Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What age did your stop bedwetting?

I felt like I peed the bed every 1-2 months in my younger years. It became less thru my teens. The last time I even wet the bed (only partially) was in my early twenties, and I'm 32 now. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve always had a weak bladder so bed wetting wasn’t uncommon well into high school. Nowadays, I don’t wet the bed unless I had a few drinks before bed, especially after coming home from a bar or club

I never stopped. I've been a bedwetter my entire life. Our mattress is protected and I wear pull-ups to bed most nights.

Well, I haven't wet the bed since last week Tuesday, but I wouldn't say that I'd stopped . . . . 😄  

stop? 

okay but honestly, it was on and off for awhile. i fully embraced it tho. same with my super totally minor urge incontinence. i don’t wet nightly though. or even most nights. but almost every time i get out of bed, immediately the urge incontinence hits. and if it doesn’t then, it does when i even get close to the bathroom

so bedwetting or not, my night time diapey is almost always having an accident in it

15 hours ago, PrincessEsther said:

stop? 

okay but honestly, it was on and off for awhile. i fully embraced it tho. same with my super totally minor urge incontinence. i don’t wet nightly though. or even most nights. but almost every time i get out of bed, immediately the urge incontinence hits. and if it doesn’t then, it does when i even get close to the bathroom

so bedwetting or not, my night time diapey is almost always having an accident in it

I'm glad you get along with it😘

@DesperateJill Aww, too bad you couldn’t enjoy it. I bet you looked adorable on your soggy sheets.

I wonder how much you’d drench them if you wet the bed now, with your mega-bladder and all the exercise it got at that job. It’d be like “did someone leave the shower running?” “Nah, Jill’s just napping.”

A couple days ago, I had the classic ‘pee dream’ sort of bedwetting. In my dream I couldn’t get my clothes down in classic omo video fashion and it felt absolutely amazing when I finally lost control and wet. Waking up in a very wet bed was a wonderful addition to it. 

Being like this isn’t always easy, but I wouldn’t change it. 

Edited by trekkie (see edit history)

@trekkie

"Aww, too bad you couldn’t enjoy it. I bet you looked adorable on your soggy sheets.

I wonder how much you’d drench them if you wet the bed now, with your mega-bladder and all the exercise it got at that job. It’d be like “did someone leave the shower running?” “Nah, Jill’s just napping.”

I'd probably drench them now lol. But I wet the bed to pretty soaked when I was a kid, but it was always irritating cause sitting my own piss made it hard to get back to sleep and irritated my skin too.

Fairly young, maybe seven. I was a very deep sleeper as a kid and that was a problem.  Decades later, and only very, very occasionally, it still happens that if I sleep extremely deeply with vivid dreams, I dream that I'm peeing and start to go in bed. Then it's really a question of how quickly I realise!   I'm not sure if everybody does this now and then but my ex-wife did. The first time she said she had dreamed she was a puppy on newspaper (!!) so in this house it became known as having the puppy dog dream if anybody wet the bed. 

These days I'm single and sometimes dating.  I wonder if one of the many reasons I don't sleep well with another person these days is a secret fear of the puppy dog! 

On 1/18/2022 at 12:38 AM, AngelStars said:

I don't have any memories of either wetting the bed or having an accident. So, if I ever wet the bed as a toddler, I must have been too young to remember it. (I think I'd remember it though, because I still have memories of being in my highchair.)

Is that abnormal? Do most kids go through a bedwetting phase?

I heard back in the late 1990s (from a lady who worked in my college cafeteria who had a five-year-old who wore diapers to bed) that doctors don’t even begin to worry about bed-wetting until a child is five-years old (or even six) at the earliest. Before that, wearing diapers to bed is common (perhaps even normal).

On 2/3/2022 at 7:11 AM, DesperateJill said:

I wet my bed pretty regularly as a child and until my teenage years, I guess until my early teens. I never enjoyed wetting my bed the way some people do though, as I always found it really unpleasant. But I did continue wetting my bed involuntarily until my early teenage years at least.

I don't count the few times I did it early on. Say till age 6 or 7 as that is not uncommon.  My real bedwetting didn't start till I was about 10 1/2 till about 13 1/2. Then I remember waking up on my 15th birthday wet.  (Yes, 15) That went on intermittently for several months before stopping

• 2 months later...

Given how many bedwetters there are on the planet (just look at sales of drynites) we seem to be oddly short of bed-wetters here. I myself wet until 11 or 12, stopped for a bit, wet again 14 to 16, then occasionally at 18 or 19... Last time was at 28. Not since. Seems I grew up in the end. What am I doing on this forum????

I stopped regularly wetting the bed about 8 I think. I still had occasional accidents for years after though, even when I was a teenager, and I've woken up wet a couple times as an adult. Usually just partially wet in more recent years, thankfully, and always during a "pee dream". I very occasionally wear diapers to bed when the mood strikes me but that's for fun rather than protection.

• 5 months later...

For me I was achronic bedwetter growing up.  It was just about every night through elementary school.  Then in middle school I was peeing my bed 3-4 nights a week.  Continuing into high school I was still wetting 1-3 nights a week with it being less frequent by senior year but still happening about once a week or less. Yes I peed my bed the day I started hi school and was washing my sheets before leaving for my last day of high school.  Started my Senior year wet and ended it wet 🤣.  

Now (mid 30's) I still have a few wet nights a month with the last one being last week when I woke up wet Wednesday morning.  

My cousin was also a late bedwetter but he got it together when he was 14 and stopped peeing his bed that year. 

I also had issues keeping my pants dry through elementary school but thankfully I got that under control before middle school.