Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Sims 4 mod

2 hours ago, 2008knight said:

That's pretty awesome! Changing the dirtiness stages could probably cause some issues with the sims wetting their diaper at work/school though. That bit is handled by the python scripts.

For fresh diapers you could attach a new temporary buff to the loot "Dango_Bedwetting_AddDiaperTraitLoot" as:

<V t="buff">
      <U n="buff">
        <U n="buff">
          <T n="buff_type"><!--New Buff ID--></T>
        </U>
        <E n="subject">Actor</E>
      </U>
    </V>

Inside the loot actions.

I'm glad you liked my mod!

Yeah, I did notice that function stopped working. No errors thrown up, it just stopped occurring. I'd go in and see if I could fix what I broke in the python part, but I have no idea how to use python, to be honest. I tried to install it 3 times, took 8 hours the day of the last attempt to try and get it correctly set up on my computer, couldn't even get it to run Hello World, and gave up in exasperated despair. So if things are going to mess up the python scripts, I'd have absolutely no idea -- all I can do is play around with .xml files.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can figure that new buff out, switch the dirtiness values around a little more and see what happens.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A long time ago I found a bed wetting mod. I wasn't perfectly happy with the way the mod worked, so I decided to change some features to make it work more the way I wanted. I've continued to make grad

I finally have the update! I'm sorry it took this long, this should have been done like 2 days ago. I was busy with a couple of stuff and creating dream sequences sucked my creativeness dry. Spea

I've been working on a companion mod to Dango's mod with a LOT of help from Dango, who it turns out is one of the most helpful people I've ever encountered anywhere. I've also been doing some English

Posted Images

On 7/23/2022 at 9:24 PM, macidee said:

Hi. I love this mod. I've switched over completely from IWN Bedwetting + the LL Happily Diapered addons to this entirely. I did edit the US English text string a little for grammar and spelling, because I was a beta/proof reader for some time, and there were a couple of little things that were bothering me. I also instituted a diaper state tracker, taking advantage of the existing HiddenDirtyDiaper buffs that affect hygiene decay, which I made visible, and assigned text and individual icons to. I tweaked the number of wettings it would take for a diaper to start leaking, making it a little higher, since incontinent Sims are more likely to have smaller bladders. And assigned fine +1 to the buffs for Sims who weren't used to diapers, with happy +1 moodlets for Sims who were (for DirtyDiaperCommodity 1-3). At DirtyDiaperCommodity 4, the moodlet for both changed to +1 uncomfortable, and at DirtyDiaperCommodity 5 that was then upped to +2 uncomfortable. I guess this just makes it a lot easier for me to tell when I need to send my Sim to change themselves, and when I can wait.

I did consider adding specific stronger ones for Omo Sims, but didn't bother. Also couldn't figure out how to institute a Fresh Diaper buff, so again, didn't bother. I'm not really much of a modder, although I can build on existing frameworks.

example1.jpg

example2.jpg

example3.jpg

I love this mod. however I wish this mod handled messings like IWN does, depends if the creator wants to do it or if someone wants to creates a submod.

On 7/25/2022 at 3:52 PM, macidee said:

Yeah, I did notice that function stopped working. No errors thrown up, it just stopped occurring. I'd go in and see if I could fix what I broke in the python part, but I have no idea how to use python, to be honest. I tried to install it 3 times, took 8 hours the day of the last attempt to try and get it correctly set up on my computer, couldn't even get it to run Hello World, and gave up in exasperated despair. So if things are going to mess up the python scripts, I'd have absolutely no idea -- all I can do is play around with .xml files.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can figure that new buff out, switch the dirtiness values around a little more and see what happens.

Sounds like me trying to figure out why the feature I wanted to implement wasn't working for like 80% of the mod's features. Do you want me to give you a hand? Feel free to DM me if so.

2 hours ago, gw87 said:

I believe if you use the diaper 3 or 5 times, all it does is give you a debuff and stink trail on the butt, but if you have the the trait "loves messing diapers" it gives you buff to happiness

Hmm... I guess making that buff visible is a popular request. But I do not really want to add stink trail, sorry about that part.

2 hours ago, 2008knight said:

Sounds like me trying to figure out why the feature I wanted to implement wasn't working for like 80% of the mod's features. Do you want me to give you a hand? Feel free to DM me if so.

I got it either mostly or 100% working, though thanks for the offer! Not because I got python up and running, that's something of a lost cause I expect, I'm just not technologically competent enough. I switched the hygiene multipliers back to what they were originally, pared the maximum dirtydiapercommodity value from 5 back to 3 again, and implemented the clean diaper buff at dirtiness value 0. Wettings have gone back to occurring normally for sims at work/school with the buffs correctly at dirtiness values 1 and 2 (not 100% sure if they still occur at value 3, which is now the comfortable/leaking buff, though, I haven't sent a sim out in such a dire state yet, they tend to autonomously go get in the shower if they're too gross.) I keep meaning to tweak an icon to make something for the clean buff, but haven't got around to yet.

