Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Sims 4 mod

On 7/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, 2008knight said:

You are correct on how to add the scenarios. What are you having issues with exactly? Adding the text? Reading/compiling the script file? Where to add the references on the script?

Really just the Sims 4 Studio part - I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to add the text into the Studio, or even just which type to use for the dreams. I tried to find the ones you added to reverse-engineer them, but the way I remember it, I didn't really get far. 

Your script file is exceptionally clear and easy to understand, by the way. My coding knowledge is extremely basic, but understanding THAT part wasn't an issue at all. 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A long time ago I found a bed wetting mod. I wasn't perfectly happy with the way the mod worked, so I decided to change some features to make it work more the way I wanted. I've continued to make grad

I finally have the update! I'm sorry it took this long, this should have been done like 2 days ago. I was busy with a couple of stuff and creating dream sequences sucked my creativeness dry. Spea

I've been working on a companion mod to Dango's mod with a LOT of help from Dango, who it turns out is one of the most helpful people I've ever encountered anywhere. I've also been doing some English

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Qwert777 said:

Really just the Sims 4 Studio part - I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to add the text into the Studio, or even just which type to use for the dreams. I tried to find the ones you added to reverse-engineer them, but the way I remember it, I didn't really get far. 

Your script file is exceptionally clear and easy to understand, by the way. My coding knowledge is extremely basic, but understanding THAT part wasn't an issue at all. 

Using Sims 4 studio you can navigate to the String Table with the flag corresponding to the language you want to edit. There you can check all the text entries clicking on "Text" on top of the right quadrant. The last text entries correspond to an Omorashi Sim dream if I recall correctly (I just realized there is a typo in it).

To add or edit a piece of text you have to go back to the "Data" tab and click on "edit elements". A window will open with a rectangle to the left with a bunch of codes followed by the text they are associated with and on the right you can edit the texts you've clicked on. If you wish to add an entry, you have to click the blue "Add" button, then on the right side write a hex code which will work as a hash key and in value you write enter the text (hash keys are sequences of characters long/complex enough that the chances that they are repeated are low enough that it's unlikely it will happen on accident). It is recommended to use the hashing tool in Sim 4 Studio to create a special hash for every entry of text you want to add.

Let me know if you have questions about anything else!

Also, I'm glad all the time I dedicated to documenting my script actually helped someone 😃

Wow, amazing work! I'm always incredibly impressed with modders, and their dedication to use their valuable free time to create and publish their work!

I just redownloaded TS4 and am looking forward to trying this out. A couple questions: is this mod based off of the IWNBedwetting? Did you include diapers as clothing items? Is this compatible with Wicked Whims?

Thanks again, and can't wait to try this mod out!

2 hours ago, zbrannigan said:

Wow, amazing work! I'm always incredibly impressed with modders, and their dedication to use their valuable free time to create and publish their work!

I just redownloaded TS4 and am looking forward to trying this out. A couple questions: is this mod based off of the IWNBedwetting? Did you include diapers as clothing items? Is this compatible with Wicked Whims?

Thanks again, and can't wait to try this mod out!

It is based on the same mod IWNBedwtting was based on (https://modthesims.info/d/560165/all-sims-wet-their-bed.html) which was extremely basic, and because of the modifications I made it is not compatible with either of them.

Wicked Whims... I've heard from other people testing it that it should work together with my mod, but I suspect there's likely to be minor conflicts. In particular, there could be situations where sims have two different options to wet their pants, one of which gives them a flirty buff (Wicked Whims) and the other generating either an embarrassed buff or a happy buff (My mod).

Diapers and clothing items have not been included because I am not good at making clothing items. This mod's diapers do not show visually.

Is it possible for a sim wearing a dirty diaper to get changed by another sim? 

If not does this mod https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/15233-abdl-diaper-changes-for-iwnbedwetting/ work with Dangbedwetting?

Edit: This may be the wrong place to ask but does anyone know of/can someone make a mod that lets one sim spank another one causing their relationship to get worse and maybe some moodlet for the sim getting spanked?

Edited by Boff (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Boff said:

Is it possible for a sim wearing a dirty diaper to get changed by another sim? 

If not does this mod https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/15233-abdl-diaper-changes-for-iwnbedwetting/ work with Dangbedwetting?

Edit: This may be the wrong place to ask but does anyone know of/can someone make a mod that lets one sim spank another one causing their relationship to get worse and maybe some moodlet for the sim getting spanked?

I am not good at making animations and this mod does not build upon IwnBedWetting, which means I did not implement diaper changing by another sim and the mod you linked is not compatible with mine.

