tick ‘oblivious’,” Carl advised, “If you want to not know what the suggestions are during the session.”

“Thanks,” Ana ticked that one, quite firmly, finding it right beneath the ‘surprise’ box. Then she filled in the form with her billing details, and that she would be staying until morning but left it to the guide’s discretion whether the session would continue during the night. Someone to contact in an emergency, that would be the Order’s chaplain, a very solemn gentleman by the name of Bartek. She realised that she was distracting herself from the boxes specifying what she wanted, but she wasn’t really sure.

“If you’re short of ideas,” Phil suggested, “You could put ‘all options’ in the open sections. Then it’s everything except your stated limits. And if you put ‘basic’ in the first box, I’ll know what you mean.”

“Just ‘basic’?” Ana asked, breathing an internal sigh of relief. That was so much easier, and it didn’t really need her to think too much. Or to know what she was actually letting herself in for, or the terminology that people who were into this might be familiar with.”

“If you want to be more precise, you could put ‘basic mental’ or ‘basic emotional’. Two of the most common ones I do, because it always helps to remind a guest of the basics.”

“And the other common ones?” Ana asked, “You know you’re going to make me curious by saying something like that.”

“Well, if you’re short of ideas,” Phil grinned, “There’s the basic control ones. Number one and number two. And desire to please is a common request. I can’t get in trouble for telling you that much, can I?”

Ana nodded. She could easily imagine being easier to make her guide happy, so much that she might be a little more willing to try things. And she guessed that arranging the few activities he’d given her in different ways might better give the impression that she could read between the lines. That she knew what she was asking for. After a few seconds spent deep in thought, she jotted ‘Desire to please’ and ‘Control №1’ in the first box, for things she’d certainly get to experience. ‘Basic mental’ and ‘Control №2’ went into things she was leaving to the guide’s choice. She knew from past experience that letting her emotions out of her control could be a bigger problem than any mental alteration. Then in the bottom-right box, things that would depend on her willingness during the session, she entered ‘anything else’.

“Good choice,” Phil nodded, “You want to specify ‘toys’? Always fun. Or training? That’s a bit more niche, if you like helplessness.”

“How does that work?” she asked, and immediately hoped it didn’t give away her ignorance too much.

“The toys make a way to have some choice, without needing to know what you signed up for. I give you suggestions based on a couple of things we’ve got in the rooms upstairs. Some you might be able to guess, some a little more esoteric. You pick up the item, you feel the things associated with it. It’s a way for you to choose the next activity within your session. Having the choice makes it easier for some people to accept the suggestions, even if they don’t know the suggestion they’re choosing. As for training, well…”

“Probably isn’t my thing,” she shrugged, “But the toy thing sounds like fun.” She wrote it in. Then she looked over the rest of the form, and double-checked the time she’d put down for the end of the session. She reached inside her mind then, and ensured that no matter what suggestions she might accept, she was going to return to normal at noon the following day with a full memory of her experiences. Then she signed the bottom of the sheet, and let out the breath she hadn’t even noticed she was holding.

More than anything, she hoped that she wasn’t going to regret this.

Chapter 6. Going Down

The corridor off the main room had a white tiled floor, and walls so white they practically shone. There wasn’t natural light here, they must be too deep inside the building to get the benefit of the windows. But it was still well-lit, and clean. Somehow that gave Ana a little more confidence.

Some of the doors had little brass plaques on, but she was following Phil at too brisk a pace to stop and read them. She noticed that in the windows in a couple of the doors, there were pictures that looked like they might have been painted by small children. The kind of vague, blobby shapes that a pre-teen might bring home from school to hang on the refrigerator. She found herself wondering if they could be the work of children conceived here, though that was just a little strange. Or maybe they were for the benefit of hopeful parents, the ones who wanted to know that the baby makers really were a family-oriented group, despite their unusual methods. It was hard to guess.

Then she was in Phil’s room, where there was no decoration beyond a simple desk, and a couch that looked like something from a dentist’s office. Ana took a seat as soon as Phil gestured in that direction, and found the leather padding surprisingly comfortable.

Phil touched a switch somewhere, and the whole chair rocked back to leave Ana looking straight up at the ceiling. Just when she expected the motion to stop, it rocked back in the other direction, leaving her disoriented for a second. She’d spent a lifetime training her senses, and she quickly corrected her perception of orientation and motion. But she could imagine it would almost be dizzying to someone who hadn’t practised thinking in a changing frame of reference. Now she was looking up at the ceiling, which was decorated with an irregular stippling of pale blue dots, while her body swayed gently back and forth by a couple of inches. There must be a spring in the chair’s mechanism, she concluded.

“Now, I’d like you to focus on one of the dots on the ceiling,” Phil spoke softly, but clearly enough that there was no chance of misunderstanding him. He was an expert, that much was immediately obvious, and he knew just what he was doing. “It doesn’t matter which one, they’re all the same. It’s just something for your mind to dwell on while you listen to my words. Can you imagine how it would feel if one side of your mind could manage to keep track of that dot, following it as the world moves, and the other half could take in my words? You’d like that, I think. Then you wouldn’t need to think too much about what I’m actually saying, and if it gets too complex for you at any point, you can just look at the dots and not think about it. You can just tune out my voice, and let the things I’m describing happen to you.”

Ana would have nodded, but the rocking motion was close enough to nodding already. She could feel the signals coming from the balance centres of her brain, little chemical messengers telling her to relax and accept. It was why almost every culture in the world had accepted nodding to mean the same thing; because rocking back and forth generated small doses of hormones that made it just a little easier to agree, and to relax. Just like rocking a baby, she thought. She knew that many hypnotists asked people to nod when they were ready to proceed, making it easier to take in suggestions. But soliciting a nod and then rocking the subject with a chair, that was an interesting variation.

She knew there wouldn’t be anything serious coming right away, so she accepted the change. Then he was asking her to further divide her attention. Splitting between listening to his words, and the tone of his voice, and the things he was telling her. Splitting up the sound of the words from their meaning, so his voice could be a relaxing white noise without having to focus on what the words actually meant. She accepted that as well, allowing him to guide her into relaxation, and allowing her attention to dart around the growing number of things he was asking her to focus on, so that sooner or later she knew she was going to lose track of them all, and start being surprised each time he drew her attention back to one facet of his patter, only to realise she’d somehow stopped noticing how much that part was changing her.

She knew what he was doing, that was for sure. She didn’t know all the tricks, but she could feel how her mind was about to change, with every different induction pattern. It was the basic ability of the Order’s members that they could recognise any attempt to control their minds, and that even included an almost supernatural recognition of hypnotic techniques, even the ones she’d never come across before.

Ana spotted one technique after another; and then another, and another, woven together like a complex braid. And one after another, she accepted them into her mind. She accepted that she was going to relax as Phil asked her to, and that she was going to start accepting what he told her. Then it was onto helping her to feel calm and refreshed. Dispensing with all guilt, he said, and all shame. She knew that was kind of why she was here, to see how it felt not to worry at all about doing things that she’d been taught were wrong. Phil said as much too. So he was going to ask her to imagine feeling a little younger, before she had fully learned to worry about those things. When she was less cynical, and more eager to explore.

Ana could imagine that easily. And as she felt the words flowing through her, she knew that if she accepted these words and imagined what he described, then she would be able to imagine feeling younger, and then she would start approaching his words with a more innocent, almost childlike mindset. It would be easier to accept rather than analysing. And as she accepted his words, she would naturally find it easy to imagine being a little younger, and fee her energy growing. She wasn’t old enough to be feeling old, that much was for sure, but she wasn’t quite in her prime either, so she knew it would feel good to imagine getting a little younger. And once she started on that path, he could ask her to imagine getting younger and younger, and it would always feel good, so she would always be inclined to take just one more step. She could even sense the words he was using that would tempt her to keep taking one more step. Just playing along for now, just seeing herself getting younger in her mind’s eye.

It was a dream everyone wanted, wasn’t it, to feel younger? So there was no need to feel guilty about seeing herself a year younger, or two. She’d go along with that. The words were so well structured. Even though her special senses were pointing out exactly how Phil was guiding her mind into believing it, she could see the logic in that path. She could feel the message behind the message as well, reading between the lines three or four levels deep to know where this elaborate monologue was leading. Sooner or later, he was going to ask her to imagine being a child again, she was sure. And then when she was a child, she wouldn’t have learned why certain adult feelings were wrong; or why good girls didn’t do certain things. He was setting her up to imagine herself as a child too young to have learned normal inhibitions, so he could tell her to do things she might normally shrink away from.

From a child’s mindset, and with the power of a child’s imagination, she was sure that it would be so much easier to let her grow up as someone who had never learned to be embarrassed; and hadn’t developed the bad habits of modesty and inhibition. Then there would be nothing to stop her doing whatever the guide told her.

She couldn’t wait to see what it was going to be.

Chapter 7. Only in Dreams

Just as Ana saw it coming, the hypnotist was asking her to imagine being a child. Imagine a child, whose imagination is so powerful they don’t easily see the difference between their dreams and reality. A girl whose imaginary friend really matters to her, who doesn’t draw such a strong boundary between fantasy and reality. Imagine a girl who imagines things so vividly, that everything Phil describes seems completely real to her. Imagine that girl imagining being younger still, becoming more innocent, more imaginative, less critical every time she imagines how it would feel to be a little younger.

Ana let herself keep on nodding, and let the suggestions sink into her mind. She let Phil’s voice become a background drone, a part of the dream so natural that she wouldn’t even wonder where it was coming from. She accepted all the changes he wanted to make to her thought patterns, after considering each one. And, of course, after making sure that she would be back to her normal state of free will by noon tomorrow. Even as she found herself relaxed and drifting, her imagination floating through three or four worlds at once, she still knew how her mind was being directed. When Phil told her she wouldn’t know what was real, between his voice, and the dots on the ceiling, and the scenes he was asking her to imagine that the little girl was imagining, she accepted that suggestion and then she really didn’t know. She was alone in her room, playing with dolls. She was walking in the woods. She was dancing on the beach under the stars. She was imagining herself imagining herself imagining herself, and she didn’t know which one was real any more, or which of these worlds was the origin of the voice on the wind. But still, her senses warned her about every change he was trying to make to her thought process, and she had to approve each one.

Somewhere inside her mind, she found herself wondering if he was ready to start making her older again soon. She was sure that he’d made her younger so that she wouldn’t feel guilty about the game she was here to play. She’d grow up without learning to worry about it, but that was a little harder to imagine right now. She couldn’t remember what that game was, she wasn’t old enough to know. She wasn’t old enough to even think about it, so she was sure that she wouldn’t feel bad about it at all. But the voice told her she needed to be a little younger still, and she just nodded, or felt like she was nodding, and agreed. He told her that when he told her how to feel littler and younger, she would feel it automatically. And she knew that was safe, not something anyone could hurt her with. Because it felt so good to feel young, and all those words would do was help her think like the little girl she was. She allowed that change.

Ana had to push a few times. She had to play along, and give herself permission to forget the things that the voice said she didn’t need to remember. Still, her natural resistance kept on alerting her. Not to what he was saying to her; she couldn’t make out the words anymore. Or the emotions conveyed in them, or which of the many worlds in her imagination right now came from his words. But she could still sense the ways in which he was changing her mind. And she could still accept them.

Until finally, she opened her eyes and realised that she didn’t remember closing them. She could remember that Doctor Phil had told her to look at the dots on the ceiling and listen to him, and she knew that he’d said some special words to change her mind. She didn’t know what those words were anymore, just that she’d nodded happily. This was something she’d agreed to, something she knew she’d enjoy even if she didn’t know what it was going to be.