14 hours ago, 2008knight said:

How does IWN handle them?

IWN handles them exactly the same way the game originally handles diapers, being built with tuning files from the game that already handle diapers and diaper-usage built in when toddlers were introduced. The buffs and debuffs gw87 mentioned are introduced by using one of the numerous IWN-reliant add-ons available on Lover's Lab, the most prominent being Happily Diapered by Baby Lola, although there was also Unhappily Diapered, Happily Messy Extended, and ABDL Extended by other creators, which were all essentially clones of the original Happily Diapered with different mood types and text for the buffs, and new instances and tuningIds generated so they were compatible with each other (though the Extended versions were incompatible with the originals and had to be used with a specific IWN Extended version.)

The stink trail was automatically applied by the game itself because instead of using a new and distinct dirty diaper commodity, IWN bedwetting uses the commoditydiaperload statistic, and past a certain value this automatically applies certain buffs and broadcasters to a sim.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:30 PM, macidee said:

IWN handles them exactly the same way the game originally handles diapers, being built with tuning files from the game that already handle diapers and diaper-usage built in when toddlers were introduced. The buffs and debuffs gw87 mentioned are introduced by using one of the numerous IWN-reliant add-ons available on Lover's Lab, the most prominent being Happily Diapered by Baby Lola, although there was also Unhappily Diapered, Happily Messy Extended, and ABDL Extended by other creators, which were all essentially clones of the original Happily Diapered with different mood types and text for the buffs, and new instances and tuningIds generated so they were compatible with each other (though the Extended versions were incompatible with the originals and had to be used with a specific IWN Extended version.)

The stink trail was automatically applied by the game itself because instead of using a new and distinct dirty diaper commodity, IWN bedwetting uses the commoditydiaperload statistic, and past a certain value this automatically applies certain buffs and broadcasters to a sim.

I see. I did dig into IWN's code back when I was still learning how to implement a few features so what you're saying does sound familiar to me. Their comment made me think there was more to it I was missing out on.

2 hours ago, LittlePup said:

after downloading the mod during cooking, my sim immediately enters the next skill level of cooking, for example. The same with the other skills. and after removing the mod, my sim develops skills again in normal time.

please fix ^^

This has never happened to me... I have no idea what could be causing it.

Are you using one of my new traits with highly increased skill gain?

16 hours ago, 2008knight said:

This has never happened to me... I have no idea what could be causing it.

Are you using one of my new traits with highly increased skill gain?

Okay! I know what is making this problem.
I use XML injector v4
Do i need to use it for this mod to work?
Because this is causing all the mess

Okay i also i have some ideas:

Make sims squirm more ( like in universal squirming mod)

add fear wetting
tickle wetting

and please you can add new interaction:
If the two sims have omorashi trait and they are couple you can make interaction.
"Don't let them pee" or smth like that and this will be in Flirt category.

It will work like that:
When 2 sims in couple (marriage or normal couple) both have omorashi trait first sim can use flirt interaction "Don't let them pee" and that interaction will make another sim unable to use the toilet for 6-8 hours EVEN when you will try to make them use it.
U KNOW WHAT I MEAN I'M BAD AT ENGLISH-
plz.
It's like dom and sub play tbh-

2 hours ago, LittlePup said:

I use XML injector v4

Okay the bug started happeing again even when i have only bedwetting mod installed.
Maybe it's mod fault OR sims fault.
I will check if this is happeing without mod.

(Instantly level uping skills like cooking etc)

16 hours ago, LittlePup said:

I use XML injector v4

This mod does not rely on XML injector. But it's weird that XML injector causes that behaviour...

16 hours ago, LittlePup said:

Okay i also i have some ideas:

Make sims squirm more ( like in universal squirming mod)

add fear wetting
tickle wetting

and please you can add new interaction:
If the two sims have omorashi trait and they are couple you can make interaction.
"Don't let them pee" or smth like that and this will be in Flirt category.

It will work like that:
When 2 sims in couple (marriage or normal couple) both have omorashi trait first sim can use flirt interaction "Don't let them pee" and that interaction will make another sim unable to use the toilet for 6-8 hours EVEN when you will try to make them use it.
U KNOW WHAT I MEAN I'M BAD AT ENGLISH-
plz.
It's like dom and sub play tbh-

Making sims squirm more is certainly possible.