A lot of people have mentioned Loverslab's mod, but what are the differences between our mods? Do they do the same things? What features does mine have that theirs does not? I'm pretty curious about it.

Spanking sounds like something that'd be in Wicked Whims, do they not have spanking?

1 hour ago, 2008knight said:

I am not good at making animations and this mod does not build upon IwnBedWetting, which means I did not implement diaper changing by another sim and the mod you linked is not compatible with mine.

A lot of people have mentioned Loverslab's mod, but what are the differences between our mods? Do they do the same things? What features does mine have that theirs does not? I'm pretty curious about it.

Spanking sounds like something that'd be in Wicked Whims, do they not have spanking?

If you refer to IwnBedWetting as the loverslab mod it's somewhat the same except the wettings doesn't build upon eachother. It is also built on traits. If you want your sim to wet the bed or be diapered during the day it's a trait you have to get. You can make your sim wear a diaper once.

I haven't found anything good on loverslab. I don't really want i to be whickedwhims connected. Instead it should be under the "mean" category and it should make the sim getting spanked embarrased and maybe hurt their relationship. 

7 minutes ago, Boff said:

If you refer to IwnBedWetting as the loverslab mod it's somewhat the same except the wettings doesn't build upon eachother. It is also built on traits. If you want your sim to wet the bed or be diapered during the day it's a trait you have to get. You can make your sim wear a diaper once.

I haven't found anything good on loverslab. I don't really want i to be whickedwhims connected. Instead it should be under the "mean" category and it should make the sim getting spanked embarrased and maybe hurt their relationship. 

Most of the features in my mod are also built on traits. I just hide them to make the gameplay more seamless. But I do understand your point.

I don't think I can make an spanking interaction... Sorry.

On 7/12/2022 at 6:02 AM, 2008knight said:

Using Sims 4 studio you can navigate to the String Table with the flag corresponding to the language you want to edit. There you can check all the text entries clicking on "Text" on top of the right quadrant. The last text entries correspond to an Omorashi Sim dream if I recall correctly (I just realized there is a typo in it).

To add or edit a piece of text you have to go back to the "Data" tab and click on "edit elements". A window will open with a rectangle to the left with a bunch of codes followed by the text they are associated with and on the right you can edit the texts you've clicked on. If you wish to add an entry, you have to click the blue "Add" button, then on the right side write a hex code which will work as a hash key and in value you write enter the text (hash keys are sequences of characters long/complex enough that the chances that they are repeated are low enough that it's unlikely it will happen on accident). It is recommended to use the hashing tool in Sim 4 Studio to create a special hash for every entry of text you want to add.

Let me know if you have questions about anything else!

Also, I'm glad all the time I dedicated to documenting my script actually helped someone 😃

Heck yeah, that did the trick! Thanks a bunch for the explanation!

(I also, while I was at it, added a low chance for non-diapered non-omo sims to wet themselves out of the lot and added notif texts for that, too, because I figured it might be fun and it was such a quick and easy change. Seriously, your script documentation is brilliant, I'm such a sucker for nicely structured and well-documented code)

I'm gonna experiment with that diaper-interactions-don't-work-in-"special"-residential-lots bug in a moment, maybe I can get that fixed for you while I'm at it. I assume that it's the "location" check in the interactions acting up; I'm currently trying to see if I can just add the tuning variables for the other two types to the list or alternatively kick the check entirely. I'll report back with results in a bit. 
(EDIT: Adding the other lot types did not work (but that might just be an implementation issue because I couldn't find a location check that allowed multiple lot types to copy off of), but simply removing the location check entirely DID work; the affected actions are WearDiaper, RemoveDiaper and ChangeDiaper; just kicking the entire "<V t="location">" section did the trick)

Also, should I get around to writing more dream scenarios, are you okay with me tossing those in here for the benefit of anyone wanting to add them to their own game?

Edited by Qwert777 (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Qwert777 said:

(I also, while I was at it, added a low chance for non-diapered non-omo sims to wet themselves out of the lot and added notif texts for that, too, because I figured it might be fun and it was such a quick and easy change. Seriously, your script documentation is brilliant, I'm such a sucker for nicely structured and well-documented code)

I'm gonna experiment with that diaper-interactions-don't-work-in-"special"-residential-lots bug in a moment, maybe I can get that fixed for you while I'm at it. I assume that it's the "location" check in the interactions acting up; I'm currently trying to see if I can just add the tuning variables for the other two types to the list or alternatively kick the check entirely. I'll report back with results in a bit. 
(EDIT: Adding the other lot types did not work (but that might just be an implementation issue because I couldn't find a location check that allowed multiple lot types to copy off of), but simply removing the location check entirely DID work; the affected actions are WearDiaper, RemoveDiaper and ChangeDiaper; just kicking the entire "<V t="location">" section did the trick)

Also, should I get around to writing more dream scenarios, are you okay with me tossing those in here for the benefit of anyone wanting to add them to their own game?