As she dug deeper in her memories, she could remember being young again. So young that she didn’t know what she should be embarrassed about. That sounded like fun. And she still couldn’t remember what she’d been embarrassed about, so it had worked. She also felt a little younger than she had been before, but she couldn’t quite remember her age, so it probably didn’t matter that much.

“Are you okay, dear?” Doctor Phil asked. Ana nodded, and turned her head to one side. The chair rocked a bit more and she found herself giggling.

“Yeah. Umm… I feel younger? Was that a part of it? I thought I was going to get little so I can unlearn what I’m supposed to be embarrassed about. I thought I was going to be grown up again by now?”

“I don’t think anyone particularly enjoys being grown-up,” the doctor shrugged. “I didn’t bring you back all the way, just old enough to see the changes and enjoy what’s happening to you. If my guess is right, you’re probably feeling like a late teen girl now, maybe with a few childish impulses. Right?”

“Yeah, I guess. Do I have to get older again? Before…” and there Ana’s voice trailed off, as she remembered that she didn’t even know what she was here for. She had some kind of idea that she needed to be grown up for it, but that was true about a lot of things. She’d just have to wait and see.

She remembered thinking it was funny that they offered her the option of not remembering what she was here for. She’d laughed, because she really didn’t know. She’d had guesses, she was sure, but having them tease her with it under the belief that the knowledge was in her subconscious mind somewhere had seemed the easiest way to find out for sure. Now, she couldn’t even find those guesses. Did that mean she’d guessed right? She couldn’t know, and she couldn’t even guess at what those guesses had been.

“Maybe,” Phil grinned, and Ana found herself getting excited again, feeling like the treat she’d been waiting for was almost here. She couldn’t wait to rediscover what she had agreed to.

Not sure what's the best rate to release new chapters so I'm not flooding the board. I've not got into a proper routine; so there's a chance I might get distracted. If it's been a while since the last chapter and you're impatient to find out what happens next, you can remind me 🙂 And sorry about the short chapters; this was originally written for a site whose algorithm hugely favours stories broken up into shorter chunks.

Chapter 8. Young Girl

“Maybe,” Phil said with a smile, and Ana found herself metaphorically on the edge of her seat, waiting for what he would say next. “I think it might be better for you to get a little younger again first. You enjoyed imagining yourself as a little girl again, didn’t you?”

“Yeah,” Ana nodded, and smiled. She knew all the theory about using age regression to undo learned behaviours for a while, and it was an interesting theory. But she hadn’t actually tried it before, and she’d never thought it could feel so good. Her mind had been so calm, so refreshed. A sleek arrowhead of intent, a single thought just following along with Phil’s words, rather than the jumbled cloud of analyses and second thoughts she normally had to contend with, second and third thoughts and parts of her psyche looking over her own shoulder in the hope of catching herself screwing up. It had been so simple, and she thought that after this visit was over, if she was right about the hypnosis practice here being of no concern to the Order, she might actually come back on her own. If, that was, she enjoyed the game they’d been preparing for.

“Well, we can go back there a little, if you’d like,” Phil offered.

Fractionation, the word was right there in Ana’s mind. A hypnotist would often awaken a subject, and then immediately start guiding them back into trance. You were awake and aware, but the habit of not questioning that person’s words persisted for a while, so this time you would go back so much more quickly and easily. More completely controlled. A good hypnotist could take a subject down and up, down and up, down and up a dozen times in quick succession and they’d feel like their suggestibility was a yo-yo, when in reality it was more like descending a staircase, every step deeper than the last.

Of course, she would have recognised exactly what the effects on her mind would be even without any education. She was a member of the order, and that came with certain special talents and senses. But it was nice to know the words for it, how the hypnosis specialists in academia and psychiatry described the effects they barely understood, and be able to describe it. With her natural senses, she would have known exactly what it was, but not how to put those concepts into words. “Fractionation” was one of the most recent words Ana remembered learning in school, and for a moment she was proud of recalling it so quickly. That pride would be Phil’s suggestions in her mind, because she knew it had really been fifteen years or more since she learned that. I wasn’t something to be proud of remembering, it was one of the basic techniques. It was interesting just how much her own emotional responses had changed already. And she wondered if she could imagine not remembering, not knowing what was happening to her.

“Maybe a little,” she nodded. “It’s nice to be young again. Before I started getting out of shape.”

“Well, I left a little suggestion to make that easier for you. Do you remember?”

Ana just shook her head. She remembered accepting his suggestions, he couldn’t take that away. She knew that everything he’d tried to set in her mind had been in the vein of what she was expecting, and there hadn’t been anything to worry her. She’d taken it in, but she didn’t need to remember the actual words.

“You seem a little nervous,” Phil said. “Trying to work out what you’re heading towards. You asked to be surprised, and maybe a little apprehensive, so that’s what you’re going to get. But don’t worry, right now I’m not going to push you toward anything you’re not expecting. I’m just asking you to feel younger. Any time I tell you how you might behave if you were a little younger, you’ll find it easy to do that, and it will make you feel that much younger. I’m not making you more suggestible this time, or weaker, or anything else. Just younger, and more inclined to do childlike things until I ask you to grow up. Is that okay?”

Ana nodded, and got another warning from the extra senses buried in her hindbrain. This was a part of the suggestion he’d given her before, one last chance to back out now she knew it was for real. A safety measure, and that really made it easier to trust Doctor Phil. When he asked again if she wanted to feel younger, it was her voluntary nod that would seal the deal. It would make the post-hypnotic suggestion he just mentioned irresistible. Nodding now would condition her with a reflex action, so that any time he told her how a younger girl would respond, she would do it. She’d already nodded, so now it was just a case of accepting that change.

And he was being honest, she could sense that easily. She was giving him the power to easily make her mentally younger, but that was all. When it came to the actual centre of this exercise, her special senses would still give her another chance to change her mind. All she was agreeing to was becoming younger, the prelude to the main event, so she allowed that change in her world.

“Good girl,” he smiled, “You really trust me, don’t you?”

Ana was still smiling, but gave the doctor a withering glare. She might be going in for something she didn’t understand, and he might be guiding her through something he’d done a hundred times before, or a thousand. But he still shouldn’t be telling her she was a good girl, like some little kid. She had half a mind to say something really sarcastic, maybe comment on the guy’s age. But she knew he was helping her, and she didn’t want to upset him, so she toned it down to a glance of scorn. Maybe not as withering as she would have liked, either, because she didn’t have the complete mastery of expression she was sure she’d had as a grown-up.

“Someone’s a little sarcastic,” Phil seemed more amused than offended. “Maybe you’re a bit too old for that kind of language. A younger girl would feel a warm rush of pleasure on being told you’re a good girl by an adult, and want to be called that more often.”

Ana nodded. She could feel the edges of her thoughts getting just slightly fuzzier, her muscles feeling a little less toned. He’d told her how a younger girl should act, and she’d already accepted the command that would make those behaviours compulsive. She looked down at her hands, trying to see if she was physically shrinking, but quickly returned her hands to her pockets as she realised how ludicrous that was. It was hypnosis, not magic, and all the changes must only be in her mind. But that didn’t mean they were any less real, and Ana was just as eager to see what Phil would ask her to imagine next.

On 3/6/2022 at 3:38 PM, Babedut123 said:

Great story 

Thanks 🙂 And glad to see it's got an upvote now. Makes my day to see people enjoying it.

You may also have noticed that the chapter titles are all song titles… the first few were a coincidence, but I decided to run with it. If you'd like some super-vague hints at how the plot will develop, here's a playlist.  (2 of the songs I chose aren't on YouTube Music, so there's replacements with approximately the same name instead)

Chapter 9. She Likes Surprises

“You feeling like I want you to?” Phil asked, a smirk masquerading as a kindly grin, “Good girl.”

Ana’s head bobbed forward and she found herself blushing. She couldn’t fight the wave of pride welling up in her chest, making her feel so good to be a good girl for Doctor Phil. His opinion meant so much to her; to be noticed by a grown-up meant that she really had done well. She knew in her mind that she was only feeling so elated because he’d told her to, but that didn’t stop it feeling so good. And straight away, she found herself hoping she could get him to say it again, so that she could feel that wonderful thrill.

“Now, how are you feeling?” he asked. “Ready to go explore the next part of the centre?”

“Yes.”

Before she had even finished nodding, Ana could feel the butterflies getting excited in her tummy. That was something she’d not felt in all the years she’d been investigating places like this. It seemed like as well as the childlike innocence they’d been aiming for, she’d picked up a large dose of a child’s excitement and curiosity. Well, if she was going to feel like this, she might as well let herself enjoy it. She nodded more energetically, and repeated as she jumped down from the chair: “Yeah!”

“Okay then. Let’s see what’s behind door number two,” Phil grinned, and walked over to the door. Ana wasn’t sure for a minute, but she didn’t think it was the door they’d come in through. There were two ways into this room, then. Like a police interview room, allowing staff and members of the public to enter from different areas. Or some kind of airlock, only allowing guests into the main part of the building once they’d passed through one of these sessions. That made Ana a little nervous again, because she still didn’t know what was coming. She’d only done some very simple suggestions, and she was still feeling like a child. Was she even old enough to learn about all the fun things inside? She hoped she was, and to make sure she pulled herself up to her full height and put on her most serious, grown-up smile.

But Phil was holding the door open, beckoning. And she couldn’t contain her curiosity any longer, that had been a core part of her for as long as she could remember.

Beyond the door was another corridor, with doors along both sides. The walls were still covered with pictures of cute cartoon animals, but here there were also cork boards bearing blobby finger-painted images in bright primary colours. A space for children, it seemed, but she wasn’t really sure why. Did it take a lot of time feeling like a child, before they were ready to learn what the point of this place was? She knew she’d had other ideas before the hypnosis. She’d thought the childish pictures were for someone else, not the guests, even if she couldn’t remember why. But now she was starting to wonder if that was right. Maybe the pictures were just for her, and for other girls and boys like her. To make them feel at home, so it seemed more real to them.

“You like the pictures?” Doctor Phil asked, just a little way along the corridor.

“Yeah. Looks like somebody’s been finger painting. Are you gonna have me doing that? I bet I could do better than those, anyway.”

“It’s up to you, dear. We’ve got a lot of different toys for you to play with, while you get used to feeling free and innocent. You can play with whatever you want. Some of the toys might help you to feel different things, steps along your path, while others are just a little fun to help you relax.”

“You mean… I’ve forgotten what I signed up for,” Ana giggled a little. She could admit it now, because there was no way for Doctor Phil to guess that she’d never actually known. “But some of the toys and games are part of the training? To help me develop certain feelings, and lose inhibitions about certain things?”

“That’s right. Wow, you are clever. And you like to understand how things work as well, don’t you?” Ana nodded. But the doctor continued: “Wouldn’t you rather not think about things like that? Let any understanding you have drift away, so you don’t need to think about those things and you can just let it happen?”

“I guess…” This time she was a little more nervous. She knew that even if she didn’t understand anything about hypnosis, her special senses would protect her. But it was still something she’d never expected to do, trusting someone so much. “Forgetting how triggers work will help me forget inhibitions too? But I still want to feel the change. Like, I’m aware something’s changing and I can try to work it out, even if I don’t know the words. I want to feel you changing me.”

She started to blush at the last words. They sounded awfully submissive, and she wasn’t sure she was old enough to even think about things like that. But Doctor Phil didn’t mind, he just nodded.

“That’s okay. You don’t need to understand something to enjoy it. A younger girl might know that some toys are going to change her, but she’d never think to wonder why, or how it fits into a larger process. A younger girl wouldn’t know anything about hypnosis except that some magic words can change her, and she would just accept it as an exciting mystery tour, without thinking beyond the current step.”

