Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale Ironic Update on Prostate Problems

Ironic Update on Prostate Problems

Following on from the Prostate scare I had last year I feel I should share with you all the updates to now. I am in an unusual position in that I have a problem with the waterworks that can affect any guy but also a member of this forum where we all have a shared interest in wet matters. WARNING: some of the details are a bit graphic but important and if it helps even one guy to escape this problem then my effort is all worthwhile.

So, the prostate was declared normal size and not cancerous, no threat at all. However, after having the scan that confirmed this, the urology surgeon informed me that I had a ‘large’ tumour in the bladder. Naturally, with this taking up space in the ‘reservoir’ I was peeing more often and occasionally dribbling before I could reach the loo. I went in for surgery a couple of weeks later and after 45 mins in the theatre the surgeon informed me that the tumour (60mm) had gone. Unfortunately, as he had already informed me that he would need to circumcise me in order to get access, that had been done as well. If anyone tells you that circumcision as an adult is painful, a dreadful experience, humiliating and a new chapter in your life, believe every word! I was in hospital for three nights and four days during which time every female nurse, nursing assistant and student had been in to ‘check’ on my ‘wound site’! On the first morning after the surgery a nurse came in to check my vitals Etc. and change the dressing, because I was dressed with a pad and on a waterproof bed mat I had just let go and wet myself in bed after I woke up so there was a very wet patch in the bed and the nurse changed it for me, it was still warm but she said nothing! Meanwhile my bits were black, not black and blue, black. Also, I could not feel my dick at all – a little worrying – but most feeling has now returned and the swelling has gone (took three weeks). The swelling was so bad that after I was discharged on the Saturday, I had to go back in on the Sunday morning because I was so swollen that I couldn’t pee at all. This pain spreads to the whole lower torso and I had all but passed out by the time we got to the hospital. The result was that I had another catheter inserted and ended up ‘dragging a bag’ for the next two weeks. The local nurses were calling in every second day to dress the wound and check on the catheter. During this time I was peeing quite frequently – about every hour or hour and a half – and wearing a thick pad. Night times I had a pad and a Goodnites bed mat in case I leaked during the night. Magic! As the pain started to recede, I was sleeping better but still needed short pees about every couple of hours. I ignored the calls and just peed into the bed pad. Ironically the folks I live with were completely understanding and supportive and I was actually expected to wet the bed!

That is where I am at the moment and because the feeling hasn’t completely returned to my dick even little dribbles during the day are ‘excused’ which is almost heaven for a wetter. The real irony in this story is that there is a 70% chance that I will have to have a cystectomy (complete removal of the bladder) necessitating a permanent stoma and a collection bag system. If that is required I will lose the ability to pee at all and that will effectively end my days of peeing for fun. I am starting Chemotherapy at the end of February and expect the entire course to be over by early May. After that, a scan will show the strength of the bladder and determine whether or not it has to go. Apparently, it currently shows that the cancer has eaten through the muscle of the bladder wall and into the soft tissue surrounding it and the danger is of a rupture of the bladder in the future and/or the cancer returning and quickly going to the next stage. I will just have to wait and see. Wish me luck!

Symptoms : -

Bladder cancer can affect a guy of any age, although usually the older you get the more the chances increase. Symptoms include, frequency of peeing, peeing more at night, burning sensations when you pee (usually at the end), lower back pain, pain in the lower belly just above the pubic bone, blood in the urine or dark urine. Interestingly, keep a watchful eye on your pee, an early sign of problems is dark pee and/or ‘heavy’ pee which doesn’t mix well with the water in the toilet bowl but sinks to the bottom. Later symptoms include very pink or bloody urine with small clots of blood. If you experience any of these symptoms Don’t put off a visit to your doctor, get in to see him/her!

Stay wet’n’happy,

Roger.

That's pretty scary.  I had to see a urologist a few years ago due to a mildly elevated PSA test result.  Examination and scan showed an enlarged prostate but no malignancies.  I was also getting penile thrush episodes which my doctor said was a common side effect of diabetes medication he was giving me.  While this was quite easily controlled with the usual cream, the urologist seemed quite keen that I should have a circumcision.  I felt that surgery as a treatment for a drug side effect was overdoing it, and declined.  Your experience makes me glad I did. 

I'm wishing you the best of luck with your progression through this adventure.

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the support and best wishes, it's so easy to feel isolated when you get a problem like this. I feel fortunate that I can share the wetting aspect of it here because I sure can't share it anywhere else. Thanks Showerproof for calling it an 'adventure' that's a positive word. I am at least getting a few wet experiences because I still don't have all the feeling back and let's say the hose starts to dribble before the fireman can get hold of it! The day before yesterday I went into hospital for the day to have an implant in my chest to allow the chemo medication to go directly into a veign without risk of infection. They gave me a light anaesthetic but when I woke up I found that I was wet and it had come through onto the sheet even though I was wearing a 'moppitup' for men! I just lay there enjoying the feeling as I rested. Afterwards the nurses saw the wet patch but said nothing. 

Thanks again for the best wishes, much appreciated.

Stay wet'n'happy

Roger

I had a further thought about this topic. Do doctors really need to scrap the foreskin when it gets in the way of surgery? I mean couldn't they cut it down the side, pull it out of the way, and then repair it at the end of the surgery?

I suffered from an overly tight forskin, and as a teenager they gave me a circumcision. I didn't want my foreskin removed like that - I'd have much prefered an operation that restored it to what nature had intended.

The main reason I say that, is that I'm pretty sure circumcission reduces the sensitivity of the penis. In my case I hadn't even started to use it for that purpose, and when I did, it performed very nicely - maybe enabling me to last a bit longer inside my girlfriend than might have been the case otherwise. However by the time I passed 50, I had to fake an orgasm more and more and make up for it later.

There seem to be a few medical minds here, so I am curious as to why foreskins are treated in such a cavalier fashion?

Hi David,

Firstly many thanks for your best wishes, I need all the encouragement I can get!

Secondly, I knew all my life that I had a very tight foreskin but it never stopped me from enjoying sex as normal and I completely agree with you about the possible alternatives. No, mine wasn't anything to do with religion at all just the doctor tried to get the foreskin to go back and it was tight so he just said he would have to circumcise me because he couldn't work with that. The expression you used is very apt, the doctors do have a cavalier approach to a 'minor' problem like circumcision. You may remember that the Cavaliers during the English civil war were opposed by the Roundheads! Joking aside though the doctor who said this to me gave me the impression that if it had to go then I would just have to accept it if he was going to perform the more important operation of removing the tumour. It was definitely of no import. Now he might have thought that at my age I wasn't going to use it much again except to pee through but I could have, and do have, a different viewpoint. As for feeling, I have very little feeling in the end of my penis now, although it is only 4 weeks from surgery, but of course I have no idea what it should feel like. All I can tell you is that the swelling has all gone and the pain and discomfort has also gone so I think that physically it is as normal as it is going to get. However, when I pee it sprays in multiple directions which sometimes is fun but I still have to wear some sort of protection because the hose is turned on before the fireman can grab it if you get my meaning, they have opened the bottle before I arrive at the party.

The next fight, after the chemo, is to try and keep my bladder instead of losing it and going for a bag. I hope the surgeon doesn't have the same cavalier approach to that !

Thanks to all for keeping in touch and all your best wishes - very much appreciated.

Stay wet'n'happy,

Roger.