Sign In

Wetting for convinience is a myth.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that it´s distracting and just makes it harder to get the work done. It´s a nice distraction though, but then after a while you need to move to the shower anyway because the puddle on the floo

I've definitely done it before, but it's pretty situational! I'll give a few examples of times I've done it: 1. While mowing. My yard growing up was pretty big and it takes a couple hours to mow.

I've been on a little vacation/study break and it's given me some time to wet again.    It also has made me realise how much "wetting for convinience" is just kinda bs, atleast in my experience

That's really not true for women in skirts outside. It's possible for them to have an accident and get away with it.

I didn't see this myself, but an Indian friend told me of being out on a walk with his Asian girlfriend in her pleated school skirt, and she got so desperate she couldn't wait anymore and piddled in her knickers. Aside from him, no one else saw it or noticed.

Dark leggings would work too probably.

I have only found it to actually be more convenient if I'm already planning to take a shower soon and there won't be any need for cleanup. I might be outside working in my back yard, knowing I'm going to shower when I'm done, and wet myself then rather than go inside to use the toilet. But I could also just pee in the yard without wetting my pants...

I do wear diapers on road trips on during gaming sessions for convenience though. 

Actually, I don't think this is a myth, since it depends on your priorities and what you're doing at a given time what "convenience" means.

EDIT: figure I'll add some examples.  Perhaps the classic example is the stereotypical gamer either on a marathon session, a livestream, or playing online, so they'll either have a bottle on standby or they just use their pants instead (note that I have never done this myself as the online games I play tend to last under an hour per round).  Another example you hear about sometimes are police officers on stakeouts, particularly if they don't know when their suspect is going to appear, so they can't leave their post to do simple things like getting food or using the toilet (this is where it comes in handy to work as a group, but when the suspect does appear you want all hands on deck anyway so this sorta breaks down).

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)
1 hour ago, secretomoact said:

I've read a few Omo stories that use that, and it's always so hard for me to suspend my disbelief that the character would actually find peeing themselves less inconvenient than getting up to use an easily available toilet. I only see it working in a beach/pool type of setting where they're in the water. 

You said the key words I was waiting for. "Getting up".

For people in wheelchairs, getting up isn't really an option. Nor are port-o-pottys or stalls narrower than a wheelchair. Convenience wetting is absolutely a thing. Sometimes there are no suitable bathrooms. Sometimes you don't know where a suitable bathroom is. Sometimes you end up in a car with no civilization and squatting or using one of those standing pee devices is not an option.

"I don't want to hold it" often comes way before "I can't hold it".

5 hours ago, WetterMesser said:

I've definitely done it before, but it's pretty situational! I'll give a few examples of times I've done it:

Oh wow, I never really thought of a lot of these. Thanks for sharing! ❤️ 

3 hours ago, ErinonWheels said:

For people in wheelchairs, getting up isn't really an option. Nor are port-o-pottys or stalls narrower than a wheelchair.

I'm sorry 😞 Lack of accessibility sucks

20 minutes ago, slothmallow said:

Oh wow, I never really thought of a lot of these. Thanks for sharing! ❤️ 

I'm sorry 😞 Lack of accessibility sucks

It is much improved from my childhood. The question "What age were you potty trained?" gets an "It's complicated." from me. I had control as well as any kid at a normal age. At what age was I allowed to leave the house without at least one if not multiple changes of clothes? Depends on where I was going and if the building was upgraded after 1990. In hindsight, I feel bad for refusing to wear some form of protection as soon as I was old enough to grasp that it was a "baby" thing. The amount of laundry...

5 hours ago, ErinonWheels said:

It is much improved from my childhood. The question "What age were you potty trained?" gets an "It's complicated." from me. I had control as well as any kid at a normal age. At what age was I allowed to leave the house without at least one if not multiple changes of clothes? Depends on where I was going and if the building was upgraded after 1990. In hindsight, I feel bad for refusing to wear some form of protection as soon as I was old enough to grasp that it was a "baby" thing. The amount of laundry...

Do you use diapers at all now, if you don’t mind me asking?