Ana found herself raising her hands again, to watch them change. He’d told her what would happen when she got littler, and just hearing those words would make it happen. She could imagine her fingers growing shorter and pudgier as Doctor Phil said the magic words, and the room seemed to get bigger around her. The doors were huge now, and the windows were probably too high for her to look through. Then Doctor Phil said those words again, and she found herself imagining how it would feel to be even littler, but before she could finish thinking about it everything she could see and feel changed to match her imagination. Watching her hands change, even though she could still see them the size they always were. She could tell what was real and what wasn’t, but the daydream was more fun, so she decided to believe that.

Each time she got littler, she found she was looking at her hands, watching them change shape in her mind’s eye. And then as her size settled down, she tried to remember what Doctor Phil had said she should forget. She knew she’d asked something to go away from her head, and she thought it had. She knew he’d told her that some of the toys would do something to her, but she didn’t know what, and she couldn’t wait to find out.

Chapter 10. Come Out and Play

“I can play now?” Ana asked. She just about noticed that she was mumbling a little now. Her words weren’t as clear as normal, and she wasn’t sure if that should make her giggle or blush, so she did both.

“Good girl,” Doctor Phil reminded her, and the wave of pride washed away any doubts. If he wanted her to forget things then she would, and she knew it would feel amazing. “So, what do you want to play? We’ve got painting, or building, or dolls. There’s some board games too, but that’s more fun when there’s more little ones around.”

“Painting,” Ana said, “You should have some pictures that’s not all blobby. I can do some, cause I’m a big girl.” She knew her words weren’t coming out right, and she could tell she was starting to forget how to put a sentence together, but it didn’t seem to matter right now. It was just one more way to know that she was getting littler. Younger, even, if she could keep the word in her head. As soon as she wasn’t paying attention to words, the ones she used became vaguer and less correct. Even in her own thoughts.

“Okay,” Doctor Phil smiled, and led her towards one of the doors along the corridor, “There’s all kinds of paints in here, so let’s see what you can manage.” He opened the door, and Ana couldn’t help stopping to stare at the walls in awe as she came in.

The room was giant. Bigger than that, it was enormous. And there were paintings all over the walls. Some of them were just handprints, like they’d been done by real babies. And then there were some that were the same blobby finger-painting as the ones outside, and even more that looked like big girls had done them. Not quite getting the people to look like people, or the bunnies to look like bunnies, but close enough that you could tell what they were supposed to be. They were all mixed up together, like it didn’t matter how good a picture was, or how old the person who drew it was. As she looked around them, Ana tried to work out which ones were done by actual babies and children, and how many were done by little girls like her who’d got turned back into kids.

She couldn’t tell. And now, she couldn’t remember why there would be real babies here. Did the people who came here want to have babies? She wasn’t sure why they’d come here, instead of going to a hospital. But then, she realised that she’d got too little to understand how you make a baby, so maybe she was just missing something. It didn’t matter, she was sure, that was something she’d learn again when she grew up.

The memories she’d lost didn’t matter right now. What mattered was the huge display of pictures on the walls, and the huge selection of paints and crayons on tables around the room. There were at least a dozen tables here, though she couldn’t count the exact number. She stood in the doorway and turned around slowly, unable to decide which way to run first. There were different colours of paper and card, and stickers, as well as the simple paints. Some of the tables had big boxes of crayons too, thousands of them. In fact, she might have said that there was just about everything you might think of to make pictures. She couldn’t decide what she wanted to do first.

“Hmm,” Doctor Phil said, and Ana knew that she probably wouldn’t like what he was going to say next. It was a kind of deep, thoughtful mumble that said he’d thought of something that was probably a very grown-up idea, and certainly not really fun.

“You’re not really dressed for painting,” he didn’t disappoint. “You’ve got those smart clothes on, it would be terrible if you got paint on them. So why don’t we go and get you changed first?”

He took Ana’s hand, and she didn’t even think of pulling it away as he led her towards one of the room’s other doors. She wondered if everyone had to get changed before painting, or if it was just her. Or if he would have taken her to get changed whatever kind of games she chose. There was no way to tell, this place was practically a maze of corridors and different rooms, and she couldn’t even guess how many of them were connected together.

“Why do I need to change?” she asked as they walked, and then realised the words were drawn out into a whine. Just like a real little kid, about to throw a tantrum. She was embarrassed by the realisation, but it was so hard to think now. She kept finding herself doing things as soon as the instinct struck, or saying whatever thoughts came to mind.

“In case you get your clothes dirty,” Doctor Phil answered, without any change in his patient tone. “And because you might feel more comfortable with something a little cuter. You’re too young to be comfortable dressed as an office lady, and I know that if you get any younger, you’d love the idea of getting to wear clothes that are more suitable for a little girl.”

The giant room got even larger, and Ana could see her hands getting smaller. She knew it was silly to keep on wearing the clothes she’d come in with, when she was so much smaller now. She wanted something cute, that wouldn’t get in the way of her playing. She also knew that Doctor Phil had made her want that, but she didn’t mind. She knew he was right, this was how she should feel as she got littler, and he was always trying to make her happy. She looked up at him and just nodded.

He led her along another corridor, or maybe it was the first one again. She really couldn’t tell. It was decorated with more pictures, and every time she looked at them Ana was sure she could do better. Her pictures were going to be so good that everyone who walked past would notice them, the best pictures ever. She was getting excited just thinking about it, almost as excited as she was about being able to wear some proper clothes that would let everybody see how cute she was.

The next room Doctor Phil took her into was just as over the top as the art room. Not as big, but still just as impressive. It was like a walk-in closet, with a bench in the middle and rails of clothes along both sides stretching into the distance. It looked even bigger than it really was because the wall at the far end was a single, huge mirror. When she saw her reflection, Ana knew that she had to get changed right away. The clothes she was wearing didn’t look right at all. But she was spoilt for choice here, she didn’t know where to look.

Chapter 11. Changing For You

While Ana stood there, overwhelmed by the millions of pretty dresses on display, Phil seemed to have a clearer idea of what she would look good in. He walked two thirds of the way down the room, and reached out for one hanger from the rail beside him. It looked like he’d found what he was looking for, and he held it out towards Ana for her approval. It was a simple dress, printed with the yellow check pattern that seemed to be so popular in school uniforms around here. It was something for a small child to wear, not even in high school yet, and Ana almost turned up her nose at it. But then she realised that she might just have got that little under the doctor’s treatment. It looked about the right size for her, anyway.

“Or you’d prefer something like this?” he produced another outfit. A loose, stretchy black T-shirt with tiny silver stars all over it, and some words on the front that Ana couldn’t quite make out. This one came with silver-grey leggings, with the stars in black. Seeing her puzzled stare, Phil stretched the T-shirt out so she could see all the letters, and then moved his finger along the lines as he read them out for her: “Sweet Super Star.”

“I like,” Ana giggled, “I want to be a super star.”

“You’re already sweet enough,” he gave her a smile. “If you want, we could write your name on the label so you can have these clothes every time you come back here. If you’re planning to come back, I mean.”

“I don’t know,” Ana gave a shrug, “Maybe I will. I like you.”

“You can decide later. But, what name do you prefer to be known by? I just remembered I didn’t ask before. It says Andromeda Anastasia on your forms. Do you prefer Andi? Or would you rather be Andromeda while you’re here? It’s a very cute name. Or some people prefer to go by a different name, like they’re a new person here. You could use your middle name, perhaps. Or you could shorten it to Stacie, or Anna. I know a girl who goes by Romie. What do you think?”

“Oh, I like Stacie!” Ana giggled, “I never thought about that before. Thank you!”

“You’re welcome. And maybe you’ll find it easier to think of yourself by a different name, so you don’t get reminded of who you normally are. You can just think of yourself as Stacie, and the good little girl you are. I know that when you get younger you’ll always think of yourself by your little girl name, and it’ll make you feel more safe and secure every time you hear it, like a little reminder of what a good little girl Stacie is.

Stacie nodded. Even before she looked back towards Phil, she could see her hands growing just a little smaller, the room getting a little bigger, and her thoughts getting simpler. She didn’t need to think about complicated things now, she could just relax and play. She reached out to take the clothes from Phil, but before she got close to him she looked around and noticed that she couldn’t see the door she was looking for.

“Is there a changing room?” she asked, not really understanding why she was starting to feel so nervous.

“You can get dressed here,” Phil answered with a smile. “Or are you worried you’re not old enough to dress yourself? I can help you if you–”

“No!” Stacie pouted, “I’m not supposed to take my clothes off if there might be boys here. I know that much. There’s got to be a changing room, like at the gym right?” As soon as she asked, she felt a little confusion at the back of her mind.

“That really only matters when you’re a bit older,” Phil explained, “Maybe you know it, but it doesn’t matter for little girls. Because I need to stay with you, to make sure you’re okay. So, it’s your choice. You can be good, and get changed into your cute new outfit; or I can dress you.”

Stacie hesitated for a long moment. He was right, she knew. She knew she was supposed to be embarrassed about getting changed with a man in the room. She knew that it was naughty. But she didn’t really know why, and some of the funnest things she’d done were a little bit naughty. It surely wasn’t going to hurt anybody, and Phil wasn’t really a boy anyway, he was a doctor. He must know the rules, and he said it was okay. So after a few seconds of thinking, she managed to coax her hands up to unbutton her jacket.

“I’ll be good,” she nodded, “It’s still embarrassing.”

“Maybe you need to be a bit littler, then. When you get younger, you’ll have no inhibitions about getting changed around me or other staff, because you’ll be too young to have learned any shame connected to nudity.”

Stacie nodded, that seemed completely right. She felt sure that this time she’d passed some kind of milestone, that she’d been half expecting to get this little and it was somehow important. She didn’t know why and it didn’t really matter, because she knew she was happy to experience something she’d half been expecting. She was already starting to feel herself shrinking, the room around her getting bigger and her hands getting smaller. Maybe a little clumsier, too, but that was only natural at her age. She fumbled a little with the buttons on her blouse before she managed to take it off, and then left it in a pile with her jacket and skirt on the bench.

“Good girl,” Phil praised her, and his approval was the most wonderful thing in the world. She was so proud that she’d done what she was told, and she knew right away that she’d do anything just to hear those words again. “Would you like some cute little-girl panties to go with your new clothes?”

Stacie looked over, and saw that he was offering a box of underwear for her to choose from. She knew without asking that it would all be the right size for her. She just had to choose bright or pastel colours, from a whole rainbow of options, all decorated with different cartoon characters or childish patterns. She was spoilt for choice, and about the only thing she didn’t really consider was keeping the ones she had on. They were plain white and not cute at all, way too boring for a fun girl like her, so she kicked them off while she looked at the selection on offer. In the end, she picked a pale orange pair, decorated with a repeating pattern of tiny slices of cake. It was a bit weird, but she thought they were really nice.

Chapter 12. Pink Mist

Stacie pulled her new, cuter panties on with a grin, and then took the leggings that Phil was holding out for her. It took a little longer than normal to work out which way around to put them on, but she managed that on her own as well. It was a perfect fit, soft fabric hugging her skin, and the top was just as comfortable. Stacie looked at herself in the mirror, and smiled to see how well the new clothes suited her. Phil turned to some drawers in the corner, and came back with a pair of ankle socks that probably matched the panties she’d chosen, with a slice of cake printed on the bottom of one foot, and something that could have been a trifle on the other. Stacie grinned and sat on the bench again to pull them on, giggling a little at the cute designs. They were sillier than anything she would normally wear, but they were just perfect for today.

“You happy with that?” Phil asked, as Stacie did a twirl in front of the big mirror. But he could have known the answer from the joy in her movements, feeling so free from other people’s expectations. She didn’t say anything, feeling a little shy, but that was only natural too. She nodded when Phil looked at her, and that was all the answer he needed.