I already added a sort of fear wetting (Bed wetting during a thunderstorm gives the sim a massively boosted chance to wet the bed).

For tickle wetting (and for a new fear wetting) I would have to implement custom animations, which is something I don't think I can do.

About the "Don't let them pee"... I can think of a way to make that work actually...

That being said, I still haven't come back to modding, so if I were to implement these features it would be a while from now most likely.

23 hours ago, LittlePup said:

I will try reinstalling whole sims because i love this mod and i really hope this is just my problem with sims not with mod.
(I bought game on origin)

Can you describe the bug further? Sims always get the first level instantly and further levels take longer. Also Dango Master has the highest skill gain rate of my custom traits, so they level up really fast. Also, the custom traits are not needed to make the mod work, they were added just for convenience (Bladder decays faster, social decays slower and skills level up much faster).

3 hours ago, 2008knight said:

Can you describe the bug further? Sims always get the first level instantly and further levels take longer. Also Dango Master has the highest skill gain rate of my custom traits, so they level up really fast. Also, the custom traits are not needed to make the mod work, they were added just for convenience (Bladder decays faster, social decays slower and skills level up much faster).

I get level 2 instant and then the "exp" Or what is ir called will go up to 100%+ (101-120%) then come back ro 60% and then boom instant lvl 7.

14 hours ago, 2008knight said:

This mod does not rely on XML injector. But it's weird that XML injector causes that behaviour...

Making sims squirm more is certainly possible.

I already added a sort of fear wetting (Bed wetting during a thunderstorm gives the sim a massively boosted chance to wet the bed).

For tickle wetting (and for a new fear wetting) I would have to implement custom animations, which is something I don't think I can do.

About the "Don't let them pee"... I can think of a way to make that work actually...

That being said, I still haven't come back to modding, so if I were to implement these features it would be a while from now most likely.

Why do you say that fear wetting would require a new animation? From what I thought I understood, there’s already a sort of ‘fear wetting’ in vanilla sims, where according to what I looked up howling werewolves can give sims a bladder debuff (I could be getting that wrong or confused with this mod though since I looked that up briefly this morning). I also thought there had been stuff like that in the sims before with ghosts or whatever. Even if there wasn’t, I would have assumed you’d be able to make some kind of cause - effect with fear events and bladder debuffs. I tentatively plan on looking into this stuff myself but as a complete novice I might just immediately realize it’s too much work/out of my depth. 

I did just try the mod today and it was awesome, great work 🙂 

8 hours ago, bestrapperalive said:

Why do you say that fear wetting would require a new animation? From what I thought I understood, there’s already a sort of ‘fear wetting’ in vanilla sims, where according to what I looked up howling werewolves can give sims a bladder debuff (I could be getting that wrong or confused with this mod though since I looked that up briefly this morning). I also thought there had been stuff like that in the sims before with ghosts or whatever. Even if there wasn’t, I would have assumed you’d be able to make some kind of cause - effect with fear events and bladder debuffs. I tentatively plan on looking into this stuff myself but as a complete novice I might just immediately realize it’s too much work/out of my depth. 

I did just try the mod today and it was awesome, great work 🙂 

The animation for the wetting itself exists and I wouldn't touch that part, but the issue is the person scaring the wetting person. There might already be a "scaring" animation, but I don't know what would trigger it so I don't know where to go to scrap pieces of it to use on a "scare into wetting" animation.

I have used pieces of existing animations in the past, like when sims prank other sims into wetting the bed. It uses small snippets of the "tell a secret" animation, but that's because I knew what I was looking for and where to find it.

About getting into modding, if you know a little bit about coding, I'd like to believe the script part of my mod is really easy to follow. The XML part could be a bit more convoluted, but it wouldn't take too long to learn either. I labeled everything as explicitly as I could so that someone who wanted to learn to mod the game had a good place to start, and of course, I'm always willing to help with what I can 😃

Edited by 2008knight (see edit history)
6 hours ago, 2008knight said:

The animation for the wetting itself exists and I wouldn't touch that part, but the issue is the person scaring the wetting person. There might already be a "scaring" animation, but I don't know what would trigger it so I don't know where to go to scrap pieces of it to use on a "scare into wetting" animation.

I have used pieces of existing animations in the past, like when sims prank other sims into wetting the bed. It uses small snippets of the "tell a secret" animation, but that's because I knew what I was looking for and where to find it.