I'm perfectly fine with it. Go ahead!

Thank you for picking up the slack! I've been feeling terrible for leaving it unattended for so long... Let me know if you need anything! 😃

Edited by 2008knight
Misread something (see edit history)
Guest accidentlywet

This mod is wonderful! It feels like it blends so seemlessly with the game. I've been searching for a good omo and/or diaper mod for a while so I'm really glad to have found this. Thanks for making it!

On 7/15/2022 at 8:54 AM, Qwert777 said:

Sorry if you said this already, I have the memory of a fly, but when you're done are you going to upload your edition of the mod (if the author is okay with it ofc) and like add a list of the changes/additions you made so we know what's new?  

5 hours ago, uhyeah said:

Sorry if you said this already, I have the memory of a fly, but when you're done are you going to upload your edition of the mod (if the author is okay with it ofc) and like add a list of the changes/additions you made so we know what's new?  

Totally fine by me. Though I don't think they plan on uploading any big changes, if any.

Edited by 2008knight
sleepy typos (see edit history)

Cool mod! I haven’t tried it out yet but I’ve been following the thread. What I’m curious about, @2008knight, is the process of drawing the clothing stains. It seems you largely gave up on that (or kept a limited implementation) because you were concerned about keeping things working universally across clothing styles and because it just wasn’t your primary goal with the mod. However I’d be curious what someone with more dedication to that specific aspect could do to flesh it out, even perhaps accepting some inconsistencies in clothing suitability to get a more complete effect in specific cases. How does drawing the stains work, and what would be the first steps towards jumping past where you left off and animating the stains? I don’t know anything about modding the sims but there are lots of resources for different parts of it, and I’ve been successful in limited game specific mods for other games, and separately, edited animations for personal use, so I think there’s a decent chance I could learn. 

7 minutes ago, bestrapperalive said:

Cool mod! I haven’t tried it out yet but I’ve been following the thread. What I’m curious about, @2008knight, is the process of drawing the clothing stains. It seems you largely gave up on that (or kept a limited implementation) because you were concerned about keeping things working universally across clothing styles and because it just wasn’t your primary goal with the mod. However I’d be curious what someone with more dedication to that specific aspect could do to flesh it out, even perhaps accepting some inconsistencies in clothing suitability to get a more complete effect in specific cases. How does drawing the stains work, and what would be the first steps towards jumping past where you left off and animating the stains? I don’t know anything about modding the sims but there are lots of resources for different parts of it, and I’ve been successful in limited game specific mods for other games, and separately, edited animations for personal use, so I think there’s a decent chance I could learn. 

The issue with animating the stains is that they are not actual stains. They are face tattoos or makeup that overlap with the clothing on their legs (which is the way blood stains were implemented in the gore mod). I don't know what the next step on animating them would be because I don't have either the tools or the knowledge to really figure out how to proceed in the first place.

To make the stains, I grabbed a whole body texture, painted over the areas I wanted to be wet and recoloured them until I the result didn't make me angry.

I'll annex the wet stain (female version) and the base I used to create it.

f_wet.png

human_body.png

Interesting albeit discouraging. Thanks for the quick response. It seems like one of those things that should prooooobably be possible (after all, there is already an animated texture associated with wetting accidents in the form of the puddle, although I don’t know if there are examples of animations that show up as overlays following the ‘bones’ of the sim model the way a pee stain would need to) but where the person who could make it happen is out there somewhere unknown. I can see why with your implementation animating the stain seems unfeasible, as it’s just a binary ‘tattoos or no tattoos.’ 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:12 AM, uhyeah said:

On 7/20/2022 at 4:15 AM, 2008knight said:

Totally fine by me. Though I don't think they plan on uploading any big changes, if any.

Yeah, I can definitely toss my version in here once I ironed out some bugs (because you bet I accidentally copied over the wrong keys in a few places, lol). 

Fair warning though, this might take me until early August because I'm technically in the middle of university exam prep. 

Also, no, there probably won't be any major changes beyond some easy bug fixes and a bunch of new text - I'd love to, but I barely know what I'm doing. If I figure anything out, I'll try to toss it in, though.

