Sign In

What age did your stop bedwetting?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve always had a weak bladder so bed wetting wasn’t uncommon well into high school. Nowadays, I don’t wet the bed unless I had a few drinks before bed, especially after coming home from a bar or club

I never stopped. I've been a bedwetter my entire life. Our mattress is protected and I wear pull-ups to bed most nights.

Well, I haven't wet the bed since last week Tuesday, but I wouldn't say that I'd stopped . . . . 😄  

The last genuine bedwetting accident I had was at 10 years old, on a family holiday.

I don't know why but looking back now, I was suffering from a diabetic episode.

I'm Type 2, and have been registered with my doctor since my late 20's.

However I can look back at events in my life and say, well that was a diabetic red flag.

I have no idea what my sugar levels were, but they must have been very high, during this holiday.

I'd gone back to the hotel room, because I was feeling very tired, and it wasn't particularly late.

When my parents came to check on me later, they couldn't wake me up, to get in the room, and had to get a spare key from reception.

They didn't worry, once they got in, because to a casual observer, I was just asleep.

When I woke up in the morning, I found I had made a significant, wet patch in the middle of the bed.

I finished, weeing in the toilet, and tried to go back to bed but couldn't.

I ended up getting dressed and taking a Garfield comic to the hotel lounge, at about six o'clock in the morning.

I've never wet the bed. I feel kinda disappointed by that. I'd like to experience it at least once in my life, but never have. Even if I drink a lot of alcohol, or dream I'm peeing, I still wake up dry.

I had a pee dream the other week where I was desperate and managed to make it to the toilet. I swear I could feel the urine streaming out of my urethra...and I still didn't wet the bed!!

Bed and day wetting ceased at age five. Like many other autistic people, my bladder control (if you even call it that) arrived late. The bed wetting restarted at age eleven. It was not an every-night occurrence. I’d wet six to ten times in two weeks. Then I’d have ten to twelve dry weeks. Then a couple more wet weeks.

My most embarrassing wetting was at a slumber party. Maybe I hid it well. Neither of the other boys ever mentioned it.

The next embarrassing event was mother taking me to a doctor for a check up. Without bracing me for it, she told the doctor about my bed wetting. The doctor was cool about it. He asked a couple questions. Then he said, “Let’s see whether it stops by itself. It stopped just before my fourteenth birthday.

It returned at age nineteen (when I was living in a college dormitory) and has not stopped for more than eighteen months since. It eventually became more random. That makes managing it harder.

Now a Peepod Mat keeps me more comfortable, makes cleanup easier and prevents mattress damage. It’s nice to have a mat there in case I get lazy about putting on a night diaper before bed.

If you have not read Sarah Silverman’s account of her bed wetting, your can find an extract at

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2010/aug/21/sarah-silverman-bedwetter-extract

Does it sound familiar?

7 hours ago, Stanley79 said:

Bed and day wetting ceased at age five. Like many other autistic people, my bladder control (if you even call it that) arrived late. The bed wetting restarted at age eleven. It was not an every-night occurrence. I’d wet six to ten times in two weeks. Then I’d have ten to twelve dry weeks. Then a couple more wet weeks.

My most embarrassing wetting was at a slumber party. Maybe I hid it well. Neither of the other boys ever mentioned it.

The next embarrassing event was mother taking me to a doctor for a check up. Without bracing me for it, she told the doctor about my bed wetting. The doctor was cool about it. He asked a couple questions. Then he said, “Let’s see whether it stops by itself. It stopped just before my fourteenth birthday.

It returned at age nineteen (when I was living in a college dormitory) and has not stopped for more than eighteen months since. It eventually became more random. That makes managing it harder.

Now a Peepod Mat keeps me more comfortable, makes cleanup easier and prevents mattress damage. It’s nice to have a mat there in case I get lazy about putting on a night diaper before bed.

If you have not read Sarah Silverman’s account of her bed wetting, your can find an extract at

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2010/aug/21/sarah-silverman-bedwetter-extract

Does it sound familiar?

