Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Holding when drinking a lot vs. Holding for a long time

I find that when drinking the normal amount (or maybe a bit less than normal) I can go several hours without peeing (back in high school I would frequently hold it for 8+ hours , though I definitely was not drinking enough). However, if a drink a lot of water I can get myself very desperate in like an hour or so, but I feel like these two experiences are different. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you think that being desperate after holding via these two methods feels different? It's been a while since I was truly desperate from holding for many hours, so maybe my memories of it are just a bit foggy.

There definitely is a difference. When I drink normally and don't really plan on doing a hold I pee every 4-8 hours, doing a hold it can get to 11+ hours. But my capacity prevents me from experiencing easy methods to get desperate quickly. Even rapid desperation is hard for me, but sometimes it works so that I get desperate faster but even then I don't really lose it.

Something like rapid desperation or even waking up with a very full bladder doesn't give your body the full time to really "feel" some things like the rising pain (not in a bad way) and/or uneasiness of holding it very long. The full desperation is just there (very fast) and you have to fight to not pee yourself. The long depsation is just a slow process and you will experience every small change in getting more and more full.

But I have to admit that I more than once get impatient and "end" it before I lose the battle, just because I'm sometimes more aroused than desperate to pee during the build up.

I've talked about this before, I believe. I'm the same way. When I don't drink enough, I can practically hold it indefinitely. As someone with a shy bladder, I have to do this often, and by often I mean every time I leave my house. Once, to avoid using public restrooms on a road trip, I restricted my fluids and didn't pee throughout the 14 hour journey. I also did some experiments as a teenager (which were stupid in hindsight and probably damaged my bladder) where I drank very very little in order to complete a 36 hr hold, and back then I was doing 24 hr holds of this nature almost daily. If I were drinking normally at this time, I'd probably only last 3-4 hours, tops! When I fill up fast, I have almost no ability to hold it. 

Holding (very) small amounts for a long time tends to be more painful, however. After a while, even if you don't really have an urge to pee, your bladder sort of aches instead to remind you that you haven't peed in a while. I'm not sure if this is due to the pee being more concentrated, but it can feel irritating at times and burn a little on the inside. And during those extended holds that I used to do, around the 20hr mark, this would be evident. It can even sometimes be hard to get started if you've held it this long, at least in my experience. 

For me, if I drink anywhere near a healthy amount or have any caffiene in my system, all bets are off. My bladder can't handle it. I develop an urgent need very quickly and when I'm that full, I can't hold it for very long and I sometimes have to go multiple times after the first pee. Some might see this as a good thing, that I can make myself desperate very quickly, and I'll agree it's fun when you're doing it on purpose, but not so much when you're not in control of it and have to plan your whole lifestyle around making sure your bladder doesn't do this at inoppurtune moments.

The middle ground, holding a moderate amount for a few hours, always feels the best to me. That usually happens if I'm busy with something and don't find the time to pee or don't notice I need to until I'm done with whatever it was I'm doing. It's just enough to feel the sensation without being in pain or feeling the need to rush to the bathroom straightaway. It's something you can sit with and hold off emptying a little while longer, and to me it's the most pleasant. Especially compared to the other two types of urges. 

6 minutes ago, AlwaysOmo said:

I've talked about this before, I believe. I'm the same way. When I don't drink enough, I can practically hold it indefinitely. As someone with a shy bladder, I have to do this often, and by often I mean every time I leave my house. Once, to avoid using public restrooms on a road trip, I restricted my fluids and didn't pee throughout the 14 hour journey. I also did some experiments as a teenager (which were stupid in hindsight and probably damaged my bladder) where I drank very very little in order to complete a 36 hr hold, and back then I was doing 24 hr holds of this nature almost daily. If I were drinking normally at this time, I'd probably only last 3-4 hours, tops! When I fill up fast, I have almost no ability to hold it. 

Holding (very) small amounts for a long time tends to be more painful, however. After a while, even if you don't really have an urge to pee, your bladder sort of aches instead to remind you that you haven't peed in a while. I'm not sure if this is due to the pee being more concentrated, but it can feel irritating at times and burn a little on the inside. And during those extended holds that I used to do, around the 20hr mark, this would be evident. It can even sometimes be hard to get started if you've held it this long, at least in my experience. 

For me, if I drink anywhere near a healthy amount or have any caffiene in my system, all bets are off. My bladder can't handle it. I develop an urgent need very quickly and when I'm that full, I can't hold it for very long and I sometimes have to go multiple times after the first pee. Some might see this as a good thing, that I can make myself desperate very quickly, and I'll agree it's fun when you're doing it on purpose, but not so much when you're not in control of it and have to plan your whole lifestyle around making sure your bladder doesn't do this at inoppurtune moments.

The middle ground, holding a moderate amount for a few hours, always feels the best to me. That usually happens if I'm busy with something and don't find the time to pee or don't notice I need to until I'm done with whatever it was I'm doing. It's just enough to feel the sensation without being in pain or feeling the need to rush to the bathroom straightaway. It's something you can sit with and hold off emptying a little while longer, and to me it's the most pleasant. Especially compared to the other two types of urges. 