About getting into modding, if you know a little bit about coding, I'd like to believe the script part of my mod is really easy to follow. The XML part could be a bit more convoluted, but it wouldn't take too long to learn either. I labeled everything as explicitly as I could so that someone who wanted to learn to mod the game had a good place to start, and of course, I'm always willing to help with what I can 😃

So I probably just don’t understand how the sims works, but my confusion is that I assumed the whole thing could work on a more base level without getting into a custom ‘scare into wetting’ animation (although if one did, I’d assume you could work off the ‘mischief > scare sim’ action). Rather than having fear wetting be something you triggered like the prank wetting, all sims (or maybe just paranoid sims, or some hidden trait) would react to being scared with a bladder debuff/decay rate increase. I’m guessing bad moods already trigger debuffs to the fun meter (again flying a little blind since I’m not an avid sims player) so I don’t see why scared moods couldn’t do the same to the bladder, with the result being that although you don’t have a direct ‘scare into wetting,’ you do have a correlation between being scared and having an accident. 

i have a very limited coding background - so it will all depend on how simple and easy to follow stuff ends up being. If I go through with exploring this I won’t hesitate to reach out for guidance if needed - thank you 🙂 

EDIT: Looking into this more, yea, the base game definitely applies bladder decay increase for being scared. So i would assume you could either create a trait for cowardice or for incontinent sims that has a chance to dramatically increase this decay.

Edited by bestrapperalive
more info (see edit history)
6 hours ago, bestrapperalive said:

So I probably just don’t understand how the sims works, but my confusion is that I assumed the whole thing could work on a more base level without getting into a custom ‘scare into wetting’ animation (although if one did, I’d assume you could work off the ‘mischief > scare sim’ action). Rather than having fear wetting be something you triggered like the prank wetting, all sims (or maybe just paranoid sims, or some hidden trait) would react to being scared with a bladder debuff/decay rate increase. I’m guessing bad moods already trigger debuffs to the fun meter (again flying a little blind since I’m not an avid sims player) so I don’t see why scared moods couldn’t do the same to the bladder, with the result being that although you don’t have a direct ‘scare into wetting,’ you do have a correlation between being scared and having an accident. 

i have a very limited coding background - so it will all depend on how simple and easy to follow stuff ends up being. If I go through with exploring this I won’t hesitate to reach out for guidance if needed - thank you 🙂 

EDIT: Looking into this more, yea, the base game definitely applies bladder decay increase for being scared. So i would assume you could either create a trait for cowardice or for incontinent sims that has a chance to dramatically increase this decay.

No, you are 100% correct. To be perfectly honest, as I was typing my previous reply I was already aware I was thinking about it all wrong, but didn't want to admit it.

And what you suggested is exactly the way I was thinking it could be implenented.

I'm thinking increasing the bladder decay for scared moodlets and creating replacement moodlets for when a sim wets itself while they have a scared moodlet active.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, 2008knight said:

The issue with animating the stains is that they are not actual stains. They are face tattoos or makeup that overlap with the clothing on their legs (which is the way blood stains were implemented in the gore mod). I don't know what the next step on animating them would be because I don't have either the tools or the knowledge to really figure out how to proceed in the first place.

To make the stains, I grabbed a whole body texture, painted over the areas I wanted to be wet and recoloured them until I the result didn't make me angry.

I'll annex the wet stain (female version) and the base I used to create it.

f_wet.png

human_body.png

Just a follow up to this - it’s still theoretical, but I’m wondering if it might be possible to make a stain that fades in by using dynamic lighting on part of the clothing, which seems to be something you can do (search sims 4 dynamic light clothing). This would have to be done per piece of clothing, but I think it would be cool enough to potentially be worth it for me (or maybe you could do it as an accessory that would work on anything). The question is just, can we go from a flashing object like the one in the tutorials to a stain that slowly fades from light to dark (rather than dark to light), and then stops flashing. For the ‘light (matched/invisible) to dark’ I don’t know, probably, would need to actually get a feel for this. For the fade and then stop, I’m thinking there’d have to be some sort of trigger that when a sim goes to wet itself, it first puts on the stain accessory or different pair of pants with the dynamic stain, and then when the bladder fail animation stops, it switches to an accessory/pants with a permanent stain (the clothing switch animation would be disabled for all this). The fade in of the dynamic stain would have to be timed to the animation length (not 100% sure this works either).  

I haven’t had much time to actually try these things so I just find myself coming up with ideas and then wondering if they work :0

443319569_jeansuniversal.thumb.png.d73233e757a4593830552e336fdd2463.png

EDIT: well, I couldn’t get this to work. I got a lovely stain and I had no problem getting a flashing effect but I ultimately can only make it flash brighter, not darker, unless I could potentially do something clever with the light cancelling a texture that starts darker, but then it would start in the wrong direction, and also I sort of tried that and it’s hard to get right 

EDIT #2: For posterity, I've included just the stain that i was working with, which i think looks a lot better (on pants) for females, in case anyone wants to try it

Edited by bestrapperalive
more content (see edit history)