From a non-disabled point of view I think there can be convenience aspects of wearing them, even if a change takes several times longer than using the toilet. If you’re somewhere that toilet facilities are not conveniently available or particularly unpleasant, or just involved in an activity you don’t want to be disturbed from, it’s very handy. And I’d recommend them at night for anyone who finds themself regularly having to get up to use the toilet!

3 minutes ago, nappypants said:

Do you use diapers at all now, if you don’t mind me asking?

From a non-disabled point of view I think there can be convenience aspects of wearing them, even if a change takes several times longer than using the toilet. If you’re somewhere that toilet facilities are not conveniently available or particularly unpleasant, or just involved in an activity you don’t want to be disturbed from, it’s very handy. And I’d recommend them at night for anyone who finds themself regularly having to get up to use the toilet!

Sometimes, pull-ups it it's a situation where just wetting is not a good idea, or is socially awkward. Never actual proper diapers just because my physical limitations make them more trouble than a change of clothes. In other words, I can't change in and out of a tape diaper on my own and independence is a must. I really try to limit legitimate accidents as much as possible outside of intentional holding to my limit or unforseen inability to hold it. The other, stranger but just as common method of limiting messes I use is puppy pads, like for housebreaking or bad weather for dogs. A layer of two of those under my butt is surprisingly effective at protecting my chair or whatever else I don't want to mess up  I've also noticed fetish models standing on them in videos.

As a kid I would heavily disagree with you lol, feeling soaked and maybe cold at some point was a much better short term solution than going to the bathroom, sure if its morning its better to go to the bathroom but if im gonna shower in a few hours i might aswell just save 5 minutes and not go to the bathroom lol, as a kid at least i became pretty good at wetting myself without having to stop what i was doing at the time, it kinda became a normal feeling at some point in the evening lol, it was super convenient, 5 minutes was awfully long for me as a kid lol, ill take any shortcut i can take

I do agree that there are some times where it's distracting; but I don't agree that it's entirely a myth.

For me, whether or not it's distracting or not usually depends on the mood I'm in. If I'm in the mood to get up to some mischief and stuff then yeah, I'm definitely bound to be distracted by myself wetting. However, if I'm not in that mood and am working on something important (e.g. an assignment for an online course due at the end of the day), then I can usually get away with letting my bladder go and wetting myself without too much distraction. I had an experience like that last night, where I discovered I'd misinterpreted some due dates and had 2 extra assignments due at the end of the day (which was in 5 hours), when I had thought it was only one thing. I ended up wetting myself a couple times while doing the work and, based on the fact that I was 5 minutes away from missing the due date on the final assignment, I'm pretty sure if I had gone to use the bathroom normally I would have ended up being late

Plus, even if it is distracting, I'd argue there's times where it can still be convenient. I've had teachers on Zoom lectures who refused to let people leave during the meeting, and I've wet myself multiple times to avoid trouble. (Just make sure your microphone is off. I speak from experience.) Similarly, a website some of my current online teachers use for taking tests will flag you for cheating if you leave the view of the camera, even for a second. Wetting to not get a 0 is convenient, I'd say. Sure, wetting instead of using the toilet doesn't always save time, but that doesn't mean it's not convenient.

Plus, my lazy ass would argue that just the fact that I don't have to get up and walk across the apartment counts as "convenient," but I could understand if that's just me lmao

13 minutes ago, ParadoxicEros said:

I do agree that there are some times where it's distracting; but I don't agree that it's entirely a myth.

For me, whether or not it's distracting or not usually depends on the mood I'm in. If I'm in the mood to get up to some mischief and stuff then yeah, I'm definitely bound to be distracted by myself wetting. However, if I'm not in that mood and am working on something important (e.g. an assignment for an online course due at the end of the day), then I can usually get away with letting my bladder go and wetting myself without too much distraction. I had an experience like that last night, where I discovered I'd misinterpreted some due dates and had 2 extra assignments due at the end of the day (which was in 5 hours), when I had thought it was only one thing. I ended up wetting myself a couple times while doing the work and, based on the fact that I was 5 minutes away from missing the due date on the final assignment, I'm pretty sure if I had gone to use the bathroom normally I would have ended up being late

Plus, even if it is distracting, I'd argue there's times where it can still be convenient. I've had teachers on Zoom lectures who refused to let people leave during the meeting, and I've wet myself multiple times to avoid trouble. (Just make sure your microphone is off. I speak from experience.) Similarly, a website some of my current online teachers use for taking tests will flag you for cheating if you leave the view of the camera, even for a second. Wetting to not get a 0 is convenient, I'd say. Sure, wetting instead of using the toilet doesn't always save time, but that doesn't mean it's not convenient.