“Let’s get you back to the art room, then,” he said, opening the door they’d come in through. “Unless you changed your mind?” Stacie ran up and took his hand again. Doctor Phil’s hands seemed so much bigger than hers, ready to protect her. She knew then that she’d be happy doing whatever he wanted to do.

Stacie looked at the pictures as they went back to the art room, trying to decide what to paint. She didn’t try to remember the way, because she knew Doctor Phil would always be there to take her where she needed to go. And then they were back in a huge room like a cathedral, with paints and pencils all around the walls. Stacie looked up to see just how big the ceiling was, and saw that it had two glass domes in the middle, to make sure there was always lots of light for painting. That meant this room was probably at least two floors high, so the giganticness wasn’t just from her shrinking, or thinking she’d shrunk, or whatever had happened. It was hard to work out the real size though, and staring up at those domes just reminded her how small she was.

“You want to try finger painting like the little kids?” Phil asked, “Or drawing first?”

Stacie looked at the huge selection of colours and materials for her to choose from. She’d never seen a classroom with so many different tools, even in school. She thought about painting, but then imagined how embarrassing it could be if she splashed paint on her new clothes so soon after getting changed. Almost every time she looked at her hands, her fingers seemed shorter and pudgier, getting more like a baby’s. She knew she’d found it hard to unfasten all the buttons on the clothes that were too old for her, and she could guess it would probably be a bit harder to hold a brush as well. So she moved towards one desk that had a huge selection of crayons in a rack, almost a whole rainbow of colours. Even if it was a bit harder to draw straight lines, she knew she wouldn’t make a mess with those. And somehow, she found that impressing the doctor was really important to her now. She wanted to show him that she was still old enough to draw a proper picture, so much better than the shapeless blobs on the walls.

As soon as she sat down, Doctor Phil was at her elbow, offering a range of different coloured paper and card. She took a piece that was almost white, just the faintest shade of pink that you might think was just light reflecting off the red piece next to it. She knew she’d made the right choice when she leaned down to look closely at some darker speckles within the paper, and noticed a sweet, flowery scent. This was made with seeds, or tiny pieces of petals, right inside the paper, and it smelled lovely.

Stacie took a deep breath, and a memory poked at the back of her mind. The smell of roses was special, she knew. As long as she was here, that smell would make her happy, giggly, and eager to please. Feelings that would grow as long as she could smell it. She knew that was something she’d agreed to feel at the start of the game, and that it would only happen as long as it was still fun for her. The senses she’d spent most of her life training reminded her of what was happening, but she knew that she didn’t need to know, so she just let herself enjoy the nice perfume.

For just a second, she hesitated. She couldn’t remember what they did in this place, it was a mystery and a surprise for her. She only knew that being a little girl again was part of it, and now she was sure that being eager to please would be a part of it as well. What she did next would be one step closer to the mysterious thing she’d signed up for, and she couldn’t help being nervous about that even if she didn’t know why.

She glanced up at Doctor Phil, and tried to guess what he was thinking. She was pretty sure she wasn’t supposed to know anything now, everything was supposed to be a complete surprise for her. And she was sure it would be a nice surprise, but she still couldn’t forget completely. She couldn’t shut away her senses; she would always be a member of the Order, and she would always know when someone was trying to change her thoughts. But maybe, if she didn’t know where it was heading, she could just enjoy it anyway.

She could see Phil was about to ask something. Maybe he could guess that she knew something, so she had to show that she was going to play along. Show him the difference between knowing what he was doing, and fighting it. There was only one thing she could think of, so she did it. She leaned down towards the desk and took a deep breath of the flowery scent. It seemed to fill her mind, making everything seem so simple. The world around her seemed as pink as the paper, and she could feel her thoughts getting slower. But that was fine, it was what she wanted even if she didn’t remember why. And more importantly, it was what Doctor Phil wanted.

“It smells like flowers!” she said, and found herself getting carried away by giggles. She’d seen that he had all different colours of paper, but never imagined that any of them might be different smells as well. That was so wonderful, a brilliant invention, and she didn’t know what to do about it except laugh.

I'm actually thinking about putting this one out on Kindle. Do you think anyone would buy it? If this story is something you'd like, what keywords would you be searching for? And can you suggest a good cover artist for something like this? I've been told my original cover (made in half an hour using stock photos) is really bad, but I haven't got anything better. Maybe I could do an audiobook version too; I'd be happy with whatever revenue split you think is reasonable if someone would be interested in recording it. Let me know!

Chapter 12. Pictures of You

"Yep, it does.” Phil seemed so proud of Stacie recognising the smell of flowers, and so she was proud too even though she thought it should have been easy. “Can you tell me what kind of flowers they are?"

Stacie raised the sheet of paper up to her nose and took another deep breath. Her head felt like it was filling with pink fog, just like she’d expected. Everything she was thinking got a bit more confused. Her thoughts weren’t slow now, they were all excited and jumping up and down, all trying to get her attention. One thing was still clear, though. Phil had asked her a question, and she had to impress him.

“Roses!” she exclaimed cheerfully, “Pink roses, special magic ones that fills my head up with pink fog!”

“You’re a very clever little girl,” he smiled, “I didn’t expect you to know that. Do you like feeling your head get all foggy?”

“Yep!” Stacie’s head bobbed up and down, an excited nod that almost made her heck hurt. She knew she’d tell Doctor Phil anything he wanted now, and she hoped there wasn’t anything she might say that would make him not like her anymore. “I don’t got to think about everything and everything’s so funny and I know you’ll only make me do things I like!”

“Good girl,” he answered, and all her thoughts about the paper, or the fuzziness filling her head, quickly drained away. All that mattered was doing whatever she could to be a good girl, and to make Doctor Phil smile.

As the fog in her head cleared a little, she saw a whole rainbow of crayons spread out around her, and remembered that she was supposed to be drawing a picture. So she searched among the many colours and eventually found the least exciting thing possible: a pencil. She knew there had to be one in there somewhere, and she knew that she could do a better picture if she sketched the lines first. She had to decide what to draw, though.

She turned around and looked at Doctor Phil, standing there so proud of her and all the things she’d done. She knew then what to draw. She could draw her and Doctor Phil, playing in the huge gardens around this house. That was the biggest reward she could think of giving anyone, and she was sure it would make him happy.

She started sketching with the pencil, but it was harder than she’d expected. She stumbled and dropped her pencil once or twice, and then when she looked at what she’d drawn so far, it wasn’t cute or exciting. It was just a bunch of lines, trying to get the shape of the picture right. If she kept on taking this long, it would be hours before she even had any colours on the page. She knew she had to try to be patient, but it was a lot harder than it usually was. Maybe if she took another sniff of the flowery paper, she might worry less and be able to just do her drawing.

A sniff, and her head was filled with pink fog. Her picture was pretty good, she thought, and it would look even better when she coloured it in. She picked up a blue crayon, and started to colour the sky. It was hard to hold it straight because she wasn’t used to her fingers being so small, but once she wrapped her hand around it she could make big blue lines across the sky.

“Can’t wait?” Phil asked, and he was laughing too. That made Stacie grin even more, knowing that she’d made the most important person in her world happy. “It doesn’t have to be perfect, I just want you to have fun doing it. It’s the fun that counts.”

Stacie nodded and grinned. She looked back at her picture and realised she’d gone over where the sun was going to be with blue. But it didn’t matter; Phil said it didn’t need to be perfect. So she grabbed the next colour, yellow for the sun, and drew a big circle in a bit of sky that wasn’t all blue yet. Then she shaded it in, drawing spirals around and around until it made her dizzy and she didn’t know where she’d started. The circle was all filled in with yellow by then, with just a few lines that looked a bit blue. He was right, like always. It looked just as good if she didn’t stick with her pencil drawing. She didn’t need the drawing at all, she could just have fun with her crayons.

She’d drawn a figure to represent herself in black and silver before long. She couldn’t draw black stars on top of the silver, or silver stars on the black bits, because the crayons were too thick. But she could put stars around the little-girl-sized stick figure, and that was good enough. She caught Phil smiling when he looked at it, anyway, and that was all that mattered to her.

Then she had to draw Phil himself, but she wanted to surprise him. She didn’t want him to know that she was drawing him until she showed him the finished picture. So she tried to sneak a look at him without him seeing she was watching so closely. She turned her head around slowly, looked at the colour of his shoes, and then saw that he was looking at her, so she jerked her head back before he could notice. She grabbed a crayon and shaded in his black shoes. Then she looked at his trousers, which were also black. But this wasn’t the same kind of black, and she wondered why the crayons only had one colour of black. Maybe, if she looked at it right, those trousers might be a very, very dark blue. So she took the crayon labelled ‘midnight blue’ and drew a couple of lines for his trousers, and then scribbled over them in black. That should make them darker, mixing colours together, but it didn’t seem to make any difference that she could see. Well, it was blue. That would be good enough.

“Wow, mixing colours,” Phil’s voice surprised her so much she would have dropped the black, if she hadn’t just put it down. “You’re putting a lot of effort into getting the right colours on whatever you’re drawing. If you were any littler, you wouldn’t even care about getting the right colours, you’d just pick a colour that looks pretty for each piece.”

Stacie nodded and smiled, and then decided that she was going to use purple next. Her fingers were getting clumsier as they shrank, and she picked up the crayon and shifted it in her hand three or four times before she could hold it without it wobbling. She knew Phil had made her littler, and she was so glad about that. It felt wonderful to do what he wanted her to do, and she wouldn’t trade that feeling for anything. She quickly started drawing in his jacket. She thought his real one was probably black, but she was sure that a purple one would be cooler, so he’d like that more.

Next she drew in his tie, which had to be green because it was such a nice colour, just a bit paler than the grass around them in the garden. And then a head to make him look like a person, and she could start drawing in where they were. Grass, and flowers, and trees, and the house behind them would make the white page into the gardens around here, she was sure.

Looks like a while since I updated here. If you want to see more, let me know when it's time to post the next chapter.

Chapter 13. Accidents Can Happen

“Aren’t you clever, trying so hard on your picture?” Phil asked, and Stacie beamed in delight. “Would you like to be littler, so you don’t need to think so hard? I bet you’d be even cuter.” Phil asked, and Stacie nodded, not taking her eyes off the picture this time. “That’s good. But as you get any littler, you’ll only be able to grasp crayons in your fist, and you won’t be able to make the lines go where you want.”

The giant room was getting even bigger as Stacie felt herself getting even smaller. The desk felt like it was getting bigger around her as well, so she had to stretch to reach the other side of her piece of paper. She tried to colour in the grass, but just like Phil had said she couldn’t hold onto the crayon any more. Her fingers were too clumsy, and the green went skittering away over the desktop and fell on the floor. She tried again, picking up a different one. And this time, she managed to wrap her hand around it. But when she moved it towards the pages, the blue-green lines weren’t where she wanted them to be. She started to pout at the page, worried that Phil might not be able to tell what the picture was. She wanted to be littler, because that was what Doctor Phil wanted to happen, but she needed to do a picture for him.

“Don’t worry, little one,” his hands were on her shoulders, gently reassuring. “As you get younger, you’ll find that you’re so excited and proud of being able to make colours on the page, it doesn’t matter if it’s a picture or a scribble, you’ll be so happy that you can draw and you’ll know it’s perfect.”

Stacie nodded, but there were too many words there for her to take in. She only had a little head, she couldn’t think about complicated things. But she could feel herself getting smaller, and Phil’s hands seemed like he was a giant now. A wonderful, clever giant to look after her and make sure she was happy. She wanted to draw the best picture ever for him, to show him how much she loved him.

