Sign In

What age did your stop bedwetting?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve always had a weak bladder so bed wetting wasn’t uncommon well into high school. Nowadays, I don’t wet the bed unless I had a few drinks before bed, especially after coming home from a bar or club

I never stopped. I've been a bedwetter my entire life. Our mattress is protected and I wear pull-ups to bed most nights.

Well, I haven't wet the bed since last week Tuesday, but I wouldn't say that I'd stopped . . . . 😄  

Just now, buggy2013 said:

I wet the bed heavily until 10-11ish, then stopped all of a sudden. Like, went from every single night to it hasn’t happened since.

I do have a friend that wet until 13/14ish, though a lot more sporadically, and still isn’t totally surprised if it happens now.

Yeah I remember in middle school 1 girl like 12 at the time wet the bed at a sleepover and then it got spread around at school afterwards

11 minutes ago, April Nine said:

Maybe like...2nd grade? Its a hard question to answer for me because I've always had lots of accidents. I don't know when I stopping wetting like a baby but I still had bed wetting accidents throughout. I think it drastically reduced somewhere around 2nd grade though

I kinda meant like when you completely stopped wetting the bed at all

Stopped bedwetting at around 9, I mostly did my best to hide it from my parents if I happened to wake up wet, but gave up on it after one morning I woke up with different pjs than the night before, and it didn't take me long to realize why lol- My parents never mentioned it to me directly and I'm grateful for that lol, would've been the most embarrassing thing ever for the shy kid I was, specially since it happened quite often, about 2 nights a week, my parents only changed me once though, the rest of the times I had to do my own cleanup which I honestly liked because it saved the embarrassment of knowing someone else had to see me like this, I'm guessing my parents thought that me not being ever able to do any sleepovers at the time to be punishing enough haha

I haven't wet the bed accidentally since I was I think 7 or 8 years old.  I was at my dad's house (which was very rare) and I soaked the bed (which was also rare by that age).  My sister found out because we were sharing his spare room (separate beds) but she kept my secret and as far as I knew, I'd completely gotten away with it....  (spoiler alert: I hadn't).

Years later (adulthood), I was talking to my mother about something or another from back in those days and she brought up the time I peed the bed at his place which as I now had a real thing for accidents, etc, was kinda awkward considering I had no idea she knew about that...  Apparently big-brain 7yo me stashed my wet PJs behind the wardrobe and a few weeks later, he posted them back to her, unwashed and stinking, in a jiffy bag with a single-sentence note saying that it was unacceptable that I was still wetting the bed.  Nice guy, huh? 😛

Any subsequent mattress moistenings have been of my own volition aside from the occasional minor diaper leak which are still a deliberate act at  heart...

i wanna say 8-9 years old? i didn't bed wet all the time though which was the problem but i always slept on a mattress pad for children with bed wetting issues so the sheets never got wet. i remember vividly the last time i ever wet the bed and it was during christmas one year, and i woke up to my night shirt soaked and the bed as well. I was trying to find a new shirt in my parents room (the shirt i borrowed was my moms and i couldn't go in my room because my grandparents were sleeping in my room). I woke my mom up and she asked wtf i was doing and why i was making noise. I told her i wet the bed and she was kinda grumpy at me the remainder of the morning because i woke her up. I had no idea why, but after that i never had another accident.

I don't have any memories of either wetting the bed or having an accident. So, if I ever wet the bed as a toddler, I must have been too young to remember it. (I think I'd remember it though, because I still have memories of being in my highchair.)

Is that abnormal? Do most kids go through a bedwetting phase?

Edited by AngelStars (see edit history)

I think i was about 11 yo when i stopped wet my bed.. and i think it was bc i used an alarm in my bed, that recogniced when i peed.. and it was very embarrassing, bc i was sleeping in my older sister room, so everytime she woke me up when the alarm beeped.. haha, maybe it was bc of that embarrassing moment i had to stop pee in my sleep 🙂