Plus, my lazy ass would argue that just the fact that I don't have to get up and walk across the apartment counts as "convenient," but I could understand if that's just me lmao

Please share the story about the time your microphone was on!

I think the point you bring up about not being able to leave online meetings is great. A friend of mine was studying for the LSAT and apparently, a lot of posts on the LSAT subreddit this past year have been about how the online version (~3 hours) doesn't allow people to leave sight of the camera at any point to go to the bathroom. There are multiple posts from people complaining they were forced to wet themselves during the test. Some even wore adult diapers. You can search for it in the LSAT subreddit.

14 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

Please share the story about the time your microphone was on!

I'll probably put it in it's own thread at some point where it's a bit more detailed, but the short of it was I didn't realize my microphone was on and began to wet. The fun thing about Zoom is that it highlights a box around the person who it thinks is 'talking,' so my square lit up as I did. However, being my unobservant self, I didn't catch it until another student put in the chat "What's that noise, [name]?" and I straight up just sorta tried to gaslight the class by acting like I didn't hear anything.

I think I succeeded in convincing everyone it was nothing, but I do know that it was at least audible enough for one of my friends to work out what the noise was and ask me about it later (though, to be fair, they already knew about my habit so they had extra context clues to work with).

14 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

how the online version (~3 hours) doesn't allow people to leave sight of the camera at any point to go to the bathroom

That sounds pretty similar to the website my teachers have been using, actually. It has like, 20 different things that it forbids because they count as cheating, ranging from sensible stuff 'Use of Calculators' or 'Looking Up Answers' all the way to stuff I don't understand like 'Eating Food or Drinking' or 'Wearing a Watch.' In that list is 'Leaving View of Webcam' for any reason at all. I've had some real long tests on there, and even some final exams for classes, and I think I can safely say I've wet at least once during over 90% of them

Recently, I found out that the teachers who give the test actually have the ability to turn on and off specific rules because my British Literature teacher actually was kind enough to turn off most of the ones that seemed excessive (I'm very salty about the fact that all my other teachers have been acting like its out of their hands when they could have let me eat food during the test this whole time). She even turned off the one that prevents you from leaving the camera!

...I still opted to wet myself during that test though, because of course I did

Edited by ParadoxicEros (see edit history)
19 hours ago, WetterMesser said:

I've definitely done it before, but it's pretty situational! I'll give a few examples of times I've done it:

1. While mowing. My yard growing up was pretty big and it takes a couple hours to mow. Additionally, my parents have an ancient mower that's older than me which is really finnickey. If you turn it off, it won't start again for a couple hours for some reason, so you really can't leave to do other things once you start to mow. Sometimes on a hot day, since I would be showering right after I finish anyways, if I had to pee during my mowing I'd sometimes just go in my pants as I mowed rather than risk the mower not starting if I went inside. By the time I finished, it was almost 100% dried and nobody could tell what I did.

2. I've done it in a sauna at my local pool many times. If I just got out of the pool, I'll forego drying off and head straight to the sauna. Since I'm still dripping, I can just wet instead of leaving the sauna and going to the bathroom. Since I'm already dripping, nobody notices.

3. Whenever I'm at the beach near my apartment, the bathrooms are always disgusting. Sometimes, I will just go in the water, but if I'm sunbathing, I'll just go in my bathing suit where I am instead of getting up and going to the ocean or the bathroom. If you are positioned correctly and you go slowly, you can do it silently and invisibly, as the pee trickles down around your crotch and butt and into the sand. I've done this multiple times surrounded by a large group of my friends and nobody noticed.

4. It can get very cold where I live in the winter, and sometimes I will wear snow pants while I'm out shopping. Since public toilets cost money in Europe, if I am on my way home already and I have to pee, I will usually just go in my snow pants and wash them and take a shower when I get to my apartment. I like to think that I am wetting myself not only for convenience, but also to save money!

