Sign In

Bringing back The Pee Movie List

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tl:dr? I did it already (wip) and you can see it here: https://thepml.net/ The full story? I've been around since the early days. I remember when Patches' Place was a brand new website and I reme

Hey, so I just submitted a new scene from an interactive TV show, "Wizard School Dropout". Big thanks to Paperban for uploading it! As far as these types of scenes go, it's not bad. The need to pee se

Yes I will be adding new data as time allows and working on tidying up and verifying some of the older data. Will also try and get some updated higher resolution screen caps. If anyone can help with t

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, desperation_fan said:

Will you be adding entries from the thread on here? A lot of those ended up on the omo.online list.

Yes I will be adding new data as time allows and working on tidying up and verifying some of the older data. Will also try and get some updated higher resolution screen caps. If anyone can help with that there a submissions form on the site.

thank you so much you are a lifesaver man!  I definitely prefer the more old school look, the new list was OK but it was quite confusing to navigate and search at times.

Just one thing though, how do I add a TV show to the site?  Cause I tried typing in the name of a show after clicking the "add" button but the show does not come up.

Edited by LifeIsStrange (see edit history)
8 minutes ago, LifeIsStrange said:

Just one thing though, how do I add a TV show to the site?  Cause I tried typing in the name of a show after clicking the "add" button but the show does not come up.

No TV shows quite yet. That still needs some coding for the extra information of episode/season. That will be coming very soon. In the meantime it's movies only though sorry.

9 hours ago, LifeIsStrange said:

Short films as well.

At the moment it's limited to if the media is listed in TMDb. Which does include some shorts but not as many as IMDb. I'll probably add features for custom entries at some point but that's a bit further down the list.

1 hour ago, misticsno said:

* Search by categori . (wetness and so on)

Definitely on the list

2 minutes ago, Chris0819 said:

is there a way to add a search function or is that coming?

Absolutely a search option will be coming.

I actually have a method for looking up movies and tv shows with pee-related content:

If you look up in google - "site:subslikescript.com" (taking out the quotes) and then type in key words or phrases like "pee" or "go to the bathroom" or "bladder" you can find scenes from all kinds of sources.

Figured this would be a big help. Thank you for your efforts!

40 minutes ago, randomrobot007 said:

Will you be adding animated films aswell?

So long as they're mainstream enough to have an entry in TMDb then yes I don't see why not. If anyone doesn't want to see info about that there will be filters. Beyond TMDb I'm not so sure, probably not in the short term, will have to see what the demand is like. Also adding those probably won't be the first priority for any additions I make myself. But user submissions are accepted of course.

38 minutes ago, Chris0819 said:

I actually have a method for looking up movies and tv shows with pee-related content:

If you look up in google - "site:subslikescript.com" (taking out the quotes) and then type in key words or phrases like "pee" or "go to the bathroom" or "bladder" you can find scenes from all kinds of sources.

Ah that's a great tip. I'm still working through a long list of films to check based on IMDb tags. But I'll give that a try at some point.

5 hours ago, Chris0819 said:

This site is also a great way to find pee scenes in films and TV shows: https://www.quodb.com/

On 2/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, marcusx41 said:

tl:dr? I did it already (wip) and you can see it here: https://thepml.net/

The full story? I've been around since the early days. I remember when Patches' Place was a brand new website and I remember the original Pee Movie List well. I loved to browse through it and discover interesting new films to watch. Some I would have never even considered otherwise, but that little added bonus helped me to try new things. It only deepened my love of film. I was sad when it was announced that it would no longer be updated. As a web programmer by trade, even back then I considered taking it on as a project but for various reasons I ended up not doing so. 

I later discover that the list was back as a sub-forum on omorashi.online. That was great and it was good to have all the data available again. However the forum format made just browsing the list less pleasant. If you were looking for something specific that was fine, but just casually exploring the data wasn't as fun. And so I stopped visiting as often.

I did briefly think about copying the list from omorashi.online over to a Letterboxd list to bring back the browsable nature. However it quickly became apparent that would take way too much time to do manually. (That is now available as an export from the new database. https://letterboxd.com/marcusx42/list/the-pee-movie-list/ )

Recently a thread about the list was bumped up here and it brought back the memories. I knew omoahsi.online was down at that point but I hadn't made the connection that the list was therefore gone. I found myself thinking I wish someone would bring the list back as a proper browsable database driven website. I didn't take much longer for those thoughts to evolve into "wait... why don't I do that"!

The final piece which made me realize that now was the time was https://themoviedb.org/. I knew there was and API where I could use their data to get consistent information on actors, directors, genres & titles without having to rely on user input for that. I can also grab the poster for the film which makes the browsing experience much nicer. Having the poster and the genre information tells so much about the film quickly.

So I threw together a basic website and merged the data from an archive of the original 2015 Pee Movie List with the film data from TMDb and that gives us https://thepml.net/

Functions are fairly simple at the moment. Because the problem is this is based on the data from 2015 and therefore missing any film released in last 7 years. So I wanted to get things open to user submissions as early as possible. You can browse the list by letter and you can submit new entries to the database. Submitting an entry does require an account, mainly to keep bots out of the system. Creating an account does ask for an email address, this is stored securely and will only ever be used for password resets.

Things I'm thinking about for the future? First will be the option to suggest edits to existing entries, at the moment it's new entries only. After that the options needed to include TV shows. Way more options for exploring the data, browse/filter by genre, year, director etc. Profiles? Reviews? Ratings? Watchlists? If anyone knows of another open database like TMDb but for books or comics instead it could be expanded to include those. I'm also open to maybe adding other bodily functions/fluids. There's an option already for additional poop content, which will be hidden by default. I've also added a category for diapers which the original list didn't have. I will additionally make sure that full exports of the data are available so that should I suddenly become unavailable for the project anymore then someone else can easily take over.

So that's been my last few weeks. Please have a look, let me know what you think or anything you'd like to see from the project in the future. https://thepml.net. Also if you have any data to add please do so as that spares my time to work on site features instead of data management. 

poggers

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the support so far! The site has been getting quite a lot of traffic, though I'm guessing it is mostly people having a look at a couple of pages and then adding it to their bookmarks for later. Which is fine, that's what it's for!

You've already helped to expose a couple of bugs I'd not noticed yet. For example the user submission form says is accepts jpg,png or gif images. But it turns out I'd only ever actually tested it with jpgs. Oops! Anyway that's fixed now along with some other minor things.

Next I'll be working on the extra features need to support TV shows as that seems to be the main thing people are excited for.

18 hours ago, bibibibi said:

Does anyone have a backup of the data from omo.onl?

I had meant to mention this my original post. The omo.online list was behind a login so no bots have automatically saved any copies. But maybe someone out there copied some of it to a spreadsheet? Or someone has a friend of a friend who knows one of the admins who maybe has a database backup lying around? If the omo.online dev (whoever that was) doesn't want to have to comment on why the site went offline, I'll happily receive an anonymous no questions asked database backup. 😃

But if that doesn't happen that's okay. We'll work to build back better with redundancies so that doesn't happen again. We've already had 9 new entries since the site went live. Some from me watching new films and some from other users. We'll get the data back eventually and it'll be better for it.