I relate a lot to this! Its always been very inconsistent, my parents never took me to a doctor because they didnt really care much about it, they taught me to change my sheets by myself and from there i was kinda left to deal with it >< Day time wettings were honestly very few, going to sleep was scary tho

1 minute ago, Alex62 said:

A cute wet deep sleeper :3

shush >w<

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, deviomo said:

idk i was kind of a late bloomer in that regard, maybe around 5 or 6? i sporadically wet the bed for some time after that due to night terrors, and that stopped when i was maybe 11

@deviomo  Ha haa Late Bloomer,  5-6 is not a late bloomer.  At that age most pediatricians don't even consider bedwetting and issue.  You were about normal in that area. Glad you did not have the struggle of dealing with bedwetting on into high school .

On 10/16/2022 at 10:16 AM, Shawnie said:

*Looks down at the wet jeans I was sleeping in last night.*

Ummmm like maybe tomorrow years old? But prolly not.

🤣🤣🤣. That is funny.  

On 10/17/2022 at 1:59 PM, FinnTheStinky said:

At about 15, I still occasionally do if im not careful, im probably just a deep sleeper really

I can relate.  Growing up after the tests and all my doctor said my bedwetting was probably a combination of my body not making some hormone that slowed the production of pee at night and deep sleeping.  

I think around 8 or 9 years old. IIRC I was a late-bloomer for potty training, not until 4. I definitely have memories of wearing diapers and then moving to training pants, then "big boy" underwear. I started having the occasional accident again in my mid twenties. Once a year to once every other year so not that frequent. I'm on a dry run now though, several years since it's last happened. I suspect the fact that I'm being treated for central sleep apnea has probably curtailed that.

The only bedwetting I can remember (at least the not-on-purpose type) was when I was 10 or 11. I was staying at my dad’s house with some family around my age, and we always stayed up super late when we were together. After a restless evening, we pulled out out blankets and arranged them in the living room - this time I got the floor, but that meant I also got the extra thick comforter to soften it a bit. We were watching Boy Meets World on the Disney Channel, and it was the series finale. As I was falling asleep, I realized I needed to pee. Since I hadn’t had any sort of accident in years at this point, was already super tired, and didn’t want to miss the show I decided to not worry about it and just wait until the morning. Bad choice. I woke up wet and initially thought I’d had one of those wet dreams from the puberty video they showed us at school, but in retrospect I absolutely had just peed myself. I was able to cover it up pretty well by putting the blanket away to hide it and convincing everyone that the first thing we should do is go swim in the pool, where I rinsed my clothes while swimming. As far as I know, no one ever found out. 

On 10/17/2022 at 11:43 AM, Mr Pops Alot said:

I never seemed to have any issues when it pertains to wetting the bed. The last time I had the slightest of a pee accident was years ago (can't remember the age) when I had a pee dream and started peeing. Luckily, I woke up immediately after, and there was only a slight patch of pee on the bed.

That reminds me of when I almost wet the bed (or the tent) at a camp in 6th grade. The night was cold and I must've gone to bed without peeing beforehand. Woke up and I had a wet patch on my shorts.

It wasn't just me oddly enough. The kid that I shared the tent with also wet his shorts.

Would be funny if it turned out he poured water on my shorts after he wet his. 😂

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 5:41 PM, YuriChaosLord said:

I think I was 6 or 7 or sooner? I didn't have much accidents actually, but I remember one when I about 6 or 7. I as quite afraid of the dark, so I got night light for Christmas. It helped me sleep so good that at the very first night of using it, I wet the bed. I don't remember my any other bedwetting accident, sadly.

Aww:/ could be worse i suppose?

On 10/11/2022 at 6:47 PM, Cherry Petal said:

I was never really much of a bedwetter but it did still happen once every few years. Last time was last year!

Care to tell us what happened?

I think my last time was 6. I have never had any kind of unplanned accident of any kind since then, not even when blackout drunk. 

However, I remember getting severely shamed for not being out of pull ups and bed wetting for longer than a lot of other kids and I have no idea if feeling that shame played into the hand of my fetishes later in life