5. I, along with almost every diver ever, have pissed my wetsuit while scuba diving. I did an excursion on a vacation once and we were deep underwater for 2 hours. The diving instructor told us that if we had to pee, we should just go in our suits because apparently when you dive deep, you have to ascend slowly to depressurize, which can take up to 30 mins. Basically, myself and half the people in my diving group wet ourselves for convenience instead of cutting our dive short and waiting 30 mins to pee on the boat.

6. While technically not my story, my best friend wets for convenience all the time. She is a half-marathon runner who does occasional Iron Man runs. As some of you may know, the running community is no stranger to wetting or even the occasional messing while running. My friend is extremely competitive, and she will occasionally opt to wet her shorts or leggings to save time in her race instead of stopping at a porta-loo or going off into a forest.

I will update this post if I think of more ways I have done a convenience wetting, these are just off the top of my head.

I mean that's still kinda what I'm getting at. In my experience I've found that either because of clean up or the distracted feeling I get, going to the bathroom  or squatting behind a bush a lot more more convenient than wetting myself outside of a couple of very specific scenarios. (I completely relate to the beach example. How can a toilet be virtually nerve used but somehow always in discusting condition?) 

But I found that putting a more exagerated title would get more attention and raise more discussion than a longer title like "In my experience wetting myself is far less convenient than going to the batroom in most scenarios in everyday life." 

Also my argument was based mostly on experiences in everyday life where the option of going to the bathroom is awailable. (For example, if I'm sky diving then the only option for me is wetting myself if I do get desperate on the way down.) So I feel  your examples 5 and 6 aren't exactly related to what I'm talking about. (Okay maybe 6 if peeing outside is still considered going to the toilet. However I don't feel running a marathon to be an everyday experience for all of us.) 

1 hour ago, ParadoxicEros said:

Yes, there's genuine differences between what people consider easy and hygienic. That's probably what effects peoples oppinion on this the most. 

Atleast for me I'm very much a clean freak when it comes to wetting. The line between sexy and gross is razor sharp lol. Like I don't mind a puddle or the soaked clothes, but I usually find it more gross when stuff starts to get yellow or smell. So for me if I do wet myself while doing something it usually means like "great now I gotta spend 10 minutes doing laundry and changing clothes, once this goes cold. I coul've just aswell spent 2 minutes going to the bathroom" once I do calm down a bit.

20 minutes ago, waffle<3 said:

Atleast for me I'm very much a clean freak when it comes to wetting. The line between sexy and gross is razor sharp lol. Like I don't mind a puddle or the soaked clothes, but I usually find it more gross when stuff starts to get yellow or smell. So for me if I do wet myself while doing something it usually means like "great now I gotta spend 10 minutes doing laundry and changing clothes, once this goes cold. I coul've just aswell spent 2 minutes going to the bathroom" once I do calm down a bit.

Okay, that does make a lot of sense. I've really never been one to mind the yellowness, and as far I've been told, my pee doesn't smell too much. I've gone some long times with soaked sheets or puddles on the floor, especially recently because my roommate's been sort of enabling me. I probably shouldn't be leaving messes for so long but at the same time I feel like I still clean well enough when it gets bad enough. 

31 minutes ago, PrincessPEEach said:

I think it all comes down to personal preference….but for me, I’d agree that wetting for convenience is a myth, and something I just couldn’t ever see myself doing.

Part of what makes it a fetish for me is the whole sexual enjoyment…and for me, that’s almost incompatible with wetting for convenience because it’s a completely different form of motivation. Wetting out of convience is motivated out of 🤷‍♀️Laziness🤷‍♀️ (I’m speculating) and wetting as a sexual fetish is motivated by sexual pleasure….

Plus as many other have pointed out, it’s not realllllllly as convenient in most cases as simply using the toilet would be. Waaaay too much clean up needed when wetting. Peeing in nature, or in a place other than a toilet, sure. No clean up needed, but wetting, nope. 

The only exception I can think of is wetting ones swimsuit while at the beach (which barely counts, because you’re not wearing clothes), because no clean up is needed! But aside from that, I can’t think of a personal example where it’s convenient but not sexual….

Read my post above!