Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Do you think human female pee contains sex pheremones?

Maybe not the most scientific notion, but it is interesting to think about. Many female animals use their pee to communicate fertility to potential mates (cats, goats, and giraffes to name a few). Is it possible that this could exist in some vestigial form in humans? Maybe a woman's pee having a different and inexplicably captivating scent when she's ovulating?

Ok probably not but I just want to justify my love for smelly female pee🤣

I would not be surprised females had some sex hormones in their pee which can in theory be smelled. But also I don't think the average Joe can just smell it, that probably would be public knowledge. But, just think about it for a minute: Female urine contains information on whether women are pregnant or not. I bet if you train a dog for it, the dog could detect pregnant females on the smell of urine.

You know what, enough of the speculation: This website states that not only can a dog smell human pregnancy, but also cancer, diabetes and the menstrual cycle, among other things. The status of the menstrual cycle does give quite a bit of information on fertility, so I think it's reasonable to say that pee does as well contain information on fertility.

It's common in the animal kingdom, peeing as a tool for sexual attraction, so would expect it to exist to an extent in humans.

While most people will have an aversion to urine as a default response, there is an obvious natural link to sexuality as well, and many have documented an unexpected arousal response to, say, a person they find attractive having a wetting accident.