She’d already made a good start, with blue bits and green bits and red bits on the paper. There was a yellow bit too, for the sun, but that was only a little bit. The picture needed more sun, she thought, so she grabbed the yellow crayon between her hands and, after a couple of tries, put some yellow swirls around the two stick figures. It was so bright and colourful, she couldn’t help smiling. And she knew those stick figures would be happy And then she picked up a different colour that she couldn’t remember the name of now, like bright flowers.

She liked flowers, and she liked how the paper smelled like flowers when she drew them. She took a deep breath, and then scrawled a big spiral over the picture, an extra large flower to make it extra sweet. It was so easy to put these bright colours on the page, and she knew it looked beautiful. Then she picked up a different crayon in each hand, and tried to get on as much colour as she could onto the page. In a few minutes, the page was almost full with a wonderful swirl of bright colours. There were shapes that could be flowers everywhere, and a big man and a little girl in the middle.

Stacie turned and held the page out to show Phil, and she could see the joy in his eyes when he looked at it.

“Oh wow,” he grinned, “You really are a brilliant artist! Do you want to do another one, or is there something else you’d like to try?”

“Oh yeah!” Stacie babbled with a grin, and hopped down from her seat.  “Can I…” and then she stopped just as quickly as she’d started, the sudden movement bringing something else to her attention. This time she blushed, embarrassed to ask, but “Umm… where’s the little girls room?”

“Everywhere here is for little girls. Or, do you need the bathroom?” Stacie blushed as he asked. Even if she was that little now, she wasn’t used to having to ask anymore. But she nodded, and Phile continued: “Well, I can show you the way. Can you go like a big girl, or do you need help?”

“No!” Now the blush was a crimson fire spreading across her face. “I’m not that little, I can go by myself. You don’t need to…” Stacie mumbled, not knowing how to put her feelings into words. She didn’t want to always be asking Phil to help her, she wanted to make him happy.

“Oh, you’re so cute. Don’t worry, Stacie, you don’t need to pretend to be a big girl anymore. If you want, you can be the sweetest little baby for me and forget about all the scary grown-up stuff. Do you want to keep on feeling littler for me, Stacie?”

“Yeah!” she answered instantly, and nodded faster than ever. She had no doubts about anything, especially about wanting to be a good little girl and make Doctor Phil proud of her. “But… but I’m a big girl, I got to …”

“You don’t have to do everything, Stacie. You don’t have to do anything, you can just let me  take care of everything, because you’re a sweet little girl and I’m your babysitter today. You’re so cute, and I can help you be even littler and cuter if you want. You’d love to be a perfect little one for me, wouldn’t you Stacie? So, do you want me to help you go to the bathroom?”

“I…” she started, and then giggled and blushed a little. Even hearing her name was reassuring, a reminder that she could do anything Phil wanted. But she knew that even if she was littler, even if it was harder, she wanted to prove just how big she was. Hoping that Phil wouldn’t mind, she mumbled: “I can be cuter? But I still wanna try. I can do it myself. Is that okay?”

“Are you sure? Because you look like an adorable toddler who’s only just old enough to use the potty.” Phil paused for a smile, and Stacie looked down at her hands. She couldn’t stop smiling when Phil called her adorable, or when he said anything nice about her. She was happy to be called adorable if it made him smile, and excited to find out what else he wanted to show her. Then he continued: “You might try to go by yourself, but if you get any littler you’re going to have a little accident.”

Just like that, Stacie’s confused, blushing excitement was replaced by too many things for her mind to keep track of. The moment of dizziness as the room got bigger around her; the sight of her hands getting even smaller; the sweet-smelling pink fog blowing through her mind to take away a few more grown-up worries; and the feeling of leggings clinging to her legs, suddenly soaked with hot pee.

On 3/21/2022 at 6:23 PM, Omochao said:

I am loving this story and am looking forward to more when it's ready!

Sorry for the delay 🙂 I somehow didn't get a notification for your reply, and didn't realise it had been so long since I posted.

Chapter 14. Finish What You Started

Stacie gasped, surprised even though she already knew she couldn’t resist what Phil said. She never expected it to happen so quickly, or so easily. And she’d known he was making her as cute as a little girl, but somewhere inside she’d never thought he would make her go peepee in her panties. Even once she’d realised, it took her a second or two to stop peeing, and she felt she needed to go almost as much as before.

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled, “I couldn’t help it…”

“It’s fine,” Phil put an arm around her shoulders, as reassuring as ever. “You’re only a little girl, you should do what comes naturally. Good girl. Now, I think you need to get changed again. Are you okay with wearing diapers, so it’s easier to get you cleaned up after the next little accident?”

“I won’t do it again,” Stacie protested, “I can hold it now.” She was still clinging to the thought that she was a big girl underneath all the changes they’d made. She wanted to show him how good she was at acting big, and she wanted to not make any more work for Phil if she could help it. But she was probably small enough now that wearing diapers might be a good idea, so she added: “Are they cute?”

“I’m sure we’ve got extra cute diapers just for you, and an extra cute baby outfit. I’ll leave a note for the cleaners to come in here and mop the floor, they won’t mind. But I’m sure they might be a little busy if you’re leaving a trail of puddles all the way to the bathroom.”

“I won’t,” Stacie shook her head, “I was just surprised. I can hold it now.”

“Are you sure? I think that’s a bit of a risk. If you can’t hold it, then you might have an accident in the corridor, and that’s more work for the cleaners. It’s okay if you don’t try, because they already need to clean up in here. So, what do you think? Can I ask you to be a good girl, and stop pretending to be bigger? Or should I make you a little bit littler, so you can’t even try to hold it?”

“You won’t be mad?” she asked cautiously, “About cleaning up after me?”

“Of course not. You’re adorable like that, just like a regular baby. And I love looking after baby girls.”

“Okay,” Stacy mumbled, blushing still, but smiling a little too. She was nervous, and she was embarrassed. But she could still feel the sweet, flowery scent of the paper filling her head with fog, and the grownup whose opinion mattered more than anything had said he wanted her to stop being a big girl. Stacie closed her eyes and took a little moment to remember how to let herself relax. She told herself that she was already standing in a puddle, and it didn’t matter if she let herself go some more. Better than having an accident in the corridor, just like Phil had said. He was so clever, it was like he was always right.

The stream flooded down her legs this time, soaking all the stretchy fabric of her leggings, and she could feel that she was standing in a puddle already. It was embarrassing, but Phil had said this way was better, and she wanted to please him. So she kept on peeing until she was sure she was completely empty.

Then, she looked up at Phil. Even when he’d told her, she was still a little nervous. She was sure grownups were supposed to be angry if she did that, and she didn’t want to make Phil angry.

“Did you just do a wee in your panties?” he asked.

Stacie tried to answer, but her voice came out as a strangled squeak. She nodded, though.

“All done now?”

Another couple of rapid-fire nods.

“Good girl,” and the joy came back onto Stacie’s face like someone had flicked a switch. Phil was happy, he said she was good, and that was all that mattered. She knew now that she’d never hesitate again when he told her to pee. It didn’t matter what a big girl was supposed to do, and it didn’t matter what anybody else might think, and it didn’t even matter if it was embarrassing. If it got Phil to say those magic words, she would do anything. She was so lost in the tide of joy and pride, she didn’t even hear him say it again: “Good girl.” But she felt the wave of happiness it sent through her body, and she knew that hearing those words again was the only thing that mattered. She would do anything at all for him.

“Would you like to go and get changed now?” Phil asked, after giving a few moments for Stacie’s happiness to give way to actual thoughts again.

“Oh, yeah!” she grinned and giggled, putting her wonderful picture down on one of the desks and getting another whiff of pink for in her head as she moved it. “Super cute diapers! I hope they’re pink. Can I choose, like with my clothes?” On some level she probably knew that she should have been embarrassed, but now she was just as excited as she’d been about getting cute clothes. Maybe it was even the same excitement, because a diaper was probably the right clothes for her age now.

“I’m sure you can. We’ve got like twenty different patterns, in all different sizes. I think someone in the office didn’t know which one to choose, so they just got some of everything.”

“Wow,” Stacie tried to imagine a walk-in wardrobe just for diapers, and found it very easy to giggle at the thought. It was just so crazy that there wasn’t any other way to reply. Weird things were happening today, and Stacie was a lot littler than she thought she was going to be. She still didn’t know what was going to happen when she got big again, but it wasn’t important. When she could laugh, all her worries just drifted away. And she knew that whatever happened, there would be a grown-up like Phil there to make sure she was happy. She could just let go and enjoy the ride, wherever it was going to take her.

Chapter 15. Out of Control

When the wave of laughter faded, Stacie was feeling a lot more confident about whatever was coming next. She’d been a little bit naughty, but Phil wasn’t angry at all. So maybe it wasn’t as naughty as she thought. If she could be sure of that, she didn’t need to be embarrassed anymore.

“I did a weewee in my panties,” she said again. She was still blushing, but giggling a little as well. She knew it was naughty, but somehow that was exciting. Doing something forbidden made her feel alive, like a rebel, even if Phil had said it was okay.

“Yes,” Phil answered her with a smile. “And I’m so proud of you.”

“Really?”

“Yes. You’re turning into the cutest little baby ever. It’s so hard just to relax and let it happen, but you’re being the cutest baby ever. Good girl.”

As the blushes conquered her face again, Stacie couldn’t stop smiling. And there was only one doubt left in her mind.

“So I get changed now and get all clean?”

“Yes. Let’s go, and you can pick a cute diaper out. I’m sure you’ll be an adorable baby.”

“Does that mean I’m not allowed to use the potty? Do I got to ask?”

“It’s up to you, Stacie. If you really want to you can try to go potty like a big girl, but I might make it harder for you. Or you can relax and use your diapers like a good baby. I’m just here to help you be a happy little one, so you don’t need to worry at all.”

Stacie nodded and smiled. He wanted her to be a baby, so she was going to be the best baby ever. It was still just a little embarrassing, but she knew that she was having more and more fun the littler she got, so Phil must know what was best for her. It seemed like a weird thing to ask, and she wasn’t sure she wanted that choice.

“Do you want me to poop in my diaper too?” she asked, her surprise at the thought coming through clearly. “I don’t… I mean, you said like a baby, and babies…”

“You can if you want,” Phil smiled. “You’re enjoying turning into a baby so much, I’m sure it wouldn’t upset you.”

“Uh-uh,” she shook her head, “I don’t think I’m gonna. But if you want me to, I…”

“I think it’s nice for you to be more babyish, but I don’t mind if you want to leave that until later. If you want to just go as soon as you feel the urge, you already know I’ll be so proud of you for being a good baby. Or if you’d rather, I can speed up making you littler to the point you can’t help it. You already know I can make you have an accident, don’t you? So if you want it to happen, you can just ask me. Any time you’re ready.”

“I wanna be a baby for you!” Stacie said, and when she heard the words coming out of her mouth she knew that they were really true. This wasn’t just playing along; it was something she could be excited about. Anything that would make Phil happy made her happy too, and she couldn’t wait to be a complete little baby for him, no matter what that involved. “Pleeeeease can I be a baby?”

“Of course you can. I think you’re halfway there already, and being in diapers will make you even cuter. I want you to be a real baby, so you will be, and the only thing you get to choose is when. Do you want to tell me when you’re ready to be littler again, or make you littler as soon as you’re changed? You can be a baby now or later, it’s up to you. Or if you want to keep your diapers clean a little longer, you can ask to use the potty before you change, and I’ll tell you what a good girl you are until you get littler again. Do you want to be a perfect little baby right away, or would you rather take it slow, step by step, and enjoy each little change?”

“Uhh…” Stacie wasn’t sure how to reply. All of the options sounded equally scary, and fun, and embarrassing, and exciting. “I don’t know, it’s all naughty, can you surprise me please? Umm you could do what you like best? Or toss a coin?”

“Heh, you’re adorable. You don’t want any more choices?”