Yeah, I agree. I can hold for a very long time if I limit fluids, though I have never approached 24 hours or anywhere near 36! Idk if I would ever do a full 24 hours (Idk if I could) but I would like to experiment with longer holds (in a safe way of course)

1 hour ago, Zayralius said:

There definitely is a difference. When I drink normally and don't really plan on doing a hold I pee every 4-8 hours, doing a hold it can get to 11+ hours. But my capacity prevents me from experiencing easy methods to get desperate quickly. Even rapid desperation is hard for me, but sometimes it works so that I get desperate faster but even then I don't really lose it.

Something like rapid desperation or even waking up with a very full bladder doesn't give your body the full time to really "feel" some things like the rising pain (not in a bad way) and/or uneasiness of holding it very long. The full desperation is just there (very fast) and you have to fight to not pee yourself. The long depsation is just a slow process and you will experience every small change in getting more and more full.

But I have to admit that I more than once get impatient and "end" it before I lose the battle, just because I'm sometimes more aroused than desperate to pee during the build up.

Yeah, I tend to get bored and impatient during long holds, as I just want the intense part at the end. I will say, if you are aroused mid hold, jerking off with a full bladder can be very fun.

When I was holding for six or seven hours at my job I definitely minimize the amount I drank where I would just sip water here and there when I was really thirsty otherwise there was no way I would be able to do that. When I drink juice or soda or anything, even a small amount I peeing like crazy within a half hour minimum. And although I could hold that for longer if I had to I would really really be feeling it. So yes when you drink a lot you definitely feel it more than when you drink a little bit over a longer stretch of time. I would rather have to hold six or seven hours while drinking a small amount like I did at my job, than have to drink a real lot of soda or juice or something like that and hold half that amount of time. When you are not drinking that much it's easy to hold it a long time, well not easy, but easier than it is and when you are tanking up on liquids and you are ready to explode within a short amount of time.

4 hours ago, GottaLoveCatz said:

Yeah, I agree. I can hold for a very long time if I limit fluids, though I have never approached 24 hours or anywhere near 36! Idk if I would ever do a full 24 hours (Idk if I could) but I would like to experiment with longer holds (in a safe way of course)

Yeah, I must clarify that I was most likely dehydrated when I did the 36 hr hold. I maybe had like a liter at most spread out throughout that day and a half (though I don't remember exactly) I just wanted to prove I could reach that time, even if I was technically cheating the system by not drinking lol. Also, that was only a one time thing and I doubt I would ever attempt it again. At the end, it started to hurt a bit and my bladder was close to just giving up because of how irritated it was, even if it wasn't uncomfortably full.

While it can be fun to test your limits, I really don't recommend anyone try this. 

• 2 months later...

I hardly ever drink a lot willfully to get desperate within a short time. I always prefer to adapt to the rising pressure slowly, drinking normally and let time do the job. Even if I am not intentionally holding I can reduce peeing to twice a day because I am used to feel a certain urgency without having to react. Sometimes and unintentionally limiting my intake or sweating more I can exceed holding half a day easily.

Yes, there's definitely a difference for me. If I drink normally, I never really get the frantic desperation of a rapidly filling bladder. I have quite a large capacity so when I hold all day, I get the heavy bowling ball effect with none of the urgency or leaking. I also often get horny from the hours of pressure on my bladder and I end up finishing myself off long before it gets to the point of fullness.

If I drink about 1 litre an hour consistently, I fill up faster than my bladder can stretch and I get a lot more urgency, desperation and leaking. The liquid quickly pushes past my bladder capacity and that's what causes me to lose control and leak.

18 hours ago, Urgently said:

Yes, there's definitely a difference for me. If I drink normally, I never really get the frantic desperation of a rapidly filling bladder. I have quite a large capacity so when I hold all day, I get the heavy bowling ball effect with none of the urgency or leaking. I also often get horny from the hours of pressure on my bladder and I end up finishing myself off long before it gets to the point of fullness.

I definitely prefer long term desperation to rapid filling because in the latter case I deprive me of the many hours of 'pleasant overfullness'. And as I am hardly ever into intentional wetting I rather like to test how long I can go growing accustomed to a slowly rising urge. Feeling the desire to pee but denying it and then waiting several hours until the pressure rises to a constant threatening urge is my aim.

Yes, for me is a big difference. If I drink a lot in short amount of time, I will feel strong desperation and I know I will pee myself soon. If I drink normally over longer period of time, I don't feel strong desperation when I already start losing control over my bladder. It's very annoying, because I still think I can hold it, but than I do something like squat to take something from a bottom shelve in a shop and without warning I start to pee in my pants when I stand up again. It's only for a second or two, but more than enough to get a big wet patch in my crotch or even down my thighs. 

Nowadays I often have to use a bathroom as soon as I first feel the need to pee, if i don't want this to happen.