Hi. I love this mod. I've switched over completely from IWN Bedwetting + the LL Happily Diapered addons to this entirely. I did edit the US English text string a little for grammar and spelling, because I was a beta/proof reader for some time, and there were a couple of little things that were bothering me. I also instituted a diaper state tracker, taking advantage of the existing HiddenDirtyDiaper buffs that affect hygiene decay, which I made visible, and assigned text and individual icons to. I tweaked the number of wettings it would take for a diaper to start leaking, making it a little higher, since incontinent Sims are more likely to have smaller bladders. And assigned fine +1 to the buffs for Sims who weren't used to diapers, with happy +1 moodlets for Sims who were (for DirtyDiaperCommodity 1-3). At DirtyDiaperCommodity 4, the moodlet for both changed to +1 uncomfortable, and at DirtyDiaperCommodity 5 that was then upped to +2 uncomfortable. I guess this just makes it a lot easier for me to tell when I need to send my Sim to change themselves, and when I can wait.

I did consider adding specific stronger ones for Omo Sims, but didn't bother. Also couldn't figure out how to institute a Fresh Diaper buff, so again, didn't bother. I'm not really much of a modder, although I can build on existing frameworks.

example1.jpg

example2.jpg

example3.jpg

3 hours ago, zbrannigan said:

Is there a control panel to change my sims behavior with this mod? Ie: I have some sims in the household that I don't want to be affected by bedwetting, and others I would like to tune their sensitivity to it down a notch.

There is no control panel, but it sounds like an interesting idea to implement. I might look into this later, but considering my track record of not implementing things I wouldn't hold my breath.

15 minutes ago, Big Girl Stacy said:

How did you create this mod? Was it using Python? I'm not very familiar with sims 4 script mods, but I was thinking about making something like this myself. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to see the source code, if possible. If not, I totally understand!

Most of the logic and complex calculations are done within python, but a lot of mechanism and features were built using the more traditional Sims 4 modding tools.

The source code was attached to every upload of my mod, inside the .ts4script file (It's functionally just a .zip file). You'll find a bunch of pyc and py files, with the py files being the uncompiled files. I believe I mentioned this in my first post.

Feel free to do any modifications you want. If there's something about my mod you don't understand please let me know so I can help you with it 😃

Edited by 2008knight
Very weird type. Not sure where it came from. (see edit history)
2 minutes ago, 2008knight said:

There is no control panel, but it sounds like an interesting idea to implement. I might look into this later, but considering my track record of not implementing things I wouldn't hod, my breath.

Most of the logic and complex calculations are done within python, but a lot of mechanism and features were built using the more traditional Sims 4 modding tools.

The source code was attached to every upload of my mod, inside the .ts4script file (It's functionally just a .zip file). You'll find a bunch of pyc and py files, with the py files being the uncompiled files. I believe I mentioned this in my first post.

Feel free to do any modifications you want. If there's something about my mod you don't understand please let me know so I can help you with it 😃

Thanks for the information! I should have checked the first post lol.

On 7/23/2022 at 9:24 PM, macidee said:

Hi. I love this mod. I've switched over completely from IWN Bedwetting + the LL Happily Diapered addons to this entirely. I did edit the US English text string a little for grammar and spelling, because I was a beta/proof reader for some time, and there were a couple of little things that were bothering me. I also instituted a diaper state tracker, taking advantage of the existing HiddenDirtyDiaper buffs that affect hygiene decay, which I made visible, and assigned text and individual icons to. I tweaked the number of wettings it would take for a diaper to start leaking, making it a little higher, since incontinent Sims are more likely to have smaller bladders. And assigned fine +1 to the buffs for Sims who weren't used to diapers, with happy +1 moodlets for Sims who were (for DirtyDiaperCommodity 1-3). At DirtyDiaperCommodity 4, the moodlet for both changed to +1 uncomfortable, and at DirtyDiaperCommodity 5 that was then upped to +2 uncomfortable. I guess this just makes it a lot easier for me to tell when I need to send my Sim to change themselves, and when I can wait.

I did consider adding specific stronger ones for Omo Sims, but didn't bother. Also couldn't figure out how to institute a Fresh Diaper buff, so again, didn't bother. I'm not really much of a modder, although I can build on existing frameworks.

example1.jpg

example2.jpg

example3.jpg

That's pretty awesome! Changing the dirtiness stages could probably cause some issues with the sims wetting their diaper at work/school though. That bit is handled by the python scripts.

For fresh diapers you could attach a new temporary buff to the loot "Dango_Bedwetting_AddDiaperTraitLoot" as:

<V t="buff">
      <U n="buff">
        <U n="buff">
          <T n="buff_type"><!--New Buff ID--></T>
        </U>
        <E n="subject">Actor</E>
      </U>
    </V>

Inside the loot actions.

I'm glad you liked my mod!