“I wanna…” embarrassment lowered Stacie’s voice to a whisper, so she wasn’t even sure if Phil could hear her, “… to do everything you say and be a good baby for you.”

“That’s okay,” Phil patted her on the head, ruffling her hair, and nothing could have made her happier. “I won’t ask you anymore, so everything’s a surprise. You can always say stop if it’s too much, or too fast. But even when I say it, you might be too little to understand. You’re already using childish words for some things, like saying potty instead of toilet. That is so cute, but if you get any younger then you won’t understand what I mean if I use the adult words for those things, my words will go right over your head and make you feel so little, but you will be able to do what I tell you without understanding.”

Stacie giggled excitedly as she felt herself getting smaller again, and the room getting bigger. She found it was hard to keep her balance, and she felt like she could fall over soon. Was she really getting too little to walk? She didn’t know. But she was sure the next time Phil made her littler, she might not know right away what he’d decided to have her do. It was like a mystery tour, and she had no idea how many stops were left on this ride.

“Wow,” she said, grabbing Phil’s hand and holding on tight. “I think I’m getting small. I can still walk though, is that okay? It’s kinda fun.”

“Yes, you can still walk,” Phil smiled down at her, and took a few slow steps to the door. “When you get younger, you’ll still be able to walk most of the time. You won’t fall down unless you’re somewhere safe so it won’t hurt. But you’ll feel really proud of walking, like it’s something you just learned, and you’ll keep on feeling like you might fall if you’re not careful.” There were a lot of words there, and Stacie had forgotten them before she could even try to untangle the meaning. But she was sure Phil had said at the start she could walk like a big girl, so while she felt the room growing around her she held onto his hand and took a couple of wobbly steps.

“You’ll be getting smaller again soon,” Phil cautioned her, “It might be a good idea to stand still until you’re sure what size you are. When you get younger again, every step you take will feel like a big achievement, and you’ll be so proud of being able to walk, but you’ll get clumsier and clumsier until you can’t even stand without a little help, and you’ll feel more safe and protected than you ever thought possible. And after the next time you get younger, you will automatically empty your bladder or bowels whenever you feel the slightest urge. You won’t be able to hold it at all, and you will feel so very embarrassed, but in a way that you really love. Is that okay?”

Stacie looked up at Phil’s hand, her eyes wide in amazement. She hadn’t been able to hear most of his words, she’d just been watching her own hands get smaller, and feeling the world get bigger, again and again. It didn’t matter that she could see her hand clasping his almost normally, she’d stopped paying any attention to what was really there. The image in her mind was of her tiny, pudgy hand clumsily holding onto two of his fingertips, and barely being able to reach around to make her fingers touch. Phil was almost a giant now, or she was just a step or two away from being a baby. And she didn’t have a clue what he’d just told her to feel.

“You okay?” Phil asked again, a few moments later. “Too much?”

“No. I’m good! Super little! I like surprises!” Stacie nodded happily, head bobbing even faster now. She was excited to find out what was going to come next, and turning it into a mystery had just made her look forward to it even more.

Chapter 16. Another Step

“Okay baby, how about we get you changed into some clean clothes?” Phil asked. Stacie blushed a little and looked down at herself. It was easy to see the damp patch that stretched down her leggings, covering the inside of her legs. Her clothes were soaked with pee, clinging to her legs, and anyone who saw her would know what had happened. She knew that she was turning into a baby now, and it wasn’t her fault. But that didn’t make it any less embarrassing. She knew that Phil said it was cute, and that he’d told her to stop holding it, but that didn’t make it any easier either. Now she just wanted to get changed as soon as possible, into clothes that wouldn’t make it so easy to see.

As soon as Phil opened the door she ran towards him again. The world had stopped growing now, and everything was staying in its place, so she didn’t think she needed to stand still anymore. But before she got to the doorway, she was having second thoughts. Her foot shot forward like it was on the end of a rubber band, and she didn’t know if she put it down in the right place or not. She couldn’t tell if her feet were still under her, and she felt like she was about to fall down. She could keep on holding the edge of the table, but then she would just fall backwards and sit down in a puddle. She didn’t have time to think, so she just threw herself forward and hoped that her feet would be somewhere like the right place by the time the next step arrived.

She was stumbling, and her legs didn’t move where she wanted them to, but at least she was moving. Her journey to the edge of the art room was one little catastrophe after another, putting off her inevitable fall for one moment after another. She never knew it could be so hard to walk, but somehow her rubber legs always seemed to catch her, just well enough to push her a little step further forward. And then before she fell, Phil was there to catch her arms. With his strong hands on her shoulders, and her feet spreading out beneath her when she put them down a little too far apart, she could finally come to a stop. Her legs were trailing on the floor like a rag doll now, but she had got to Phil and she hadn’t fallen. That was a big thing in itself, maybe even the farthest she’d ever walked.

“I did it!” she said, and giggled again. “I walked!”

“I know you did. Good girl. Now, do you think you can keep on walking? Or will it be easier to crawl now?”

“I can walk!” she said proudly. “Big girl!”

“Go on then,” Phil beamed. “I’ll show you the way. And I’ll be here to catch you if you have trouble. I’m sure you can do it.”

It wasn’t at all easy. Phil took a step back, and then stood at arm’s length. Stacie held onto his fingers tightly, and threw one of her feet forward. It had to land somewhere in front of her, and then she would be able to step onto it. Sometimes it took her more than one try, but as long as she had a grown-up to hold her hand, she knew that it didn’t matter if she did it wrong. She could wave her foot around until it hit the floor, and use Phil’s hand to keep her up until then.

By the time they got a few steps from the art room door, she was feeling really proud of every little step, even if Phil was almost carrying her. Sometimes she did more than one step at a time, holding onto the wall while Phil stepped back and then catapulting herself across the hallway until she could get a grip on the other side. And step by step, she moved after him.

“Good girl!” Phil cheered when she finally reached the door at the end of the hallway. She didn’t know how far they had come, but it seemed like a marathon. She held onto the wall for a few seconds, glad for a wooden rail she could put her hands on, and then looked down to her feet. They were still wobbly, and she didn’t know how to make them do what she wanted, but she knew she had won. She had walked all the way here by herself, and she could be proud of it now. She didn’t need to fight them anymore. Her feet slid apart on the tiles, and her knees pressed together as she slowly sank down to the ground. She didn’t mind now if she fell down, she was happy that she had got so far.

Then the door behind Phil slid open. It looked just like all the others in this place, but it slid instead of swinging, and the room on the other side was just a little white box. Phil beckoned her inside, and she decided that for now it would be easier to crawl. She had already walked like a big girl, and she didn’t need to keep on proving herself at every step. And crawling gave her plenty of time to look around, while she was waiting for her hands and feet to go where she wanted them. They still didn’t do it quite right, but she wasn’t going to fall down when she had both hands on the ground, so it was less scary.

She wasn’t even scared when the door started closing behind her. She pulled her toes in, to make sure the door didn’t bite her like some kind of monster, and then gave a little giggle at her own silliness. This was a lot of fun, not needing to think so much. She rolled over a little bit and then found herself sitting in the corner. She was sure this wasn’t a changing room, unless all the diapers were in hiding. But when she looked up at a square of tiles with flights behind on the ceiling, and a little rectangular panel that Phil was pushing, she could almost remember the word ‘elevator’. Stacie smiled with pride, knowing that she’d solved one little mystery. And she wasn’t so surprised when the floor shook just a little bit, and she felt like they were starting to move.

“Go up!” she laughed, and pointed at the ceiling.

“Yes,” Phil answered with the same smile as always. “We’re going up. You’re such a clever girl, aren’t you?”

Yes, this is chapter 18. The last 5 have been misnumbered, because I put chapter 12 at the top twice. Now it's right again.

Chapter 18. Choice of Colours

When the elevator doors opened, it took a few moments for Phil to get Stacie to her feet again, but she didn’t mind. She was feeling so giddy, it didn’t even matter that it took her a couple of attempts to put her feet on the floor right so that she could stand. And when she took another step forward, she could feel so proud of not falling. She was turning into a baby, so it was harder than usual, but she could still do it. It was like playing a game on hard mode, every little thing she could still do made her feel extra proud, and she loved testing herself like this.

Phil took her hand, and she took a few tottering steps down the new corridor. She couldn’t tell  if the windows were really higher than before, or if it was just her feeling smaller. But the whole place felt giant, and she was sure she would be lost in the maze if she didn’t keep thinking. She was so glad that Phil was still there to help her. She felt so good when she could manage a few tottering steps, but she didn’t even know where she was going. And he was really nice to her, letting her show what a big girl she was. As he got to the nearest door, with a little brass plaque on it with a bunch of letters she didn’t have time to understand, he held it open for her instead of just pulling her through. She rested one hand on the frame and then stumbled forward.

This was a room for babies, she was sure about that. There was a changing table, and white cupboards all over the walls. And then on every space that wasn’t full of packets and bottles, there were pictures of unicorns. Some pictures were even bigger than Stacie, while one was small enough to sit on the little bit of plastic around the light switch, a little spark from its horn leaping out to make the lights work. And there were more pictures pinned up in between, things that little kids of all ages had drawn. Some of them she could even tell what they were supposed to be, but she could feel how much fun it had been for  everybody drawing. Her picture hadn’t been of a unicorn, but she wondered if she could do one for this place soon. If she came here enough then she could have a picture in every room, and she wondered if any of the kids had done that before.

She wobbled towards one of the walls, looking at the pictures. Some of the big ones were really good, like they were painted onto the walls and all the rows of cupboards were part of them. Somebody really wanted to make this place look cute.

“Can you climb up here, Stacie?” Phil was asking, tapping the table in front of him. “Or do you need me to pick you up?”

She looked again, and she didn’t know if she could do it. It wasn’t a big table, but she was only a little girl. And she really wanted to impress Phil, and show him what a big girl she could be even when she was playing on hard mode. So she went over to the table, and did two whole steps without falling down. She could see that there was a step there, a little plastic thing with another picture of unicorns on the top. So she put a foot on it and lifted herself up, feeling a little dizzy even with the horsies to help her up. Her leg waved around in the air for a bit, but after a few tries she managed to pull herself up onto the table. It felt like she had climbed a mountain, and she felt so good that she could do such a big girl thing.But when Dr Phil patted her head and told her what a good girl she was, that felt better than ever.

The table wasn’t really a table, and it wasn’t really a couch. She wasn’t sure what it was, but she could see it was kind of comfy. The top was very big, more than big enough for a little girl like Stacie to lie on. It was padded, not hard, padded like a car seat with a shiny material. She couldn’t think of anything else like it, except maybe the dentist’s chair. It was something that would be comfy to sit on, but shiny so it could be wiped clean as well. She thought that was a great idea, because babies who weren’t as clever as her would make a lot of mess.

“Let’s get these soggy bottoms off you, okay?” Phil said, and Stacie couldn’t help blushing as she looked down. Her silver leggings were all dark and stuck to her legs, but she’d almost forgotten that they were soaked with pee. In the time she’d taken to walk all the way to the changing room she hadn’t thought about it at all. She found her eyes closing in embarrassment, hoping that nobody would see her if she couldn’t see them. She knew that didn’t make any sense, but it still made her feel better. She could feel the damp fabric sliding over her skin as Dr Phil pulled on the leggings, but she didn’t move and kept her hands pressed over her eyes. It wasn’t easy to tell what he was doing, and she didn’t really want to know. But a few minutes later, somebody tickling the bottom of her feet got her attention.

Stacie shrieked in giddy laughter and tried to pull her feet away, but she couldn’t escape the tips of Phil’s fingers. She looked up at him and tried to think of something to say, but he stopped almost right way. She was curled up now with her knees almost touching her chest, and that meant it was easy for him to take hold of her cute orange panties now they weren’t trapped between her bottom and the shiny stuff she was lying on. As soon as she straightened her legs a little, her panties were taken away and thrown somewhere in the corner of the room.

She couldn’t stop blushing, but she could still look up at Phil, and see that he was smiling. She must be a really cute little baby, she thought, and that was something she could feel good about. He was holding something up for her to look at, and once she noticed and tried to look properly, she could see that they were diapers. Big diapers, as thick as a book when they were folded up, in a bunch of different patterns. Two of them were pink, just like she’d asked for. One was bright pink, probably as pink as her face, and had a pattern of sheep and dinosaurs chasing each other all over it. The other one was more like a pastel colour, almost peach or one of the fancy colours that Stacie didn’t know the proper names for. It had lace and frills on the outside as well, like it was a part of some kind of cake, or a piece of a princess’s fancy dress. They were both really cute, and Stacie couldn’t decide because she knew that she wanted both of them. But in Phil’s other hand was a third choice. It wasn’t pink this time, even though she’d asked for pink. This one was orange, as bright as a carrot, and the pictures printed all over it were little deserts and smiling cakes. Just like the panties she’d been wearing before, she realised. A pattern that she had really loved.

It didn’t make any sense, she was just about big enough to know that. But it made her feel better if she imagined she wasn’t losing the pretty pattern. She was just changing from panties to diapers, because she was a little girl who was practising to be a baby. But she could still wear the things she liked.

Chapter 19. The New Look

“Good girl,” Phil said with a smile as she pointed. “Now, can you lift your bum up like a good girl and let me put these on you?”

Stacie nodded and did as she was told. She found that she could get hold of her legs and pull them closer, so it was easier to lift herself up while Phil did whatever he was doing. He tapped on her ankles again to let her know she could move, and then she let herself flop down so she was lying on the table again. She could feel the diaper under her bum, crinkling just a little but soft and kind of comfy. She giggled again while Phil rubbed baby oil into her skin. He explained what he was doing, something about making sure that she didn’t get a rash, but she didn’t understand most of the words. She decided that didn’t matter. It tickled a little bit, but his hands were warm and she knew that Phil knew what was best for her.

Then he was putting baby powder on her. A fine cloud of powder spread out in the air as well, and Stacie automatically reached out to try and grab some. She didn’t get anything when she looked down at her hands, but that didn’t put her off. She could still try again, grabbing at the air and wondering if she would be able to catch something. She was so preoccupied with that, she barely noticed Phil’s giant hands pulling the front of the diaper up between her legs and smoothing down the tapes one by one.

“There’s a good baby,” he said, and Stacie felt that she could be glowing with pride. She was so happy to be told that she was good, and right away she was looking for a mirror so she could see how cute she was now. Then he took her hands and helped her to sit up. She tried swinging her wobbly legs around so she could risk the precarious step down from the changing table, but Phil was still holding her hands and it wasn’t that easy to move.

“Did you forget these?” he asked, holding up a pair of cute little socks with pictures of a cake and a sundae on the bottom, almost matching the cute little pictures all over her diaper. Stacie looked down to her feet and giggled. She hadn’t even realised that she wasn’t wearing her socks. “You don’t have to wear them if you don’t want. But you thought they were cute before. Do you want socks?”

She nodded eagerly, and made a grab for the socks. Phil let her have one, and guided the other onto her foot with very little effort. Stacie wasn’t doing so well; she could grab her foot and pull it towards her, or grasp the sock, but she couldn’t work out how to do both at the same time. And even when she managed to get her foot to stay where she wanted it, she couldn’t work out how to get the sock to open. Her fingers were too clumsy to open it up, so she just ended up flapping the sock against her foot.

“Clever girl,” Phil said as he gently put his giant hands over hers. His fingers teased the opening at the top of the sock apart, and gently guided it a little lower. But he was only helping; Stacie still had her hand on the sock, so she knew she was doing this herself. “Now, can you push your foot into there?”

She kicked out, and she felt her heel bang against the back of Phil’s hand, but she didn’t worry about that too much. And then her foot was doing just what she wanted, going inside the sock. She cheered, and then tried to jump up and down to show her excitement. That didn’t work so well, because she was still sitting on a table and one of her feet was in Phil’s hands. But she wobbled about a bit and found herself almost falling before another strong hand reached out to catch her. She still kept on giggling, and couldn’t stop smiling as he helped her down from the table, step by step on wobbly legs. On the bottom step, Phil helped her to get her feet into cute little shoes, so that she wouldn’t slip on the shiny floor.

Stacie found herself looking around the little changing room, but she couldn’t see it. She thought about asking Phil, but that just made her blush. He might think she was silly for asking. But when he looked down at her he just smiled, and turned to one of the cupboards in the corner as he answered.

“Looking for something?” he said. “Is this what you’re after? A picture of the cutest little girl ever.”

Inside the cupboard door was a mirror, like a fancy closet. When Phil stepped aside and held it open, Stacie could see all of herself, and she really was even cuter that before. She still had a pretty black shirt with stars on, and letters too, but she didn’t know what any of them were. She decided that it was probably her name, so that everybody would know who she was. Now she had little pink and blue shoes that looked almost like real grown-up ones, but the laces were just printed on, and sticking out of the tops were orange socks with frilly tops that perfectly matched her diaper.

“Awwww!” she squealed, unable to help her self. “Tankyou!” And then, after a brief pause, she pointed into the cupboard behind the mirror, at something she hadn’t expected to see here. It was plastic, pink, and shaped kind of like an elephant with big ears and a trunk. And she’d been sure that they didn’t have one after what Phil had told her before. “Uhh why…”

“Oh, that? It’s just a training potty. Because some of the boys and girls here aren’t little enough to use their diapers properly yet. You’re such a good baby, so I’m sure you won’t need that thing. I mean, you can try if you want to later…”

Stacie shook her head quickly, blushing again. “I’m a good baby,” she repeated. “Does that mean there’s big girls too?”

“Some of them. But give them time and they might grow down to be as cute as you.”

That was the kind of compliment that Stacie didn’t know how to take. It was even more intense than being called a good girl, because it meant that it wasn’t just Phil being nice. He really thought she was being good, he really thought she was cute, and he wanted somebody else to be more like her. That was an incredible thing for such a little girl to hear, and she buried her face in her hands giggling and trying to hide the blushes.

“I was just going to ask you,” Phil continued. “Would you like to meet some of the other little ones? We could go to the art room and maybe some of the others will come in. Or I could take you to the nursery, where Mama Natalye is looking after Cass. She’s new too, so she might like to meet a friend. Or if you really want we could go outside. Some of the older boys in the preschool class are trying to find bugs and draw pictures of them, but they’ll probably be trying to catch them instead and throw creepy crawlies at each other.”

“Eww!” Stacie reacted without even thinking. But she still needed to make a decision, and she had no idea which to choose.

7 minutes ago, Wettingunder said:

I love it! Can’t wait to see the next chapter.

Great to see someone's still interested 🙂

Chapter 20. I’m Lost Without You

“I take it that’s a ‘no’ to playing with boys and their bugs?” Phil asked, and Stacie just giggled. But she still didn’t know what she wanted to do instead. She knew that she enjoyed doing pictures, and she thought about that for a minute. She loved when she could put colours on the paper, and she was sure that there were even more colours she hadn’t tried yet. But she wanted someone to show them to as well. She felt great when she showed them to Phile, but if somebody else was there it would be even better.

But then she didn’t know if there was going to be somebody she could share her art with. Phil hadn’t been sure about that, and she thought that was a bit weird because he knew everything. But he had said there was somebody new here. That might mean another little girl, and Stacie was a little bit nervous about that. She looked down at her hands and saw the pudgy fingers of a toddler. She knew she was a good baby, just like Phil had told her. But at the same time, she knew there was another picture underneath. She was a big girl really, just playing at being a baby. If it was all make believe, would another girl know she was a baby? She wanted to make friends, but she didn’t know how that would work.

Umm,” she mumbled. “How big?” She didn’t know how else to put it, but she felt like she had to know. If Phil just understood what she meant.

“Cass, you mean? She’s almost as little as you, I think. But you don’t need to worry about that. When you get younger you won’t even think about how people look, or how big they are. You’ll be able to tell from somebody’s clothes if they’re a baby or a grown-up, and how they act. You won’t see a need to think about it beyond that.”

No, I…” Stacie tried again. She felt like she should ask how old she really was, because she didn’t know. But she also thought it was something she shouldn’t be thinking about. And as she stared at her hands, she saw them start to shrink again. However little she was, she would be littler in a couple of minutes, so there really wasn’t any point asking more. She could just do what she was told. She was excited about the possibility of meeting a new friend, and hoped that Phil would think it was the best idea.

“Don’t worry, little one. You can do whatever you want to do, okay? You’re too little to think twice about things. Would you like to make a new friend?” This time Stacie didn’t need to think twice. She nodded vigorously, and her head had probably only gone down and up twice when Phil carried on speaking: “Okay then. Let’s go see if we can find Mama Natalye. Do you want me to carry you, or can you walk by yourself?”

Of course, Stacie wanted to show what a big girl she was. She set off running, and didn’t stop until she reached the door. Then she had to wait for Phil, because she didn’t know how to work a complicated grown-up thing like a door handle. But Phil didn’t say anything, didn’t try to embarrass her. He really was the nicest person ever. He just walked over to the door and opened it, and then waited for Stacie to step outside ahead of him.

She was so excited that she raced off down the corridor right away.  She had to think about each foot she put down, but she quickly found that if she was moving fast enough it didn’t matter. She ran with legs flailing around beneath her like a confused spider, but even if they didn’t hit the ground where she expected to, the next foot was already coming down before she had a chance to fall. She wobbled from side to side, bouncing off the walls, but she knew that she was getting there a lot faster than she did when she’d been trying to remember how to walk.

She didn’t want to stop now, and she wasn’t sure she knew how. If she stopped throwing one foot out in front of the other, she might fall down. That wasn’t a good way to meet a new friend. So she decided to keep on running, and think about stopping when she got there. She barreled into a corner with her hands outstretched, bounced off the wall, and carried on moving with barely a stumble. Stacie was so proud of herself now, so excited by moving around without a grown up to hold her hand, that she’d passed three more corners before she even noticed that she didn’t know where she was going.

That might have worried her, but she was too excited to care. There were a lot of long hallways here, and one of them had to lead to the nursery. So if she kept on running long enough, or maybe just fast enough, she would get there eventually. She congratulated herself for being so smart, and grabbed a door handle to keep her balance as she tumbled around the next corner.

This time she wasn’t quite so elegant. She wanted to see herself like some brilliant spy in a movie, grabbing onto something and swinging around it so she could keep going on the other side without the suspect getting away. But this time when she let go her legs hadn’t quite caught up and she stumbled across the hall into the wall opposite, tried to turn on the spot, and tripped over her own legs. She landed on a pile of clean towels all stacked up on a trolley, so it didn’t hurt, but it was still embarrassing to fall. She had to keep going and find the nursery quickly, before anybody saw her or  told her off for creasing up the pile of fluffy towels.

Stacie looked ahead again, at the corridor stretching away. Or where it could have been, anyway. Instead of another long corridor, there was just a short one with more doors off it than she could count. She’d got to the end, so one of those had to be the right place, didn’t it? But when she looked up at the signs on the doors, none of them said Cass. None of them said nursery either. In fact, none of these doors had labels that Stacie could read. There was just a bunch of white squiggles that might have been letters; but she didn’t know what they might mean.

Now, Stacie started to worry. She picked herself up, feeling proud that she could still do that, but she really had no idea where to go next. And even worse, she remembered that the house had been huge. Bigger than any school she’d ever seen, so she might end up lost for days. And because she’d run away like that, Phil might have to send out a rescue party to find her. That was a really, really silly thing to do. Stacie didn’t want to be lost in this maze, and when she thought about that it was just too hard not to cry.

Chapter 21. Friend Like Me

Stacie looked at the little corridor in front of her, with three or four doors on each side. There wasn’t any space for pictures between them, and the corridor just ended in another door. She didn’t know if any of them were the room she was heading for, and she couldn’t check because she wasn’t really sure where she was going. She hadn’t asked Phil before she ran off, and that made her feel very silly. Now she had a dead end, and she didn’t know where to go next. She moved towards the nearest door, but a little wobble left her on her knees. She couldn’t even stand up right. She crawled over the door instead, and pulled at the handle. But nothing happened, and she was kneeling on the floor again, fighting the urge to cry.

“Stacie!” Phil’s voice startled her, and she turned around so quickly that she would have fallen again if he hadn’t caught her. “Are you okay? You’re good at running!”

“Yeah,” she giggled, looking down at feet that wouldn’t go where she wanted. “I’m… umm… I can walk I’m not a baby.” She didn’t want to admit that she was lost, but she knew she’d have to ask for help sooner or later. Admitting her mistake was something she could think about later.

“I wondered if you were chasing a fairy,” he said, and she could only laugh at that. She didn’t need to worry when Phil was being so nice to her. “Do you want to keep on following what you were after? Or we can go and meet Natalye and Cass, or go draw pictures again. What do you like most?”

Stacie was just looking down at her feet now. That was a big question, and it was hard to remember all the options at once. But she wanted to be a good girl for Phil, so she tried to think about all the things he’d said.

“Feeling confused?” he asked, and this time she could nod; an easy answer. And she felt him pull her closer, giving her a gentle hug that made everything right again. “That’s okay, you’re just a little one, and you don’t need to understand everything all at  once. So, would you like to meet another little girl like you?”

“‘es,” Stacie mumbled, and gave another little chuckle when she heard her voice. She sounded so small and cute, a baby who could only think about questions when they came in bite-size chunks. And like that, she could feel safe again. So Phil hugged her more, and then took her hands and helped her to stand while he led her off down the corridor. After a few steps she felt the urge to run again, and pulled free. But this time she stopped at the corner, hanging onto the wall to make sure she didn’t fall down, and watched until Phil pointed which way she should go.

The nursery, it turned out, was another floor up. Stacie didn’t notice that they were walking right back the way they’d come before, but she did recognise the little box room with buttons on the wall. She pressed all the buttons, when Phil held her up to them, and giggled at how naughty she was being. She didn’t notice that only the one Phil had pressed lit up. She giggled giddily as the room started to move; it was probably as exciting as any funfair ride. But she did kind of notice, as they stopped on the third floor, that the corridor had a very similar layout to the one they’d just come from, and the nursery turned out to be in the same place as the changing room. Stacie blushed a little bit when she realised that she’d run a lot more than she needed to, but then the thought slipped out of her mind before she could worry about it.

Phil didn’t go in right away. He reached past Stacie to push the door open, and let her look into the room. It was as big as the art room, or even bigger. Everything seemed to be giant here. The windows in the nursery were high up and at funny angles, so maybe they were right under the roof, and little specks of dust shone like glitter in the shafts of light that criss-crossed up near the ceiling. The walls were all white higher up, but down towards the ground they were covered with a giant mural of foxes and bunnies and sheep all dancing in a ring. The animals were super cute and all smiling, making it feel like the room was full of friends even though there were only two women in there.

There were a lot of tables around the room, and little sets of cupboards that all seemed to be one wheels. There were also a half dozen cribs scattered around the room; some of them with plain wooden bars and some painted in pastel rainbow colours. There seemed to be a couple of different styles, and many of them had mobiles hanging above them, with wooden animals, flowers, or planes slowly swinging in the breeze.

The women were over to her right, by the closest crib. Stacie turned towards them, and wondered how to introduce herself. One of them was really tall and looked very strong. She had a deep tan and her skin looked dry, like the weather hadn’t been very kind to her, but she was smiling. Her hair was dark, tied back in a tight bun, and she had a navy blue dress with a white apron that let Stacie know right away that she was a nurse. As she turned, a badge on her chest came into view: a little orange ring of wavy lines, with a white card in the middle with a bunch of letters on it. Stacie knew it was supposed to say something, but she didn’t know any of those letters, so she didn’t worry about it.

She was talking to somebody else, who was sitting on the edge of the crib where the bars were folded down to the ground. A tall girl with red hair that had little bits of different colours near the end. She was wearing a dress, but there was so much lace on it that Stacie thought even a big girl wouldn’t be able to count all the layers. As she stood up and turned to face the newcomers, she looked a little bit like a ballerina, a little bit like a princess, a little bit like a fancy wedding dress, but to Stacie she looked a lot like a yellow christmas tree made of lace, with a smiling face decorating the top.

“Hey!” she called, and gave a nervous wave. “I’m Cath.” The girl blushed and then looked down, then turned and ran towards Stacie. Stacie ran forwards too, but she only managed two steps this time before she stumbled and fell on her knees. The other little girl helped her up with out being asked, and it seemed totally normal for the two to hug like they were best friends. Even if they didn’t know each other yet, Stacie was sure that they would have a lot of fun as soon as they talked.

“Thanks,” she giggled, when she was back on her feet again. “I’m Stacie. I got a…  a big girl name too but I can’t remember it. Please to meet you.”

“Aww, so cute! Do you wanna be my friend? We’re gonna play, and Mama Nat thaid thee’s got thomething thpethial for dinner.”

Stacie hesitated for a moment, and tried to make out what the other girl was saying. She could see right away that somebody had done some kind of magic to make it harder for the girl to talk, and she even knew what kind of magic it was even if she couldn’t remember the words for it. She thought it must be really embarrassing, but she didn’t want to say anything about it because she could already see how much the other girl was blushing. So she just tried her best to work out what the words were supposed to be.

“I hope you can understand her well enough,” the other lady, who Stacie guessed was Mama Nat, chipped in. She put a comforting hand on Cass’s shoulder while she explained. “Cass likes feeling all blushy and embarrassed, so we gave her a speech impediment. If you girls want to talk more, we could revert that for a while.”

Phil stepped in immediately to explain the big words to Stacie. He said that Cass liked playing a game where she wasn’t allowed to say ‘s’ properly, which was a lot easier to understand. Stacie didn’t know why, but she didn’t let it bother her. All that mattered was that the other girl was having fun. Then it was Phil’s turn to talk. He said a lot of things to Cass and her Mama, and Stacie didn’t understand any of it. It was full of big words she didn’t know, like “oblivious”, “vocabulary”, and “mental age”. But she knew that it didn’t matter, it wasn’t something for a girl as young as her to worry about.

“Okay!” Cass nodded. “I can do baby talk. Do you want to come thee my doll?” She grabbed Stacie’s hand and darted across the room, heading for a toy chest in the corner. Stacie did her best to keep her balance as her friend ran, but she was already sure they would have a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Babedut123 said:

Looking forward for the next parts. Can’t wait to see that diaper be used some more 

Your wish is my command 🙂

Chapter 22. Games People Play

It didn’t take a lot to amuse two little girls. Stacie and Cass were soon rooting through the things in the bottom of the toy chest. When she saw how big the thing was, Stacie was amazed that she hadn’t seen it as soon as she walked into the room. But that was nothing compared to her surprise when she found just how packed-full of toys it was. There were dolls, trains, tanks and soldiers in every colour of the rainbow, unicorns, pastel minotaurs, building blocks, and a whole town of little plastic houses, shops, hotels, caravans, and castles for the dolls to explore.

It didn’t take long for them to start playing. The two girls gathered a couple of different dolls of all sizes, and quickly put them together to make a family. Stacie did her best to make different voices for each of her dolls, but doing voices was hard. She was a little bit surprised that Cass’s dolls could talk normally, but she already knew that funny things happened, and she didn’t need to understand all of it. Soon they were making up a story between them, always adding new ideas. An adult might have said that their story didn’t make sense, and they might have forgotten the name they gave one of the dolls and given it a different one later. But none of that mattered, because they were having fun in every moment.

When Phil came and patted her on the head, Stacie found herself blushing again. She realised that she hadn’t even said hi to the nurse lady, and had just run off to play with her friend without a word.

“Who’s a good girl?” he asked. “Are you having fun? I brought you some drinks. Do you want milk or juice?” He was holding a cup in one hand, and a bottle in the other. The bottle was probably milk, because it was white. Stacie’s smile turned up a little when she realised that, and felt so proud that she could work something like that out by herself. Then she looked at the cup, and suddenly it was hard to decide. The bottle was just like a baby bottle, with a big rubbery thing to suck on the top. The cup looked more grown-up, with just a plastic spout on the top so she wouldn’t spill it. She knew that she wanted to be a good baby for Phil, but the cup had pretty patterns on too. There were unicorns all over the outside, in thick pink lines. But it looked like some of the pictures were drawn on the inside too so they looked like they were dancing with each other, and that made it even cuter.

Did she want to be a big baby or have the one with the pretty pattern? She didn’t know which was more important, but she came up with a really smart answer that she was sure Phil would be impressed by. She closed her eyes, and reached out with one hand. She thought she could pick one, and not know what it was. Then it wasn’t her choice, so it would be a happy surprise either way. Her hand waved around for a few seconds, and then she felt Phil’s hand pressing something into hers. She opened her eyes again, and discovered that she was holding a lovely pink sippy cup, decorated with unicorns and full of pale golden orange juice.

Stacie put the cup to her mouth with a giggle, and it only took her two tries to get the little bit of plastic between her lips. Cass asked something she didn’t hear, and then took the bottle of milk.

“Fankoo!” Cass said with a giggle, and then sat down on the floor again and started sucking on her bottle. Stacie wondered if she was supposed to say something too. She tried to say thanks, but she couldn’t talk with the cup in her mouth and when she tried some juice splashed out all down her front. She tried to look at it, but she couldn’t see past the bottle, so she giggled instead. Giggling and smiling seemed to be a good answer for everything here, so she already knew what to do whenever there was something she didn’t quite understand. The juice was really nice too. It was orange but it didn’t quite taste like oranges, so maybe there was something else in it. Some other fruit mixed in that made it extra sweet, and maybe a little flavour that tasted like the smell of roses. She put her nose near the cup and sniffed. It smelled a little bit like flowers too, but she didn’t need to worry about that. She was having fun and she liked the flavour, whatever went into it.

Stacie had promised herself that she wouldn’t forget about Phil again, when he was being so nice to her. But there were too many things to think about at once, while she was drinking her juice, and playing with dolls, and wondering what the juice was, and talking to Cass. In less than a few minutes, she was only thinking about the things right in front of her again.

Half an hour later, the dolls were starting a cafe, and some of the other toys were coming to visit. Their first customer was a teddy bear who was bigger than all the dolls put together, but he was cute and fluffy so the dolls weren’t scared. Cass squeaked a question in the waitress’s voice, and Stacie made her best attempt at a growly voice when she asked for a cup of juice. The bear got her cup, because he was probably big enough to hold it with a little help. It was empty now, but that was good because she didn’t want to get juice on his fur. And there was already another customer coming in, a little plastic girl from a Lego set. She was easy to serve, because they’d already found a tiny cup that was just the right size to fit in her hand.

Stacie paused for a second, thinking about a little tingling feeling in her tummy. She wondered what it might be, and it took her a couple of seconds to remember that she needed to go potty. She knew she should put the toys down and ask a grown-up to help. That was what she was supposed to do, wasn’t it? But before she could say anything she felt another feeling, a warmth spreading around her diaper area, and she knew that she was too young to even think about those big-girl things.